You "Goths" are FREAKS

veg_o...@hotmail.com

Mar 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/16/98

I just wanted to remind all of you gothics that you are freaks. Freaks unfit
for normal society. Big fat freaks. Big fat black wearin' vampire want to
bein' freaks.

Edvamp

Mar 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/16/98

>I just wanted to remind all of you gothics that you are freaks.

Hey, sounds like my daily affirmation. Looks like I won't need the mirror
today. Thanks.

>Freaks unfit
>for normal society.

Stop it, you're making me blush.

Ever and Always
Edvamp

GutterGoth

Mar 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/16/98

>I just wanted to remind all of you gothics that you are freaks. Freaks unfit
>for normal society. Big fat freaks. Big fat black wearin' vampire want to
>bein' freaks.

LMFAO! last time i checked, freaks were people with arms coming out of their
arses. maybe you should double-check on that, fatty :)

i just LOVE these posts!!

--

Katie

|==|==|==|==|==|==|==|==|==|==|==|==|==|==|==|==|==|
"I have head explody!!!" --JTHM
"Everybody's bonkers for me bum!" --Rocko!
gutte...@aol.com

The Purple Munchkin of Doom

Mar 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/16/98

Edvamp wrote:

> >Freaks unfit
> >for normal society.
>

> Stop it, you're making me blush.

Ed?

Don't feed the troll.

The Purple Munchkin of Doom

Alain Cislaghi

Mar 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/16/98

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998 06:55:05 -0600, veg_o...@hotmail.com wrote:

>I just wanted to remind all of you gothics that you are freaks. Freaks unfit
>for normal society. Big fat freaks. Big fat black wearin' vampire want to
>bein' freaks.

Bwahahahah! Shit! i'm trying to answer something, but i laff too much
to concentrate ennuf ;)

That's soooo hilarious, that, for once, i wont feed the... nah, its
not a troll! It cant be! I wont feed the bait who'd like to became a
troll. Remember the tale of the frog which wanted to became as big as
bull? ;)

I'm being nice :) *gentle wink*

Alain.
<Spoiled rotten slutty bratty Silly-butt>
*He's just a stereotype, he doesn't really exist*

Subbacultcha

Mar 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/16/98

veg_o...@hotmail.com wrote:

> I just wanted to remind all of you gothics that you are freaks. Freaks unfit
> for normal society. Big fat freaks. Big fat black wearin' vampire want to
> bein' freaks.

> http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

Blah.

-Subba "I ain't a damn goth anyway, I hate goth music, AND I wear
jeans" cultcha

ka...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca

Mar 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/17/98

veg_o...@hotmail.com wrote:
: I just wanted to remind all of you gothics that you are freaks. Freaks unfit
: for normal society. Big fat freaks. Big fat black wearin' vampire want to
: bein' freaks.

Hey, thanks. Haven't been complimented like that in a long time...

--
Glenn.
------

patticrass

Mar 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/17/98

ka...@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote in message
<6elkav$kiu$5...@news.sas.ab.ca>...

>veg_o...@hotmail.com wrote:
>: I just wanted to remind all of you gothics that you are freaks. Freaks
unfit
>: for normal society. Big fat freaks. Big fat black wearin' vampire want to
>: bein' freaks.

HEY
im not fat

patti crass
teehee

ErikLeNoir

Mar 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/17/98

> Freaks unfit for normal society.
In a society where the norm is bland, tasteless, rude, discriminatory...etc I
prefer to be labeled as odd or a freak because if people actually get to know
me they realize
"boy that fucker is messed up"
--no wait--
ahhh forget it

Erik

veg_o...@hotmail.com

Mar 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/17/98

> >: I just wanted to remind all of you gothics that you are freaks. Freaks
> unfit

> >: for normal society. Big fat freaks. Big fat black wearin' vampire want to
> >: bein' freaks.
>
> HEY
> im not fat
>
> patti crass
> teehee

Good job, patti...you understand the Troll game.

Nils Altenbach

Mar 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/18/98

patticrass wrote:

> HEY
> im not fat
>
> patti crass
> teehee

I'm not fat, either. I'm rather skinny, waify.
But black-wearing freak, well... :)

-- Lord BlackLight
http://www.ph-cip.uni-koeln.de/~abach/blacklight.html

GoPS3Mu5DJ2 THJtYdm PShPeR B20/20Bk!"1 cLBr-s8G)M( V6S
M3p1wD ZGoGoiPuPurTeiFadMeJaj C8ocp a22-(19) n5M b44 H175
g5T??9?A m)EaNo(@Z4 w7! v5RM r5E p7Z677Rd D87!* h5(TNr)
sM9M SsYn k5msp N1096CNWH RdM LdeNRW6

Sheila Marie

Mar 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/18/98
to veg_o...@hotmail.com

veg_o...@hotmail.com wrote:

> I just wanted to remind all of you gothics that you are freaks. Freaks unfit
> for normal society. Big fat freaks. Big fat black wearin' vampire want to
> bein' freaks.

Your point?
--
Sheila Marie
You need to add an i to my first name in order to reply directly to me.

Shawn K. Quinn - NO SOLICITING

Mar 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/18/98

In message <6ej7c9$ulb$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, veg_o...@hotmail.com
<veg_o...@hotmail.com> wrote:
| I just wanted to remind all of you gothics that you are freaks. Freaks unfit
| for normal society. Big fat freaks. Big fat black wearin' vampire want to
| bein' freaks.

Normally, I don't give this sort of thing the dignity of a
reply. However, it's 4 in the freaking morning here, my sleeping
schedule is entirely out of whack, and I am bored as hell. So I figure
I may as well come out and say this.

It is a sad state of affairs when things like this are commonplace;
when those who wish to dress and express themselves differently from
"normal people" are treated as "freaks." Something needs to be done to
combat this.

Anyway, I'd like to move toward a more positive goal than simply
rebuking a troll. I think if we formed national support groups or even
one large international support group (open to both goths and
non-goths who support the gothic lifestyle/subculture) it would become
harder for people to summarily treat us like we're some kind of
weirdos. Is something like this already going on?

Oh, FTR, I'm not really a goth per se but I am a definite supporter of
freedom of expression and freedom of speech for everyone, goths
included. (I have considered gothing out on a semi-regular basis but
there are problems that need to be resolved first.)

