Left Handed / Lefty / LH Guitar Players

Fit E. Cal

Dec 20, 2007, 2:36:17 AM12/20/07

Dec 20, 2007, 2:41:55 AM12/20/07

FREDERIC PIERRE GUSTAVE
GARY FLETCHER
GARY MOORE
GEORGE BARNES
GEORGE JOHNSON *
GEORGE MCARDLE
GERARD BLANC
GIL DORON OFARIM
GILES HEDLEY (Giles Hedley Blues Band, The Aviators)
GLEN BURTNIK
GLENN POMIANEK
GRANT GREEN JR. *
GREG SAGE *
GREG SERRATO
GREG STAPLES
GREGG WRIGHT
GRETA BRINKMAN
GRUFF RHYS *
GUS ISIDORE
GUY BERGERON
GUY BLAKESLEE
HARRY J. BOYLE
HIDETOSHI "BILLY" FURUKAWA
HISASHI IMAI
HUW GOWER
IAN WHITCOMB
IGGY POP
ILUMINADO DÁVILA
INORAN (a.k.a. INOUE KYIONOBU)
IRA SIEGEL
JACK SHOOK
JACOB KJAER
JAMES 'BLA' PAHINUI *
JEFFERSON LOUVAT
JEN LEIGH
JEREMY SAWKINS
JERRY DE VILLIERS JR.
JIM ROONEY
JIMI GOODWIN
JIMI HENDRIX *
JIMMY CLIFF
JIMMY HASLIP
JIMMY RAINEY
JOAQUÍN RIVÉRA
JOE GAGAN
JOHN DOYLE
JOHN FLANSBURGH
JOHN FULLER *
JOHN HEAD
JOHN HEPBURN
JOHN MARASCO
JOHN MCENROE
JOHN ROBINSON
JOHN SCHUMANN *
JOHN WHEATCROFT *
JOHN WHEELOCK
JOHNNY BACON (a.k.a. JOHNNY HAWK)
JOHNNY JENKINS
JOHNNY SPAMPINATO
JOHNNY WESLEY CHISHOLM
JOHNNY WINTER
JONATHAN BUTLER *
JOSE BARRENSE-DIAS
JOSE SOLES
JOSEPH
JOSEPH CARTER III
JOSEY SCOTT
JULES SHEAR *
JULIA ROBERTS
KARL GREEN
KARL WALLINGER *
KEANU REEVES
KEITH CARRADINE
KÉLÉTIGUI DIABATE
KENNETH EDMONDS (a.k.a. BABYFACE)
KEVIN MARK LEGAULT
KLAUS EICHSTADT
KOKOMO ARNOLD
KRIS ROE
KUNI (TAKEUCHI)
KURT COBAIN *
L.A. JONES
LARRY WHITE
LEE BLAIR
LEE JACKSON
LEFT HAND FRANK (FRANK CRAIG)
LEFTHAND FREDDY (FRED REINING)
LEFTY DIZZ
LEFTY FRIZZELL
LEROY CLYDE "LEFTY" BATES
LILI BONICHE
LITTLE JIMMY KING
LUDO MARIMAN
LUKE MORLEY *
MACK STEVENS
MALCOLM STITT
MALINA MOYE
MALO VALLOIS
MANNE SCHLAIER
MANNY RIVERA
MARC BONILLA
MARC COHN
MARC FOSSET
MARC MULAY
MARC PÉRIZ
MARK CHAPMAN
MARK KNOPFLER
MARTIN JENNER
MARTIN WEISS
MATT BECK
MATT BIRKENHIER
MATTHEW BARBER
MAX A. WIRTH
MICAH P. HINSON
MICHAEL ANGELO BATIO *
MICHAEL BLOOMFIELD
MICHEL OUELLETTE
MICK BROADBENT
MICK CONWAY
MICKEY (MICKAEL FURNON)
MIKE VENNART
MONCHO DAVILA
MOOT DAVIS *
NATHEN MAXWELL
NEIL FRASER
NIALL PARKER *
NICK BOWCOTT
NICK FELDMAN
NICK LOWE
NICKE HELLACOPTER
NICOLAS REYES
NOEL GALLAGHER (Oasis)
OLIVIER W. OLMOS
OLLIE CRAWFORD
OLLIE HALSALL
OMAR RODRIGUEZ-LOPEZ
OTIS RUSH
PASCAL PERIZ
PASKAL JAKOBSEN
PATCHAI REYES
PATRICK OLIVE
PATRICK SAUSSOIS
PAUL CLARK
PAUL CUDDEFORD
PAUL CURTIS
PAUL FRAZIER
PAUL GRAY
PAUL LE MAT
PAUL MCCARTNEY
PAUL RAYMOND
PAUL VAN RIJSWIJK
PAULINE ANSON-DROSS
PERE SOTO
PERRY BAMONTE
PETE STRIDE
PIERRE PESNON
PRESTON REED *
RAY HUTCHINSON
RICH WOLSKI
RICHIE STOTTS
RICKY QUINONES
RIK EMMETT (Triumph)
ROB JOHANSSON
ROB OORTHUIS
ROBBIE MERRILL
ROBERT FRIPP
ROBERT LUNN
ROBERT WILSON "LEFTY" PERKINS
ROBIN CAMPBELL *
ROBIN FEIX
RODNEY BAKERR *
ROGER 'TINY' KOHRS
RON JONES
RONNIE DRAYTON
ROSEMARY BUTLER
RUSTY BURNS
SASCHA KOHLER
SCOTT MCCARL
SEAL
SEBASTIEN LAMOTHE
SENÉN SUÁREZ
SHARI FORST
SHERWOOD MANGIAPANE
SHIGERU MATSUZAKI
SLIM WHITMAN
STAN SKIBBY
STEELE CROSWHITE
STEF KAMIL CARLENS
STERLING SPELL
STEVE LOUVAT
STEVE MORSE
SYLVAIN BOLDUC
SYLVIA TYSON
TAKFARINAS
TERRY NOLAND
TEX FLETCHER
THIERRY PLAS
TIM ARMSTRONG
TIM BOURNE
TIM GAGAN
TINY TIM
TOM ANDREWS
TOM HOLLAND
TOM PALOMBI
TONY IOMMI
TONY JONES
TONY KAYE
TRAVIS PLAID
VERNON HARRINGTON
VICKI VOMIT
WAYNE WRIGHT
WESLEY TUTTLE
WILL GLOVER
WILLIAM 'LEFTY' BATES
WILLIE DUNCAN
WOLF MAAHN
YOMO TORO
ZEKKARIYAS (Cecil Womack)

