fulltone "69" schematic

PSYCHOv12

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99
i am building a fulltone 69 pedal from a schematic. if anyone is familier with
this i could use some help. i get sound, and volume control, but no
distortion, and the other two controls do not work either. i think i may have
them connected wrong. if anyone has the parts layout or can tell me what the
three lugs on the pots go to, i would apreciate it.

psyc...@aol.com

Fulltone

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99
>i am building a fulltone 69 pedal from a schematic. if anyone is familier
>with
>this i could use some help. i get sound, and volume control, but no
>distortion, and the other two controls do not work either

(MUCH LAUGHTER)
Michael Fuller / Fulltone Musical Products Inc. / http://www.fulltone.com

Brian Mulvey

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99

> (MUCH LAUGHTER)
> Michael Fuller / Fulltone Musical Products Inc. / http://www.fulltone.com

Don't be so snide, when he gets it working you'll realize how much $$ you're
down.

DEidelberg

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99
Hey Mike.... send me a schematic for a Soul Bender.... LOL

Fulltone

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99
>Don't be so snide, when he gets it working you'll realize how much $$ you're
>down.

(even more laughter)

DEidelberg

Dec 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/17/99
See Mike, now you won't be able to afford the Fulltone Lear Jet. Give a guy a
schematic and a bunch of radio shack parts and he'll make something. Give him
a schmatic, skills and the proper components determined to be within designated
tolerance ranges and....

Fulltone

Dec 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/18/99
>See Mike, now you won't be able to afford the Fulltone Lear Jet>>

That <one> pedal would have put me into the seat of the Lear I've been looking
at (I'm pissed)....now I'm just gonna have to settle for the Tahoe Z 71.

epgu...@cajunnet.com

Dec 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/18/99
On 17 Dec 1999 06:50:51 GMT, full...@aol.com (Fulltone) wrote:

>>i am building a fulltone 69 pedal from a schematic. if anyone is familier
>>with
>>this i could use some help. i get sound, and volume control, but no
>>distortion, and the other two controls do not work either
>
>(MUCH LAUGHTER)

>Michael Fuller / Fulltone Musical Products Inc. / http://www.fulltone.com

Aw, c'mon Mike, you never had no glitches when you tried making your
first fuzz face?

Brian Mulvey

Dec 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/18/99

cocks.

Fulltone

Dec 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/18/99

>Aw, c'mon Mike, you never had no glitches when you tried making your
>first fuzz face?

Yes, because I didn't have the right transistors and spent thousands$ buying
every substitute imaginable until I gave up and had 'em custom made.
The truth is even when he gets if working it'll sound like shit unless he has
the right transistors. Hint...<not> NTE103A, NTE58, 527, SFT363, SFT337, AC128.
If you can find white based Toshiba 2SB415, those are actually pretty good, but
buy 10 or more to get 2 good ones.

catali...@my-deja.com

Dec 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/18/99
Did you forget the epoxy? Damn, I will never be able to get mine right
because of this.
My girlfriend is sensitized to the stuff and breaks out in hives if she
even smells it! Guess I will have to go to my local Fulltone dealer...

catalinbread

In article <19991218120213...@ng-cr1.aol.com>,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

DEidelberg

Dec 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/18/99
>>The truth is even when he gets if working it'll sound like shit unless he has
the right transistors. Hint...<not> NTE103A, NTE58, 527, SFT363, SFT337, AC128.
If you can find white based Toshiba 2SB415, those are actually pretty good, but
buy 10 or more to get 2 good ones.<<

Nice of you to help the guy, Mike. But in all seriousness, it may not sound
like "shit", it may just sound different. One man's shit is another man's
shinola!

PSYCHOv12

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
actually, my schematic calls for none of those transistors you mentioned. by
the way, i have already built some commercial pedals and the sound better that
the originals. so don't think you are the only one who can do it,mr. fulltone
man. by the way, your web sight was of no help, but thank you for the
suggestions.

psychov12

Fulltone

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
>by the way, your web sight was of no help, but thank you for the
>suggestions.

My web site is not here to help you build pedals little boy....it's here to
sell pedals, which it does very well thanks.

Fulltone

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
>Did you forget the epoxy? Damn, I will never be able to get mine right
>because of this.
>My girlfriend is sensitized to the stuff and breaks out in hives if she
>even smells it!

Funny, she seemed ok with the Pearl necklace I gave her.

