Cthulhu Poem

Simon

Mar 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/12/98

This is a poem I wrote some yars ago. Found it as I was cleaning me
harddrive.
Thought I might poste it here. Of swedish oroigin my english ain’t perfect
and I didn’t
have the strength to correct it. Anyhow…see what you think….

Later

Simon

OLD CTHARATHS

The sight was placed solemly on the back of a green crest, land in front,
sea in the back
Grotesque in its stark contrast to the living plants seaging it, I wondered
why they´d left
As it overlooked the raging inferno of blue sea underneath as if meant to
scare
Tired visitors, it looked helpless as if someones single thought woulde be
enough
To send it down, plunging, burying itself in the oceans grappling seaweed

Within the blackish walls, rouined by time, a very small cupola of some
ankward form
Took its toll on me, and I rested for a short while on old runes carved in
stone
Waking up, the night had swept over the furtile land, the sky now saved the
light
In some fantastic way I had slept without closing my eyes because i
remembered
The crimson twilight as one remember a distant dream or a headless dejavu

When my bones ached and screamed for stretch, I aroose as if not wanting to
Wake up someone at my side and I walked with stealthy steps to the open
middle
The cupola, now as dark as darkness can be, hoverd above me like
claustrofobia
And i searched a long time but found no entrance in any visible ordinary
form
And i strode into the streets of the once mighty town, afraid for my own
soul

I lingered at the treshold of the vanished peoples home I surveid every
inside shadow
Because the things not visible gave me a sensation of wisdom and might
lossed
When in what must have been the northern part, I saw the first runes since
My start, scrambled in order over an archway of blue, exotic, cubblestones
And a power that i felt came from belowe, forced my feets to enter

The small, squerish building was not a residence as I had thought, no it was
no such
The only room was bare, saved some kind of draining system on the floor
Saved furniture, not saved carvings that pictured naked men with big,
gruesome heads
That filled every floor and ceiling border, and their eyes where all turned
down
Down to the strange immersions in the floor, and I stood and I saw

The small half-circles forced down the floor in a strange star-shaped circle
symbol
Where not as I saw now a draining system because the holes that lead down
where elevated,
Making it impossible to drain, but very possible to flood this small room
with hovering
Walls, my eyes told me they saw a flickering of blue down one of the holes,
electric
But my mind told em of, no such thing where possible, the city dead as it
was

Then a regrett as the holes acted as founts for a darkblue, sparkling liquid
that rose
In the air, hovered still, hovered even more, and I in total injustice to my
mind
I Scrambeld the floor, looking for the door, but no door no more, just walls
and walls
Panic filled my lounges, tasted bitter and draft, as the founts spewed more
of that
It raced to my head and embraced it in shockwaves of light, and I was no
more

And then I must have awoken from a dream because I was surely alive and
feeling nothing
But quite natural and human sick, and in darkness my eyes searched, blind as
doing so
And I let out small sound from my broken tounge, to echo the size of where I
was
And insanity hit my like a stone, as my own words raced back to me before
they left
My mouth, a space small, so small I couldn´t belive I didn´t touch a wall

I aroose and still my mind backtracked cause I still felt nothing but my own
breath
Stretching my arms, swirling, spinning I felt a bubbled roof and circled
walls, Oh
Just as I understood where I was, the cupola of course, light came from
belowe
As the floor beneath me collapsed, and rasing down with cubblestones I saw
Myself raising to the ocean floor, the stones splashing the raging surface
as prophecys of my fall

My head where frozen to what felt as parts, and slow stones hit my body at
the time
When my heavy body strock the belowe, dividing the waves as Moses did before
Down, down my eyes where blured, stinging with salt, wet as they ever where
Cried I did as I sunk to the bottom, my sweet tears neutralising the
blindness
And the seas life where apparent to me, my cold mind cried out in
outragesness

The rocky bottom holded so much more, then the average marine flora and
fauna
It held a city which beauty, architecture and grandness I had never seen
before
The people had not vanished, just gone below, fled they did, of course they
had
I could sympathise to my death with those round headed men that came gliding
to me
Take my away I bubbled, we will take you away the sang

In gentle but stonefirm gripps they brought me downwards, away from the lit
sea
Down to the dark, cold emptiness after stroking above the city, its
inhabbitants
Waved at me, a drowning sailor they thought, beeing brought to whatever
justice
He had deserved and the guards had judged, my weary arms told them goodbye
As they brought me down to my resting place I haled and saluted that day I
where to die

XandoR

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

I think it's very touching, for a brief moment there was a flashback
that transferred me into the Nameless City, don't asked me why.
If someone else was interested, I really would like to read the
untranslated version.(Although I've little hope understanding it)