REQ: Ice Cream Man /J. Richman

Richard Joos

May 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/25/96

has anybody not just the chords but also the solo stuff of "Ice Cream
Man", by Jonathan Richman. I dont know if its originally his Song, but
its NOT this Van Halen Stuff.
I just heard the Live version wich repeats the last verse quite often,
wich goes most of the time A F#m D E, and sometimes D Dm, i dont know
anything about a Studio version.
Email: richar...@student.uni-tuebingen.de
Thanks!

Joe Hartley

May 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/26/96

In article <Pine.HPP.3.91.96052...@hp24.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de>,

Richard Joos <zxm...@hp24.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
>Hi,
> has anybody not just the chords but also the solo stuff of "Ice Cream
>Man", by Jonathan Richman. I dont know if its originally his Song, but
>its NOT this Van Halen Stuff.

It's Jonathan Richman; I mean, how hard can it be :) One of his
best attributes is the simplicity of his music. I'd take a shot at
tabbing the solo, but I've only got the vinyl, and the turntable's
buried under CDs at the moment!

>I just heard the Live version wich repeats the last verse quite often,
>wich goes most of the time A F#m D E, and sometimes D Dm, i dont know
>anything about a Studio version.

The original is on "Rock and Roll With the Modern Lovers," released
in 1977 on Berzerkley records. Yes, it was written by Jojo. This,
BTW, is my favorite JR/ML record!
Joe Hartley - j...@brainiac.com - brainiac services, inc
PO Box 5069 : Greene, RI : 02827 - vox 401.539.9050 : fax 401.539.2070
Without deviation from the norm, "progress" is not possible. - Frank Zappa