Brian Mulvey

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
I think any and all albums released by me or involving me from now on will
have a song dissing Fulltone Musical Products, Inc.

Carlginger

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
>Subject: Re: fulltone "69" schematic
>From: "Brian Mulvey" bdmu...@earthlink.net
>Date: Sun, 19 December 1999 07:07 AM EST

>I think any and all albums released by me or involving me from now on will
>have a song dissing Fulltone Musical Products, Inc.

You ought to try using some and improve your tone.....if not, I would retain a
lawyer
for when you get sued.

catali...@my-deja.com

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
Cute one Mike! I have to say if you don't know the difference between
epoxy and pearls there are other issues here...

On that note. What a way to run a business. You are being a jerk. Anyone
asking about cloning your pedals are most likely not gonna buy one
anyway. Maybe if they give up DIY projects they will.So lighten up! Some
of us are potential customers you are turning away!

catalinbread

In article <19991219020516...@ng-da1.aol.com>,

epgu...@cajunnet.com

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
On 19 Dec 1999 07:05:16 GMT, full...@aol.com (Fulltone) wrote:

>>Did you forget the epoxy? Damn, I will never be able to get mine right
>>because of this.
>>My girlfriend is sensitized to the stuff and breaks out in hives if she
>>even smells it!
>
>Funny, she seemed ok with the Pearl necklace I gave her.
>Michael Fuller / Fulltone Musical Products Inc. / http://www.fulltone.com

Man, that's harsh. Really uncalled for. I don't see why Mike should be
so upset if a couple of dudes are trying to build their own version of
his pedals, which are just tweaked copies of other pedals. Maybe these
guys will catch on and come up with their own tweaks, I dunno. I don't
think these cats are going to start their own businesses, they're just
experimenting and building pedals for their own use. I just don't see
why Mike has to feel so threatened.

jimmyd

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
On 19 Dec 1999 07:05:16 GMT, full...@aol.com (Fulltone) wrote:

The winner and still champion by TKO!

bobby d

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
you can think what you want, but it's kind of rude to ask an effects maker for
their schematic....why don't you go down to a fine gourmet restaurant and ask
the chef for the recipe to your favorite dish "so you can make it at home"?
why should he give it to you? he probably spent years perfecting it.
and....you probably CAN'T make it as good as he can.
everyone always wants to get the schmatics to these boutique pedals, but they
won't do you much good without the correct parts and good electronics
skills......now, there are plenty of "public domain" schematics out there for
you to build stuff with and experiment. but it's in really poor taste to try
and get the schematics to a fulltone/zvex/lovetone pedal. those guys AINT
gonna give you the recipe. and that's just the way it is. you can yank their
chains all you want. just don't get offended when they get pissed off.
bobby devito
a guitarist who BUYS the pedals.
bobby devito-guitarist
the official bobby devito website
http://bobbydevito.bluesguitar.com
bobby...@bluesguitar.com

jimmyd

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
On 19 Dec 1999 18:22:41 GMT, bobb...@aol.comfuckofff (bobby d) wrote:

>you can think what you want, but it's kind of rude to ask an effects maker for
>their schematic....

Actually the original poster was just asking for some technical help
of a general nature concerning a schematic that supposedly duplicated
the Fulltone 69 layout. It is kind of a compliment to Mike Fullers
original design work that a small group of technically inclined
hobbyists types are interested in attempting to duplicate this
particular pedals merit, but if I were Mike myself, I wouldn't
necessarily care to see my patented handiwork in the public domain for
the taking.

>everyone always wants to get the schmatics to these boutique pedals, but they
>won't do you much good without the correct parts and good electronics

not necessarily true, as mentioned in a prior response, sometimes
getting close reveals its own brand on magic.

Personally I buy Mike's stuff (Octafuzz, DejaVibe2, FullDrive2 and
soon to have a SupaTrem) as do legions of other tone devotees. I also
believe that the people that do one-offs of pedals for their own use
have their place. Its gonna happen because this shit is respected and
well engineered.

regards,
jim

Richard

Dec 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/19/99
According to my newsreader, bobb...@aol.comfuckofff posted...

> you can think what you want, but it's kind of rude to ask an effects maker for
> their schematic....why don't you go down to a fine gourmet restaurant and ask
> the chef for the recipe to your favorite dish "so you can make it at home"?
> why should he give it to you? he probably spent years perfecting it.
> and....you probably CAN'T make it as good as he can.

