Interior Paint?

1 view

SILVER G69

Jul 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/4/99
I am redoing my room. I had an idea for Powder Silver walls, and stenciled
Burgundy and Black stars as a border. My room has about 10 walls, and is oddly
shaped. I have looked at a lot of swatches, and at a few stores for a good
silver, but most are too dark, or too chrome colored. I want a silver, meaning
metallic, not a gray like most manufactures seem to think. Anyone out there
seen a good paint in a powdered silver? Please let me know. I'm in the
Atlanta area.

Thnx.

~*~Gin Bear~*~
Contact me at SILVER G...@aol.com
ICQ-12397199
Aim-Sinsgrrl

LadyRaeven

Jul 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/4/99
Gin Bear sez:
>Anyone out there
>seen a good paint in a powdered silver? Please let me know. I'm in the
>Atlanta area.

Hmm... I don't know about in Atlanta, but a few places around Seattle do custom
color matching... So if you find an object or a nail polish or something,
they can custom match it. I don't know if they could make it metallic
though... I would assume they could.

Not being too helpful... Best of luck though!
~ Adrianna ShadowDancer ~
http://members.aol.com/LadyRaeven/

"Screw Chemistry. Let's go get some food."

B0und4u

Jul 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/4/99
Hello there...

As to the question of silver paint.... Maybe this would be too much, but you
could try one of the following....

Use aluminum foil like wall[paper or use mylar sheeting the same way. Or paint
the walls black and do stars in the silver mylar or aluminum foil..

Witth Kindest Regards...

Lace

Basingstoke

Jul 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/4/99
SILVER G69 wrote:

> I am redoing my room. I had an idea for Powder Silver walls, and stenciled
> Burgundy and Black stars as a border. My room has about 10 walls, and is oddly
> shaped. I have looked at a lot of swatches, and at a few stores for a good
> silver, but most are too dark, or too chrome colored. I want a silver, meaning
> metallic, not a gray like most manufactures seem to think. Anyone out there

> seen a good paint in a powdered silver? Please let me know. I'm in the
> Atlanta area.

powdered silver? I don't know what you men by that.

But, spray paint comes in silver. It would take a horrendously long
time to cover your walls in it, but if you're really set on the idea
that might be your best bet.

Another option would be to paint the walls gray, then do spraypaint
silver spirals or some other pattern over that. The bathroom upstairs
in my co-op is done like that and looks *incredible*.

Just make sure to wear breathing protection! The woman who painted the
upstairs bathroom didn't, and she chemically burned her lungs!

Basinke

SILVER G69

Jul 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/4/99
You must have read my mind. My walls at this moment are covered with tin foil,
and sprayed painted with black and burgundy. I'm just looking for a more
perment look. I hate having to re tape day after day after day.

Thnx for the help.

Ann d'Abiose

Jul 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/4/99

SILVER G69 <silv...@aol.com> wrote in message

>Anyone out there seen a good paint in a powdered silver? Please let me
know. I'm in the
> Atlanta area.

That's funny, I'm in Atlanta and yesterday (the 3rd) we bought at Home Depot
a true gold interior latex paint (I'm going for the Baroque, Rococo deco),
so go look at the Ralph Lauren paint there, they have true silver one too.

Good luck with your deco :^)
--
Ann d'Abiose
http://home.earthlink.net/~abiose

Ladybee

Jul 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/4/99
SILVER G69 wrote:

> I am redoing my room. I had an idea for Powder Silver walls, and stenciled
> Burgundy and Black stars as a border. My room has about 10 walls, and is oddly
> shaped. I have looked at a lot of swatches, and at a few stores for a good
> silver, but most are too dark, or too chrome colored. I want a silver, meaning
> metallic, not a gray like most manufactures seem to think.

Ralph Lauren does a metallicky silver, shiny, not grey. It's not cheap,
but it probably *is* what yr looking for. Also, it looks way better if
applied w/a brush instead of a roller.

--
Rachel E. Pollock...<lad...@tartblossom.com>...DJ Lady Bathory
pvc, petticoat: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/djladybee

Tom Sulston

Jul 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/4/99
SILVER G69 wrote:

> I am redoing my room. I had an idea for Powder Silver walls, and stenciled
> Burgundy and Black stars as a border. My room has about 10 walls, and is oddly
> shaped. I have looked at a lot of swatches, and at a few stores for a good
> silver, but most are too dark, or too chrome colored. I want a silver, meaning
> metallic, not a gray like most manufactures seem to think. Anyone out there

> seen a good paint in a powdered silver? Please let me know. I'm in the
> Atlanta area.

Most of the silver paint I know if is little pots of artist's gunk.
Although, if you can afford it, car spary paint should work - and
there's bound to be at least one in silver. Might be a bit expensive
though. :(

Sounds like a good scheme - let us know how it goes! :)

--
--------------Mr_Tom @ #agf--------------
bs...@csv.warwick.ac.uk ICQ 31612067

Sparky

Jul 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/4/99

> Ralph Lauren does a metallicky silver, shiny, not grey. It's not cheap,
> but it probably *is* what yr looking for. Also, it looks way better if
> applied w/a brush instead of a roller.

Yup, RL has a lovely line of metallics, expensive though. I've used the
Gold on my front hallway (with black over that and then crackled), and the
Silver for the ceiling of my art room. I think RL bright gold looks better
than any other gold I've tried -- it's a rich, true, yellowy gold and not
a greenish, plasticky gold (like Krylon spray paint gold -ugh ). It
covered in one coat, and looks great on picture frames & other small
stuff.

The RL silver is thinner in consistency and coverage than the gold, so
you probably need more than one coat. RL metallic *colors* are nice, too,
last I checked they have a silver-blue and an ivy green...I used the
silver-blue on a whole room. You definitely want mix the paint well and
often, and use a brush if you can -- the glittery metallic bits can
"settle" on the wall as you apply, and you may get very subtle stripes
using a roller. If you must roll, go over the joins with a brush to even
'em out.

I've had good luck finding the RL line at a discount on the "oops paint"
shelves at Home Depot -- apparently some folks think they want bright gold
or metallic walls and then decide it looks too much like a Wild West
whorehouse.

Sparky
...really, how could one's house look *too much* like a whorehouse? :P

--
http://www.phobe.com