[poll](fluff) fantasy photography

Tide E. Poo

Apr 4, 2002, 9:06:45 PM4/4/02
Herro!

Ive been pondering the idea of having an amusing "fantasy" photo taken
for the past couple weeks...

my thoughts are:

1) myself and my long haired bf in the classic "romance novel cover"
pose (me, with flowy gown and swollen lips, bosom heaving, him with
hair flowing and shirtless with tight pants of some kind, eyes half
closed)

How cute would that be? hehe! Hes amused and might actually go in for
it!

and

2) me in a lovely black and white tasteful 40's style street shot.
(standing next to an old car, with a nice hat etc)

anyone have a "fantasy" photo they would like to see themselves in?

Tidey
*_*_*To YOU I'm an atheist. To God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.*_*_*

Patchouli

Apr 4, 2002, 9:44:49 PM4/4/02
Tide E. Poo wrote:

<< anyone have a "fantasy" photo they would like to see themselves in? >>

I want some good pictures of me in a heavy snowstorm wearing one of my swanky
Russian-whore outfits.

It doesn't *sound* too complicated, but I've never been able to persuade
someone to schlep out to the woods with me in a snowstorm.

~Patchouli
http://novim.net

ShellGirlK

Apr 5, 2002, 4:29:19 AM4/5/02
Romance novel cover, but... the other type, with the heaving-boosomed bar wench
and the stately gentleman...
alternately a classic vampire/horror photo. My boyfriend would look tragicly
adorable as dracula....

-Z

Ice Princess

Apr 5, 2002, 11:56:32 AM4/5/02
Tide E. Poo <tide...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> anyone have a "fantasy" photo they would like to see themselves in?

Er...well...actually...I've had it done. :)

(This is the point where Lisa gets to be vain as all hell.)

I had long wanted to do a fairytale/pre-Raphaelite sort of thing, to
see if we could capture that look and feel in photography:
http://www.ice-princess.net/fairytale/
(note that the last four thumbnails are broken at the moment, but the
full-size images will show up if you click on the links)
The photographer on these shots was Rayce Conway; more of her work can
be seen at http://www.raycedesign.com/rayce/

I'd also always wanted to do a sort of "decadent", fin de siecle
thing, not quite "boudoir" photography but sort of sensual and
smoldery:
http://www.ice-princess.net/hypnoxred/
These are by Hypnox Photography, and you can see more of his work at
http://www.hypnox.com/

I am *extremely* fortunate to be part of a scene that has a number of
talented and accessible photographers in it.

I hope to do more shoots; this kind of modeling is fun and a really
interesting, alchemical sort of creative process, where the input of
both photographer and model combines in unforeseen ways to achieve the
end results. There is talk about a "classic Hollywood glamour" shoot
happening with several of us (I'd get to be Clara Bow!), and I want to
try something sort of hard and cyberpunkish, just to see if I can
(with my sweet face and round body, it'll be a challenge). And I want
to do something to show off my vintage clothing and some of my more
extravagant costumes.

No, I'm not greedy and vain, why do you ask? ;)

Ice Princess

flightless

Apr 5, 2002, 2:34:38 PM4/5/02
someone was gonna take a picture of me naked on the steps of the US
Supreme Court, covering just the relevant bits by clutching myself in
a masturbatory manner. but she left town before we could do the photo
shoot.

Kittie

Apr 5, 2002, 4:47:13 PM4/5/02
Tidey wrote..

"anyone have a "fantasy" photo they would like to see themselves in?"

Heya! I love the ideas (especially the 40's street one!) I'd love to be a
mermaid! Shot under the water with full seaweedie scenery, a tail and a
shell bra and gorgeous watery flowing hair!
I'd like myself being bitten clutched in a vampires arms, like old dracula
book covers :) Or doing a female gangster cat-on-the-lap type shot hehe!

A ton of ideas.... kittie

Tide E. Poo

Apr 5, 2002, 6:57:53 PM4/5/02
On 5 Apr 2002 08:56:32 -0800, icp...@blarg.net (Ice Princess) wrote:

>Tide E. Poo <tide...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> anyone have a "fantasy" photo they would like to see themselves in?
>
>Er...well...actually...I've had it done. :)
>
>(This is the point where Lisa gets to be vain as all hell.)
>
>I had long wanted to do a fairytale/pre-Raphaelite sort of thing, to
>see if we could capture that look and feel in photography:
>http://www.ice-princess.net/fairytale/
>(note that the last four thumbnails are broken at the moment, but the
>full-size images will show up if you click on the links)
>The photographer on these shots was Rayce Conway; more of her work can
>be seen at http://www.raycedesign.com/rayce/
>
>I'd also always wanted to do a sort of "decadent", fin de siecle
>thing, not quite "boudoir" photography but sort of sensual and
>smoldery:
>http://www.ice-princess.net/hypnoxred/
>These are by Hypnox Photography, and you can see more of his work at
>http://www.hypnox.com/
>
>I am *extremely* fortunate to be part of a scene that has a number of
>talented and accessible photographers in it.

WOW! Thanks for sharing those, they are BEAUTIFUL (and so are you!)

I love the outfits you are wearing too.

Trystan L. Bass

Apr 5, 2002, 8:00:29 PM4/5/02
Tide E. Poo <tide...@hotmail.com> wrote...

> anyone have a "fantasy" photo they would like to see themselves in?

Tons! My problem is finding a photographer who can capture my ideas &
make me look good & who doesn't cost a bundle (or anything, ideally
;-).

I'd love pictures of my husband & me in our wedding clothes in a
Victorian library having a glass of sherry. Kind of like those "old
tyme" formal photos you get at amusement parks, but fancier. I love
our wedding pictures, but they're mostly outside on a sunny day &
we're all smiles. I'd like something moody in those outfits.

I'm designing an LotR-style elf costume that I would lovelovelove to
do a photo shoot in & totally rip-off Ice Princess' fairytale picture
ideas. Find a foresty location, lay in a pile of leaves, etc. If I
ever did such photos & put them online, I would credit her with the
ideas, of course.

--Trystan
(not really here)

Ranting Raven

Apr 5, 2002, 8:26:54 PM4/5/02
Tidey asked the fun question:

>anyone have a "fantasy" photo they would like to see themselves in?

Yes, yes, I'd love to be both of these:

a gargoyle (thanks, Serena Valentino!), winged and stone-colored from head to
toe, wearing gunmetal contacts, crouching on a stone corner outdoors with sky
and maybe some blurry trees in the background, striking all kinds of poses;

and, in another shoot,

Sally Rand, with giant swooping fans teasingly placed, wearing sexy heels and a
big flirty smile, posing around a fountain as though at a garden party, or
indoors at a club.

(A really close third would be a twilight forest shoot with me in Cate
Blanchett's Galadriel gown from _Fellowship of the Ring_.)

The pictures posted thus far to this thread are _gorgeous_. Those who have
others, please share with the group!

Ranting Raven

schneptune

Apr 5, 2002, 8:44:51 PM4/5/02
icp...@blarg.net (Ice Princess) wrote:

> > anyone have a "fantasy" photo they would like to see themselves in?
>
> Er...well...actually...I've had it done. :)

Me too. There was a nude photoshoot in the forest with a friend, to
recreate the feeling of a turn-of-the-century photograph, and a couple
of shoots for www.twistedlens.com and www.girlswithglasses.com last
year...I don't know if I still feel enough self-confidence to do that
again, but I gotta say, do it if you get the chance! It's a real
ego-booster, and fun to have themed and/or photoshop-affected pics to
show off. I felt like a real model for a couple of days. :)

schneptune

jenParrish

Apr 5, 2002, 10:46:13 PM4/5/02
Tide E. Poo <tide...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Ive been pondering the idea of having an amusing "fantasy" photo taken
> for the past couple weeks...
>
> my thoughts are:
>
> 1) myself and my long haired bf in the classic "romance novel cover"
> pose (me, with flowy gown and swollen lips, bosom heaving, him with
> hair flowing and shirtless with tight pants of some kind, eyes half
> closed)
>
> How cute would that be? hehe! Hes amused and might actually go in for
> it!

How funny you just brought this up! I was at a RenFaire in Miami last
month and met these people:

http://www.fortinandsanders.com

They take the photograph, then paint over it in layers..definitely
the bosom heaving stuff! :)

Enjoy~
Jen
Parrish Relics
http://www.parrishrelics.com

kalipriestess

Apr 6, 2002, 7:23:27 AM4/6/02
On 5 Apr 2002 08:56:32 -0800, icp...@blarg.net (Ice Princess) wrote:

>Tide E. Poo <tide...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> anyone have a "fantasy" photo they would like to see themselves in?

>I had long wanted to do a fairytale/pre-Raphaelite sort of thing, to

>see if we could capture that look and feel in photography:
>http://www.ice-princess.net/fairytale/
>(note that the last four thumbnails are broken at the moment, but the
>full-size images will show up if you click on the links)

I think you really captured the feel on #8, walking through archway of
trees and even more in #11. It looks like a storm is brewing and your
hair is blowing back in the wind. Great pictures.

>I'd also always wanted to do a sort of "decadent", fin de siecle
>thing, not quite "boudoir" photography but sort of sensual and
>smoldery:
>http://www.ice-princess.net/hypnoxred/

These just go to show that curvy girls are *made* for corsets, and
vice versa. ;)

>No, I'm not greedy and vain, why do you ask? ;)

Hey, if it was available to me, I'd do it in a second! And every
chance I got!

kalipriestess

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

kalipriestess

Apr 6, 2002, 7:36:00 AM4/6/02
>Tide E. Poo <tide...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> anyone have a "fantasy" photo they would like to see themselves in?

I would love to have a good professional photographer who appreciates
large woman take nude photographs of me, just for me to share with my
husband. I think that would be incredibly liberating. These would be
tasteful of course, maybe posed like some of my favorite paintings,
but still completely nude.

Lucy Bond

Apr 6, 2002, 12:14:39 PM4/6/02
In article <ta1qauc0ta4at13hj...@4ax.com>, Tide E. Poo
<tide...@hotmail.com> writes

>anyone have a "fantasy" photo they would like to see themselves in?

Hmmm... I'm not quite the look for being elfin in the woods these days,
but I'd still like a pic like that!

I *did* once have my pic taken nude in a cornfield. I had my back to the
camera, with the corn up to the top of my thighs, strawberry blonde wavy
hair to my waist & my arms held up in the air. It was Lammas. Me & my ex
got silly with the camera. I dearly love this photo, but I'm pretty sure
said ex pocketed it when visiting my house on my 21st birthday, some
time after we split. I'd love it back :(

As well as a desire for a glamorous pic, I'd really love a sixties-style
space-chick picture, complete with alien planet set, & me in a kooky
pose in cyber gear. Maybe with Marvin the Martian?

Lucy
Lucy Bond : www.technokitty.com sells Dane cybery tops, dresses & bustiers,
glammy fake fur, Cybertart fun, glittery make-up, rubber spiky goodness & all
things futuristic! *Updated! New goodies now available!*

Sheila Marie

Apr 6, 2002, 4:11:16 PM4/6/02
"Tide E. Poo" <tide...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> anyone have a "fantasy" photo they would like to see themselves in?

1. The German Dom. This would be a 40's flare and a riding crop. Hair like
Sean Young's character from Blade Runner. Basic makeup with true blue-red
lipstick.Black button down the front shirt with a PVC tie, a black pencil
skirt that starts just under the boobs (tie tucked in), fishnets and shiny
platform Mary Janes. Oh yeah, gloves and the riding crop as well. I have a
shirt that is the sole inspiration for this outfit.

2. The Starlet. Me in an ultra swank dress stepping out of a car onto a red
carpet and adoring fans and photographers held back by velvet ropes. I'd
have to do this for 4 era's, 20's, 30's, 40's, and 50's.

3. WW2 Pinup Girl. I think this one is self explanitory ;)

4. Late 1800's old west whore. This one we kinda did at one of those photo
places, though I'd like to do one with a corset and such. My hubby wore a
trench coat and held a shotgun. I had on a big hat and helt an empty whisky
bottle. It's a good pic, I'll have to scan it some day ;)

5. Middle Ages Princess. Long flowy hair, long velvety dress, all taken in
and around a castle.

6. Southern Belle. Think "Gone With the Wind"

7. Rock Star. Lots of clothing changes and giving off attitude.

I think that's about it. I'm guessing it's pretty average stuff though ;)

Sheila Marie

Heidi Evans

Apr 6, 2002, 4:31:02 PM4/6/02
>anyone have a "fantasy" photo they would like to see >themselves in?

I have two that I tried and failed due to not having all the stuff I needed
for backdrops and lighting, etc...It would be cool if they could be done
right. The first one, I used to have one black dog and one white dog, plus
a leotard that was half black and half white, and the idea was for me to
have one on one side and one on the other. Those particular dogs are now
sadly departed from old age, but I would like to get another half white,
half black outfit( I'm actually in the process of making one, somehow that
theme just really appeals to me) and get a decent picture in the midst of a
properly monochrome setting( there's a new club in town which would be
perfect, actually...), with or without matching animals.

The second one, the local zoo used to have a kids' section which had a giant
spiderweb made of ropes, (among other playground-type stuff which had a
theme of role-playing as various animals). I did get a shot of me sitting
in it wearing a black t-shirt with a red design on the front, but the messy
blond hair, no makeup, bright sun, etc. sort of ruined the effect. I'd like
to have one of me in a web like that properly made up in a full black
catsuit with a red hourglass on the front and more moody lighting, dark
background, etc.

--
276 E 900 S, SLC, UT
http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

roquelaure

Apr 6, 2002, 4:43:16 PM4/6/02
> Tide E. Poo <tide...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Ive been pondering the idea of having an amusing "fantasy" photo...

oooohhhhh... i would love to do a classic silent-film-star-engenue
thing. all late 'teens gowns and kohl rimmed eyes and dark lipstick
that looks black in black and white. a still shot and then an ultra
dramatic pose- like the whole feeling faint with head tilted back and
arm draped across face :)

my coworker/pally wants to get back into photography which she hasn't
done for a couple of years. she wants to make some money on the side
doing more "unique" portraits and weddings. so, she wants to make a
portfolio of people dressed up as classic film and theatre stars. she
wants me to be sally bowles... which i will gladly do as soon as i
get rid of the puddin'-like cellulite on my thighs!

-roque

She's Lost Control Again

Apr 6, 2002, 6:10:25 PM4/6/02
On Fri, 05 Apr 2002 02:06:45 GMT, Tide E. Poo <tide...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>anyone have a "fantasy" photo they would like to see themselves in?

I know it's pretty common for people here, but I'd love to do a
fetishy photo shoot, because it's not the way I dress at all. Vinyl,
corset, maybe a wig for that Bettie Page look. :)

And I like the mermaid idea that Kittie suggested...I used to pretend
I was a mermaid when I'd go swimming as a kid. I think it was from
too many viewings of "Splash." :)

Also a 1940s/1950s siren/vamp look. Similar to Bettie Page in a way
but wearing an elegant evening gown, long gloves etc.

Jen

Faintly McAbre, The Singular Pocketwop

Apr 8, 2002, 11:48:29 AM4/8/02
Tide E. Poo <tide...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<ta1qauc0ta4at13hj...@4ax.com>...
> Herro!

Herro! :)

> anyone have a "fantasy" photo they would like to see themselves in?

When hell freezes over and pigs fly, I'll find someone who can not
only help me with the photography, make me look good, and help me with
the wardrobe for a number of pictures that make me look as much like
Audrey Hepburn as humanly possible. :) I'm particularly fond of the
Breakfast at Tiffany's shots and the "gold earrings" (just her face on
her hand, wearing gold hoop dangle earrings) pictures, but
unfortunately, I do not look like Audrey Hepburn save for dark heavy
eyebrows. But someday, perhaps...

Then again, I would love to have attractive pictures taken of me
altogether, which, um, don't happen.

Fondly,
Faintly McAbre, pocketwop

Ashbet

Apr 8, 2002, 12:06:39 PM4/8/02
cassi...@DEAD.sympatico.ca wrote:
>>>anyone have a "fantasy" photo they would like to see themselves in?

Heh, you get me started and I never shut up ;D

I got some really fantastic pictures taken by Dave Dugard of
http://www.onetruedave.com . . .

http://www.psysheep.com/BlackandOrange/RockAltar_3.jpg

I'd love to do a cat-girl shoot with prosthetics and makeup, in an
alley/warehouse type setting . . . and a dramatic, glowing-white-skin
look with black backgrounds (I've got to admit that I've always
admired Forrest and Amelia's skill with getting their subjects' skin
to *fluoresce* like it does in some of their pictures!), and a
Coop-girl space-themed shoot with big fake hair and uber-cleavage . .
.

Dammit, why are all the photographers whose work I keep admiring on
the Left Coast??!! :(

Anyone in the DC area want to play?

-- Andi

She's Lost Control Again

Apr 8, 2002, 1:44:27 PM4/8/02
On 8 Apr 2002 09:06:39 -0700, ashb...@aol.com (Ashbet) wrote:

>Heh, you get me started and I never shut up ;D

Watch your quotes...I didn't say the above, only quoted it myself.

Jen

Narnia

Apr 12, 2002, 10:55:11 PM4/12/02
On Fri, 05 Apr 2002 02:06:45 GMT, Tide E Poo <tide...@hotmail.com> sang
with gusto in alt.gothic.fashion:

> anyone have a "fantasy" photo they would like to see themselves in?

I'd like to do boudoir, fetish, and tattoo-related photos someday.
Nothing completely naked, as one never knows what will turn up at the most
inopportune times in the future, but still erotic. I was talking to a
well-known photographer on the west coast of the US (no name-dropping
here!) a couple of years ago about doing this, but was unfortunately in
New Orleans at the time and unable to travel, so it didn't happen. :( I
know that photographer spends some time in London and now that I'm in the
UK I e-mailed him but there's been no response, so I think I lost my
chance. :(

Maybe I will meet some photographer someday who would be interested in
using me as a model, but I'm not holding my breath.

As far as specific photos are concerned, I've always wanted to do a
black-and-white one where I'm laying on a satin sheet on my stomach with
my arms up and elbows pressed into it, topless, wearing satin gloves with
my arms across my breasts, looking straight into the camera. Another
would be in colour, where I'm standing sideways wearing a corset, hot
pants, garter belt, and thigh-high boots with my head titled towards the
camera. I have other ones as well (none with my profile, I hate it), but
those are my two favourites.

--
=Narnia=
http://www.velvet.net/

G&M

Apr 13, 2002, 6:30:58 AM4/13/02

> Maybe I will meet some photographer someday who would be interested in
> using me as a model, but I'm not holding my breath.

Just contact your local college and see if they have a photography course.
If so they may even pay you to be a model (at least expenses anyway).
OK, 95% of the shots will be rubbish (the people are still learning), but
they will (or should) reject these themselves so you'll only see the good
ones anyway. And your face will be all over the end of course exhibition,
and in their portfolios for years to come.

Evil PiXy

Apr 13, 2002, 11:46:07 PM4/13/02