Cthulhu One is not for the weak minded !!!

Venger-Satanis

Feb 22, 2005, 1:19:41 PM2/22/05
I'm so glad that everyone is entitled to their opinion :)

Well, it is obvious that some people understand Lovecraft differently
than I. Is your interpretation better than mine? Do you have some
hidden insight into cosmic horror, witch-haunted Arkham, black magic,
alien Gods, and monstrous entities from unmentionable nightmares? I
suppose all those things have nothing to do with dark forces, nothing
to do with circumventing the natural laws of the universe, going beyond
the world we percieve around us.

Pardon me, but that is what Lovecraft is all about. (rationally,
Lovecraft could not believe in what he was writing because the world
was unfortunately dominated by people such as yourself when he was
alive and well)
Sadly, you have missed the entire point of the dark fantasy genre! The
influencing of reality is possible, it is documented, and goes on all
the time around you - in the badly lit alcoves and blind alleyways of
the unconscious.

Please don't pretend you are an expert in things you clearly don't
understand. I practice magic just about every day, in fact, I could
easily destroy you or anyone else that I wished with black magic. But
generally it pleases me enough to let you sleep in your purely
materialist worldview which also acts as your prison. Good luck with
that... Hail Satan! Ia Ia Cthulhu!

besides Cthulhu One convention news which is up now, there will be a
lot more information on the Cult of Cthulhu very soon. thanks.
www.CultofCthulhu.net

vonj...@hotmail.com

Feb 22, 2005, 4:04:58 PM2/22/05
Listen up.

I've followed what's going on here for some time, and I want to say
this.

My experience with The Necronomicon Files has brought me into contact
with many people who work with the Cthulhu Mythos in their spiritual
practices. Some are disturbing, true enough, but others are
intelligent, creative people who work hard and pay their taxes. If you
say you don't believe them, they shrug their shoulders - they may not
entirely believe in it themselves. The concept of a convention
organized by someone like that doesn't bother me.

What does bother me is intolerance and veiled threats against people in
a community in which I'm involved. I've dealt with enough of these
psychic attack claims to be really tired of them. My experience has
been that most people who threaten magical attack wouldn't dare come
after me physically, and I'm not a particularly big or scary guy. I
treat such claims with complete contempt for the one who makes them.
For a convention organizer to do so, I think, is extremely
unprofessional, to say the least.

Of course, some people here can laugh this off, but to me, it's a
question of intent. On that level, there's no difference between
boasting of one's supposed ability at death curses and waving around a
gun. Neither is anything that should be done in a conversation of any
sort.

So keep this crap to yourself, okay?

Dan Harms

Mike Tice

Feb 22, 2005, 4:40:33 PM2/22/05

Venger-Satanis wrote:
> (rationally,
> Lovecraft could not believe in what he was writing because the world
> was unfortunately dominated by people such as yourself when he was
> alive and well)

No, Lovecraft could not believe in what he was writing because he was
making it up. Fiction is fun, but (like it or not) everyone must live
in the real world.

> Please don't pretend you are an expert in things you clearly don't
> understand. I practice magic just about every day, in fact, I could
> easily destroy you or anyone else that I wished with black magic.

Please don't make claims you're not willing to back up. If you can
perform supernatural magic, you should claim the $1 million prize
offered by JREF to "anyone who can show, under proper observing
conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power
or event."

The rules for applying can be found here:
http://www.randi.org/research/challenge.html

With $1 million, you could build a very nice Cult of Cthulhu
headquarters.

--Mike

"We know nothing except through logical analysis, and if we reject
that sole connexion with reality, we might as well stop trying to
be adults and retreat into the capricious dream-world of infantility."

-- HP Lovecraft, letter to Robert E. Howard 8/16/32

Chuck Stewart

Feb 22, 2005, 5:30:41 PM2/22/05
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:19:41 -0800, Venger-Satanis wrote:

> I'm so glad that everyone is entitled to their opinion :)

So far, so good.

> Well, it is obvious that some people understand Lovecraft differently
> than I. Is your interpretation better than mine? Do you have some
> hidden insight into cosmic horror, witch-haunted Arkham, black magic,
> alien Gods, and monstrous entities from unmentionable nightmares?

Actually, I do. I learned them from my cat Sheba. The primary
thing I learned was food first, affection later.

