Update on The Whisperer in Darkness

icarp...@aol.com

Jan 19, 2011, 12:27:13 PM1/19/11
http://www.cthulhulives.org/Whisperer/twid-blog.html

Looks like the US premiere will be at the HPL FIlm Festival

I was hoping for a Chicago gala event...

Matt

Aaron Vanek

Jan 19, 2011, 3:31:35 PM1/19/11

Sorry, Matt.

This gala event will be pretty special, though. The Warner Grand
Theater, where we're again holding the HPLFF, opened in 1931, the same
year Weird Tales published "The Whisperer in Darkness".
It's the 80th birthday of both great creations, so showing the
cinematic adaptation of it there is, to me, squee-worthy. But I'm
biased.

I'm also very likely going to screen "Berkeley Square", a feature from
1933 that Lovecraft watched four times and inspired him to write "The
Shadow Out of Time".

The HPLHS and I are already planning some pretty awesome goodies for
the crowd.

There's a discount with the nearby Crowne Plaza Hotel for festival
goers. Use the promo code "HPL" (no quotes) if you're booking a stay
there.

Star saving now. If you're going to make a trip this year, see SoCal
in September for the Lovecraft Film Festival.

best,
Aaront