New photos up

Carl Beyer

May 28, 2001, 6:04:45 PM5/28/01
Fifth page of my website has photos of the new paintjob. RB7 is the
code. 2001 Patriot Blue is the name.

Carl

--
Please feel free to view my cars restoration story at

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com/DodgeCharger.html

Chris Herrington

May 28, 2001, 8:02:52 PM5/28/01
Looks Great Carl !!!! :)

Happy Moparing (now you can ;-)

Chris

Jonnie Santos

May 28, 2001, 8:33:05 PM5/28/01
Great pics and an interesting read (re: your site). Would you know if your
paint experience is common everywhere, or just out here in Southern
California?

"Carl Beyer" <cha...@NOSPAMMMMcobaltbluefilms.com> wrote in message

Barry A. Lee

May 28, 2001, 9:32:02 PM5/28/01
to Carl Beyer
Looks real nice Carl! I like those mags, Aluminum and five spoke, I'm
considering unloading my heavy Cragers now there is Aluminum five spoke
available (God how I love five spoke mags) what type, size and about how
much are they!
Barry a. Lee

Bill

May 28, 2001, 10:11:11 PM5/28/01
Hi Carl,

That's a beautiful color for that car. I've been considering a similar
Navy Blue for one of my Chargers, along with a gold vinyl top (black vinyl
top if I can't get gold).
Bill W.

BigDog

May 29, 2001, 2:21:27 AM5/29/01
What a horror story, 3 months for collision repair. Insured collision
repair at that. The color looks good though. Almost looks black.
What are the tire and rim sizes?
BP

Salami

May 29, 2001, 3:26:40 AM5/29/01
Great looking Charger.... And the blue color looks very sweet. I am about
to take my car in for body and paint work as well. The body shop is doing
the work for free as part of a deal I am making with them to boldly
demonstrate their name when I take the car to local shows. My concern is
that my poor Scamp will be on the back burner while they get paying
customers work done. I am planning on being patient to a point.... If I
miss the whole season, then so will they in a sense.

Enjoyed your story too...

Tim Cerami
71 Scamp / 74 Scamp

Carl Beyer

May 29, 2001, 11:44:55 AM5/29/01
In article <3B133FE7...@netcom.ca>, BigDog <bpa...@netcom.ca>
wrote:

15X6 in front, 15X8 in rear I would have to look but I think it is a
255 in the rear and 205 in the front....

I will look to make sure

Carl Beyer

May 29, 2001, 11:50:23 AM5/29/01
In article <3B12FC12...@sentex.net>, "Barry A. Lee"
<68gt...@sentex.net> wrote:

> Looks real nice Carl! I like those mags, Aluminum and five spoke, I'm
> considering unloading my heavy Cragers now there is Aluminum five spoke
> available (God how I love five spoke mags) what type, size and about how
> much are they!
> Barry a. Lee

Thanks barry

American Racing Torq Thrust II 15X6 in front, 15X8 rear i believe. I
think it was like $115 or so apeice.

IMO, I am somewhat displeased with American Racing. The design on these
wheels has a fault and it is in the hubcap. I bought the first ones off
the press, and maybe they have chnaged the design. But you can't get a
lug wrench in without removing the cap (well, you can but it is tricky
ie don't let your tire shop try it). So you gotta whip out the hex key
and remove. It sucks. I have had to send all 4 back to the shop
because they stripped out the threads. Soft aluminum and no sleave.
And if the mechanic does not put it back on right (like last week) I
ended up pulling a "RAISING ARIZONA" down San Fernando BLvd. hubcap
falls off, I do a 180 at speed because I don't want the cap crushed, and
then I am in front of traffic, so I open the door and lean out and grab
the cap off the road.

Take a look at the new ones before buying.

Carl Beyer

May 29, 2001, 11:51:57 AM5/29/01
In article <9euqsv$1ar1u$1...@ID-57883.news.dfncis.de>, "Jonnie Santos"
<jonnie...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Great pics and an interesting read (re: your site). Would you know if
> your
> paint experience is common everywhere, or just out here in Southern
> California?

Ask the guys here. I think in smaller towns, less of an issue. But
hear in LA, it's all I hear about with a classic car. My buddy has been
waiting a year for his paint job, another took 6 months. These are
close friends, but when Itell my sob story, most people think that 4
months is acceptible.

Barry A. Lee

May 29, 2001, 5:53:04 PM5/29/01
to Carl Beyer
Thanks it would be next spring before I buy any ways unless my lottery numbers
come up! then Eh Ha!
Barry A. Lee

Sproule

May 29, 2001, 6:54:35 PM5/29/01

That is really sharp, bet she looks really nice at night. Glad your happy with
it, I like to hear body shop stories with good ending.
AL

BigDog

May 30, 2001, 10:52:40 AM5/30/01
That's why out here in the boonies, we call them "citiots" (city + idiot)
BP