SOGGY BOTTOM BOYS, "I AM A MAN OF CONSTANT SORROW" PLEASE

BRISBIN33

Sep 17, 2001, 5:21:23 PM9/17/01
I JUST GOT DONE WATCHING 'O BROTHER, WHERE ART THOUGH?' WHAT A GREAT
MOVIE AND I LOVE THAT SONG, ANYBODY GOT THE TABS FOR THAT SONG BY THE
SOGGY BOTTOM BOYS, 'I AM A MAN OF CONSTANT SORROW' PLEASE PLEASE
PLEASE!
THANKS A BUNCH
LATA
PAT

Fabz

Sep 17, 2001, 6:00:20 PM9/17/01

http://www.e-tabs.org/tab/soggy_bottom_boys

Fabz

HOURLY updated guitar tab archive
Right Now: 21,653 tabs & 159 free lessons
http://www.e-tabs.org

Frehley6986

Sep 17, 2001, 8:13:39 PM9/17/01
If you'd like the scanned tab you can email me.
You're email address does not appear valid and you
don't want my response if the mail gets returned...

"BRISBIN33" <im...@home.com> wrote in message

Audi McAvoy

Sep 18, 2001, 1:06:02 AM9/18/01
Is that site (http://www.e-tabs.org/tab/soggy_bottom_boys) junk? It crashes
Netscape 4.whatever, and Internet Exploder 5.whatever doesn't actually show
any tabs!

- Audi

Fabz

Sep 18, 2001, 1:40:11 AM9/18/01

Netscape 4 is a crap if it crashes when viewing a website.
This site work fine with IE5 and any other browser.

Fabz

HOURLY updated guitar tab archive

Right Now: 21,660 tabs & 159 free lessons
http://www.e-tabs.org

Robot Karate Man

Sep 18, 2001, 2:54:20 AM9/18/01
I'm required by law to mention that the following came from Audi McAvoy:

First of all, ditch Netscape, at least until they're willing to support the
HTML standards.

Second of all, you're right. The page loads fine in IE, but doesn't show
any tabs. But that's nothing to do with the browser. It's because this page
runs on some kind of shitty shopping cart system. Who wants to pay for
tabbed files that, in all likelihood, were done by and posted by the fine
folks who post here?

Unfortunately, I can't help, as I don't have the TAB for that song. I do,
however, have a chord set that I found:

This file is the work of Stephen Cavaseno and no one else.

I am a Man of Constant Sorrow The Soggy Bottom Boys

(intro)
F Bb C F
C F
In constant sorro-ow, all thru his days.

F Bb
I-I ...
C F
I've seen trouble, a...
F Bb
I-I ....
C F
The place where I-I, was born ...
C F
The place where he-e, was born ...

Inst. F Bb C F

Repeats same chord progression throughout song.
Each stanza is followed by an instrumental.

I am a Man of Constant Sorrow
As done by Soggy Bottom Boys

||: D | G | A7 :||
Originally done in F (E capo 1)

A7 --In constant sorrow all through his days.
I am the man of constant sorrow, I've seen trouble all my days.
I bid farewell to old Kentucky the place where I was born and raised.
--the place where he was born and raised.

For six long years I've been in trouble, no pleasure here on earth I've
found.
Fo-o-or in this world I'm bound to ramble I have no friends to help me now.
--he has no friends to help him now.

It's fare thee well my all new lover I never expect to see you again.
For I'm bound to ride that northern railroad, perhaps I'll die upon that
train.
--perhaps he'll die upon this train.

You can bury me in sunny valley for many years where I may lay.
A-a-nd you may lear-rrn to love another while I am sleepin in my grave.
--while he is sleepin in his grave.

Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger, my face you never see no
more.
But there is one promise that is given I'll meet you on God's golden shore.
--he'll meet you on God's golden shore.

"Figgered out" by Kiltworm. www.mp3.com/kiltworm
leb...@hotmail.com

~Steve-o
--
"Be good, and you will be lonesome." - Mark Twain
=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

Richard Hefner

Sep 18, 2001, 10:54:44 PM9/18/01
In article <4p4dqt4sq6d02bgso...@4ax.com>, im...@home.com
says...
Pat,

I've got three of the songs (guitar tabs) on my site: "Man of Constant
Sorrow," "Big Rock Candy Mountain," and "Hard Time Killing Floor."

Here's the link:

http://www.ezfolk.com/special/obrother/

Christopher Niegisch

Sep 19, 2001, 4:13:17 AM9/19/01
Hi everybody,

I think, that the original key is F# - but you can play it in the key of E
with a capo on the 2nd fret or in any other key fitting to the voice singing
this great song.

Here´s waht I´ve got:

Man of constant Sorrow – Capo II

Richard Hefner

Intro: A D E7 A (played after every verse)

A E7 A
Constant sorrows through his days
A D
I am a man of constant sorrow,

E7 A

I’ve seen trouble all my days.

