Prophet

CCH...@musicb.mcgill.ca

Sep 8, 2000, 11:13:21 AM9/8/00
In article <39B80644...@escape.ca> Pun of the Day <p...@escape.ca> writes:
>Who was the greatest financier in the Bible? Pharaoh's daughter. She
>went down to the bank of the Nile and drew out a little prophet.

.... and Noah floated a loan while the rest of the world was in
liquidation.

Robert E. Lewis

Sep 8, 2000, 12:15:26 PM9/8/00

And Noah was also a great stock manipulator.

Greg Evans

Sep 8, 2000, 12:32:26 PM9/8/00
Robert E. Lewis wrote:
> CCH...@MUSICB.MCGILL.CA wrote:

> > Pun of the Day writes:
> > >Who was the greatest financier in the Bible? Pharaoh's daughter. She
> > >went down to the bank of the Nile and drew out a little prophet.
> >
> > .... and Noah floated a loan while the rest of the world was in
> > liquidation.
>
> And Noah was also a great stock manipulator.

...but Moses invests...

Jenni Saqua

Sep 8, 2000, 1:06:01 PM9/8/00
Greg Evans wrote:

One of the first to coin the phrase, "please put that in writing"...

Jenni Saqua

Sep 8, 2000, 1:18:19 PM9/8/00
Ron Forsch wrote:

> Pun of the Day wrote:
>
> >Who was the greatest financier in the Bible? Pharaoh's daughter. She
> >went down to the bank of the Nile and drew out a little prophet.
>

> Nobody reeds these.

We've all been basket cases at one time or another.

Don Kirkman

Sep 8, 2000, 5:14:52 PM9/8/00
It seems to me I heard somewhere that Greg Evans wrote in article
<6u8u5.348459$t91.4...@news4.giganews.com>:

Jesus saves, but the Mongol hoards.
--
Don

Robert Tanner

Sep 8, 2000, 10:23:13 PM9/8/00

"Jenni Saqua" <win...@teetime.com> wrote in message
Or, was he in DeNile?

Ron Forsch

Sep 9, 2000, 12:05:08 PM9/9/00
On Fri, 08 Sep 2000 10:18:19 -0700, Jenni Saqua <win...@teetime.com>
wrote:

^^^^^^Weave

Greg Evans

Sep 9, 2000, 12:15:23 PM9/9/00
Ron Forsch wrote:

> Jenni Saqua wrote:
> >Ron Forsch wrote:

> >> Nobody reeds these.
> >
> >We've all been basket cases at one time or another.
> ^^^^^^Weave

Ron and Jenni have once again proved that it takes two to tangle.

Ron Forsch

Sep 10, 2000, 11:47:12 AM9/10/00
On Sat, 09 Sep 2000 16:15:23 GMT, "Greg Evans" <greg...@home.com>
wrote:

.....he snarled.

Greg Evans

Sep 11, 2000, 11:45:50 AM9/11/00
Ron Forsch wrote:

> Greg Evans wrote:
> >Ron Forsch wrote:

She

> >> ^^^^^^Weave
> >
> >Ron and Jenni have once again proved that it takes two to tangle.
> .....he snarled.

Knot bad! I declare this one a tie; I'm gonna go listen to some Ravel....

Stan Kegel

Sep 11, 2000, 1:47:02 PM9/11/00
I'm a frayed knot.

Greg Evans

Sep 11, 2000, 2:55:38 PM9/11/00

Oooh, you're a twisted one!

Stan Kegel

Sep 11, 2000, 4:56:23 PM9/11/00
I think you're stringing me along.

Greg Evans

Sep 11, 2000, 5:20:52 PM9/11/00

...Only to leave you stranded, knitting your brow in frustration.

Robert E. Lewis

Sep 11, 2000, 8:58:05 PM9/11/00

You think so? I thought they were all as wholesome as the
Braidy Bunch.

Stan Kegel

Sep 11, 2000, 9:39:22 PM9/11/00
My favorite singer comes from a closely knit family. Mini Perl.

Greg Evans

Sep 12, 2000, 10:58:44 AM9/12/00

Now you're just starting to knit-pick...but sew what? These puns are
keeping me in stitches.

Stan Kegel

Sep 12, 2000, 12:38:40 PM9/12/00
Aren't you just embroidering it a little?

Obnoxio The Clown

Sep 12, 2000, 12:39:29 PM9/12/00
On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 09:38:40 -0700, Stan Kegel <ke...@fea.net> spewed
forth:

Was that post laced with sarcasm?

Greg Evans

Sep 12, 2000, 3:33:02 PM9/12/00

My cheeks with suppressed laughter are Belgian. Lace let bygones be
bygones, shall we?