--
Shawn K. Quinn - skq...@brokersys.com - please consider visiting my
home page at http://purl.oclc.org/net/skquinn/personal

Urisk of the murky depths

Mar 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/18/98

(skq...@brokersys.com) Shawn K. Quinn - NO SOLICITING managed to
string the following words together:

> It is a sad state of affairs when things like this are commonplace;
> when those who wish to dress and express themselves differently from
> "normal people" are treated as "freaks." Something needs to be done to
> combat this.

It's the way humanity is, I think. Yeah, it's sad, but it's human
nature to herd together and shun outsiders, apparently. Those who
have the strength (or compulsion) to set themselves apart live with
the consequences.

But I have a feeling that alt.support.gothic isn't going to go over
too well. People build their own support groups of friends, clubs,
etc. I don't think any more can be done than that.

--
~^v^~ Urisk ~^v^~
~^v^~< MailTo:jab...@vgernet.net >~^v^~

ally...@k-online.com

Mar 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/18/98

Urisk of the murky depths wrote in message ...

>But I have a feeling that alt.support.gothic isn't going to go over
>too well. People build their own support groups of friends, clubs,
>etc. I don't think any more can be done than that.

whatever you do... dont call on TSM to help out... he couldnt even have the
compassion or patience with a kid of his own much less someone he hardly
knows... i swear, that boys kid'll probably kill itself in daycare.
-Lily... yeah, i'm pissy... i was led to believe he was interesting and i'm
let down... i hate getting excited and finding out the truth... hes a silly
parlor trick BLAH

las...@hotmail.com

Mar 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/18/98

In article <6ej7c9$ulb$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

veg_o...@hotmail.com wrote:

> I just wanted to remind all of you gothics that you are freaks. Freaks unfit
> for normal society. Big fat freaks. Big fat black wearin' vampire want to
> bein' freaks.

> http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

Veg,
you are a ignorant moron. What is you definition of "goth"? What is this
about "normal society"? Who actually wants to be part of such a thing? "Big
fat freaks"?...What the f*ck does that mean?

lasjay

las...@hotmail.com
UIN:6801710

CJS

Mar 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/18/98

ally...@k-online.com wrote:

> whatever you do... dont call on TSM to help out... he couldnt even have the
> compassion or patience with a kid of his own much less someone he hardly
> knows...

Funny.
I thought TSM had helped me out just fine.
I guess you just must not have been worth his time.

Imagine that.

Jealousy(you silly cunt.)

WitchWyrm

Mar 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/19/98

I just wanted to remind all of you gothics that you are freaks. Freaks unfit
for normal society. Big fat freaks. Big fat black wearin' vampire want to
bein' freaks.

Damn strait bubba boy, and proud of it.

Bet i'll amount to twice what you do.
i'll most likely be leaveing you a tip, or saying "yes i would like fries with
that" whenever i see ya.
WitchWyrm

TSM

Mar 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/19/98

In article <6eoiia$fhk$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, ally...@k-online.com wrote:

> Urisk of the murky depths wrote in message ...
>
> >But I have a feeling that alt.support.gothic isn't going to go over
> >too well. People build their own support groups of friends, clubs,
> >etc. I don't think any more can be done than that.
>

> whatever you do... dont call on TSM to help out... he couldnt even have the
> compassion or patience with a kid of his own much less someone he hardly

> knows... i swear, that boys kid'll probably kill itself in daycare.
> -Lily... yeah, i'm pissy... i was led to believe he was interesting and i'm
> let down... i hate getting excited and finding out the truth... hes a silly
> parlor trick BLAH

Eileen,
as per your request,
I cannot allow myself to respond to anything
allylily says in such a way that might result in a flamewar.

Assuming that the above is in "response" to the
private letter allylily sent me that I have yet to answer,
do me the service of telling her that I have
been unable to send anything private via Pine
for the past few days due to what is most likely
a mail server error on the small ISP my account exists on.
<I do not send private mail thru Geocities.>

If this is NOT in response to said letter,
do be so kind to tell her that while I'm willing
to let bygones be bygones in the one respect,
I will gleefully resume my previous line of discussion,
with absolutely -no- punches pulled,
if she insists on picking a fight with me.

You recognise the delicacy of her situation,
and you know full well how vicious I can be.

With that said,
do pass it along, please.

--TSM

=Kiss Kiss Bang Bang=

It is impossible to truly hate your
fellow man until you've worked retail.

veg_o...@hotmail.com

Mar 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/19/98

> Bet i'll amount to twice what you do. i'll most likely be leaveing you a
> tip, or saying "yes i would like fries with that" whenever i see ya.
> WitchWyrm

Well, here are a few 'tips' for you:

*Ease off on your morbid fantasy world.
*Recognize that acting and dressing the way you do, you'll NEVER get a decent
job. The rest of America wears business suits. Not black lipstick and manson
T-shirts.
*Understand that we 'creatures of the day' think you're all quite silly. For
proof of what most of America thinks, watch SNL.
*Note the fact that there are no 40 year old goths. this should serve as an
indication that they all either wised up, or died.
*Comprehend that the whole concept of vampires arises from the story of a two-
bit short-lived tyrant named Vlad. Not Anne Rice.
*Use what I call the Jenny Jones rule: If someone like you is repeatedly
featured on a Jenny Jones show culminating in a 'makeover', something is
wrong. You don't want to be that person.
*AND FINALLY: Get it into your head that wearing colors other than black does
not constitute the dreaded CONFORMITY. Joining the mainstream in appearance,
sleep patterns and attitudes regarding the drinking of blood for the purpose
of ataining eternal life does not mean that you have to sell your soul to Da'
Man. You can express yourself in myriad ways without making people wonder if
you are an AIDS patient.

Hugs and kisses,

Veg-O-Matic

Enchantress

Mar 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/19/98
writes

>I just wanted to remind all of you gothics that you are freaks. Freaks unfit
>for normal society. Big fat freaks. Big fat black wearin' vampire want to
>bein' freaks.

what is the definition of a freak? if the definition of freak is being
different to what others expect well then you are a freak in your own
life.
that is the nice message for you now here is the undelicate one. if you
dont mind i would prefer it if you kept your uneducated mind out of
things that you just dont fucking understand.
another thing is do you have some strange fetish about gothics and
others alike? because why have you subsribed if you hate us it must mean
that you are deep down inside you are jealous that we have the courage
to do just what we want and not what is expected of us.

--
Enchantress

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

"I know youre fucking someone else" - Type 'o' Negative

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

sk...@hevanet.com

Mar 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/19/98

I can't resist...

