List of books Palin tried to ban from the Wasilla library

palin...@yahoo.com

Sep 4, 2008, 11:06:35 AM9/4/08
http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee

This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the Wasilla
library

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden
As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner
Blubber by Judy Blume
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
Canterbury Tales by Chaucer
Carrie by Stephen King
Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
Christine by Stephen King
Confessions by Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Cujo by Stephen King
Curses, Hexes, and Spells by Daniel Cohen
Daddy’s Roommate by Michael Willhoite
Day No Pigs Would Die by Robert Peck
Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
Decameron by Boccaccio
East of Eden by John Steinbeck
Fallen Angels by Walter Myers
Fanny Hill (Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure) by John Cleland
Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes
Forever by Judy Blume
Grendel by John Champlin Gardner
Halloween ABC by Eve Merriam
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Have to Go by Robert Munsch
Heather Has Two Mommies by Leslea Newman
How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell
Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
Impressions edited by Jack Booth
In the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak
It’s Okay if You Don’t Love Me by Norma Klein
James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
Lady Chatterley’s Lover by D.H. Lawrence
Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
Little Red Riding Hood by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm
Lord of the Flies by William Golding
Love is One of the Choices by Norma Klein
Lysistrata by Aristophanes
More Scary Stories in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
My Brother Sam Is Dead by James Lincoln Collier and Christopher
Collier
My House by Nikki Giovanni
My Friend Flicka by Mary O’Hara
Night Chills by Dean Koontz
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
On My Honor by Marion Dane Bauer
One Day in The Life of Ivan Denisovich by Alexander Solzhenitsyn
One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Ordinary People by Judith Guest
Our Bodies, Ourselves by Boston Women’s Health Collective
Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy
Revolting Rhymes by Roald Dahl
Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones by Alvin Schwartz
Scary Stories in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
Separate Peace by John Knowles
Silas Marner by George Eliot
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
The Bastard by John Jakes
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
The Color Purple by Alice Walker
The Devil’s Alternative by Frederick Forsyth
The Figure in the Shadows by John Bellairs
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson
The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
The Headless Cupid by Zilpha Snyder
The Learning Tree by Gordon Parks
The Living Bible by William C. Bower
The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare
The New Teenage Body Book by Kathy McCoy and Charles Wibbelsman
The Pigman by Paul Zindel
The Seduction of Peter S. by Lawrence Sanders
The Shining by Stephen King
The Witches by Roald Dahl
The Witches of Worm by Zilpha Snyder
Then Again, Maybe I Won’t by Judy Blume
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
Webster’s Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary by the Merriam-Webster
Editorial Staff
Witches, Pumpkins, and Grinning Ghosts: The Story of the Halloween
Symbols by Edna Barth

Al. E. Gator Esq.

Sep 4, 2008, 11:07:01 AM9/4/08
typical book burning Nazi
<palin...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

jcon

Sep 4, 2008, 11:22:15 AM9/4/08
On Sep 4, 10:06 am, palin.bi...@yahoo.com wrote:
> http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
>
> This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the Wasilla
> library

No it isn't. This is a list of *all the books that have ever been
banned* in the US.
http://www.adlerbooks.com/banned.html

The whole book banning thing is based on one off the cuff
remark by a political rival, with no evidence or details given.

As usual, the internet has worked its magic.

-jc

Don Martin

Sep 4, 2008, 11:38:07 AM9/4/08
On Sep 4, 11:06 am, palin.bi...@yahoo.com wrote:
> http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
>
> This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the Wasilla
> library

[snip--many standard works normally considered "great" by literate
people]

The woman is an ignoramus as well as an idiot.

Bert Hyman

Sep 4, 2008, 11:43:05 AM9/4/08
drdon...@comcast.net (Don Martin) wrote in

> On Sep 4, 11:06 am, palin.bi...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
>>
>> This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the
>> Wasilla library
>
> [snip--many standard works normally considered "great" by literate
> people]

What's the source of this list?

> The woman is an ignoramus as well as an idiot.