Actually, chefs at "fine gourmet" restaurants are quite accustomed to
getting requests for recipes. Expect to pay for it, is all--sometimes
a few hundred dollars if the recipe and or chef is famous. (You have
to be eating in a *truly* fine restaurant. Not a restaurant that only
pretends to be a truly fine restaurant. There's a difference.)

Any effects or amp circuit can be reverse-engineered by someone who
(has access to someone who) really knows what they're doing and is
patient enough. Many people making effects today acknowledge that
they (had someone knowledgable who) spent lots of time going over
vintage effects to figure them out. Even more than acknowledge this--
some of them out and out use it to brag about why their circuit
designs are so good.

Neither of these statements, however, implies that I believe any given
effects manufactuerer is under any obligation to cough up details
about how to build their effects to anybody who asks.

--
Disclaimer: These are simply some of my personal opinions.
UPDATED 12/15/1999 http://home.earthlink.net/~huddler

AnalogMike

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99

>On that note. What a way to run a business. You are being a jerk. Anyone
>asking about cloning your pedals are most likely not gonna buy one
>anyway. Maybe if they give up DIY projects they will.So lighten up! Some
>of us are potential customers you are turning away!

Don't you guys have any sense of humor?
Do we have to use a :-) when we make a joke?

p.s. do you have any naked pictures of your girlfriend? No? Want to buy some?

Regards, mike ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~

Mike "at" analogman dot com http://www.analogman.com

PSYCHOv12

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99
for one thing i didnt ask the manufacturer for details. i asked for some help
with the layout of the schematic. i build effects for the pleasure of doing
it. i dont sell them or build them for others. i did not ask for Mr.
fulltone's (as i call him) criticisms. the last comment from him i recieved by
email. i told him that i had the pedal working and he stated that I do not know
what sounds good. i do not know what sounds good to me? come on, mr. fulltone.
i have not been rude to you, or tried to harm your buisness. im sure my copy
sounds very different from your original. as i have never seen one in a store,
i have no idea what they sound like, but i know what mine sounds like. someone
mentioned that your rudeness could push away customers. they are right. i
would now rather get my fuzz from a blown speaker than from one of your
products. i suggest in the future that when someone asks for advice you give
it to them, or keep your critiques to yourself. i would like to thank all
those in the newsgroup for posting your comments. without discusion, how can
our minds be open?

psychov12

please, no flames. all other comments welcome in email psyc...@aol.com

fuzz...@my-deja.com

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99
In article <19991219213132...@ng-cc1.aol.com>,

psyc...@aol.com (PSYCHOv12) wrote:
> for one thing i didnt ask the manufacturer for details. i asked for
some help
> with the layout of the schematic. i build effects for the pleasure of
doing
> it.

You should go to www.ampage.org and access the BBS. There are plenty of
technical people there who can supply you with all the help you need on
effects building, including fuzzface clones like the 69.

I'm disappointed with Fuller's attitude. He obviously doesn't care what
potential customers think, so be sure to remember that the next time you
are in the market for an effects unit. Considering that all of his
products are ripoffs of commercial boxes (with a few tweaks) he doesn't
have any room for attitude. There are plenty of other boutique effects
designers who are making clones of the fuzzface or TS-808, with tweaks
and quality workmanship to match his.

FM5

catali...@my-deja.com

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99
Nope no naked pictures of her, though I wish I had some she's outta
town. ;)

catalinbread

In article <19991219204048...@ng-fy1.aol.com>,

Michael Fuller

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99

PSYCHOv12 wrote:

> << as i have never seen one in a store,
> i have no idea what they sound like, but i know what mine sounds like. someone
> mentioned that your rudeness could push away customers. they are right. i
> would now rather get my fuzz from a blown speaker than from one of your
> products. >>

Suprise, a guy asking for help on cloning one of my pedals threatens to not buy
anything from me in the future....there're some sales I was counting on.

Michael Fuller

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99
Catalinbread said:
<<lighten up>>

Now how could I lighten up any further than the ridiculous comeback I made
to you regarding your girlfriend....see that was a joke, (ha ha?)

catali...@my-deja.com wrote:

> Cute one Mike! I have to say if you don't know the difference between
> epoxy and pearls there are other issues here...
>

> On that note. What a way to run a business. You are being a jerk. Anyone
> asking about cloning your pedals are most likely not gonna buy one
> anyway. Maybe if they give up DIY projects they will.So lighten up! Some
> of us are potential customers you are turning away!
>

> catalinbread
>
> In article <19991219020516...@ng-da1.aol.com>,

> full...@aol.com (Fulltone) wrote:
> > >Did you forget the epoxy? Damn, I will never be able to get mine
> right
> > >because of this.