> I suppose all those things have nothing to do with dark forces, nothing
> to do with circumventing the natural laws of the universe, going beyond
> the world we percieve around us.

That's right. They don't.

If you think otherwise then there is a man called
James Randy who will give you one million dollars
for proof of any paranormal power on your part.

Be sure to read the rules and carry through. They are
very reasonable:

http://www.randi.org/research/challenge.html

> Pardon me, but that is what Lovecraft is all about.

No. Lovecraft was about a style of horror fiction
writing that essentially put modern religion aside,
thus eschewing Satanism as well, to tell tales of
horror where it turned out humans didn't matter very
much at all in the cosmic scheme of things.

> rationally,Lovecraft could not believe in what he was writing because

> the world was unfortunately dominated by people such as yourself when
> he was alive and well

Pure "let's pretend" on your part. Lovecraft rejected
the supernatural. He did not believe in make-believe.

> Sadly, you have missed the entire point of the dark fantasy genre!

Now. You missed the point.

"Fantasy"... that's the point.

> The influencing of reality is possible, it is documented, and goes on
> all the time around you - in the badly lit alcoves and blind alleyways
> of the unconscious.

Who wants to take bets that our visitor is about to
spout off with yet another insufficiently thought-out
pangeastic solipsism?

> Please don't pretend you are an expert in things you clearly don't
> understand.

But I do understand you, all too well.

> I practice magic just about every day,

And some people write poetry... but do you wash your
hands afterwards?

> in fact, I could easily destroy you or anyone else that
> I wished with black magic.

How very puerile of you.

This little spasm of yours would seem to destroy
any possible hint of credibilty your con may have
possessed.

--
Chuck Stewart
"Anime-style catgirls: Threat? Menace? Or just studying algebra?"

Greg Simmons

Feb 22, 2005, 7:00:31 PM2/22/05
"Venger-Satanis" <darri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I practice magic just about every day, in fact, I could
> easily destroy you or anyone else that I wished with black magic.

I am crushing your head!

Aaron Vanek

Feb 22, 2005, 7:13:18 PM2/22/05
Wait a second...

Venger-Satanis wrote:

[snipped]

Venger was the evil demon lord in the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon series!

It all makes sense now...

--
Aaron Vanek

Reviews of my latest movie:
http://www.flipsidemovies.com/yellowsign.html
http://www.filmthreat.com/Reviews.asp?Id=4472
Also see: http://www.webnoir.com/yellowsign
Buy some of my movies at: http://www.lurkerfilms.com

"Abandon all hope. Prepare for the Weirdness. Get familiar with Cannibalism."
--from "Hey Rube: Blood Sport, the Bush Doctrine, and the
Downward Spiral of Dumbness" by Hunter S. Thompson (1937-2005)

Mr. Mystik

Feb 22, 2005, 8:44:27 PM2/22/05
>Well, it is obvious that some people understand >Lovecraft differently

>than I. Is your interpretation better than mine? Do >you have some
>hidden insight into cosmic horror, witch-haunted >Arkham, black magic,

>alien Gods, and monstrous entities from >unmentionable nightmares?

No, but my ex does. Shall I introduce you -?

Kevin Nelson

Feb 22, 2005, 8:58:42 PM2/22/05
This is great. Unfortunately it think some folks might be interpreting
various statements much too literally. As I'm sure all of you know,
Lovecraft's works are all about creating an all encompasing and very
convincing view of reality even though it deals with outlandish
concepts. Of couse he's skilled enough as a writer to make you almost
think it's possible. I've spoken to Cthulhu One's organizer
"Venger-Satanis", and his role of High Priest of the Cult of Cthulhu is
simply and extension of this philosphy. That is, to create a surreal
atmosphere to hold mundane reality at bay for a while. He's adopted
the perfect persona for a Cthulhu convention I my opinion. He's sort
of like a horror movie host. Would you rather watch scary movies with
an intro by a guy like Vincent Price or some bland guy in a suit?
Can't you all just picture a Wizard Whately type ready to give the evil
eye? It's all very tongue-in-cheek. Aaron Vanek was correct in his
hypothesis of "Venger" coming from a cartoon. It did! He told me. If
that does not say that he does not take himself too seriously I don't
know what would. Even chaos magicians banish rituals with laughter.
Remember, this Con is about the wonderful material within the books and
less about the man who wrote them. That's already been done. We can
all pick up his bio anytime. So instead of making assumptions about
"what Lovecraft would do", let's let the Old Gent rest and have some
fun with what he left us.