JD

Dec 20, 2007, 5:41:26 AM12/20/07

$$ parts .

There was a business in Austin back in thhe 90's that resold
"aged strats" and Fender (lawyers) closed them down.

M...@disney.com

Dec 20, 2007, 9:45:32 AM12/20/07

Fit E. Cal

Dec 20, 2007, 10:53:10 AM12/20/07
IMO, the whole 'aged' bit is symptiomatic of the phony, dark side of
advertising and marketing having crept into something
like music, itself a pure endeavor, like athletics. Anything pure
attracts the impure. The best amongst it, like teflon, can't
be stuck to by ________ . Nonetheless, human nature being what it is,
the masses being what mediocre they are, (a fickle, cowardly, zombie-
like mob, incapable of good, thoughtful, independent judgement), the
dark side and them are made for each other. The wise resist and fads/
fashions pass. To each his own decision on which path to take. :-)
mvm

Fit E. Cal

Dec 20, 2007, 11:04:15 AM12/20/07
No surprise-- This brief article contains the very information which
refutes its attention-getting headline.

M...@disney.com, himself a torch-carrying, faceless screecher, deep in
the ranks of the mediocre, uneducated, cowardly mob, vomits hatred all
over himself to start another day.

http://tinyurl.com/3b4r8o rocks on, oblivious to the likes of this
poor piteous soul. :-) www.geocities.com/mvm55555

DGDevin

Dec 20, 2007, 11:30:48 AM12/20/07

"Fit E. Cal" <ya...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

>> There was a business in Austin back in thhe 90's that resold
>> "aged strats" and Fender (lawyers) closed them down.
>>
> IMO, the whole 'aged' bit is symptiomatic of the phony, dark side of
> advertising and marketing having crept into something
> like music, itself a pure endeavor, like athletics.

This from a guy who bought a 'vintage reissue' amp, and the irony meter gets
pegged again. I suppose that's symptomatic of a certain sort of
personality, thinks the brands and models of things he owns should impress
folks (based on the frequency with which he catalogs his guitars, amps,
cables etc. for us) but sneers at others who buy their own 'vintage
reissues,' do as I say, not as I do.

[Space provided for Mulay's customary whine about everybody picking on him
etc.]

