Lord Valve RIP

Billy "Pops" Gramme

Jul 25, 2002, 12:15:01 AM7/25/02
Well, he just had to do it. My old friend and fellow bunkmate on the S.S.
Kennedy let himself over-indulge in uptaking cholesterol and fatty acids and
now it's all over for him.

Fair sailing Willie, my friend.
In my eyes you still had an honorable death.
But a soldier never really dies.

Be nice to his eldest son. One day he will go off to college, but in the
mean time he is Willie's heir and now the owner of NBS Electronics. I'm sure
he will keep the family tradition, that is, until he goes off to college.
We'll miss you Willie. Dammit partner, you could've been more discreet with
what you ate, sheesh.

In the words of Abe Lincoln, I pray Thank God, there's one less pervert
among us.
He's no fun. He fell right over.

Goodbye goodbye goodbye
Don't let the surgeons muck you up, but if they do, realize there's a karma
thing. BTW, you might want to request that they surgically remove Lupi's
lips from your ass while they're at it. You may have a little more dignity
that way. Sorry you're on you way out, but that's the breaks, my friend.

Pops

mhonnert

Jul 25, 2002, 9:16:16 AM7/25/02
Is this true? Fat Willie passed away in the last few days?
Wooooh!

Matthew

"Billy "Pops" Gramme" <pl...@union.nebsno> wrote in message

Odin

Jul 25, 2002, 9:50:12 AM7/25/02

"mhonnert" <mat...@alumapro.com> wrote in message

> Is this true? Fat Willie passed away in the last few days?
> Wooooh!

Of course it's true, you read it on the Internet didn't you?

RoccaforteAmps

Jul 25, 2002, 12:13:47 PM7/25/02
I hope he sent my tubes first,
guess I'll keep the check.
Doug

Lord Valve

Jul 25, 2002, 1:24:06 PM7/25/02

mhonnert wrote:

> Is this true? Fat Willie passed away in the last few days?
> Wooooh!

Naw, the only thing I passed was some gas.
I named it Elvis Paisely. It was offended.

Lord Valve
Still Buggin'

Jim Anable

Jul 25, 2002, 1:31:13 PM7/25/02

Dang! You could have had a "Paul is dead" thing going.

This whole thread was in EXTREMELY poor taste. A new low.

Lord Valve

Jul 25, 2002, 1:55:10 PM7/25/02
> Are you going to take the bet or not, you candy-ass wanker?
>
> Lord Valve
> American

Did you say something?
Ain't heard a word from this turd so far.
All mouth, no wallet.
C'mon, son - throw down or take a powder.

Lord Valve
Gambler

Andy van Tol

Jul 25, 2002, 3:07:11 PM7/25/02
"Lord Valve" <LORD_...@prodigy.net> wrote in message

"Take a powder" - wow, that's an oldie (1930's?). What's the
origin of that expression?

As in face powder? Headache powder? Hmmmm.

Andy

PMG

Jul 25, 2002, 3:54:18 PM7/25/02

Damn, it must have stunk up the place if you called it Elvis Paisely!
Did your dog just point at you to say "not me"?

Pete

Jack

Jul 25, 2002, 4:36:59 PM7/25/02
"Billy" - May you develop a horrible case of colo-rectal cancer, you stupid
prick.

Jack

Lord Valve

Jul 25, 2002, 5:59:18 PM7/25/02

Matthew wrote:

> >Well, he just had to do it. My old friend and fellow bunkmate on the S.S.
> >Kennedy let himself over-indulge in uptaking cholesterol and fatty acids and
> >now it's all over for him.
> >
> >Fair sailing Willie, my friend.
> >In my eyes you still had an honorable death.
> >But a soldier never really dies.
>

> They just smell that way. But seriously, Mr. Valve will be missed. Maybe
> someone can take over the nom de plume, a la Miss Manners.

Kiss my ass, lefturd. when I'm ready to check out,
I'll let y'all know. Shouldn't be for another 30 years
or so.

Lord Valve
Arrogant Rightwing Bastard

ampmedic

Jul 25, 2002, 6:58:18 PM7/25/02
Is that "Paisely" as in pussy?

The AmpMedic
Vintage Guitar Tube Amp
Servicing & Restoration
Living in the People's Republic on Long Island, NY.
eml: me...@ampmedic.com

"PMG" <avo...@attbi.com> wrote in message

noc10

Jul 25, 2002, 10:32:42 PM7/25/02

"Andy van Tol" <u...@ftc.gov> wrote in message
Make up.
It's a line in one of the
old gangster movies, where the men wanted to discuss
business so they told the "ladies" to "take a powder".
Or in other words go to the powder room.

I believe it was a Cagney line but I am not sure.

cclawsonco

Jul 26, 2002, 12:29:59 AM7/26/02
What a SICK thread. And what a slimy thing to do. One thing Abe
Lincoln actually DID say, and I paraphrase: The way a man treats his
enemies tells you a lot about how he treats his friends...