~Kevin Nelson

Dan Clore

Feb 22, 2005, 9:56:40 PM2/22/05
Mike Tice wrote:
> Venger-Satanis wrote:
>
>>(rationally,
>>Lovecraft could not believe in what he was writing because the world
>>was unfortunately dominated by people such as yourself when he was
>>alive and well)
>
> No, Lovecraft could not believe in what he was writing because he was
> making it up. Fiction is fun, but (like it or not) everyone must live
> in the real world.
>
>>Please don't pretend you are an expert in things you clearly don't
>>understand. I practice magic just about every day, in fact, I could
>>easily destroy you or anyone else that I wished with black magic.
>
> Please don't make claims you're not willing to back up. If you can
> perform supernatural magic, you should claim the $1 million prize
> offered by JREF to "anyone who can show, under proper observing
> conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power
> or event."

You do realize that you're talking about someone who
published a book (_An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and
Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural_) that describes the
Necronomicon as an authentic mediaeval grimoire? (I'll give
Rani a million bucks if he can prove it!)

*****

Some more booboos from the same book:

abracadabra: "This is the name of the supreme deity of the
Assyrians." Not the name of any deity at all.

afreet: "In oriental mythology, the spirit of a dead person,
often a demon." Not the spirit of a dead person.

Angels of Mons: "On September 29, 1914, the London Evening
News published a charming fiction story by Arthur Machen
titled 'The Angels of Mons.'" The short story's title is
"The Bowmen".

Arnold, Kenneth: "A private pilot who reported that he had
seen nine flying 'saucer-shaped' objects [. . .]" Arnold
reported crescent-shaped objects. (He compared their motion
to that of a saucer skipped over water.)

banshee: "(Derived from the Celtic 'ben' for 'woman,' and
'sighe' for 'fairy.')" Correct form of the Gaelic is "bean
sídhe".

Blavatsky, Helena Petrovna: "Madame Blavatsky wrote several
mystical books, among them _Isis Unveiled_ (1877), which was
shown to have been copied from previous works of other
authors, and _The Secret Doctrine_ (1888)." Around a fifth
of the 1500+ pages of _Isis Unveiled_ consists of
(acknowled) quotations from other authors. The charge of
plagiarism resulted from her failing to acknowledge that
some of these had been taken from secondary sources, rather
than directly from the (acknowledged) primary source. (Also,
the individual--a Spiritualist, incidentally--who had
promised the forthcoming publication of his proofs of these
charges of plagiarism never did so, claiming that they had
been destroyed in a fire.)

"This fifth group [viz., Aryans] was seized upon by the Nazi
theorists, along with the Rosicrucian ideas, as a basis for
their racial superiority notions." The Nazis had no use for
Rosicrucian ideas. The "Aryans" of the Nazis did not come
from Blavatsky, and bear little resemblance to her
"Aryans"--her "Aryan" race includes Jews, for example.

"Heinrich Himmler, the chief of the Nazi SS [. . .] was a
devoted follower of the racial theories of Blavatsky and
based the design of the SS on her teachings and on those of
Aleister Crowley and the Templars, the band of
twelfth-century knights who protected the pilgrims on the
crusades." The Nazis had no use for Blavatsky's racial
theories, which were explicitly anti-racist. They banned all
Theosophical groups and known members were sent to
concentration camps. Groups associated with Crowley were
likewise banned. If Himmler had been a follower of the ideas
of Blavatsky and/or Crowley, he would have gone straight to
a concentration camp.

Crowley, Aleister: "Crowley was a British Satanist [. . .]"
Crowley was not a Satanist.

doppelgänger: Randi conflates two different kinds of
double--(1) a stranger, identical in appearance, familiar
from classical comedies and sitcoms; (2) an apparition, also
known as a fetch or wraith, that appears as an omen
presaging death.