In article <6es2a2$f4p$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
veg_o...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Well, here are a few 'tips' for you:
>
> *Ease off on your morbid fantasy world.

Everyone is entitled to their own fantasies. Yours is that you are at
all superior to anyone on this list, shotgun.

> *Recognize that acting and dressing the way you do, you'll NEVER get a
decent
> job. The rest of America wears business suits. Not black lipstick and manson
> T-shirts.

One: I already have a more than decent job, thank you.

Two: The business suit's days are numbered. Mark my words.

Three: You've obviously mixed up the Spooky Kid sheep of Marilyn Manson
with Goths. This comes as a result of believing everthing the media tells
you. You need to do a little more research next time.

> *Understand that we 'creatures of the day' think you're all quite silly. For
> proof of what most of America thinks, watch SNL.

I'm glad to be informed that I should let television tell me what I
should think as an American. And what if I lived in Canada?

> *Note the fact that there are no 40 year old goths. this should serve as an
> indication that they all either wised up, or died.

Wrong. There _are_ 40 year old Goths. You just haven't met any of
them. This doesn't surprise me, since they probably wouldn't want to be
anywhere near you.

> *Comprehend that the whole concept of vampires arises from the story of a
two-
> bit short-lived tyrant named Vlad. Not Anne Rice.

Oh.

That's very nice.

So, who said anything about vampires?

> *Use what I call the Jenny Jones rule: If someone like you is repeatedly
> featured on a Jenny Jones show culminating in a 'makeover', something is
> wrong. You don't want to be that person.

Once again, I interpret this as: "If Jenny Jones says it's wrong, then
by God it must be wrong!" Once again letting TV dictate your life to you.
Why don't we just have Jenny Jones 'makeover' the whole planet, so we can all
meet the official seal of approval? Brilliant!!

> *AND FINALLY: Get it into your head that wearing colors other than black
does
> not constitute the dreaded CONFORMITY. Joining the mainstream in appearance,
> sleep patterns and attitudes regarding the drinking of blood for the purpose
> of ataining eternal life does not mean that you have to sell your soul to
Da'
> Man. You can express yourself in myriad ways without making people wonder if
> you are an AIDS patient.

I don't care about conformity; I only care about what I like. If I was
so worried about conforming, I wouldn't be choosing to wear the same color
that all these other "black-wearing freaks" wear, would I?
Sleep patterns? Whatever. I guess you would be assuming there that we
all stay out all night, and sleep in the day. Not true; but even if it were,
WHO CARES? Are you worried about my bathroom habits as well?
Attitudes regarding drinking of blood blah blah blah... etc. Again, WHO
SAID ANYTHING ABOUT VAMPIRES?
I've never been mistaken for an AIDS patient. But if I work hard enough
at it, I might achieve "that look"... oh, the anticipation!

Oh no, I might have shattered your stereotype there. Better go crawl
back under that rock you crawled out from under, or go back to watching TV.
Or whatever you do that's so much better than what we choose to do.

--SKot
"there was a half-off sale on troll food!"

BlackIce

Mar 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/19/98

Ahem.

All of you children, please play nicely with each other. Or at least try
not to burn all the furniture.

Bare minimum, keep things in the thread where they started so the rest of
us can avoid them.

Many thanks.

########################
me

ErikLeNoir

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

I know "dont feed the trolls" but....

>*Recognize that acting and dressing the way you do, you'll NEVER get a decent
>job. The rest of America wears business suits. Not black lipstick and manson
>T-shirts.

heh.
Ok first off most of of us dont like marilyn manson (bleh)
second. amongst the people I know in this scene there are computer techs
pulling 30000 at the age of 24, doctors, lawyers , and other respecable types
who still wear eyeliner to excess,
(Hell I expect to pullover 20000 this year, not bad for a 22 year old college
dropout philosophy/finearts major)
ever hear of Tim Burton?

>*Understand that we 'creatures of the day' think you're all quite silly. For
>proof of what most of America thinks, watch SNL

we think its funny too

>*Note the fact that there are no 40 year old goths. this should serve as an
>indication that they all either wised up, or died.

Or maybe because there was no gothic subculture before 1978?
And I know some 35+ year old goths, who will probably stay this way for a
looong time

>*Comprehend that the whole concept of vampires arises from the story of a
>two-
>bit short-lived tyrant named Vlad.Not Anne Rice.

wrong
The concept of vampires has been around for thousands of years
any civilized culture has had thier version of the vampire mythos
Anyway most of us DON'T obsess over anne rice books

>*Use what I call the Jenny Jones rule: If someone like you is repeatedly
>featured on a Jenny Jones show culminating in a 'makeover', something is
>wrong. You don't want to be that person.

read previous posts on subject :]

>*AND FINALLY: Get it into your head that wearing colors other than black does
>not constitute the dreaded CONFORMITY

-snip-

To quote a cereal commecial
"we do it 'cause we like it"

Now take your narrow minded, predjudicial......um..poop!and swill it with some
turpentine, you uneducated, fetid intestinal lining!

best wishes,
NGB

Edvamp

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

>*Recognize that acting and dressing the way you do, you'll NEVER get a decent
>job.

Thank god. Tried one of those. Didn't like it.

>The rest of America wears business suits.

Perhaps that's the problem right there. Many people here who have jobs
that don't require suits and nooses, like me, make a lot more money than most
of those slaves.

>*Understand that we 'creatures of the day' think you're all quite silly.

Trust me, when I am going home from a club or show at 5 am (where I don't
have to pay a cover because of my non-decent job) and I see all you people
going to work, the feeling is quite mutual.

>For
>proof of what most of America thinks, watch SNL.

You're using SNL in a social commentary on the state of the nation?
American education system is getting worse than I thought.

>*Note the fact that there are no 40 year old goths.

This is actually true. I know 39 year old goths and 42 year old goths.
What happened in those 2 years in between?

>You can express yourself in myriad ways without making people wonder if
>you are an AIDS patient.

And does one of your acceptable means of self expression include posting to
newsgroups of which you have no interest for no discernible purpose?

Ever and Always
Edvamp

Grimm

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998 15:22:13 -0600, veg_o...@hotmail.com did
decree:

Oh, ok. I feel the need to clear up some misconceptions :)

>Well, here are a few 'tips' for you:

>*Recognize that acting and dressing the way you do, you'll NEVER get a decent

>job. The rest of America wears business suits. Not black lipstick and manson
>T-shirts.