> > >My girlfriend is sensitized to the stuff and breaks out in hives if
> she
> > >even smells it!
> >
> > Funny, she seemed ok with the Pearl necklace I gave her.
> > Michael Fuller / Fulltone Musical Products Inc. /
> http://www.fulltone.com

Steve Higdon

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99
You know, this is really fucking silly.

The only thing Mike Fuller said in reply to the initial posts, was to laugh, if
I'm not mistaken. I took that to indicate that Mike had searched long and hard
to find the exact balance is selecting his components, and that it would be a
monumental task for a hobbiest to achieve similar results.

I don't blame him for not rushing to help the guy. Mike puts hours of work,
and thousands of dollars into his product. It's made of components that can by
bought by anyone, given the time and know-how to figure out what they are, and
the money to pay for them.

The act of designing (or adapting) the circuit, selecting the materials, and
building the device IS the product... not the individual components. So why
would he just give that away?

On the other hand, I fully support the right of the original poster to
experiment and build to his hearts content. Just don't expect help from the
manufacturer. Don't begrudge Mike for not helping. Don't begrudge what Mike
earns for his hard work. After all, the people who pay Mike for his products,
do so of their own free choice.

Just relax on this one, people...

bsbd
Steve Higdon

ddixon

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99
PSYCHOv12 <psyc...@aol.com> wrote

mr. fulltone
> man. by the way, your web sight was of no help

Yeah Mike,

Why doesn't your web page have all of your schematics, parts lists, and
names of your suppliers? You really should be more fair to those of us that
want to rip you off.

That concludes today's example of sarcasm.

Carlginger

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99
>From: fuzz...@my-deja.com

>I'm disappointed with Fuller's attitude. He obviously doesn't care what
>potential customers think, so be sure to remember that the next time you
>are in the market for an effects unit.

I guess he should just hand over his scematics to all who ask, right?
You need a fuzz box stuck up your ass with that attitude

Rich

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99
Well said!

IMO, Mike Fuller shouldn't give that away, but shouldn't react with
hostility to a hobbyist experimenting with circuits. Friendliness (i.e.
customer service and public relations) is a part of business, too.

Rich

Jeremy

Dec 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/20/99
UMMMM..... Actually, He did tell you which transistors to steer away from. Isn't
that advice??? I'd be happy with just that!!!

PSYCHOv12 wrote:

> for one thing i didnt ask the manufacturer for details. i asked for some help
> with the layout of the schematic. i build effects for the pleasure of doing

> it. i dont sell them or build them for others. i did not ask for Mr.
> fulltone's (as i call him) criticisms. the last comment from him i recieved by
> email. i told him that i had the pedal working and he stated that I do not know
> what sounds good. i do not know what sounds good to me? come on, mr. fulltone.
> i have not been rude to you, or tried to harm your buisness. im sure my copy

> sounds very different from your original. as i have never seen one in a store,

> i have no idea what they sound like, but i know what mine sounds like. someone
> mentioned that your rudeness could push away customers. they are right. i
> would now rather get my fuzz from a blown speaker than from one of your

AnalogMike

Dec 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/21/99
>Nope no naked pictures of her, though I wish I had some she's outta
>town. ;)

Go to my web site and check out the
Christmas special (jingle bells) then!
(turn on your speakers, too!)

ALAN THOMPSON

Dec 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/21/99
"That's not jewelry she's talkin' 'bout........" ("Pearl Necklace", ZZ
Top)

Let's just say that "Pearl Necklace" is slang for a "biological fluid
adornment". In case you didn't get Mike's true meaning.

A.T.

<catali...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

Fulltone

Dec 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/21/99
>UMMMM..... Actually, He did tell you which transistors to steer away from.
>Isn't
>that advice??? I'd be happy with just that!!!

That pc of advice cost me thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours because
you just have to experiement until you find ones that work.....WELL.

jswells

Dec 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/21/99
heh.... if one has to ask what a "pearl necklace" is, they'll never know.