Fort, Charles Hoy: "Fort invented the word teleportation, by
which *he* meant passage back and forth between outer space
and Earth, though the accepted meaning among psychics is
somewhat different." Fort used the word in the same sense as
psychics.

ghost: "From the German _geist_, for 'spirit.'" Though
cognate with the German word, "ghost" derives from Old
English _gást_.

gnome: "From the Greek _gnoma_, meaning "knowledge." The
word Randi has in mind is _gnomê_. "Gnome" does not derive
from it.

grimoire: Randi apparently accepts the _Necronomicon_ as an
authentic grimoire, though it is a fiction invented by H.P.
Lovecraft in his horror stories.

Hare Krishna: "The actual Krishna philosophy, as outlined in
the _Bhagavad Gita_, calls for an end to wars and for
universal love and food for all." The _Bhagavad Gita_ is
basically a pep-talk for a warrior about to engage in battle.

Iambilicus: The name is spelt "Iamblichus". (Perhaps he got
tangled up in Randi's umbilical cord.)

ka: "(also _khat_)" The _khat_ is the physical body; the
_ka_ is a sort of spiritual double. They are not the same thing.

kabala: "From the Hebrew word meaning 'collection.'" The
Hebrew word means "tradition."

Koreshan Unity: "The name David Koresh was adopted in 1990
by cult leader Vernon Wayne Howell (1959-1993), who followed
all these eccentric notions of Teed and fancied himself a
Christ figure." David Koresh followed none of Cyrus Reed
Teed's eccentric notions.

Krishnamurti, Jiddu: "(Né Alcyone, 1895-1986)" He was in
fact né Krishnamurti. (Alcyone was the name used for him in
an account of the various past incarnations of figures in
the Theosophical Society.)

kundalini yoga: "A form of yoga that preaches breath control
and various physical exercises--'ansanas'--to sublimate
sexual energy." The word "asana" (not "ansana") means "posture".

magnetic hills: "A strong example of this deceptive effect
is found at the 'Oregon Vortex,' a site on Interstate I-5
near Gold Hill, Oregon, near the California-Oregon border."
The Oregon Vortex is a classic amusement-park type "haunted
house", with various optical illusions; the magnetic hill
not among them.

Necronomicon: (Same error as under grimoire.)

nymph: "An elemental spirit of the water." There are many
sorts of nymphs not associated with the water, such as
dryads, oak-tree nymphs.

odic force: "From the name of the Norse god Odin." Nope.

reincarnation: "The idea that the spirit of a person leaves
the body at death and is reborn in another." Some believers
in reincarnation, such as Buddhists, deny the existence of a
spirit or soul.

runes: "Probably because of the primitive flavor of the
symbols, magical qualities have been ascribed to them."
Considering that those among whom this belief had no other
form of writing, runes probably did not strike them as
primitive.

Satanism: "This belief is a directly opposing power
structure to Christianity. The Devil replaces Jesus Christ,
demons replace angels." Most Satanists do not worship Satan,
or even believe that he exists.

Secret Gospel: "Clement of Alexandra, one of the early
fathers of the church, writing in the late eighteenth
century [. . .]" Randi must have an rather unorthodox view
of church chronology.

Tetragrammaton: "It varies from text to text. Some versions
are JHVH, IHVH, JHWH, YHVH, and YHWH." These are simply
different transliterations of the same Hebrew word.

Theosophy: "Astrology, clairvoyance, are not only
automatically accepted in Theosophy, but are important
factors in its dogma." Theosophy has no dogma and does not
require any particular beliefs. (Cf. the Theosophical
Society's motto: "There is no religion higher than truth.")

UFO: (Repeats error listed under Arnold, Kenneth.)

voodoo: "Voodoo itself is most well-known for its use of the
wax doll to effect changes on a subject." The so-called
"voodoo doll" is not actually used in Voodoo.

Walpurgis Nacht (night): (German form should be
"Walpurgisnacht".) "The night of April 30, also known as May
Day Eve and Beltane." Beltane falls on May Day, not May Day
Eve. "The name Beltane derives from Baal, the name of an
early Semitic fertility god of decidedly priapic nature." It
does not; the OED says: "The rubbish about Baal, Bel, Belus,
imported into the word from the Old Testament and classical
antiquity, is outside the scope of scientific etymology."

Another batch:

Abraham the Jew: Fair enough, but there was (allegedly) a
more famous "Abraham the Jew", who supposedly gave Nicolas
Flamel a manuscript describing the manufacture of the
philosopher's stone.

