IE7.0 bug

windandwaves

Feb 27, 2007, 7:11:14 PM2/27/07
Hi Folk

Have a look here:

http://www.lakebrunner.co.nz/TranzAlpine+train.php

and then look at it in IE7.0, which should show an empty page.

Do you have any idea about this bug?

Cheers

Nicolaas

windandwaves

Feb 27, 2007, 7:11:52 PM2/27/07
Hi Folk

Have a look here:

http://www.lakebrunner.co.nz/TranzAlpine+train.php

and then look at it in IE7.0, which should show an empty page.

Have you encountered this bug before?

TIA

Nicolaas

windandwaves

Feb 27, 2007, 7:11:47 PM2/27/07

Jukka K. Korpela

Feb 28, 2007, 3:21:13 AM2/28/07
Scripsit windandwaves:

> Hi Folk

Who's Folk and why should we know him?

> http://www.lakebrunner.co.nz/TranzAlpine+train.php
>
> and then look at it in IE7.0, which should show an empty page.

It's not empty, just crap.

> Do you have any idea about this bug?

Do you mean the bug in your newsreader, which sent three copies of your
message?

You have some syntax errors near column 1,500 of the first line in your
markup. But a validator will tell your more exactly.

If you want to have the page fixed, pay someone to redesign it from scratch.
That's the fastest and cheapest way. The source looks like pig's vomit, so
it would take quite some time to convert it to something manageable.

--
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Travis Newbury

Feb 28, 2007, 6:00:42 AM2/28/07
On Feb 28, 3:21 am, "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorp...@cs.tut.fi> wrote:
> The source looks like pig's vomit, so
> it would take quite some time to convert it to something manageable.

Come on.... What do you really think about it?

Jukka K. Korpela

Feb 28, 2007, 6:56:17 AM2/28/07
Scripsit Travis Newbury:

What? Do you want a _straight_ answer from _me_, without my usual smoothing
and polishing and diplomacy?

OK, it would be something like this: If you wanted me to work on it and
modify it to make it half-decent, you would need to break into Fort Knox in
order to pay the first advance.

Andy Dingley

Feb 28, 2007, 7:36:39 AM2/28/07
On 28 Feb, 08:21, "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorp...@cs.tut.fi> wrote:

> The source looks like pig's vomit,

As a guess, more like XSLT's vomit.

Although the result is sorely broken, it shouldn't be that difficult
to fix the cause. You need a PHP / maybe XSLT coder as well as a HTML
coder. We can't help, as we just can't see the PHP source that's
causing it.

(and ditch the XHTML altogether)

Bernhard Sturm

Feb 28, 2007, 3:45:26 PM2/28/07
Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

> OK, it would be something like this: If you wanted me to work on it and
> modify it to make it half-decent, you would need to break into Fort Knox
> in order to pay the first advance.

ohhh.. finally somebody with a profound professional attitude!
hope you are enjoying the flight.

bernhard

--
www.daszeichen.ch
remove nixspam to reply

Vince Morgan

Mar 1, 2007, 1:41:49 AM3/1/07
I pressed the "Optimize" button once on some html editor and ended up with
code that looks amazingly similar to yours.
Trouble was that it "Optimized" it for network transport, and de-optimzed it
for readability.
Removing whitespace and line breaks must increase the performance by at
least as much as .01%, perhaps even more, or leass.

Vince Morgan

Mar 1, 2007, 1:50:45 AM3/1/07
Oooops, forgot to mention you have errors around the "you need flash player"
stuff

windandwaves

Mar 1, 2007, 6:43:29 AM3/1/07
Hi Folk

Sorry for posting three times.

Sorry also for the errors.

Have another look at:

http://www.lakebrunner.co.nz/TranzAlpine+train.php

it validates and the source code is legible.

Thank you

Nicolaas

Vince Morgan

Mar 2, 2007, 8:04:03 PM3/2/07
"windandwaves" <nfra...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi Folk
>
> Sorry for posting three times.
>
> Sorry also for the errors.

Don't be sorry Nicolaas
The site is, IMHO, very nice work.
I wanted to visit the place the moment I saw the home page!
It's a work of art and I'd be proud of it personaly.
As for the errors, they were very few, and I'm certain you weren't the first
person to remove all the whitespace from a site.
Nice work Nicolaas
Regards,
Vince morgan

makc.th...@gmail.com