--
Jason

"Remember.... if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least
find you handy."
{Steve Smith a.k.a. Red Green}

"I'm the one who's got to die when it's time for me to die. So let me
live my life the way I want to."
{Jimi Hendrix - "If Six was Nine"}

"I'm innovative. I'm ahead of my time. Unfortunately it's only about an
hour and a half ahead."
{George Carlin>

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, ALAN THOMPSON wrote:

> "That's not jewelry she's talkin' 'bout........" ("Pearl Necklace", ZZ
> Top)
>
> Let's just say that "Pearl Necklace" is slang for a "biological fluid
> adornment". In case you didn't get Mike's true meaning.
>
> A.T.
>

> <catali...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > Cute one Mike! I have to say if you don't know the difference between
> > epoxy and pearls there are other issues here...
> >
> > On that note. What a way to run a business. You are being a jerk. Anyone
> > asking about cloning your pedals are most likely not gonna buy one
> > anyway. Maybe if they give up DIY projects they will.So lighten up! Some
> > of us are potential customers you are turning away!
> >
> > catalinbread

> > right
> > she
> > >
> > > Funny, she seemed ok with the Pearl necklace I gave her.

> > > Michael Fuller / Fulltone Musical Products Inc. /
> > http://www.fulltone.com

Jeremy

Dec 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/21/99
HOW ABOUT THE NTE158???

Fulltone wrote:

> >Aw, c'mon Mike, you never had no glitches when you tried making your
> >first fuzz face?
> >

> Yes, because I didn't have the right transistors and spent thousands$ buying
> every substitute imaginable until I gave up and had 'em custom made.
> The truth is even when he gets if working it'll sound like shit unless he has
> the right transistors. Hint...<not> NTE103A, NTE58, 527, SFT363, SFT337, AC128.
> If you can find white based Toshiba 2SB415, those are actually pretty good, but
> buy 10 or more to get 2 good ones.

PSYCHOv12

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
mr. fulltone wrote:
"Suprise, a guy asking for help on cloning one of my pedals threatens to not
buy
anything from me in the future....there're some sales I was counting on."

number one, i did not ask you specificly for help. i asked anyone who
POSIBIBLY COULD help. as for cloning, having used different transistors than
yours, its not an exact copy, therefore not a clone. also, i did not threaten
not to buy one. a threat could or could not come true. what i said was a
promise. and its not because you would not give me specifics WHICH I DID NOT
ASK FROM YOU, but because you were generally rude. i wouldnt buy anything from
anyone in a retail buisness that was rude to me. what it all comes back to is
this, if you dont want to answer my question, dont reply at all. if you must be
rude to comment to me, then keep it to yourself. not once was i that way to
you. did i not say thank you when you reffered me to your sight? i was not
being sarcasstic. when you first posted your web adress i assumed it was for
me to refference the info i was seeking since you did not say otherwise.
finding it was not, i said thank you anyway. by the way, for the posting
commenting that mr. fulltone put hours into his work, that is probobly true. he
is probobly more knowledgable than me in electronics. i am a HOBBIEST. this
is something i do for enjoyment. i spent a few hours myself trying to work it
out. having exhausted what little i did know, i asked for help. i suggest
everyone who ever needs advice or help to ask, how else will anyone ever learn
anything?

psyc...@aol.com

epgu...@cajunnet.com

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
The whole deal was that Fuller belittled this guy for asking for help
on this respective newsgroup, a newsgroup dedicated for consumers,
builders, and users of guitar effects, if I'm not mistaken.

If Mike does not feel motivated to help out this person, which he is
in no way obligated to, he can certainly keep his snide comments to
himself. In fact it seems that Fuller may have succeeded in
discouraging potential helpers, who may end up on the receiving end of
insults themselves.

I've seen a thread around in one of the other guitar newsgroups
detailing an e-mail dialogue between Fuller and someone else, with the
implication that Fuller was somewhat less than polite. Knowing the
potential for customers to be quite rude and turn it around on a
businessperson, I paid it little mind, but this thread brings it back
to mind right now.

I find a bit of hypocrisy and chutzpah in the fact that someone can be
so protective of a design that is in itself a slightly modified
version of another commercial effect. In fact, that is how Fuller
makes his living. I understand he uses carefully matched components,
and his effects are top-notch. I use a fulldrive II and I enjoy it.
That is why I pay the premium price for his gear. That is also why I
don't understand why he has to belittle this guy, who poses absolutely
no threat to Fuller's work or livelihood.