Aksakoi, Alexandre: Should be Alexander Aksakov (or Aksakoff).

amulet: "From the Arabic _hamulet_, meaning, 'that which is
suspended.'" Cf. the OED: "perh. in 15th c., a. Fr.
amulette; but app. not in reg. use till after 1600, when
adapted from L. amulêtum (Pliny), a word of unknown origin,
which has been conjecturally compared with mod.Arab.
himâlah, -at, lit. 'a carrier, bearer,' now applied inter
alia to a shoulder-belt or cord frequently used to secure a
small Koran or prayer-book on the breast, regarded as an
'amulet'; but the history of this word shows that the
resemblance between it and L. amulêtum is purely fortuitous,
and there exists no ground for ascribing the latter to an
Arabic origin."

Arthur (King): "Arthur's legend is closely tied to the
equally imaginary magician Merlin." While he little
resembled the Merlin of Arthurian legend, an historical
Merlin (actually, Myrddin) did exist (perhaps more than
one). Several poems by this sixth-century Welshman still
survive.

Bluebeard: "He [Gilles de Rais] earned the name Bluebeard
(_Barbe Blue_) from his glossy black beard, and by that name
he has come down through history as a character in
children's stories." Gilles de Rais was identified with the
French folktale character due to his crimes (which don't
actually resemble the fictional character's crimes much).
Also, the folktale was originally written for adults, not
children (the most famous version is by Charles Perrault).
(I have no idea what Gilles de Rais' beard looked like.)

cambion: "The offspring of a succubus and an incubus." A
cambion is the offspring of an incubus and a human woman.
(Perhaps Randi was confused by the theory that the incubus
has earlier obtained the semen by copulating with a man in
the form of a succubus.)

kundalini: "From the Sanskrit meaning 'serpent power.'" The
Sanskrit means "(that which is) coiled". (The term "serpent
power" was coined by Arthur Avalon (Sir John Woodruffe) as
an English equivalent; the Sanskrit (not actually used in
this form) would be Bhujangi Shakti.)

Merlin: "In the traditional story, Merlin does not die, but
is spirited away to the Isle of Avillion, wherever that may
be." It is Arthur who is taken to Avillion (better known as
Avalon) in the traditional story. Merlin is imprisoned in a
cave by a sorceress (named something like Nimue or Vivian,
depending on how badly the scribal tradition has mangled it
along the way) he has been tutoring.

ointment: "A special flying ointment was prepared by boiling
the fat from newborn, unbaptized children. It did not work."
Considering that it also contained such ingredients as
belladonna, mandrake, and aconite (as Randi himself notes in
his entries for "flying" and "sabbat"), it might well have
worked after all.

Order of the Golden Dawn: "Founder S.L. MacGregor Mathers
said that he obtained his esoteric knowledge for the order
from 'Secret Chiefs' and 'Masters' while in trance." The
Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn was founded by William
Wynn Westcott, William Robert Woodman, and Mathers after
Westcott discovered a "cipher manuscript" and subsequent
(snail-mail) contact with a German adept.

tantra: "A term referring to the sexual aspects of various
Eastern religions, mostly concerned with conserving sexual
energies and desires and directing them to other purposes."
The word _tantra_ refers to a type of Hindu or Buddhist
religious text. Some, but not all, of these concern the sort
of subject Randi mentions.

witch: "A male witch is now often referred to as a warlock,
though not strictly correctly. The term should more properly
be applied to males of monstrous appearance who perform
magic." Nonsense. (One of the archaic meanings of the term
is goblin, ogre, giant, monster, etc., but that is distinct
from its use for a male witch.)

--
Dan Clore

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1587154838/thedanclorenecro/
Lord Weÿrdgliffe & Necronomicon Page:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/9879/

Chuck Stewart

Feb 22, 2005, 11:03:00 PM2/22/05
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 18:56:40 -0800, Dan Clore wrote:

<re: James Randi and the Randi Challenge>

> You do realize that you're talking about someone who
> published a book (_An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and
> Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural_) that describes the
> Necronomicon as an authentic mediaeval grimoire? (I'll give
> Rani a million bucks if he can prove it!)

Honto?

Was he ever presented with the facts? And if
so, did he recant?