I take it that you'll be vigorously campaigning to eliminate
state-operated libraries in order to remove any political control over
the availability of books.

State-run schools must be in your sights as well.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | be...@iphouse.com

John Baker

Sep 4, 2008, 11:57:30 AM9/4/08
On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 08:06:35 -0700 (PDT), palin...@yahoo.com wrote:

>http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
>
>This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the Wasilla
>library

There are good, factual reasons to not want someone like Palin a
heartbeat away from the Presidency (I suspect that if you gave this
woman that kind of power, she'd make Dubya look like a champion of
freedom), but this list is bogus. I very much doubt that a small-town
public library would even *have* all of these books, let alone that
any one person would try to have *all* of them banned.

I mean, come on. A freaking *dictionary*!?

Don Martin

Sep 4, 2008, 12:05:01 PM9/4/08
On Sep 4, 11:43 am, Bert Hyman <b...@iphouse.com> wrote:

> drdonmar...@comcast.net (Don Martin) wrote innews:619ee6fb-4138-4b9e...@n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com:
>
> > On Sep 4, 11:06 am, palin.bi...@yahoo.com wrote:
> >>http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
>
> >> This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the
> >> Wasilla library
>
> > [snip--many standard works normally considered "great" by literate
> > people]
>
> What's the source of this list?
>
> > The woman is an ignoramus as well as an idiot.
>
> I take it that you'll be vigorously campaigning to eliminate
> state-operated libraries in order to remove any political control over
> the availability of books.
>
> State-run schools must be in your sights as well.

Why should you assume such an idiocy? Your "reasoning" appears to be
about as clear as hers.

Bert Hyman

Sep 4, 2008, 12:10:31 PM9/4/08

> On Sep 4, 11:43 am, Bert Hyman <b...@iphouse.com> wrote:
>> drdonmar...@comcast.net (Don Martin) wrote

>> innews:619ee6fb-4138-4b9e-a827
> -f11b5b...@n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com:

>> > [snip--many standard works normally considered "great" by
>> > literate people]
>>
>> What's the source of this list?
>>
>> > The woman is an ignoramus as well as an idiot.
>>
>> I take it that you'll be vigorously campaigning to eliminate
>> state-operated libraries in order to remove any political control
>> over the availability of books.
>>
>> State-run schools must be in your sights as well.
>
> Why should you assume such an idiocy? Your "reasoning" appears to be
> about as clear as hers.

So you're in favor of government-run libraries and the associated
political control over the availability of books?

Why then are you so upset about this particular instance of a
political involvement in the process?

I AM A TRUE CHRISTIAN

Sep 4, 2008, 12:34:48 PM9/4/08

It wasn’t until this experience befell me that I realized how
widespread the “fact” of evolution has become. To believe in the
creation of the universe in an educational setting is social suicide.
I often wonder why it has to be this way, and why so few are able to
embrace the truth.

As I surfed the web tonight, I came across your web page, and a great
burden was lifted off my back. The articles and resources have been
such a blessing to my discouraged heart. It feels marvelous to know
that there are others out there who bear the same plight as myself,
and must face the “cold light of science” attitude embraced by the
instructional population.

I hope that one day even leading evolutionists will have their eyes
opened to the faultiness of the theory and be given salvation from the
Lord. Criticizing these people is necessary, but we must all realize
that apart from the grace of God, we would be just like them.

It is for this reason that I will continue to pray for my teachers and
peers. I am interested in helping in anyway that I can. It would be a
great honor, especially for an issue of such importance. I appreciate
your efforts.

Yours in Christ,

thomas p.

Sep 4, 2008, 12:37:05 PM9/4/08

<palin...@yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse
http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee

_______________________________________

thomas p

A quote from your source

"note: there’s some buzz being generated that says that this post contains a
comment that lists the books that Palin supposedly wanted banned. The list
is here, but there appears to be no truth to the claim made by the
commenter, and no further documentation or support for this has turned up."

thomas p.