Really? Then why do we have so many people here who *have* decent
jobs. Just because we don't want to fall in line and become a number,
doesn't mean we don't have good jobs. How does having a 9-5, rank and
file job make you a winner? How is that a life?

The majority of the work force is slave labour, anyways. Think about
it...you chain yourself to a corporation for 40 years, then hope to
get released for good beheivior (pension). I don't see how *that*
makes one's life worthwile. Productive to society, maybe, but so
what? I think the goal of life is to *live*. To be with friends, to
love, to experience, to travel, to learn, to care. These are the
truely important things. That, and to be remembered when we leave.
Just my philosophy, anyways, but it works for me :)

And you're thinking of spooky kids, who worship Manson.

>*Understand that we 'creatures of the day' think you're all quite silly. For

>proof of what most of America thinks, watch SNL.

Hey, what a coincidence, we think Goth Talk is funny as well! Why do
you assume that we don't laugh at ourselves? Our stereotype is very
amusing to us. Besides, if you hadn't noticed, Azreal's all American,
typical highschool jock brother comes off much worse than us. So
there.

And why the fuck should we care what the rest of America thinks? The
moral majority thinks homosexuality should be outlawed. The moral
majority thinks drugs should be outlawed. The moral majority thinks
sex is evil (sort of). Gee....what was *I* thinking? Sign me up!

>*Note the fact that there are no 40 year old goths. this should serve as an
>indication that they all either wised up, or died.

Actually, you're quite incorrect. There are even some on this
newsgroup. There are even goths who are *gasp* parents!

>*Comprehend that the whole concept of vampires arises from the story of a two-
>bit short-lived tyrant named Vlad. Not Anne Rice.

You want alt.vampires, down the hall, second door to the left.

>*Use what I call the Jenny Jones rule: If someone like you is repeatedly
>featured on a Jenny Jones show culminating in a 'makeover', something is
>wrong. You don't want to be that person.

No, use what *I* call the Jenny Jones rule: Jenny Jones is a twit.
And one new member on the newsgroup was actually on one of the shows
(The very lovely Ari...welcome to the group, btw :) ), and has behind
the scenes knowledge of how Jenny manipulates the guests.

It's a disturbing portrait for the state of humanity when people are
basing their opinions on what talk show hosts think.

"When you say words a lot they don't mean anything. Or, maybe they don't mean anything anyways, and we just think they do."
-Delerium, Sandman(Brief Lives)
****Gothcode available on request**** ICQ:2546089
One of Marcus Pan's Babygoffs :)

Grimm

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

On 20 Mar 1998 01:21:15 GMT, edv...@aol.com (Edvamp) did decree:

>>*Note the fact that there are no 40 year old goths.
>

> This is actually true. I know 39 year old goths and 42 year old goths.
>What happened in those 2 years in between?

*sigh* It's true. Well, there is always *next* year

Nyx2323

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

>For<BR>

>proof of what most of America thinks, watch SNL

You get your opinions from Saturday Night Live!? Doesn't that make you the
freak?
-------

You'll never be alone in the bone orchard.
http:/members.aol.com/Nyx2323/index.html
Nyx

Nyx2323

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

>featured on a Jenny Jones show culminating in a 'makeover', something is<BR>
>>wrong. You don't want to be that person.<BR>

Why don't we do a gothic makeover of Jenny Jones?

WitchWyrm

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

>*Ease off on your morbid fantasy world.
>*Recognize that acting and dressing the way you do, you'll NEVER get a decent
>job. The rest of America wears business suits. Not black lipstick and manson
>T-shirts.
>*Understand that we 'creatures of the day' think you're all quite silly. For
>proof of what most of America thinks, watch SNL.

>*Note the fact that there are no 40 year old goths. this should serve as an
>indication that they all either wised up, or died.
>*Comprehend that the whole concept of vampires arises from the story of a
>two-
>bit short-lived tyrant named Vlad. Not Anne Rice.
>*Use what I call the Jenny Jones rule: If someone like you is repeatedly
>featured on a Jenny Jones show culminating in a 'makeover', something is
>wrong. You don't want to be that person.
>*AND FINALLY: Get it into your head that wearing colors other than black does
>not constitute the dreaded CONFORMITY. Joining the mainstream in appearance,
>sleep patterns and attitudes regarding the drinking of blood for the purpose
>of ataining eternal life does not mean that you have to sell your soul to Da'
>Man. You can express yourself in myriad ways without making people wonder if

>you are an AIDS patient.
>
>Hugs and kisses,
>
>Veg-O-Matic

>http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

Now for Reality.
Yes i actually to have a good paying job, and contrary to your limited and weak
minded beliefs i don't dress in maralyn mansoon garb(ever actually) or wear
black makeup. I've never had any trouble getting a job before (once even
turning in an app wearing black nail paint) and have actually been a fave of my
boss on a couple of ocasions due to my ability to get the job done. And no we
are not talking about Macdonalds or Wallmart, no I do electronic repair and
such, and as soon as college is fin (only 1 years) I'll have a position as an
Engineer.
So a-ha a-ha, (i love takeing these chances to rub this stuff in) Fact of the
matter seems to be that just because i don't sqeeze myself into the little hole
that "normal"(for wich no one can say for sure what "Normal" is) society has
limited themselfs to i am able to work as a productive part.

WitchWyrm
And before you get too quick to point a finger you may wanna look in the mirror
and look and who has let everyone but yourself decide who you are. "Oh my god,
can i do that? Will it be accepted?"

WitchWyrm

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

<<The rest of America wears business suits. Not black lipstick and manson
T-shirts.>>

I was also just going to mention, I know a whole lotta "Ska Punks" who wear
pin-striped suits all tha time. Does that make them phine upstanding citizens?

WitchWyrm
I couldn't help that one. he he

JackF

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

Nyx2323 <nyx...@aol.com> wrote in article
<199803200542...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

> >featured on a Jenny Jones show culminating in a 'makeover', something

is<BR>
> >>wrong. You don't want to be that person.<BR>
>
> Why don't we do a gothic makeover of Jenny Jones?

Been done already!
JackF<8P

Marcus Pan

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

> Well, here are a few 'tips' for you:

Ok, lessee asshole.

> *Ease off on your morbid fantasy world.

Really? I quite adore my AD&D campaign.

> *Recognize that acting and dressing the way you do, you'll NEVER get a decent

> job. The rest of America wears business suits. Not black lipstick and manson
> T-shirts.