Mike Tice

Feb 23, 2005, 1:07:55 AM2/23/05
I myself wrote him an email about the Necronomicon. I make no claim
that Randi is infallible. Neither does he.

--Mike

Chuck Stewart

Feb 23, 2005, 1:18:09 AM2/23/05
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:07:55 -0800, Mike Tice wrote:

> I myself wrote him an email about the Necronomicon. I make no claim
> that Randi is infallible. Neither does he.

True, and it doesn't affect the validity of the
Challenge, but it surprised me that Randi would
get caught by that one :)

> --Mike

Franklin Hummel

Feb 23, 2005, 5:50:49 AM2/23/05

I wrote this last week in another post, but I'll now post it again here:

"Franklin Hummel" <hum...@world.std.com> wrote in message news:...

> "Venger-Satanis" <darri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> this convention is also serving as the birth of the Cult of Cthulhu - a
>> lovecraftian, satanic, chaos magic organization, of which i, darrick
>> dishaw, am high priest.
>

> Whenever I hear the claim something is Lovecraftian and Satanic, I know it is by the
> clueless who do not understand the concept of "Lovecraftian". Personally I find such
> things degrading to Lovecraft as an author and his philosophy.
>
> This is one thing NecronomiCon made it a purpose to avoid.
>
> I'm glad I wouldn't be attending this convention.
>
> -- Franklin Hummel in Boston, Massachusetts

Ben Johnson

Feb 23, 2005, 2:26:14 PM2/23/05
then destroy me oh master of delusion... by all means strike me down, I will
become more powerful than you can possibly imagine... hey it worked for
Obi-Wan... man you are a schmuck. Seriously.
Lovecraft would so want your ass kicked. Loser.

Love, Satan's lil fanboy
Ben Johnson

--
"I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to
anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson, RIP

P.Comm

Feb 23, 2005, 6:30:47 PM2/23/05
WOW, good information. Randi thought the Necronomicon was real? LMAO!!
The problem I see with Randi's challenge is that well, there are quite a few
things I could even prove to him with no effort at all - but I doubt he'd
see them as supernatural (nor do I - I just can't explain it). I'll
explain:

My husband and I are ballroom dancers - and we are damned good (nicknamed
Fred and Ginger by many other people who also are pretty good and even
competition dancers).

If I dance free style alone, and make less movements and use less space to
move around in, I will get measurably tired, heart rate speeds up, and I'm
out of breath. This can be measured easily enough.

If I dance in TANDEM making more movements, more complex movements, dancing
in a much larger area and do it for literally HOURS without stop, I do not
get tired, my heart rate is slow, and I'm never out of breath. This can
also be measured.

I have no explanation for this - but I do it every two weeks and have done
so for years even more often. HOW is it possible that dancing alone versus
dancing in tandem makes such a huge difference? I mentioned it to others,
even people in their 60s that dance for literally hours without let up.
They too never get out of breath, their heart rate is steady, they don't get
tired and so forth. The dance is even more effortless when the music being
played has a strong drum beat to it and not just music with no drum.
Everyone agrees! I mean 1000s of people agree! I even did an experiment
when I noticed this - at the club I got up and actually waltsed in one small
space by myself. It was not effortless. Doing it in tandem, in a huge
space with a lot more movement, is effortless.

What is the explanation? A martial artist observing this said that chi is
circling between two people and the ballroom dance, many of the movements in
it, is very much like tai chi. But Randi would not abide that
explanation. What IS the explanation?

So then, is this supernatural, according to Randi's criteria?

--
http://innsmouth.rules.it
or http://www.geocities.com/trip_to_innsmouth
"Dan Clore" <cl...@columbia-center.org> wrote in message

P.Comm

Feb 23, 2005, 6:41:21 PM2/23/05
-
"Venger-Satanis" <darri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I'm so glad that everyone is entitled to their opinion :)
>
> Well, it is obvious that some people understand Lovecraft differently
> than I. Is your interpretation better than mine? Do you have some
> hidden insight into cosmic horror, witch-haunted Arkham, black magic,
> alien Gods, and monstrous entities from unmentionable nightmares? I
> suppose all those things have nothing to do with dark forces, nothing
> to do with circumventing the natural laws of the universe, going beyond
> the world we percieve around us.