Sep 4, 2008, 12:40:20 PM9/4/08

"Bert Hyman" <be...@iphouse.com> skrev i en meddelelse

> drdon...@comcast.net (Don Martin) wrote in
>
>> On Sep 4, 11:43 am, Bert Hyman <b...@iphouse.com> wrote:
>>> drdonmar...@comcast.net (Don Martin) wrote
>>> innews:619ee6fb-4138-4b9e-a827
>> -f11b5b...@n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com:

>>> What's the source of this list?

>>> I take it that you'll be vigorously campaigning to eliminate
>>> state-operated libraries in order to remove any political control
>>> over the availability of books.
>>>
>>> State-run schools must be in your sights as well.
>>
>> Why should you assume such an idiocy? Your "reasoning" appears to be
>> about as clear as hers.
>
> So you're in favor of government-run libraries and the associated
> political control over the availability of books?

He did not say that, and there is no necessary connection between state
financed and politically controlled.

> Why then are you so upset about this particular instance of a
> political involvement in the process?

Perhaps it is because it is both illegal and contrary to principles
concerning the free exchange of ideas.

David Moffitt

Sep 4, 2008, 12:34:58 PM9/4/08

<palin...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee

%%%% Looking at just the titles I know I wouldn't want my grandchildren
reading over half of these books. Many of the titles I'm not familiar with
and a few titles were listed twice. Do you want your grade school child
reading Fanny Hill or the Bible?

"Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska
I was mayor of my hometown. And since our opponents in
this presidential election seem to look down on that
experience, let me explain to them what the job involves.
I guess a small-town mayor if sort of like a COMMUNITY
ORGANIZER, except that you have actual RESPONSIBILITIES."

-Governor Sarah Palin September 9, 2008

David Moffitt

Sep 4, 2008, 12:39:02 PM9/4/08

"Bert Hyman" <be...@iphouse.com> wrote in message

%%%% Did you notice the list contained subversive books like a dictionary,
the bible and Little Red Riding Hood!

"Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska
I was mayor of my hometown. And since our opponents in
this presidential election seem to look down on that
experience, let me explain to them what the job involves.
I guess a small-town mayor if sort of like a COMMUNITY
ORGANIZER, except that you have actual RESPONSIBILITIES."

-Governor Sarah Palin September 9, 2008

william hubbard

Sep 4, 2008, 12:49:19 PM9/4/08
On Sep 4, 8:07 am, "Al. E. Gator Esq." <ObamaCroc08.net> wrote:
> typical book burning Nazi<palin.bi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

more lies..

Bert Hyman

Sep 4, 2008, 12:51:25 PM9/4/08
gud...@yahoo.com (thomas p.) wrote in
> "Bert Hyman" <be...@iphouse.com> skrev i en meddelelse

>> So you're in favor of government-run libraries and the associated
>> political control over the availability of books?
>
> He did not say that,

Are you saying that?

> and there is no necessary connection between state financed and
> politically controlled.

Perhaps not a "necessary" connection, but a universal one nonetheless.

>> Why then are you so upset about this particular instance of a
>> political involvement in the process?
>
> Perhaps it is because it is both illegal and contrary to principles
> concerning the free exchange of ideas.

Government operates by force, which is contrary to principles

concerning the free exchange of ideas.

If you want politicians to control your library systems, education
systems and medical systems, don't be surprised to find politics
entering into every aspect of their operation.

Bert Hyman

Sep 4, 2008, 12:55:29 PM9/4/08
palin...@yahoo.com () wrote in

> http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
>
> This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the
> Wasilla library

From the Web page you cite:

"The list cited by Andrew AuCoin is not from Sarah Palin. It actually
comes from http://www.adlerbooks.com/banned.html. Its a compendium of
all books banned anywhere in the United States."

"Pretty obvious when one notes that Solzhenitzin was in the list, not
exactly a conservative target. Anyone who DIDNT realize this was BS
should be ashamed of themselves."

John Baker

Sep 4, 2008, 1:17:10 PM9/4/08

The OP apparently doesn't realize that there's no need to lie about
Palin to prove she's totally unqualified.