Funny. First off, Manson isn't a goth band. Second, I happen to be the
head production engineer in marketing for the fourth larges comp
company. You're wrong.

> *Understand that we 'creatures of the day' think you're all quite silly. For
> proof of what most of America thinks, watch SNL.

For proof of how shitty SNL is, see it's rating from ten years ago and
compare them to now.

> *Note the fact that there are no 40 year old goths. this should serve as an
> indication that they all either wised up, or died.

Yes, there are.

> *Comprehend that the whole concept of vampires arises from the story of a two-
> bit short-lived tyrant named Vlad. Not Anne Rice.

We already know that.

> *Use what I call the Jenny Jones rule: If someone like you is repeatedly

> featured on a Jenny Jones show culminating in a 'makeover', something is

> wrong. You don't want to be that person.

Why not? Because some bitch makes money off of exploiting it? Bah.

> *AND FINALLY: Get it into your head that wearing colors other than black does
> not constitute the dreaded CONFORMITY. Joining the mainstream in appearance,
> sleep patterns and attitudes regarding the drinking of blood for the purpose
> of ataining eternal life does not mean that you have to sell your soul to Da'
> Man.

We don't believe blood brings life. Do some more research.

> Hugs and kisses,

Kicks in the ass,

P.S. You're a sheep. Baa-baa motherfucker.

--
===>Papa-PAN<===A.G.S-F USE===<http://www.zenweb.com/pan>
Adopter of lost BabyGoths...I *heart* Cymbeline & Hillary

Fecteau Mathieu

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

ally...@k-online.com wrote:
:
: -Lily... yeah, i'm pissy... i was led to believe he was interesting and

: i'm let down... i hate getting excited and finding out the truth... hes
: a silly parlor trick BLAH

And You, Lily, Seem To Be All Attitude With No Depth.

You Insult People And Act Like A Regular Martyr Never Once Realizing
How Hollow Your Words Become Once You've Replaced Content With Shameless
Posturing.

It's Sad Really Because I've Seen Some People I've Grown To Respect
Vouch For You (Namely, Eileen) Which, I Guess, Means That There Must Be
Something More Profound To You Than Half-Grade Venom And A Predictable
Culture Of Victimhood But I've Not Seen Proof Of It. And I Don't Think
I'm Alone In That Assessment.

If I Can Offer A Bit Of Advice, Maybe You Should Stop Playing The
Antagonist. The Role Doesn't Suit You And All It Can Bring You Is
Insults And Animosity.

_Casper The Drunken BitterGoff
Doomed!Doomed!Doomed!Doomed!

ally...@k-online.com

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

fect...@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA (Fecteau Mathieu) wrote:

<snip a TOTAL misunderstanding of the post that was commented on>

truthfully, i did not appreciate that... my post was not an insult... why you
want to further fight and argue with me, i do not know... i would appreciate
it if people would cease to think everything i say is a argumentative... when
i DID announce when something was out of sarcasm i was ostercised for it...
damned if i do and damned if i dont... but SERIOUSLY, PLEASE STOP! i beg
you... there is not reason to contiunue this.
thank you,
Lily

YES, i AM a psychotic bitch from hell... you can quote me on that - me
"Let's conjure up the devil, smoke crack with him and dance around the bible
fire!!!" - Drew Carrey
ICQ # 7111869

George Campbell

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998 veg_o...@hotmail.com wrote:

> I just wanted to remind all of you gothics that you are freaks. Freaks unfit
> for normal society. Big fat freaks. Big fat black wearin' vampire want to
> bein' freaks.

> http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

AHhahahahahahahaha!!!!!! You were bored, yes?

Sorry, had to come out of lurking for that one....

Bloodroses (using SO's account yet again..)

Sleepycat

Mar 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/20/98

Look, children, it's a _troll_ ...
It even asterisks it's "points". And it returns for seconds ...
I wonder if it will be friends with me ...

In article <6es2a2$f4p$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, veg_o...@hotmail.com wrote:

> *Ease off on your morbid fantasy world.

> *Recognize that acting and dressing the way you do, you'll NEVER get a decent
> job. The rest of America wears business suits. Not black lipstick and manson
> T-shirts.

A "decent job" is one that maintains your self-respect.
So what would you know about that?

> *Understand that we 'creatures of the day' think you're all quite silly.

And you get up at 7am. When it is cold.
And you go to bed before the kinky movies come on.
So who employed the word "silly"?

> *Comprehend that the whole concept of vampires arises from the story of a two-
> bit short-lived tyrant named Vlad. Not Anne Rice.

Nobody here mentioned vampires. Put those plastic fangs away before you
hurt yourself.

> *Use what I call the Jenny Jones rule: If someone like you is repeatedly
> featured on a Jenny Jones show culminating in a 'makeover', something is
> wrong. You don't want to be that person.

Better than a sycophant of Jenny Jones.

"If a crass cheapskate programme wants to entertain moronic rednecks by
normalising people like *us*, then something is wrong with *us*".

That is your logic. Ponder it carefully with the word "slave" in mind.
Get your head out of the idiot box, and your finger out of Pat Buchanan's ass.
Then come back and we'll admire your *development*.

> You can express yourself in myriad ways without making people wonder if
> you are an AIDS patient.

As can you without making people _certain_ that you are a terminal case of
subamoebic syphilitic dysentry crossed with cancerous redneckery of the
lower intestine and buried under the hair of Oscar off Sesame Street.

--
+ Kevin J. Bonham (Sleepycat) + CaffinGothCode98:AUiKba5baWaaaaaaHbaa87NwA
WYLPj_fobyhjsi11deaGa2e7fab5aaeaNtnemgqDaaGcbjAbb4GObrNbSbYLzFaaaaablauTAS

Nigel ttf

Mar 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/21/98

I just don't get it....come into someones domain to tell them
how you think they are all losers....hmm....How interesting
of a hobby, I beleive a psychatrist could barrage us with
a few dozen multi-sylable word to account for this. However,
for your sake Veg, I'll put it in laymens terms:

It is the hobby of a loser.

