That awful handstamp!

Franklin Vincenzi

Dec 30, 1993, 5:36:46 AM12/30/93

For days after I go to a club, I carry the stamp that shows I've paid my
cover.

I am tired of looking like a piece of beef that has passed USDA inspection!

I hate it when people at work/school read my old stamp and smirk!

How does one remove this annoying little smudge from the skin?

Anyone?

correspondence to (fvin...@ewu.edu)
_____
/ \
| o o |
\ ^ /

digitar

Dec 30, 1993, 12:01:14 PM12/30/93
In article <2fuavu$j...@news.u.washington.edu>,

Franklin Vincenzi <f...@carson.u.washington.edu> wrote:

>For days after I go to a club, I carry the stamp that shows I've paid my
>cover.
>
>I am tired of looking like a piece of beef that has passed USDA inspection!
>
>I hate it when people at work/school read my old stamp and smirk!

This club I went to once had a stamp that said "FUCK". Try wearing that one to
work :)

--
( --------- | Watch out you boomers
.=## . ( Digitar dig...@io.org | the digital generation

Maria Ingold

Dec 30, 1993, 3:32:26 PM12/30/93
In <2fuavu$j...@news.u.washington.edu> f...@carson.u.washington.edu (Franklin Vincenzi) writes:

>How does one remove this annoying little smudge from the skin?
>
>Anyone?

One of those loofa sponges or those buff-pads (you know those
things that are supposed to remove layers and layers of skin :-) )
with soap and water works great. If that doesn't work try
alcohol (the rubbing kind, not the drinking kind -- save that for
drinking if it doesn't come off....)

Maria

Joerg Sauer

Dec 30, 1993, 8:52:20 PM12/30/93
Franklin Vincenzi (f...@carson.u.washington.edu) wrote:

> How does one remove this annoying little smudge from the skin?

Simple. With a brush. And maybe some soap.

Hope that helps,
Joerg

--
Joerg Sauer | j...@obelisk.muc.de
Obelisk System | Shit is good for you.

Josh

Dec 31, 1993, 9:34:04 AM12/31/93
>Franklin Vincenzi (f...@carson.u.washington.edu) wrote:
>
>> How does one remove this annoying little smudge from the skin?

Just popped into my head... why not plan in advance? Get a bottle of liquid
latex. Paint it on the back of your hand. Then after they stamp you, peel it
off. Extra bonuses: come back on nights they use the same color/stamp, and
slap that thing back on your wrist with spirit gum... get in for free. :)

Amusing thing to do would be.. if they check when you go up to the bar to buy
a drink, or whatever, hold up the latex piece like a floppy badge or something.
"Ah, yes. I accidentally tore the skin off the back of my hand, but I ah..
saved it for later."

Josh.
(Or try Elmer's Glue if you just want to keep the buggered stamp off.)
--
--------------------------------------------------*--------------------------
"do you ever have the strange sensation...when |

jC

Dec 31, 1993, 2:36:51 PM12/31/93
In article <2fuavu$j...@news.u.washington.edu>, f...@carson.u.washington.edu
(Franklin Vincenzi) wrote:

> For days after I go to a club, I carry the stamp that shows I've paid my
> cover.
>
> I am tired of looking like a piece of beef that has passed USDA inspection!

I tend to wear shoulder length gloves, so I usually get stamped on my
shoulder. This is easier to cover up the next day, but if/when it does
show, it leads stupid people to say, "What's your tatoo say?" Duh.

I've had good luck removing these pesky little things with lotion (I use
nutriderm) and/or cold cream -- rub it firmly with a cotton ball or two.
It really depends on the ink. Sometimes hairspray will remove them.
(Helpful hint: hairspray removes most ink from fabric, not that ink shows
on black.) Also, try nail polish remover that contains acetone. Soap and
water, scrubbed with a washcloth can be effective as well.

Good luck!

jC

Daniel Ouellette

Dec 31, 1993, 3:40:20 PM12/31/93
In article <2fuavu$j...@news.u.washington.edu>,
Franklin Vincenzi <f...@carson.u.washington.edu> wrote:
>I hate it when people at work/school read my old stamp and smirk!
>How does one remove this annoying little smudge from the skin?

Ohh, you're just looking at it from the wrong angle. You ought to look upon
the stamp as a status symbol that says "Look, I _have_ a life." :)
As for getting it off.... I don't think it's anything a couple drops of
nitric acid wouldn't be able to remove. Plus it would make you that much
more pale in that spot. :)
--
AlienSexFiend*Bauhaus*Curve*DepecheMode*Erasure*FrontLineAssembly*Gruesome- *
* Daniel Ouellette | "People need to be shocked" *

Andrew Bornyi

Dec 31, 1993, 5:35:35 PM12/31/93

My solution has always been to turn my hand palm up so that
they stamp my palm or inner wrist. It wears off very quicky,
especially if you wash it.

Eden

Dec 31, 1993, 8:26:01 PM12/31/93
In article <1993Dec31....@obelisk.muc.de>,

Joerg Sauer <j...@obelisk.muc.de> wrote:
>Franklin Vincenzi (f...@carson.u.washington.edu) wrote:
>
>> How does one remove this annoying little smudge from the skin?
>
>Simple. With a brush. And maybe some soap.
>
>Hope that helps,
> Joerg

i find that Ajax or Comet work wonders. If not working too well,
use it with a brush.
rog

VampLestat

Dec 31, 1993, 8:52:56 PM12/31/93
And digitar<dig...@ionews.io.org> spake unto the masses:

--
_O_ Ryan L. Watkins va...@csulb.edu i tried to tell her
| Academic Computing Services CSULB about marx and engels, god and angels
| pgp key available via finger i don't really know what for
aka VampLestat but she looked good in ribbons - som

Meteorology General

Jan 4, 1994, 3:35:43 AM1/4/94
>> For days after I go to a club, I carry the stamp that shows I've paid my
>> cover.

No, it shows your level of hygene is below par.

M D Jaques

Jan 5, 1994, 8:18:24 AM1/5/94
CHEESEGRATER!

H. Cummins

Jan 5, 1994, 12:58:07 PM1/5/94
somebody eloquently said...

>CHEESEGRATER!

my sentiments exactly... or amputation ...

holly->|wall
*h@o&l#l{y*

Raven

Jan 5, 1994, 11:33:05 PM1/5/94

> >CHEESEGRATER!
> my sentiments exactly... or amputation ...

Mmmmm... yum yum...

> holly->|wall
> *h@o&l#l{y*

Hmmmm... or so it seems... :)

Raven. (*drool* - think of all that *blood*)
"...names are as liquid as the blood that pounds in the veins of those
who are called..." -- Susan Kagan (vampirologist)