Chicago's Convergence 20 Bid Proposal

Scary Lady Sarah

Jun 15, 2013, 8:04:49 PM6/15/13
Greetings, alt.gothic!

On behalf of the Chicago Convergence Twenty committee, we present, if you please, our proposal for your perusal; at your pleasure!

"Convergence 20 Chicago: First & Last & Always"
Friday, 25 April, 2014
Saturday, 26 April 2014
Sunday, 27 April, 2014

http://www.altgothic.com/c20chi

We submit this bid to you, dark denizens of the Internet, in the hopes that our city may continue the fine once-a-decade tradition of being your hosts for a weekend you'll never forget! Please allow us this honor with your vote for Convergence Twenty Chicago.

Our committee is composed entirely of C* veterans in one form or another: Scary Lady Sarah and William Faith as the co-chairpersons & entertainment coordinators; JV (aka The Evil Chemist) as the guru of travel & hotel; CarrieMonster, coordinating the fashion show & vendors; Jennifer Anne Buckley, overseeing our website & co-organizer of the art show; and Moses "Creepy" McFeely, art show organizer.

We all agree that the focus of a C20 Chicago should be on organizing & delivering a gathering where friends from far & near will be able to spend time together, enjoying events based in the goth community. The activities we plan will include Convergence customs and of course, as music is the tie that binds, we promise to bring you a fantastic bill of live performances & DJs.

We expect & hope that such an auspicious anniversary will attract past C* attendees who may have had to forgo more frequent "goth outings" due to the demands of work, children, etc, and not only the "old guard" but also the enthusiastic newer generation who do indeed keep goth going & give us "hope for a dark future." The current state of goth is definitely smaller than it once was, but the venues & events we plan are suited well towards a modestly-sized attendance.

Thank you very much for your consideration!!!

Most Sincerely,
Scary Lady Sarah, William Faith, JV the Evil Chemist, CarrieMonster, Jennifer, Moses

victorianrose23

Jun 15, 2013, 8:36:11 PM6/15/13
Oh man. This one looks awesome, too, and I LOVE Chicago. Decisions, decisions....

Tracy. a.k.a. Victorianrose23

Scary Lady Sarah

Jun 15, 2013, 9:05:41 PM6/15/13
On Saturday, June 15, 2013, victorianrose23 wrote:
> Oh man. This one looks awesome, too, and I LOVE Chicago. Decisions, >decisions....

Thank you for reading our proposal! :)

Cheers,
~SLS~

Winter

Jun 15, 2013, 11:26:45 PM6/15/13
On 6/15/13 8:04 PM, Scary Lady Sarah wrote:
> Greetings, alt.gothic!
>
> On behalf of the Chicago Convergence Twenty committee, we present, if you please, our proposal for your perusal; at your pleasure!
>
> "Convergence 20 Chicago: First & Last & Always"

Hail and well met, Scary Lady Sarah

I raise a glass of the finest whisky and toast your bid.

Yes, I'm co-chairing a competing bid.

But we are all friends here and may we each do our best.

If this were alt.callahans I'd toss my glass into the fireplace (meant
as a Good Thing). Since this is alt.gothic I'll pour myself another
instead.

Winter

Scary Lady Sarah

Jun 16, 2013, 3:16:26 PM6/16/13
Greetings, good sir!

Thank you for your gracious salutation and be assured that it is returned 20-fold from myself and all of the Chicago C20 committee! We are all sincere in our intentions to throw One Hell of a Great Party for our community so whatever the resulting locale, we look forward to converging for the festivities!

Cheers!!!
~SLS~