How else can you explain your actions, I mean I'd understand
if it was a businessman sneering to get around a gloom of
goths standing between him and his appointment, but to visit
their newsgroup? Please!
-MAHDHATTeR
"I tried to get in touch with my iner child but it ran away screaming 'BAD
TOUCH BAD TOUCH!'"
nigel t...@aol.com

Subbacultcha

Mar 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/21/98

Marcus Pan wrote:
*snip*

> > Hugs and kisses,
>
> Kicks in the ass,
>
> P.S. You're a sheep. Baa-baa motherfucker.
*snip*

Dammit, why does my browser never get me the original message until two
days after the fact?
I never get to draw first blood... this would've been SO much fun.

-Subba "Now I'm Feelin' Ostrasized!" cultcha

Post Script: Yes, I spelled that incorectly... shit, I thinc I spehld
THATT incerektlee two.

Fecteau Mathieu

Mar 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/21/98

ally...@k-online.com wrote:

: fect...@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA (Fecteau Mathieu) wrote:
: <snip a TOTAL misunderstanding of the post that was commented on>
:
: truthfully, i did not appreciate that... my post was not an insult...
: why you want to further fight and argue with me, i do not know... i
: would appreciate it if people would cease to think everything i say is a
: argumentative...

I Don't Pick Fights.

I Only Gave You My Honest Opinion And A Bit Of Advice. Do What You Want
With It, Learn What You Will From It. Personaly, I Couldn't Care Less.

Xandraius

Mar 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/24/98

Sleepycat wrote:

> Look, children, it's a _troll_ ...
> It even asterisks it's "points". And it returns for seconds ...
> I wonder if it will be friends with me ...

Sleepy cat, I wonder how many of these Trolls know the number of us that are ISP
geeks. Time for a new poll...

--
-=Xandraius Wormwood, SPAMKILLER-AGSF First StrikeTactical Unit=-
Screw mercy and kindness. Indifference, now that is entertainment

sebadoh33

Mar 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/24/98

las...@hotmail.com wrote:

> In article <6ej7c9$ulb$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

> veg_o...@hotmail.com wrote:
> >
> > I just wanted to remind all of you gothics that you are freaks.
> Freaks unfit
> > for normal society. Big fat freaks. Big fat black wearin' vampire
> want to
> > bein' freaks.

why are you trying to judge a group of people that you do not know very
much about. i consider myself goth and i seem to be in "normal society".
so what if someone wants to wear black.

RHS Linux User

Mar 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/24/98

*ok I am about to open the bag of troll food*

veg_o...@hotmail.com wrote:

: > Bet i'll amount to twice what you do. i'll most likely be leaveing you a

: > tip, or saying "yes i would like fries with that" whenever i see ya.
: > WitchWyrm

: Well, here are a few 'tips' for you:

: *Ease off on your morbid fantasy world.
?? what fantasy world? Take a look around buddy, the world is not all
wine and roses. I would suggest you "ease off" on your fantasy.

: *Recognize that acting and dressing the way you do, you'll NEVER get a decent

: job. The rest of America wears business suits. Not black lipstick and manson
: T-shirts.

Hey gotta agree on the manson t-shirt thing. As for the rest though,
lets look around quick. I am sitting in a nice big cube, 2 desks
a dec alpha on one side of me, and pentium 200 on the other side,
a nice notebook next to me, ohh the T1 router on top of my monitor.
Yea, I have a "real" job. Now what am I wearing today, nice pointy shoes
nice black cotton dress pants and a nice black rayon shirt. So what I think
you really ment to say was, "everyone should be uncomfortable just like me"
well I dont need to be uncomfortable at work. People pay big bucks for what I
know. I drive a new car I upgrade my home machine every 9 months. Look around
the rest of amreica does not wear buisness suits. They just want you to think
you should.
: *Understand that we 'creatures of the day' think you're all quite silly. For

: proof of what most of America thinks, watch SNL.

yea whatever we watch it also, its funny stuff. We unlike you have a
sence of humor.
: *Note the fact that there are no 40 year old goths. this should serve as an

: indication that they all either wised up, or died.

hmm funny, I know a bunch of them, I remember when they were 30 year old
goths. Give me 10 years and I will be a 40 year old goth.

: *Comprehend that the whole concept of vampires arises from the story of a two-

: bit short-lived tyrant named Vlad. Not Anne Rice.

Hey, In Romania he is a Hero, tyrrant my ass. He killed an awfull lot of
turks. He and a few other brave men like him save Europe from the turks.
It seems your understanding of history, is as poor as your understanding
of the goths. So what is it that you do understand?

: *Use what I call the Jenny Jones rule: If someone like you is repeatedly

: featured on a Jenny Jones show culminating in a 'makeover', something is
: wrong. You don't want to be that person.

: *AND FINALLY: Get it into your head that wearing colors other than black does

: not constitute the dreaded CONFORMITY. Joining the mainstream in appearance,
: sleep patterns and attitudes regarding the drinking of blood for the purpose
: of ataining eternal life does not mean that you have to sell your soul to Da'

: Man. You can express yourself in myriad ways without making people wonder if

: you are an AIDS patient.

wow, again he shots he misses. I wear clothing that makes me comfortable.
Plain and simple, I could give two shits what Joe Buisness dickwad thinks.
Whan I get someplace that is having problems with a crappy firewall or a down
t1, if they dont like my appeance they can spend a week or two finding someone
else that can actually do the work. Well so far I havnt had that happen,
they also could give two shits what I am wearing. Note: I do not wear
my t-shirts advocating the enjoyment of satan at work, that would
be in poor taste. Again you seem to think we are all vampire freeks
I would like to take this moment to point out that alt.vampire is around
the corner and two doors down. Though some people hare are into
vampire lit. not all of us are. As for drinking blood again I would
probably be pretty safe in saying that just about none of us are into
that sort of stuff. Just like when I was wearing a suit to work every
day for another company. My suit loving boss turned out to be really
into having his girlfreind piss on him. Should we assume that since he
liked wearing a suit to work every day and being pissed on by his GF
that you like it also? Ohh wait you are trolling in A.G .
As for selling ones soul to da man, doing the wolf in sheeps clothing
thing can be really fun. People are so much easier to subvert when you
look like one of them. But thats just me. Really it all comes down
to freedom, I am free from having to look a certain way. I am free
to think what I want to. I make my own decisions. Who makes yours?
An Ad agency on Madison Ave? You should try doing what you like for a while
you will find it very rewarding. Imagine not having to follow the other sheep
off the cliff. Of course its kind of scary at first your sheep freinds
will be scared of you when they see you making decisions for yourself.
They will think you are a freek, only a freek does as he/she wants.
So, being thin, healthy, and unsunburnt makes people look like they
have aids? I am really not sure how that could happen. Ohh well
at least when I am 50 I wont look like Babe Ruth's first baseball glove.
I wont have skin cancer either. Ahhh, I get it now no tumors=aids patient,
is that the logic?

ohh well, troll elsewhere. If you want to talk talk, but running
around attempting to insult people hardly makes you look like a reasonable
person.