Those ideas make up the Cthulhu Mythos :) Or is that the Nyarlathotep
Mythos..... the soul and messengerof the OO. Supreme and primal,
UNdimensioned and unseen.

> Pardon me, but that is what Lovecraft is all about. (rationally,
> Lovecraft could not believe in what he was writing because the world
> was unfortunately dominated by people such as yourself when he was
> alive and well)

Nuh uh - he didn't believe in any of his own dreams - and he was a master
dreamer, that's for sure. I think he said that himself somewhere. HPL was
a strict materialist - there is no doubt about that. He surely did USE
things from some eastern stuff - that's a no-brainer for anyone from there
reading it - but he didn't know ABOUT those things or those religions at
all. He just used some of it, distorted some names, etc.

> that... Hail Satan! Ia Ia Cthulhu!

I have to say that Satan and Cthulhu don't go together, that's just my
opinion. But wait - HPL said it in his tale "The Call of Cthulhu." The
whole "feel" of the two things is very different, imo. He said that these
things were unrelated.

> besides Cthulhu One convention news which is up now, there will be a
> lot more information on the Cult of Cthulhu very soon. thanks.
> www.CultofCthulhu.net

vonj...@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2005, 12:37:43 AM2/24/05
Kevin Nelson wrote:
> This is great. Unfortunately it think some folks might be
interpreting
> various statements much too literally.

The man says he's a chaos magickian and a Satanist of a particular
breed. That means he believes he can do the things he's talking about.
Thus, I'm less inclined toward your claims of camp than I otherwise
might be.

> He's adopted
> the perfect persona for a Cthulhu convention I my opinion. He's sort
> of like a horror movie host. Would you rather watch scary movies
with
> an intro by a guy like Vincent Price or some bland guy in a suit?

If Vincent Price stated that particular members of the audience are
going to have a horrible lingering death, he wouldn't be hosting horror
movies for very long. The same principle applies.

> Can't you all just picture a Wizard Whately type ready to give the
evil
> eye? It's all very tongue-in-cheek. Aaron Vanek was correct in his
> hypothesis of "Venger" coming from a cartoon. It did! He told me.
If
> that does not say that he does not take himself too seriously I don't
> know what would.

I don't know the guy, so I can't say what his intention is. Still,
it's in incredibly bad taste to respond in such a hostile manner to
critics. If I were organizing, I'd laugh it off and invite them to see
for themselves.

If somebody starts waving around a gun, even if he's kidding, even if
you know there's no bullets in the gun, you still have to wonder what
crazy thing he's going to do next. I know I wouldn't stick around.

Still, if you want to give your money and contact information to a
thin-skinned person who threatens other people and then travel to a
gathering where he's starting his own cult, I won't try to talk you out
of it. Have fun. Send pictures.

Dan Harms

L.P. Hovercraft

Feb 24, 2005, 1:36:57 AM2/24/05
Venger-Satanis wrote:
> I'm so glad that everyone is entitled to their opinion :)
You aren't!

> Well, it is obvious that some people understand Lovecraft differently
> than I. Is your interpretation better than mine?

Probably.

> Do you have some
> hidden insight into cosmic horror, witch-haunted Arkham, black magic,
> alien Gods, and monstrous entities from unmentionable nightmares?

Well, I know they aren't real...

> suppose all those things have nothing to do with dark forces, nothing
> to do with circumventing the natural laws of the universe, going beyond
> the world we percieve around us.

Cthulhu et al have nothing to do with "circumventing natural laws." They
are a literary device to point out that thwe "natural laws" may not be
what we think they are.

> The influencing of reality is possible

only by actually doing things.

> Please don't pretend you are an expert in things you clearly don't
> understand.

Good advice. You should consider taking it.

> I practice magic just about every day

No, you don't. You practice self-delusion.

, in fact, I could
> easily destroy you or anyone else that I wished with black magic.

Oh please. Bring it on, byotch. I remember enough swamp voodoo (which is
a hell of a lot closer, no matter how degenerated, to the knowledge of
the Great Old Ones than your piddling Satan) to shrivel the flesh from
your living bones, if you care to believe it.

> Hail Satan! Ia Ia Cthulhu!

What kind of idiocy is this?
Satanism is a Christian (Catholic) heresy and has naught to do with
HPL's Cthulhu. By using the two in the same line, you embarrass yourself.