A D

I bid farewell to old Kentucky

E7 A
The place where I was born and raised

E7 A
The place where he was born and raised

A D

For six long years I've been in trouble

E7 A
No pleasure here on earth I've found

A D
For in this world I'm bound to ramble

E7 A

I have no friends to help me now

E7 A
He has no friends to help him now

A D
It's fare thee well my own true lover

E7 A

I never expect to see you again

A D

For I'm bound to ride that northern railroad

E7 A
Perhaps I'll die upon this train

E7 A
Perhaps he'll die upon this train

A D
You can bury me in some deep valley

E7 A
For many years where I may lay

A D
Then you may learn to love another

E7 A
While I am sleeping in my grave

E7 A
While he is sleeping in his grave

A D

Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger

E7 A
My face you'll never see no more

A D

But there is one promise that is given

E7 A

I'll meet you on God's golden shore

E7 A
he 'll meet you on God's golden shore

Cheers

Chris

--
mailto:Christophe...@Niegisch.de
For more songs look at:

Darrin

Sep 19, 2001, 7:25:35 AM9/19/01

Its the dobro that makes the tune

Fabz

Sep 21, 2001, 4:20:32 PM9/21/01
"Robot Karate Man" <HeyS...@steveo.cjb.net> wrote:
> I'm required by law to mention that the following came from Audi McAvoy:
>
> > Is that site (http://www.e-tabs.org/tab/soggy_bottom_boys) junk?
>
> First of all, ditch Netscape, at least until they're willing to support the
> HTML standards.
>
> Second of all, you're right. The page loads fine in IE, but doesn't show
> any tabs. But that's nothing to do with the browser. It's because this page
> runs on some kind of shitty shopping cart system. Who wants to pay for
> tabbed files that, in all likelihood, were done by and posted by the fine
> folks who post here?

I think you have not understand our cart system:
You can show the tab on the site, and you can also add them to a shopping cart,
and then download FREELY your selection in one zip file.
According to our visitors, it's a very useful feature.
You might have serious troubles if you can't see the tabs in our archive,
but you can send us money, it'll be a great idea.
Feel sorry for you, next time you'd better try to understand before talking.

Fabz

HOURLY updated guitar tab archive

Right Now: 21,747 tabs & 159 free lessons
http://www.e-tabs.org

Ben Decho

Sep 23, 2001, 4:02:53 PM9/23/01
>First of all, ditch Netscape, at least until they're willing to support the
>HTML standards.

Netscape won't support standards??? Microsoft makes their own rules then gives
away their browser in order to run legitimate businesses under.

IE makes up HTML codes that are supported by their web page creation tools.

Maybe you may be surprised but there are plenty of good browsers out there
besides IE and Netscape. NQL, Konqueror, Amaya, KDE, and Galeon to name a few.

It's lazy web page designers that don't create pages that are 100% compatible
with all browsers.

I design web pages, and one thing I assure my customers is that my pages will
work in IE, Netscape, Opera, AOL, Mozilla, and any others they receive a
complaint about.

I refuse to let Microsoft have control over everything I do with a computer.

Maybe you'll find this interesting reading:

Following weeks of outraged criticism, Microsoft Corp. Thursday backed away from
plans to include the Smart Tags feature in Windows XP's Internet Explorer 6.

The Smart Tags feature would allow IE 6 to turn any word on a Web site into a
link at Microsoft's discretion. That link, without the Web site author's
knowledge or consent, could lead to a Microsoft site or, conceivably, the site
of a Microsoft partner or even an advertiser.

Critics said the feature gives Microsoft too much leverage over how users
interact with Web pages.

ExaltedOne

Sep 23, 2001, 8:24:47 PM9/23/01
Whatever, Mr. Cool Guy Web Page Designer. I have an "idiot" account at
Geocities, and Internet Explorer and Netscape both support it. Can I be
classified as a web page designer, too? Will that make me look ultra cool?

-Bad Ass Exalted One, www.geocities.com/exalted_one_ph ...

"Ben Decho" <bend...@tijuana.mex> wrote in message
: >First of all, ditch Netscape, at least until they're willing to support

:

Darren Teale

Sep 24, 2001, 12:00:02 AM9/24/01

Thanks for posing that.

Ben Decho

Sep 24, 2001, 10:33:34 PM9/24/01
On Sun, 23 Sep 2001 19:24:47 -0500, "ExaltedOne"
<nooneofco...@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Whatever, Mr. Cool Guy Web Page Designer. I have an "idiot" account at
>Geocities, and Internet Explorer and Netscape both support it. Can I be
>classified as a web page designer, too? Will that make me look ultra cool?

NO

That is not web designing. It's "fill in the blanks".

Ben Decho

Sep 24, 2001, 10:39:14 PM9/24/01
On Mon, 24 Sep 2001 04:00:02 GMT, Darren Teale <dte...@shaw.ca> wrote:

>Thanks for posing that.

You're welcome!

And to keep this in a "musical theme"; this could be Microsoft's new anthem:
(from 2112 - Rush)

In my version of this rock opera, "The Priests" are played by Microsoft
Executives:

I. Overture

And the meek shall inherit the earth.

II. Temples of Syrinx

... "The massive grey walls of the Temples rise from the heart of every
Federation city. I have always been awed by them, to think that every single
facet of every life is regulated and directed from within! Our books, our music,
our work and play are all looked after by the benevolent wisdom of the
priests..."

We've taken care of everything
The words you hear the songs you sing
The pictures that give pleasure to you eyes.

It's one for all and all for one
We work together common sons
Never need to wonder how or why.

We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx
Our great computers fill the hallowed halls.
We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx
All the gifts of life are held within our walls.

Look around this world we made
Equality our stock in trade
Come and join the Brotherhood of Man

Oh what a nice contented world