: Hugs and kisses,

: Veg-O-Matic

Bryan Brady

Mar 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/25/98

> >*Ease off on your morbid fantasy world.
Why /ever/ would I want to do something like that? Have you looked out
the window at what the real world is like? *shiver* ;)

> >*Recognize that acting and dressing the way you do, you'll NEVER get a decent
> >job. The rest of America wears business suits. Not black lipstick and manson
> >T-shirts.

I don't have a decent job? Hm. 20. No college degree. Systems
Engineer for a Nuclear Medicine company. In fact, I'm wearing a shirt
and tie right now. But when I get home, damn straight I'm going to peel
off the shirt, and hop into my comfy velvet somethings. And the entire
rest of America doesn't wear business suits. Heard of this latest
concept, called 'Business casual'? Wow, concept.
And if I ever wear a Manson shirt, just shoot me. Please. Repeatedly.

> >*Understand that we 'creatures of the day' think you're all quite silly. For
> >proof of what most of America thinks, watch SNL.

That's okay. We 'creatures of the night' think you're all quite boring.
Melodrama is the spice of life, and most of us love Goth Talk, we think
it's hilarious.

> >*Note the fact that there are no 40 year old goths. this should serve as an
> >indication that they all either wised up, or died.

Hah! I /know/ 40 year old Goths. I know a 50 year old Goth, too. So
nyah nyah. And besides, things such as this /are/ for the young,
really. Or at least the young at heart. If I ever get to be as
condescending and limited as you....well, see above regarding Manson
shirts.

> >*Comprehend that the whole concept of vampires arises from the story of a
> >two-
> >bit short-lived tyrant named Vlad. Not Anne Rice.

Sigh. Really? It does? All those legends across various cultures,
including those that had no contact with Vlad... they arose from it?
And the legend of vampires came from long before that, twit.

> >*Use what I call the Jenny Jones rule: If someone like you is repeatedly
> >featured on a Jenny Jones show culminating in a 'makeover', something is
> >wrong. You don't want to be that person.

I don't want to use /anything/ regarding Jenny Jones as a rule for my
life.

> >*AND FINALLY: Get it into your head that wearing colors other than black does
> >not constitute the dreaded CONFORMITY.

Nope, it doesn't. But I look good in black, and I also like it.

Joining the mainstream in appearance,
> >sleep patterns and attitudes regarding the drinking of blood for the purpose
> >of ataining eternal life does not mean that you have to sell your soul to Da'
> >Man.

Of course not. I work 8-5, sleep at nights, have a 'conservative'
haircut, and I've never drunk blood with the intention of attaining
eternal life, I just like the taste. Joining the 'mainstream' is
completely different than 'looking' like the mainstream. Me? I'll
never be 'mainstream'. My lifestyle and personal views prohibit it.
But I can certainly exist. When in Rome...fiddle when it burns.
But you, my good sir, have no clue of what you're speaking of. You make
a statement such as this after you've just condemned, admittedly most of
the misconceptions, our choices. Twit. Sigh.

> You can express yourself in myriad ways without making people wonder if
> >you are an AIDS patient.

I've never been mistaken for an AIDS patient....

> >Hugs and kisses,
> >
> >Veg-O-Matic
Whips and velvet lashes.

-Bryan. Who has a long day installing computer systems across New
England for more money than you probably make, and then is going to go
home, put on the silk boxers and velvet somethings, curl up with some
Baileys and This Mortal Coil, and pass out, having laughable dreams
about you.

the_orchids

Mar 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/25/98

Bryan Brady wrote in message <6fb5no$lfh$1...@gte2.gte.net>...

hehe, just try living near seattle, there's alot of "older" goths
here in the northwest and most of them are really cool people
whom i have alot of respect for, often times they are alot
friendlier than the overly pretentious younger scenesters around
here.
i've had a few jobs where i've had to wear suits (i actually
like wearing a tie to work) but i still think the same way and
frankly i don't think that the way you dress for work makes you
any less "gothic", in fact i used to work in a huge office
building in tacoma and most of the people in my department
actually thought i looked pretty good in a black suit and tie
with my pointy shoes sticking out from under my dress slacks :)
truly,
s. daniel

"love will save you from all the lies your lover told, but it
won't save me"
-SWANS

Spook1385

Mar 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/26/98

> "the_orchids" <the_o...@innocent.com>

(snip)

>most of the people in my department
>actually thought i looked pretty good in a black suit and tie
>with my pointy shoes sticking out from under my dress slacks :)

Now that's class baby!

::grins::
You and me gotta sit and have a couple drinks sometime.. :)
Btw, before I forget.. update on the plane tickets/travel discount for our
little Oregon/Washington group trip to C4?

Rogue
Time's fingers close, i'm losing hold....
The world would be a better place without people..go kill yourself please.
Order and Chaos can only coexist..neither is absolute
One of Papa Pan's black clad lil children *adjusts halo*

Nyx2323

Mar 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/26/98

>>most of the people in my department
>>actually thought i looked pretty good in a black suit and tie
>>with my pointy shoes sticking out from under my dress slacks :)

Are we sure this guy isn't mafia?
-------

http:/members.aol.com/Nyx2323/index.html

the_orchids

Mar 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/26/98

Spook1385 wrote in message
<199803261451...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...
>> "the_orchids" <the_o...@innocent.com>
>
>(snip)

>>most of the people in my department
>>actually thought i looked pretty good in a black suit and tie
>>with my pointy shoes sticking out from under my dress slacks :)
>

>Now that's class baby!
>
>::grins::
>You and me gotta sit and have a couple drinks sometime.. :)
>Btw, before I forget.. update on the plane tickets/travel
discount for our
>little Oregon/Washington group trip to C4?

i'll email ya in the next couple days, my computer's being kinda
freaky with my email software, i need to reinstall. i may have
another person who wants to go with us.
if your mom decides to cut off your internet access try to warn
me ahead of time so i can still contact you on the plane tix
thingy.
truly,
s. daniel

the_orchids

Mar 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/26/98

Nyx2323 wrote in message
<199803261706...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...