Carlos Benjamin

Sep 12, 2000, 4:02:52 PM9/12/00
In article <Jvvv5.1318$SN6....@news4.giganews.com>,
Eyelet you folks alone for a few weeks.....
Guess I'll have to check in here doily, even though I may only be able
to post weakly.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Jenni Saqua

Sep 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/13/00
Stan Kegel wrote:

> Obnoxio The Clown wrote:
> >Stan Kegel spewed forth:

> That's a petit point.

O.K... now I think we're just tit for tatting...

Cathi Martin

Sep 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/13/00
In article <39BF3BD8...@fea.net>, Stan Kegel <ke...@fea.net> writes
>Obnoxio The Clown wrote:
>>Stan Kegel spewed forth:
>That's a petit point.
No tat's knot. I don't want to have to say sew again, otherwise I'll
get crotchety. I have trouble keeping my temper hemmed in. So don't
needle me! Or I shall have to call Bob in.

Must get weaving; the time is looming large to catch the shuttle. It's
very speedy - Warp Factor 10.
--
Cathi

Don Kirkman

Sep 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/13/00
It seems to me I heard somewhere that Obnoxio The Clown wrote in article
<39be5c32.13991468@news>:

And crewel as well.
--
Don

Stan Kegel

Sep 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/13/00
Jenni Saqua wrote:

> Stan Kegel wrote:
> > Obnoxio The Clown wrote:
> > >Stan Kegel spewed forth:
> > That's a petit point.
> O.K... now I think we're just tit for tatting...
I think you're trying to make a clean breast of things.

Stan Kegel

Sep 13, 2000, 5:11:01 AM9/13/00
Obnoxio The Clown wrote:
>Stan Kegel spewed forth:

Jenni Saqua

Sep 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/14/00
Stan Kegel wrote:

> Jenni Saqua wrote:
> > Stan Kegel wrote:

> > O.K... now I think we're just tit for tatting...
> I think you're trying to make a clean breast of things.

Nah, I've just satin stitched for awhile...

Stan Kegel

Sep 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/14/00
Jenni Saqua wrote:
> Stan Kegel wrote:
> > Jenni Saqua wrote:
> > > Stan Kegel wrote:
> > > O.K... now I think we're just tit for tatting...
> > I think you're trying to make a clean breast of things.
> Nah, I've just satin stitched for awhile...
Don't want to needle you but this thread in weaving in and out.
I wonder what looms ahead.

davep

Oct 23, 2000, 11:04:06 PM10/23/00
Greg Evans wrote:

> [...]

Visit Pamplona. See the bullrushers...

best
dwp

One Weird Dude

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
In article <39F4FE53...@quik.com>,
I wouldn't bother. They're a bunch of bull.

--
From Mr Original. My advice: be yourself or someone else will. (10/20)

Stan Kegel

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00

One Weird Dude wrote:

> In article <39F4FE53...@quik.com>,
> davep <da...@quik.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't bother. They're a bunch of bull.

A bunch of bull? I herd that.

One Weird Dude

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
In article <39F5E21C...@fea.net>,

ke...@fea.net wrote:

> One Weird Dude wrote:
> >
> > In article <39F4FE53...@quik.com>,
> > davep <da...@quik.com> wrote:
> > > Greg Evans wrote:

<snippity-snip-snip>

> > > Visit Pamplona. See the bullrushers...
> > >
> > I wouldn't bother. They're a bunch of bull.
> >
> A bunch of bull? I herd that.

I've been waiting for a chance at this:

City slicker: "Hey, look at that group of cows."
Country friend: "It's a herd of cows."
City slicker: "Yeah, I've heard of cows."
Country friend: "No, I mean a cow herd."
City slicker: "Who knows what a cow heard? I've got no secrets from a
cow!"

And while I'm at it:

Country boy: "Ya like raisin bread?"
City slicker: "Don't know. Never tried to raise any."

alohacyberian

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
Stan Kegel <ke...@fea.net> wrote in article
<39F5E21C...@fea.net>...

Pharaoh's
> > daughter. She
> > prophet.

> > > Visit Pamplona. See the bullrushers...
> > >
> > I wouldn't bother. They're a bunch of bull.
> >
> A bunch of bull? I herd that.

