Cool Surge Portable Air Cooler

SanDiegoGuy

Jul 18, 2008, 2:56:21 PM7/18/08
There was a full-page ad for this in my local newspaper.

It is made in China and is supposed to use very little electricity
and blasts out ice-cooled air. Sells for around $228.

The unit looks like a tall heater and can be rolled room-to-room.

No windows, vents, or freon is required.

How anyone used this and if so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks.

Link: http://www.coolsurge.com/index.cfm?DropCode=CSWG8&gclid=CNnz_7SOypQCFQv7agodSFqjlA

HeyBub

Jul 18, 2008, 3:19:08 PM7/18/08

It actually makes your house warmer!

http://www.regruntled.com/2008/06/26/cool-surge-scam/

It blows air over blocks of ice which you've created in your fridge.
Assuming your freezer is in the same house - a closed system - you're
creating more heat than you're removing.

Google "cool+surge+scam" yields over three million hits.

Cheri

Jul 18, 2008, 3:24:50 PM7/18/08

HeyBub wrote in message ...

Good grief, it sounds like that ring you freeze and pop over a fan
after you've frozen it. I've often wondered how that works, since the
ice would melt quickly. LOL

Cheri

Stormin Mormon

Jul 18, 2008, 9:50:39 PM7/18/08
I've wondered about put a fridge in the wall, so the heat dumps out of the
building. Of course, it would not work properly in the winter.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" <hey...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

Edwin Pawlowski

Jul 18, 2008, 10:01:49 PM7/18/08

"SanDiegoGuy" <cowlesmou...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

The laws of physics still win. It uses ice blocks. You remove the heat
from the block in your freezer. The freezer takes that heat and puts it
back into the room. Then you put the blocks in the unit and they absorb
heat making you feel cool right in front of it. Meantime, the block get hot
so you put them back in the freezer and remove the heat putting it back into
the room again.

It is close to a perpetual motion machine, but it has to actually add heat
along the way from the mechanical devices moving the heat energy around.

Get a real AC that removes the heat from one place and puts it into the
outdoors, not in another room of the same house.

charlie

Jul 21, 2008, 10:33:26 AM7/21/08

"Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61**spamblock##@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I've wondered about put a fridge in the wall, so the heat dumps out of the
> building. Of course, it would not work properly in the winter.
>
> --
> Christopher A. Young
> Learn more about Jesus
> www.lds.org

flip it around and run it backwards.

george...@sympatico.ca

Aug 1, 2008, 4:02:08 PM8/1/08
On Jul 21, 10:33 am, "charlie" <charlie.spit...@nospam.stratus.com>
wrote:
> "Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61**spambloc...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > I've wondered about put a fridge in the wall, so the heat dumps out of the
> > building. Of course, it would not work properly in the winter.
>
> > --
> > Christopher A. Young
> > Learn more about Jesus
> >  www.lds.org
> .

> flip it around and run it backwards.

A device like a fridge placedin a wall (or window) so that the "heat
dumps outside" is called an air condioner!

Dave + Gloria

Aug 2, 2008, 4:43:47 AM8/2/08

<george...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Only if you leave the door open.Till then it is a fridge waiting to die.

Tex

Aug 18, 2018, 6:44:05 PM8/18/18
replying to Edwin Pawlowski, Tex wrote:
Yeah, but the fridge usually isn't in the room you are attempting to cool. I
freeze gel packs to put on my forehead when I have a headache. That the
fridge creates heat does not negate the cooling to my forehead.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/cool-surge-portable-air-cooler-319687-.htm