I could go on at some length, because I just has a for real death in
the family, and DO NOT FIND THIS SHIT AMUSING! - but I won't except to
note that the author of this thread definitely falls into the 'cloacal
proclivities' AND 'gets out of the shower to take a leak' categories.
Chuck

D.G. Devin

Jul 26, 2002, 12:50:02 AM7/26/02
It was a beautiful funeral, very moving. LV was buried him in a vintage
Ampeg SVT 8x10 cab with the baffles knocked out, lined with Vox diamond
grill cloth, just had to lay him on his side and fold his knees a little,
and six t-shirted roadies carried him to his final rest. And I had no idea
the Rev. Mr. Marshall was an ordained minister, who knew? And how nice of
him to come all the way from England to perform the service. The floral
arrangements were actually made with burnt-out tubes and different colors of
speaker wire, very striking. There was even a choir, and when they cut
loose through that enormous Altec Lansing PA system, well my years are still
ringing, and you don't normally expect threshold shift at a funeral. The
tombstone is a stunning replica of a '65 Fender Twin Reverb in pink granite,
and when you push a button on the side a hidden speaker plays a selection of
political rants he recorded at some point, it's as if he is speaking to you
from beyond, it's enough to bring a tear to the eye. The only sour note was
seeing them installing the waterproofing, apparently they expect certain
"left wingers" to sneak in at night to urinate on the grave, some people
just insist on having the last word. I don't know if LV's final wish --
that a bank of charged filter caps be wired up to the grave so anyone so
urinating has a surprise coming -- will be carried out, but I understand it
would be a good joke.

Sadly, some imposter has already assumed the Lord Valve name and is
pretending to be the real LV, people just have no shame.

Matt Seniff

Jul 26, 2002, 10:36:08 AM7/26/02
On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:07:11 -0700, "Andy van Tol" <u...@ftc.gov>
wrote:

>"Lord Valve" <LORD_...@prodigy.net> wrote in message
>> > Are you going to take the bet or not, you candy-ass wanker?
>> >
>> > Lord Valve
>> > American
>>
>> Did you say something?
>> Ain't heard a word from this turd so far.
>> All mouth, no wallet.
>> C'mon, son - throw down or take a powder.
>
>"Take a powder" - wow, that's an oldie (1930's?). What's the
>origin of that expression?

I always thought it referred to Bromo-Seltzer which since it contained
bromide could act as a sort of sedative. In fact around the turn of
the century there were Bromo-Seltzer addicts that hung out at
pharmacies drinking Bromo-Seltzers one after another till they were
thrown out for being intoxicated. It was considered a scourge of
America at the time. matt

Lord Valve

Jul 26, 2002, 2:08:49 PM7/26/02

Matt Seniff wrote:

Never heard about Bromo-Seltzer. I always considered
"take a powder" as meaning to beat it, to disappear.
I found this excellent site on idioms, check it out:
http://home.t-online.de/home/toni.goeller/idiom_wm/idioms586.html

Lord Valve
American

Lord Valve

Jul 26, 2002, 2:14:37 PM7/26/02

Matt Seniff wrote:

This site's even better than the last one I posted - it not only
gives definitions, but origins:
http://members.aol.com/MorelandC/HaveOriginsIndex.htm

Lord Valve
American

D.G. Devin

Jul 26, 2002, 2:45:59 PM7/26/02
Matthew wrote in message <20020726082043...@mb-cs.aol.com>...

>All those years building a rep and some vainglorious newbie blows it all to
>hell. Screw you, Not-the-real-Valve!

Well just for that you aren't invited to the wake. And we have a big cake
that looks like a Marshall stack and everything, gonna be a blast. He would
have wanted it that way.

Jim Anable

Jul 26, 2002, 2:46:00 PM7/26/02

Interesting.

Long ago, Bayer (the aspirin people) sold heroin over the counter as a cough
medicine! See: http://www.a1b2c3.com/drugs/opi004.htm

Brad St Clair

Jul 26, 2002, 2:50:55 PM7/26/02
In article <HNg09.7083$Kl6.4...@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
"D.G. Devin" <DGD...@worldnet.att.invalid> wrote:

I sure will miss that old codger <sniff>

Gtski

Jul 29, 2002, 8:40:02 PM7/29/02

"Jim Anable" <j...@seattle-attorney.com> wrote in message

It's just no fun around here anymore....
no Bromo... no *good* cough medicine...

gtski

Matt Seniff

Jul 29, 2002, 9:26:43 AM7/29/02

And most patent medicines contained tincture of opium, coca extract,
and other hard drugs. I have an old book from the 1880's called The
Encyclopedia of Knowledge (I can't remember the name for sure) that
had the recipes for the more popular OTC medications. They all
contained opiates, coca, extract of cannabis, or other drugs along
with copious amounts of alcohol. Of course this book had a lot of
bogus info like the flying speed of a duck being 600MPH or using a new
clean nail to puncture the amniotic sac during birth. matt

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted