Convergence 20 Bid -- Washington DC: A Capital Offense

Winter

Jun 8, 2013, 8:15:09 PM6/8/13
Hail and well met,

The Washington, DC Committee presents their bid for "Convergence 20: A
Capital Offense", September 26 - 28, 2014. We've worked hard to put
together a worthy plan for our friends.

Speaking of the committee, we are:

Co-Chairs: Winter and Cora
Entertainment: Lori Beth and Phillip Shade
Graphic Design: Phillip Shade
Webmaster: Christopher "Kier" Conroy

We've already assembled a fantastic core team, but will add a few more
members from the local scene to help pull off a splendid event.

It's our intention to pay homage to what Convergence is all about. DC
wants you to have fun with your friends. Browse through the details at
your leisure:

http://www.altgothic.com/c20was

Here are the highlights:

- Washington DC is bursting with places to see and things to do. We'll
put together a few expeditions for those who want an organized
experience, but we won't load up the schedule either.

- The Quincy is a great boutique hotel located in the heart of DC, with
reasonable rates, spacious and comfortable rooms, and a staff that,
heaven help them, is enthusiastic about hosting us.

- The main venue is in the same building as the hotel, under its own
management. The weekly goth club Spellbound, run by our very own Lori
Beth and DJ Shade, is held here every Saturday night and it's always a
good time. Drinks a reasonable price and hefty sized, the bar staff
loves us, the ambiance is a comfortable goth lounge, and you can ride
the elevator back to your room when the room starts to spin.

- We hope to attract around 150 to 250 net.goths. Enough to keep the
drinks and conversation merrily flowing, not so much that there's no
room to breathe or it feels impersonal.

- Late September in DC is lovely. Also, most of the tourist mobs will
be gone and it's a quiet weekend for the hotel.

- While we know that Convergence appreciates its music, it's not a
festival and you want to socialize. We will host special DJs on
Saturday and a single band on Sunday. Our focus is on quality, not
quantity. Also, the only affordable goth-friendly venues of respectable
size are in the suburbs, which we don't want.

Regards,

Winter, Cora, Lori, Phil, Kier

--
Remove my last shred of hope to email me.