I can't corralate the two. KM

Cybe R. Wizard

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/24/00
Was it only Tue, 24 Oct 2000 22:35:21 GMT, when One Weird Dude
<WSC_th...@Yahoo.com> offered:

>In article <39F5E21C...@fea.net>,
> ke...@fea.net wrote:
>>

>> One Weird Dude wrote:

><snippity-snip-snip>

>> > I wouldn't bother. They're a bunch of bull.
>> >
>> A bunch of bull? I herd that.
>>

>I've been waiting for a chance at this:
>
>City slicker: "Hey, look at that group of cows."
>Country friend: "It's a herd of cows."
>City slicker: "Yeah, I've heard of cows."
>Country friend: "No, I mean a cow herd."
>City slicker: "Who knows what a cow heard? I've got no secrets from a
>cow!"
>
>And while I'm at it:
>
>Country boy: "Ya like raisin bread?"
>City slicker: "Don't know. Never tried to raise any."

I'm guessing he's never Kipled, either, hmmm?

Cybe R. Wizard
--
cyber_wizard
@

Greg Evans

Oct 24, 2000, 10:48:48 PM10/24/00
One Weird Dude wrote:
> ke...@fea.net wrote:
> > > >
> <snippity-snip-snip>

> > > I wouldn't bother. They're a bunch of bull.
> > >
> > A bunch of bull? I herd that.
> >
> I've been waiting for a chance at this:
>
> City slicker: "Hey, look at that group of cows."
> Country friend: "It's a herd of cows."
> City slicker: "Yeah, I've heard of cows."
> Country friend: "No, I mean a cow herd."
> City slicker: "Who knows what a cow heard? I've got no secrets from a
> cow!"

Pardon me for horning in, but as a matter of trivial curiosity, did this
originate with Abbot and Costello, or did they get it somewhere Elsie?

> And while I'm at it:
>
> Country boy: "Ya like raisin bread?"
> City slicker: "Don't know. Never tried to raise any."

alohacyberian

Oct 24, 2000, 11:53:54 PM10/24/00
Cybe R. Wizard <cyber_...@mindnumbing.com> wrote in article
<t2jcvs04e9ec04tvq...@4ax.com>...

> >> A bunch of bull? I herd that.
> >>
> >I've been waiting for a chance at this:
> >
> >City slicker: "Hey, look at that group of cows."
> >Country friend: "It's a herd of cows."
> >City slicker: "Yeah, I've heard of cows."
> >Country friend: "No, I mean a cow herd."
> >City slicker: "Who knows what a cow heard? I've got no
secrets from a
> >cow!"
> >
> >And while I'm at it:
> >
> >Country boy: "Ya like raisin bread?"
> >City slicker: "Don't know. Never tried to raise any."
>
> I'm guessing he's never Kipled, either, hmmm?

No, but I've seen Rudyard Kipling. KM

Robert E. Lewis

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00
"Cybe R. Wizard" wrote:

> Was it only Tue, 24 Oct 2000 22:35:21 GMT, when One Weird Dude
> <WSC_th...@Yahoo.com> offered:
>
> >In article <39F5E21C...@fea.net>,
> > ke...@fea.net wrote:

> ><snippity-snip-snip>

> >> A bunch of bull? I herd that.
> >>
> >I've been waiting for a chance at this:
> >
> >City slicker: "Hey, look at that group of cows."
> >Country friend: "It's a herd of cows."
> >City slicker: "Yeah, I've heard of cows."
> >Country friend: "No, I mean a cow herd."
> >City slicker: "Who knows what a cow heard? I've got no secrets from a
> >cow!"
> >
> >And while I'm at it:
> >
> >Country boy: "Ya like raisin bread?"
> >City slicker: "Don't know. Never tried to raise any."
>
> I'm guessing he's never Kipled, either, hmmm?

Oh, yeah - he's done that a kiple of times.

Don Kirkman

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/25/00
It seems to me I heard somewhere that Robert E. Lewis wrote in article
<39F6E413...@brazosport.cc.tx.us>:

>"Cybe R. Wizard" wrote:
>> Was it only Tue, 24 Oct 2000 22:35:21 GMT, when One Weird Dude
>> <WSC_th...@Yahoo.com> offered:
>> ><snippity-snip-snip>

>> >I've been waiting for a chance at this:
>> >City slicker: "Hey, look at that group of cows."
>> >Country friend: "It's a herd of cows."
>> >City slicker: "Yeah, I've heard of cows."
>> >Country friend: "No, I mean a cow herd."
>> >City slicker: "Who knows what a cow heard? I've got no secrets from a
>> >cow!"
>> >And while I'm at it:
>> >Country boy: "Ya like raisin bread?"
>> >City slicker: "Don't know. Never tried to raise any."
>> I'm guessing he's never Kipled, either, hmmm?
>Oh, yeah - he's done that a kiple of times.

He only does that for family members. Mostly he's his brother's kipler.
--
Don