Gothic reeses (was August in Austin)

Count Von Sexbat

Jul 19, 1994, 3:13:05 AM7/19/94
In article <30e5s6$9...@charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
jrmc...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu "John R McCluskey" writes:

>>A Shopping List:
>>
>> n bottles of Aquanet Extreme Hold (orange label)
>> 1 ammo box
>Customs agents may have a problem with this. Perhaps if Nic were to dress in
>as a Catholic priest...

Not as much problem as I had with my (ex-)belt which looks like a full
box of ammo when folded and in a bag which is being x-rayed.

>> 1 fisher price camcorder
>
>Ah! I have searched in vain for one of these for a *long* time. Very good
>luck finding one, sir, as they are no longer manufactured or stocked. Most
>unfortunate. I will for the record state that I'll pay $75US for one in
>working order. =)

I wonder if any children got their hands on one?

>> 1 pony
>
>Shades of Lisa Simpson?...

who?

>> 1 empty carton of full fat dairy milk (just to prove that they exist)
>
>Of course. This _is_ America we're talking..

When we were in NY, we couldn't find full fat milk, full fat butter, or
even full fat lard.

>> Hell is...
>> Somewhere on the M25

>Is this a Megazone 23 Reference, or a traffic warning for when I come to
>London?

The later.

/\../\
Sexbat

___ |\_/| ___ | Yea, though I walk through the Valley of Death
/ \_ |. .| _/ \ | I will fear no evil....
/ \/ \/ \ | 'cause I'm the meanest bastard in the valley!
/sex...@batt.demon.co.uk\ |--------------------------------------------------
\/\/\/\ _______ /\/\/\/ | TaB 2.0 Status: Complete
\/ \/ | Tab 1.0 avail. ftp.maths.tcd.ie ~pub/music/gothic

Raven

Jul 19, 1994, 11:56:29 AM7/19/94
In article <774601...@batt.demon.co.uk>, sex...@batt.demon.co.uk (Count Von Sexbat) writes:
> In article <30e5s6$9...@charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
> jrmc...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu "John R McCluskey" writes:
> >> 1 pony
> >Shades of Lisa Simpson?...
>
> who?

Lisa Simpson... the daughter in the cartoon family 'The Simpsons'...
Popular american TV show... Lisa is about 11(?) years old and longs for her
own pony...
Raven.(no, I don't watch the show...
-- I *don't* have a TV...)
"...names are as liquid as the blood that pounds in the veins of those
who are called..." -- Susan Kagan (vampirologist)

"We want to take it all in, for one last time, we want to eat the
world with our eyes." -- Margaret Atwood

Nic Gibson

Jul 20, 1994, 2:03:34 PM7/20/94
yIn article <30e5s6$9...@charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>

jrmc...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu "John R McCluskey" writes:

> > n bottles of Aquanet Extreme Hold (orange label)
> > 1 ammo box
> Customs agents may have a problem with this. Perhaps if Nic were to dress in
> as a Catholic priest...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How DID he know?

Nic
(Now find me a choir boy)
--
Strange fruit hanging from the poplar tree.

Tyson F Nuss

Jul 21, 1994, 12:04:49 AM7/21/94
From article <30e5s6$9...@charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>, by jrmc...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (John R McCluskey):
>>In article <774140...@skin.demon.co.uk>, N...@skin.demon.co.uk "Nic Gibson" writes:

>>>Alternatively, anyone in London want anything from Austin,... (we'll pretend
>>>that Sexbat doesn't want me to bring him back Reeses, shall we).

> Oh, you have a weakness for Reeses(tm), eh? ;) Actually I heard on the beeb
> the other day (BBC, that is) that apparently the dentists in the UK are
> attempting to drum up some tax on sweets? (serious) You folks spend more on
> sweets than veggies; understandeable, I should think. Perhaps we should begin
> to consider some Reeses for CD's trade that could be mutually beneficial. :)
> (Sound of John waggling a Reeses packet ;) )

...speaking of Reese's, there's a definite vampire connection here.
Anyone see their TV commercials about various peoples' favourite ways to
eat a Reese's? The best one had a voice-over in full-Dracula accent
saying, "I like to eat the middle first", then showing an intact Reese's
cup with two two fang marks. Then, they break the chocolate cup in two
to show that all the peanut-butter filling has been sucked out.

%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%\%
___ A "Monseignore Laszlo C. Tinker, esq." las...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu
| | {*} Redhead Afficionado Extraordinaire *AND*
| | __V__ Little Canadia's Minister of Fine Tobacco Products
|_|o_|%%%|0_ Cigaret brands sampled: 103 import/luxury, 23 handrolling
| | UPDATED SMOKELIST WITH RATINGS AVAILABLE ON FINGER!
| | "A hobby, not a habit - smoke less and enjoy it more!"
|_______| -----> Can anyone bum me a .sig?

John R McCluskey

Jul 21, 1994, 4:44:04 PM7/21/94
Count Von Sexbat <sex...@batt.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>>A Shopping List:

>>> 1 pony
>> Shades of Lisa Simpson?...
> who?

Bart's younger sister on the Simpsons. The Simpsons, BTW, is some of the most
skillfully crafted, wonderfully insipid criticism of American pop culture to
have ever appeared on TV..which is somewhat paradoxical, since it's so popular.
=) If you haven't seen any, you simply must. I'd be glad to tape some for
you; my friend has a PAL VCR.

>When we were in NY, we couldn't find full fat milk, full fat butter, or
>even full fat lard.

Reasonable, since the only thing about are hundreds of mom & pop type stores.
I'm afraid you'd have to go to a grocery store. I'd be glad to mail you those
as well, except that they wouldn't be good for much after the journey, except
for my world famous botchulism surprise.

John

what ever became of your Gothic work-out video, BTW?

Count Von Sexbat

Jul 24, 1994, 3:41:17 AM7/24/94
In article <30mmmk$q...@charm.magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>

jrmc...@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu "John R McCluskey" writes:

>>When we were in NY, we couldn't find full fat milk, full fat butter, or
>>even full fat lard.
>
>Reasonable, since the only thing about are hundreds of mom & pop type stores.
>I'm afraid you'd have to go to a grocery store. I'd be glad to mail you those
>as well, except that they wouldn't be good for much after the journey, except
>for my world famous botchulism surprise.

Thanks, but it's ok, as we can get full fat dairy milk (not that you'd
catch me using cow-squirt for anything other than roux sauces and frosties)

>what ever became of your Gothic work-out video, BTW?

See TaB2.0 (When it actually comes out) for further information.

Kyle Cassidy

Jul 27, 1994, 1:30:01 AM7/27/94

> > Oh, you have a weakness for Reeses(tm), eh? ;) Actually I heard on the beeb

okay, any english goths want to swap me some marmite for some reeces?