Maybe I'm reading into this too much, and I apologize to Mr. Fuller if
I am, but it looks like he's looking down his nose at a "mere
hobbyist" for having the gall to try to reproduce one of "his"
designs.

On 20 Dec 1999 18:00:47 GMT, steve...@aol.comspamnot (Steve Higdon)

epgu...@cajunnet.com

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
BTW, some of you guys may think it's funny, or that they should
"lighten up", but if someone made a comment to me (within a workable
proximity) about giving my girlfriend a "pearl necklace", they'd be
licking asphalt.
That little comment shows real professionalism.

Fulltone

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
>HOW ABOUT THE NTE158???

That's what I meant when I said "ECG58"....NTE/ECG same racket....horrible
transistors for a fuzz(IMO), probably the worst I've tried.

ECG and NTE just repackage whatever they can find that's even remotely close to
what it crosses for in their book. Try 'em, and if you like 'em, great!

Steve Higdon

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
>Maybe I'm reading into this too much, and I apologize to Mr. Fuller if
>I am, but it looks like he's looking down his nose at a "mere
>hobbyist" for having the gall to try to reproduce one of "his"
>designs.

You might be right. As I recall, the first few replies that Mike posted on
this thread were merely <laughter>. I, possibly in a generous mood, too that
as someone who had put much toil and money into the craft saying....
essentially "good luck, it's an uphill battle, you're better off buying one
from me..."

Of course things went downhill from there. Rather amusing, overall.

Steve Higdon

posted and mailed

David Fosnocht

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99

Fulltone <full...@aol.com> wrote in message

A bit off topic, but I've always wanted to ask you this. Do you have a
dealer in Australia, or should I just do what I always do when I want some
high-end gear from the States - wait for a ship to sink and look thru the
wreckage that washes up on shore.

epgu...@cajunnet.com

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
In article <19991219132241...@ng-fk1.aol.com>,

bobb...@aol.comfuckofff (bobby d) wrote:
> you can think what you want, but it's kind of rude to ask an effects
maker for
> their schematic....why don't you go down to a fine gourmet restaurant
and ask
> the chef for the recipe to your favorite dish "so you can make it at
home"?

The original poster never asked Mr. Fuller for a schematic. He simple
asked the newsgroup for some help in building the pedal. Since many
people in this group are DIY'ers, I would think this would be the
appropriate place to do that. Shame about Fuller's uncouth reply
regarding the "pearl necklace"

Jeff Goldberg

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
In article <83qmbi$kbi$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, epgu...@cajunnet.com wrote:

>The original poster never asked Mr. Fuller for a schematic. He simple
>asked the newsgroup for some help in building the pedal. Since many
>people in this group are DIY'ers, I would think this would be the
>appropriate place to do that. Shame about Fuller's uncouth reply
>regarding the "pearl necklace"

I agree. The pearl necklace comment was quite immature and
unprofessional, and may have turned me off from Fulltone products. And
no, Mr. Fuller, people do *NOT* know that you're joking when you leave out
a ";-)" Sure didn't seem to be a jovial and lighthearted joke to me.

Whatever though,
Jeff Goldberg

--

"We regret more the things we didn't do than the things we did."
-Huletts Sugars sugar packet

Carlginger

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
>Shame about Fuller's uncouth reply
>>regarding the "pearl necklace"
>

>I agree. The pearl necklace comment was quite immature and
>unprofessional, and may have turned me off from Fulltone products.

Really? I found the joke hillarious....
Not only will I keep the Fulltone pedals I currently own, but based on that
joke, which I enjoyed, I will buy some more Fulltone pedals.
I like when the guy who makes my effects tells jokes.

Carl

epgu...@cajunnet.com

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
In article <19991222113023...@ng-fs1.aol.com>,
Guess you'd enjoy a good joke about him sprinking a few "pearls" on your
significant other, Ginger, or whoever. Whatever, dude. Your comments
don't carry much weight on usenet anyway. You don't offer any products
and services, other than janitorial, so you don't have to maintain a
professional attitude, I guess.
Personally, if someone made that comment to me, to my face, I'd put a
hurting to him.
Seeing how you crawfished your way out of the boxing match with Feder, I
don't guess you'd be up to that either.

