Darkness

1 view

The Gore-met

Nov 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/10/97

WOW! Leif Jonker's Darkness is a tour de force of low budget horror
filmaking. This movie plays it straight and goes right for the guts,
delivering a feast of manic gore and unnerving pace. Everyone in a
smalltown is turning into zombie-like vampires, led by the badass head
vampire, and a group of teens unwittingly arrive home after a concert to
face this onslaught. A lone survivor of the lord vampire's opening
massacre is chasing him, seeking to kill him in bloody revenge. He helps
the teens survive and together they try to live out the night! VERY gory
schlock that eschewes laughs for terror and features an effective and
memorable soundtrack. Movies like this seem to fall out of the sky, or
off the Internet, and renew my faith in the horror genre and where it's
headed.
"We have a lifetime to know your flesh..."
Terror! Mayhem! Bloody horror!
The Galloping Gore-met: http://www.interlog.com/~goremet

Timothy Clark

Nov 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/11/97

WOW? Puh-lease. This movie is a piece of garbage. The effects were
okay and the movie was cleverly marketed by the infamous fag-rag Film
Threat. The premise was the same 'ol stupid-ass story that makes no
sense. If I wanna watch something that makes no sense I watch Eraserhead.

milkman

Nov 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/11/97

I thought Darkness was pretty cool too, I was expecting more gore
though. The scene at the end where the vampires melt, and explode is
probably the second goriest scene I've ever seen(nothin' can beat the
lawnmower scene in Braindead). The gore fx were better than expected,
the music was good, but the acting was almost unbearably bad, oh well I
didn't watch this flick for plot, dialogue, and character development.

Visit my webpage: http://www.concentric.net/~Milkman/

Milkman

Kimberly Anselmi

Nov 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/11/97

see now i liked this one....... i thought that some of the gore was
pretty good for a low budget movie....... one of the better low bugget
ones that are out there..... for more low budget fun people should check
out Labratory of the Devil.... or The Dead Next Door..... although i
liked Darkness the best of those 3 titles.......

Decomp

Nov 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/11/97

Yes, I just rented this from West Coast (Fight Blockbutcher and Hellywood)
and it was great. It had great gore for low budget and yet had a great
storyline. I loved the zombie like vampires too. After seeing movies like
Hideous, Carnosaur3, etc I feel alot better seeing something good for once.
The ending was great too

Decomp
----------------------------------
Http://www.geocities.com/broadway/4321
Puppet Master VI : The Website

The Gore-met

Nov 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/11/97

I agree whole-black-heartedly. "Darkness" is a great piece of low budget
filmaking. Give me an honest effort like this than one of those sequels
anyday. The movie delivers the goods, plain and simple. And I also
heartily endorse "The Dead Next Door", J.R. Bookwalter delivers a
shotgun blast of cheesy gore with that one. If you like "Dawn Of The
Dead", or if you hate "Dawn Of The Dead", there's something in this one
for you.