Fit E. Cal

Dec 20, 2007, 12:45:51 PM12/20/07
On Dec 20, 10:30 am, "DGDevin" <dgde...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> "Fit E. Cal" <ya...@earthlink.net> wrote in messagenews:73801705-3466-4393...@i12g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
/\
douglas george devin exhibits his purposely disingenuous inability to
distinguish between the cosmetic "aged" fashion / fad as practiced on
guitars, and an amp line that was discontinued (the 1959 Fender Tweed
Bassman / circuit design 5F6A), then re-introduced decades later by
the same company. To evidence how very twisted his ilk can get, he
invokes the word "irony", when in fact, the "irony" is that he simply
can never come out of an exchange with the upper hand, because his
judgement is so defective, he takes the wrong / untrue/ path / side of
an argument, almost unconsciously.

He is not alone in AGA:-). www.geocities.com/mvm55555

The good news; He's trying to stay w/in the bounds of 'on topic' in
this thread, although there's no such thing as a LH amp :-)

DGDevin

Dec 20, 2007, 2:07:29 PM12/20/07

> douglas george devin exhibits his purposely disingenuous inability to
> distinguish between the cosmetic "aged" fashion / fad as practiced on
> guitars, and an amp line that was discontinued (the 1959 Fender Tweed
> Bassman / circuit design 5F6A), then re-introduced decades later by
> the same company. To evidence how very twisted his ilk can get, he
> invokes the word "irony", when in fact, the "irony" is that he simply
> can never come out of an exchange with the upper hand, because his
> judgement is so defective, he takes the wrong / untrue/ path / side of
> an argument, almost unconsciously.

Did everybody get that? Let's recap for those who can't follow Marc's
logic-defying leaps. If Marc buys a 'vintage reissue' product like an amp
cooked up by Fender's marketing droids that's cool because it's made by the
same company as the original. But if *you* buy a vintage reissue guitar
that Fender has intentionally given an aged appearance that isn't cool
because it's merely cosmetic, even if Fender insists they've duplicated the
original right down to the pickup winding.

I know what you're going to say, it does look as if how Marc decides which
is legit and which is bogus comes down to whether or not he owns one. Yes,
it does look that way, doesn't it. But what else did you expect from
someone who holds up his possessions like they're talismans with magic
powers that somehow transfer to him? After all, this is a guy who thinks
the brand of cable he uses is worth noting in dozens of posts.

Me, I'd never buy one of those 'aged' guitars because it would just make
people wonder how come someone could put so much mileage on a guitar and
still play so crap-awful. Perhaps that four-cat audience Marc plays for is
less judgmental.

Fit E. Cal

Dec 20, 2007, 6:23:03 PM12/20/07
On Dec 20, 1:07 pm, "DGDevin" <dgde...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> "Fit E. Cal" <ya...@earthlink.net> wrote in messagenews:af77d2a8-5b68-45b4...@s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com...
More foaming at the mouth from poor douglas george devin @ "invalid"
here. Some wad tries to rip a new turd cutter in my choice of guitar
cables, I successfully defend the cables value and douglas george here
sees what he wants to see. Like how dare I not only defend, but prove
what an excellent cable that is? shrug. See, douglas "know(s) what
you're going to say" alright :-)... I vote with my wallet. In 1999, I
voted for the '59 Bassman R.I. (sure, it isn't an exact point-to-point
wiring copy of the originals, but everything else sure summed up to >
my expectations, particularly w/ the N.O.S. re-tubing I gave it, from
the Mullard GZ34 replacing that factory SS rectifier, to the GE 6072A
I put in V1 and the Mullard EECC83's in V2 and V3. I particularly like
the SED Winged C 6L6GC's and keep a matched pair in this wonderful
amp. Also, I really enjoyed darkening that tweed w/ multiple coats of
tinted Zinser Bullseye Shellac. This amp's a keeper, just like my new
12ft. Mogami Platinum guitar cable. One thing I AM going to do for
that amp though, have a bias pot installed.

Recently, I decided to re-fret the MIJ Fender Strat, I bought in 1985.
It's a '62 copy (they had to model it on something!), plain white,
with a rosewood fretboard. I'm left-handed, so I don't get much choice
in the way of factory productions. The original MIJ wiring and pickups
were weak and the original frets, skinny. I'm putting the medium-jumbo
Dunlop 6100's on that rosewood fretboard /great classic 'C' neck, and
just bought a mint-green 3 ply '62 pickguard (had to! the new pups are
all single coil and I'm replacing a Carvin C-22 'bucker at the
bridge). I'm really looking forward to the Lindy Fralin SP43 PUP set
going into this guitar! You know, I own only 3 electric guitars, but
THIS one stays in tune between playings better than the Gibson Les
Paul Custom and Gibson ES-335!