Kamchak Tuchuk

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
On Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:32:15 -0500,
go...@starpower.net (Jeff Goldberg) wrote:

>In article <83qmbi$kbi$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, epgu...@cajunnet.com wrote:
>
>>The original poster never asked Mr. Fuller for a schematic. He simple
>>asked the newsgroup for some help in building the pedal. Since many
>>people in this group are DIY'ers, I would think this would be the

>>appropriate place to do that. Shame about Fuller's uncouth reply

>>regarding the "pearl necklace"
>
>I agree. The pearl necklace comment was quite immature and

>unprofessional, and may have turned me off from Fulltone products. And
>no, Mr. Fuller, people do *NOT* know that you're joking when you leave out
>a ";-)" Sure didn't seem to be a jovial and lighthearted joke to me.
>
>Whatever though,
>Jeff Goldberg

I hate to say it, but I agree. I'm quite a fan of
Fuller's work as well as his playing but that
"pearl necklace" barb didn't come across as funny
to me. Actually, my thoughts were "holy shit
Michael!! What the hell was THAT???". People
familiar w/ me know that I love low brow humor as
much as anybody, but I thought that one came out
of nowhere and, without the : ), seemed more like
it meant something along the lines of "fuck you
cocksucker" or similar.
I think it's important if you're going to say
something in jest using any kind of deragatory
(sp?) language, to include the smiley. How much
trouble is it afterall? Two extra strokes on the
keys and you can avoid all the hostile replies.
Seems sensible to me.
I'm level headed enough to avoid going ballistic
over stuff like this though. So, Mike,.... ain't
got nothin' but love for ya... but sometimes it's
just better to fly low and avoid the radar.

Fulltone

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
>Shame about Fuller's uncouth reply
>regarding the "pearl necklace"

(continued howling laughter)

Michael Fuller

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99

Jeff Goldberg wrote:
<<I agree. The pearl necklace comment was quite immature andunprofessional,
and may have turned me off from Fulltone products. >>

You are hereby banned and not allowed to buy any of my products, I will
circulate a memo first thing tomorrow!

Carlginger

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
>From: epgu...@cajunnet.com

>Guess you'd enjoy a good joke about him sprinking a few "pearls" on your
>significant other, Ginger, or whoever. Whatever, dude. Your comments
>don't carry much weight on usenet anyway.

A jokes a joke. You're comments carry no weight at all.

>You don't offer any products
>and services, other than janitorial, so you don't have to maintain a
>professional attitude, I guess.

How many jaitors own three Groshes, a few Strats, an SLO-100, Bogner cstasy,
and expecting the arrival of a $3500 Two Rock amp?
Your "logic" is flawed spock.
You read too many Feder testamonials.

>Personally, if someone made that comment to me, to my face, I'd put a
>hurting to him.

Sure you would.

>Seeing how you crawfished your way out of the boxing match with Feder, I
>don't guess you'd be up to that either.

Hey Ed, next time your in town, I'll personally give your significant other a
pearl necklace. LOL

Carlginger

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
>From: epgu...@cajunnet.com

>> >I agree. The pearl necklace comment was quite immature and

>> >unprofessional, and may have turned me off from Fulltone products.

You have no money to buy picks and strings....let alone a $200 pedal.
Continue using your Ibanez Sound Tanks.....that's more your style.

>Personally, if someone made that comment to me, to my face, I'd put a
>hurting to him.

I think YOU took one too many pearl necklesses....phaaag

Zekmoe

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
This is funny as hell. Please keep it going.

Bob Maggio --owns several Fulltone pedals and loves them.

>Jeff Goldberg wrote:
><<I agree. The pearl necklace comment was quite immature andunprofessional,
>and may have turned me off from Fulltone products. >>

Michael Fuller

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
(Woah wait, A rare sighting!.....a sense of humor on an internet newsgroup)
Alright, that's enough young man, you just watch your P's and Q's , I will not
tolerate any off-color remarks....if you don't stop, I'll...I'll....throw a
sissie tantrum, take my marbles home and buy a Danelectro pedal by golly!

Richard

Dec 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/22/99
carlg...@aol.com (Carlginger) wrote:

> Not only will I keep the Fulltone pedals I currently own, but based on
> that joke, which I enjoyed, I will buy some more Fulltone pedals.

Whatever floats thy boat. Personally, I only buy the effects that
produce the sounds I want.

