OT: A very good day

handg...@webtv.net

Jun 3, 2005, 4:16:16 PM6/3/05
Sitting at my desk this morning, get a call about a guy trying to get
into cars in the parking lot next door. Usually it's the homeless guys
looking to steal the change off peoples dashes, so I grab another deputy
& we go to check it out. We catch a guy in the act of trying to steal a
car, criminal tools & all. How much of a stupid-ass do you have to be to
try to steal a car in the parking lot next to the Sheriff's Dept. ? The
guy tries to run & I catch him, he tries to fight & I drop him & cuff
him. So we read him his rights drag this idiot inside & put him in a
holding cell & he claims to have no ID & gives us a phony name. When we
walk away we see him on camera fish something out of his crotch and hide
it in the vent duct. I yank him out of the cell & fish his drivers
license out of the vent. This time I run his real name and Bingo
warrants galore. The stuff from here was all small but then felony
warrants from Florida for child molestation & kiddie porn charges show
up. The boys in Florida were so glad to hear we found one of their
wayward sons they're busy arranging for his homecoming. It's so much
easier when the assholes come right to you.

Brian Running

Jun 3, 2005, 4:28:28 PM6/3/05

Outstanding! Have one on me.

Kloka-mo'

Jun 3, 2005, 10:04:13 PM6/3/05
Excellent! That's gotta' feel good.
--
-rob Slidell, LA

/(\)
^^
<handg...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Lowtonejoe

Jun 3, 2005, 10:15:17 PM6/3/05

Hey, right on!

Hopefully things will continue on this way for you!

Met Gabriel yet?

:-)

Joe.

--

Indecision is the key to flexibility. – Jerry Leaton

My Soundclick Website – http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/joesanchez.htm

My Bud LeCompte Signature Series Bass! –
http://www.lowtones.com/LeCompteJSSM

Gary Rosen

Jun 4, 2005, 5:02:40 AM6/4/05

<handg...@webtv.net> wrote in message
> How much of a stupid-ass do you have to be to
> try to steal a car in the parking lot next to the Sheriff's Dept. ?

Biggest myth in the world: the criminal mastermind.

- Gary Rosen

Message has been deleted

Glenn Dowdy

Jun 4, 2005, 1:20:02 PM6/4/05

<handg...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> It's so much
> easier when the assholes come right to you.

Too bad the fire department doesn't get the same type of service.

Glenn D.

gaef

Jun 4, 2005, 4:14:53 PM6/4/05
Sometimes they do. Oregon City last month had one of their rigs catch
fire, in the station, at night, whilst they were upstairs sleeping.

Glenn Dowdy

Jun 6, 2005, 10:28:13 AM6/6/05

"gaef" <gaefb...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> Glenn Dowdy wrote:
>> <handg...@webtv.net> wrote in message
>>

>>>It's so much
>>>easier when the assholes come right to you.
>>>

>> Too bad the fire department doesn't get the same type of service.
>>
> Sometimes they do. Oregon City last month had one of their rigs catch
> fire, in the station, at night, whilst they were upstairs sleeping.

Actually, the same thing happened to my father's station when he was a
firefighter in the Air Force.

Glenn D.

CreepieDeCrapper

Jun 6, 2005, 12:37:51 PM6/6/05
that's a rad story... may the chi-mo get his in prison...

handg...@webtv.net

Jun 7, 2005, 6:42:36 PM6/7/05
My god we had another one today. A courier service driver comes in today
for a pickup. He lays his back pack on the counter and the zipper pops
open. Out falls five large bags of marijuana, a pipe, several syringes
and a spoon with residue on it. As i'm booking him he asks "you think
i'll lose my job over this ?".

Kloka-mo'

Jun 7, 2005, 9:56:51 PM6/7/05
Time to play the lottery!

--
-rob Slidell, LA

/(\)
^^
<handg...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Kloka-mo'

Jun 7, 2005, 9:56:51 PM6/7/05
Time to play the lottery!

--
-rob Slidell, LA

/(\)
^^

Glenn Dowdy

Jun 7, 2005, 10:56:03 PM6/7/05

<handg...@webtv.net> wrote in message
You need to create and post a big poster with step-by-step photos on how to
arrest and book yourself, up to and including assignment and occupation of a
cell. I think that's where you guys are heading.

Glenn D.

Message has been deleted