>>>most of the people in my department
>>>actually thought i looked pretty good in a black suit and tie
>>>with my pointy shoes sticking out from under my dress slacks
:)

>Are we sure this guy isn't mafia?
>-------

well, i do know a guy named mitch from atlantic city who works in
a casino but.........

veg_o...@hotmail.com

Mar 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/27/98

Methinks the goth freak doth protest too much...

jasmin...@hotmail.com

Mar 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/27/98

In article <6fb5no$lfh$1...@gte2.gte.net>,

hol...@gte.net wrote:

> > >*Ease off on your morbid fantasy world.
> Why /ever/ would I want to do something like that? Have you looked out
> the window at what the real world is like? *shiver* ;)
>
> > >*Recognize that acting and dressing the way you do, you'll NEVER get a
decent
> > >job. The rest of America wears business suits. Not black lipstick and
manson
> > >T-shirts.
21. Computer programmer, web designer, and college student. I make more
money than my mom, and my job isn't even full-time. No MM tshirts (but I am
partial to my black trench coat) and I don't even wear makeup. Nope, *sigh* I
guess I will never amke it out in the real world, like you... I know how
stimulating a job at McDonald's is... *EG* Anyway, even if I did wear a
business sit (I don't have anything that remaotely resembles one, unless you
count a black denim 2 piece), I still would kick back, wear my red (I love
red) and black, my velvet and silk. I find it much more comfortable and a
hell of alot more flattering... And as for the "real" world, I am quite
well-grounded in it. Besides, I think you are just jealous. You know, one of
those outside looking in kind of things...

Jasmyn

perfect little dream the kind that hurts the most forgot how it feels well
almost most always the same no one to blame
open my eyes wake up
in flames it took you to make me realize it
took you to make me see
the light smashed up my sanity smashed up
integrity smashes up all
that i believed in smashed up what's left
of me smashed up my
everything smashed up all that was true
gonna smash myself to pieces i
don't know what else to do covered with
hope and vaseline still
cannot fix this broken machine watching the
hole used to be mine just
watching it burn in my steady systematic
decline of the trust i will
betray give it to me i throw it away after
everything i've done i hate my
self for what i've become i tried i gave
up throw it away - NIN

Elocutu...@hotmail.com

Mar 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/27/98

In article <6fg833$o7i$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

veg_o...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Methinks the goth freak doth protest too much...

And methinks that, if you attributed what you were talking about, you
wouldn't get thwapped so often.

*Thwap*

--Elocutus

Elocutu...@hotmail.com

Mar 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/27/98

In article <6fgga3$vhl$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

jasmin...@hotmail.com wrote:

> > Why /ever/ would I want to do something like that? Have you looked out
> > the window at what the real world is like? *shiver* ;)

> decent
> manson
> 21. Computer programmer, web designer, and college student. I make more
> money than my mom, and my job isn't even full-time. No MM tshirts (but I am
> partial to my black trench coat) and I don't even wear makeup.

And which part of corporate America are you looking at? I've spent the last
five years wrangling code at Fortune 500s and the only people I ever see
wearing suits are--well--the suits-middle to upper management. The only time
I ever wear a tie is for job interviews and funerals.

There are plenty of high-paying jobs out here that will hire you if you have
the skill, regardless of what you wear and how many visible piercings you've
got. The solution is not to change your clothes, it's to decide what kind of
life you want and get the skills necessary to achieve it.

--Elocutus
(who just came very colse to giving his first "cheer up" speech on alt.gothic

JohnnyV

Mar 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/28/98

Elocutu...@hotmail.com shrieked & flapped about life:

> There are plenty of high-paying jobs out here that will hire you if you have
> the skill, regardless of what you wear and how many visible piercings you've
> got. The solution is not to change your clothes, it's to decide what kind of
> life you want and get the skills necessary to achieve it.

I just popped back on a.g, so forgive me if some of this is already
mentioned.

Like you said, It does depend on the type of job you have. I can't see
lawyers dressing in pvc pants to court. You do have to decide whether
selling out your fashion is more important than than selling out your
dream. I personally would rather dress in "normal wear" to go to a job I
love than to wear "freak wear" to a job I hate. It's a personal chioce.

But with the money you make, you can afford some really kick ass clothes
and take weekend flights to goth events in other cities. I think the
return is well worth the sacrifice.

For me to discard my dreams for the privilage to wear freaky clothes
would be to sell out my dream of being a scientist in some cases, where
it's one or the other.

Luckily, chemists don't adhere to Corporate fashion standards. Imagine
leaning over and putting your tie into a beaker of HCl? There's a chemist
on a.g.f who routinely wears rubber dresses to work, b/c they are highly
chemical resistant <at least that's what she tells her boss.>

Chemists command very nice salaries, btw.

jv

veg_o...@hotmail.com

Mar 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/28/98

> > Methinks the goth freak doth protest too much...
>
> And methinks that, if you attributed what you were talking about, you

> wouldn't get thwapped so often.

It occurs to me you don't know what the word "attribute" means.
*YAWN* you sinister creatures of the netherword bore me.
One bit of parting advice: 90% of you could use some SERIOUS spelling lessons.

Edvamp

Mar 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/28/98

>One bit of parting advice:

This would imply you are leaving and never coming back.. Anyone wanna take
that bet?

Ever and Always
Edvamp

tee...@spamtrap.com

Mar 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/30/98

veg_o...@hotmail.com wrote:

:> > Methinks the goth freak doth protest too much...

:>
:> And methinks that, if you attributed what you were talking about, you

:> wouldn't get thwapped so often.

: It occurs to me you don't know what the word "attribute" means.
: *YAWN* you sinister creatures of the netherword bore me.

: One bit of parting advice: 90% of you could use some SERIOUS spelling lessons.

Slight suggestion.... If you want to make a spelling flame without looking
like a total idiot, don't misspell 'netherworld'.

Oops. Too late.

Elocutu...@hotmail.com

Mar 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/30/98

In article <6fiolb$tgc$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,

veg_o...@hotmail.com wrote:

> > > Methinks the goth freak doth protest too much...
> >
> > And methinks that, if you attributed what you were talking about, you
> > wouldn't get thwapped so often.
>
> It occurs to me you don't know what the word "attribute" means.
> *YAWN* you sinister creatures of the netherword bore me.
> One bit of parting advice: 90% of you could use some SERIOUS spelling
lessons.

The word is "netherworld."

--Elocutus