--
Disclaimer: These are simply some of my personal opinions.
UPDATED 12/15/1999 http://home.earthlink.net/~huddler

bobby d

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99
mr. fuller......can i please get a schematic of your new "pearl necklace"
pedal? :-)
bobby d

Zekmoe

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99
Actually, humor exists on some internet newsgroups. Rec.audio.pro gets going
sometimes, and newbies and know-it-alls are often crushed mercilessly. Fletcher
and Hank are gods over there. They are great sources of info and bust balls
relentlessly.
Alt.music.yes also has some people who know humor. They are used to seeing
Chris Squire in person.
Most of the other groups I read are horribly lacking. Oracle and Java
especially. Whiners and babys. And don't get me started about
alt.smokers.cigars............

Bob Maggio -was once a newbie.

>Woah wait, A rare sighting!.....a sense of humor on an internet newsgroup)

>From: Michael Fuller full...@mediaone.net

Carlginger

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99

>mr. fuller......can i please get a schematic of your new "pearl necklace"
>pedal? :-)
>bobby d

"Pearl Necklace" sounds like it may be a Phaser pedal....in any event, have
plenty of tissue ready before you change the battery.

Carl

GolfCat

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99
If you want...I can mod that Danelectro pedal to sound just like a DOD...

It will cost you though...

FWIW
PatRICK ;)
Gol...@aol.com

Chris Walton

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99
The Creamiest distortion pedal you'll ever have.

Chris Walton

Carlginger <carlg...@aol.com> wrote in message

ALAN THOMPSON

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99
You guys may not know it, but you've just given Mike a great idea for a new
product. Better ask for a piece of the action now.

A.T.

Chris Walton <ch...@narissa.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

Fulltone

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99
>You guys may not know it, but you've just given Mike a great idea for a new
>product. Better ask for a piece of the action now.

I <knew> something good would come out of this!

AnalogMike

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99

The "pearl necklace" pedal really sucks.

Regards, mike ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~

Mike "at" analogman dot com http://www.analogman.com

Kamchak Tuchuk

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99
On 23 Dec 1999 18:59:11 GMT,
analo...@aol.comfortable (AnalogMike) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>The "pearl necklace" pedal really sucks.

It obviously doesn't swallow.

bobby d

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99
>>Hi,
>>
>>The "pearl necklace" pedal really sucks.

damn! (much laughter)...

this has been a fun thread, even thought it started out a bit unhappily. tell
you what, though.....mike fuller gave ALL of you hobbyists hundreds of dollars
and hours worth of transistor advice by telling you what NOt to get.....so
there has been some goodness in this thread, as well as some humor.
bobby d

bobby devito-guitarist
the official bobby devito website
http://bobbydevito.bluesguitar.com
bobby...@bluesguitar.com

Fairgame2000

Dec 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/23/99
Yeah, but you know Rev. Bill G. will have to have one for the ZZTOP song (I
can just hear it now..... my baby got a pearl necklace...... ;-)

Chris Walton

Dec 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/24/99

Kamchak Tuchuk <jg...@ftc-i.net> wrote in message

> On 23 Dec 1999 18:59:11 GMT,
> analo...@aol.comfortable (AnalogMike) wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >The "pearl necklace" pedal really sucks.
>

> It obviously doesn't swallow.

You have to use it with a good head.

catali...@my-deja.com

Dec 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/24/99
HA! Cover the work with some epoxy!

catalinbread

In article <19991222204428...@ng-fk1.aol.com>,

catali...@my-deja.com

Dec 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/24/99
Too late I have registered the idea. It is now a trade mark owned by ME!
Pearl Necklace. If you want to even use it in conversation, because my
pedals are coversation pieces, you will have to get written permission
from me. I have spent too many hours matching LDR's and have to pay my
employees $10/hour for my vibe clone to allow the name to be used be
just anyone. And here is a little hint as to the Mojo of my units... I
have paid the Hendrix estate for his seimen to mix with the epoxy to
cover it all up with. This is the key element to the sound.

catalinbread

In article <19991223101935...@ng-cr1.aol.com>,

Sonic VI

Dec 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/25/99
>HA! Cover the work with some epoxy!

Is that what they're calling it now???

Soundoor

Dec 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/27/99
Dann Green of 3MS/Soundshimmer designs these killer pedals like the Noise Swash
and Atoner. He started this thing called the Commonsound Collective. You can
buy a kit of a pedal he makes with all parts and schematic. He even posts
schematics to some of his pedals. Go to www.angelfire.com/mo/commonsound/i.html
to learn more.