As to the modern "aged" marketing/sales bit, yeah, I've already
relayed my opinion of that whole bit. I think it's sickening. Real
poser / collecter can't be bothered with actually PLAYING stuff, in my
admittedly strong opinion on the whole gig. Like I said, I vote with
my wallet (don't we all?) and I vote against that noise, big time. :-)
www.geocities.com/mvm55555

DGDevin

Dec 20, 2007, 8:00:22 PM12/20/07
"Fit E. Cal" <ya...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Talisman, talisman, talisman.

I own cool stuff, I must be cool too, right, right?!?! Nobody laughed at my
cable, I "proved" how good it was by repeatedly posting the manufacturer's
ad copy, that's proof! It's a cool cable, so I must be a cool guitarist!
Right?! Hey, anybody wanna hear my Naval Aviator story again, how about how
far I can jog? All this stuff means something, right, right?! You people
have to be impressed by me, I read books with Latin on one page and English
on the other, wanna hear the names of some authors you never even heard of
before? Come on, somebody ask me about my stoic philosophy, come on, ask
me. Hey, how about my home studio, I gotta whole buncha cool stuff in
there, anybody wanna hear about my home studio? Hey, you over there, did
you know I used to be a stockbroker, no really, I was. Hey, come back.....

Holy crap, who the hell is this guy trying so hard to impress?

JD

Dec 20, 2007, 8:24:25 PM12/20/07
Fit E. Cal wrote:
> like athletics.

Pro sports is a business ... sportsmanship died
as soon as the first check was signed ... let them all do the
same pill popping ... Make all drugs legal in pro sports, advertise it
like ED pills, and make let those square jaw droids die of a heart
attack at age 27. Free up more movie time.

>Anything pure

NOS, reissue NOS, Limited edition NOS, like NOS, reconditioned NOS,
near NOS, similar NOS. vintage NOS.

Dave Bolton

Dec 20, 2007, 8:51:00 PM12/20/07
"DGDevin" <dgd...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:13mm414...@corp.supernews.com...

The other ugly girls at Amp Designers Bar & Grill?

Fit E. Cal

Dec 20, 2007, 11:44:44 PM12/20/07

Sports...ex/ H.S. and College wrestling, = pure..."pro" wrestling? pro
everything now? impure. I was definitely referring to athletics in the
pure sense. I work out every day, my competitive sports days ended
decades ago, but I'm in great shape.
That level of purity takes honest hard work-- same can be said of
practicing music / modes / new chords / scales / tunes / compositions.
As to N.O.S. if it's a tube made in 1959 and has been kept in a box,
unused since then, that's what I'm talking about- as the rest, same
marketing shtick as "aged", -putrid. vote w/ your wallet man! mvm

Fit E. Cal

Dec 20, 2007, 11:47:16 PM12/20/07
On Dec 20, 7:51 pm, "Dave Bolton" <rockin_dav...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "DGDevin" <dgde...@invalid.invalid> wrote in messagenews:13mm414...@corp.supernews.com...

> > Holy crap, who the hell is this guy trying so hard to impress?
>
> The other ugly girls at Amp Designers Bar & Grill

Truth rocks and you poor fellas roll down hill...like...

Happier Holidays!,

:-) mvm

M...@disney.com

Dec 21, 2007, 11:34:13 AM12/21/07
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 17:00:22 -0800, "DGDevin"
<dgd...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Lindy Fralin Pickup box with Ibanex RG70 pups in it..and a Gibsun Chinatar LP

>I own cool stuff, I must be cool too, right, right?!?! Nobody laughed at my
>cable, I "proved" how good it was by repeatedly posting the manufacturer's
>ad copy, that's proof! It's a cool cable, so I must be a cool guitarist!
>Right?! Hey, anybody wanna hear my Naval Aviator story again, how about how
>far I can jog? All this stuff means something, right, right?! You people
>have to be impressed by me, I read books with Latin on one page and English
>on the other, wanna hear the names of some authors you never even heard of
>before? Come on, somebody ask me about my stoic philosophy, come on, ask
>me. Hey, how about my home studio, I gotta whole buncha cool stuff in
>there, anybody wanna hear about my home studio? Hey, you over there, did
>you know I used to be a stockbroker, no really, I was. Hey, come back.....
>
>Holy crap, who the hell is this guy trying so hard to impress?

TiffE' Tuber
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG3v3fYlJ-M&feature=related

Fit E. Cal

Dec 21, 2007, 3:03:10 PM12/21/07
On Dec 20, 7:24 pm, JD <b24warb...@ppp.com> wrote:
"More Democratis, less Heraclitus" -Seneca