John Baker

Sep 4, 2008, 1:19:06 PM9/4/08
On 04 Sep 2008 16:10:31 GMT, Bert Hyman <be...@iphouse.com> wrote:

>drdon...@comcast.net (Don Martin) wrote in
>
>> On Sep 4, 11:43 am, Bert Hyman <b...@iphouse.com> wrote:
>>> drdonmar...@comcast.net (Don Martin) wrote
>>> innews:619ee6fb-4138-4b9e-a827
>> -f11b5b...@n33g2000pri.googlegroups.com:

>>> What's the source of this list?

>>> I take it that you'll be vigorously campaigning to eliminate
>>> state-operated libraries in order to remove any political control
>>> over the availability of books.
>>>
>>> State-run schools must be in your sights as well.
>>
>> Why should you assume such an idiocy? Your "reasoning" appears to be
>> about as clear as hers.
>
>So you're in favor of government-run libraries and the associated
>political control over the availability of books?

Planning on opening a scarecrow factory with that straw, Bert?

The Starmaker

Sep 4, 2008, 1:18:46 PM9/4/08
palin...@yahoo.com wrote:

> http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee

Any book that is forced upon a child to read should be banned.
Let him read whatever he wants to read.

This guy went to the library when he was ten years old..
found a book by accident
and now...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzok8OFA9m8

I don't want to tell you what book I found by
accident in a library when I was ten years old...

Thank God I ignored the teacher
when she told me to read a book for homework...
I just didn't fuckin read it!

I had other interest..

When I went to the library at ten years old,
I read what I wanted to read...

The teacher should tell the kids,
"Your homework is to go to the library and
read any fuckin book you want!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzok8OFA9m8

The Starmaker

jcon

Sep 4, 2008, 1:21:44 PM9/4/08
On Sep 4, 11:55 am, Bert Hyman <b...@iphouse.com> wrote:

> palin.bi...@yahoo.com () wrote innews:684c46cb-b055-4228...@b38g2000prf.googlegroups.com:
>
> >http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
>
> > This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the
> > Wasilla library
>
> From the Web page you cite:
>
> "The list cited by Andrew AuCoin is not from Sarah Palin. It actually
> comes fromhttp://www.adlerbooks.com/banned.html. Its a compendium of

> all books banned anywhere in the United States."
>
> "Pretty obvious when one notes that Solzhenitzin was in the list, not
> exactly a conservative target. Anyone who DIDNT realize this was BS
> should be ashamed of themselves."

It took me roughly 15 seconds of Googling to find the true
source of this list (and it isn't even on Snopes yet).

Neither side of the political fence has a monopoly on stupidity.
Conservatives tend to forward crap like this:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

while liberals tend to forward crap like this list.

The last thing we need to do is turn Palin into a victim
by forwarding false rumors.

-jc

> --
> Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | b...@iphouse.com

Uncle Vic

Sep 4, 2008, 1:23:16 PM9/4/08
On Sep 4, 8:06 am, palin.bi...@yahoo.com wrote:
> http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
>
> This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the Wasilla
> library

<snip>

What's her worry? Fundies can't even read the bible, let alone any
book that doesn't have pictures.

--
Uncle Vic
2011

Uncle Vic

Sep 4, 2008, 1:28:21 PM9/4/08
On Sep 4, 9:34 am, I AM A TRUE CHRISTIAN <X...@operamail.com> wrote:

> Yours in Christ,

How many times do I have to tell you? Get OUT of the christ!

--
Uncle Vic
2011

Bert Hyman

Sep 4, 2008, 1:33:15 PM9/4/08
nu...@bizniz.net (John Baker) wrote in

More hyperbole than strawman, I think.

Besides, it turns out that the list is bogus. From the Web site cited
by the OP:

http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee/

"The list cited by Andrew AuCoin is not from Sarah Palin. It

actually comes from http://www.adlerbooks.com/banned.html.

Its a compendium of all books banned anywhere in the United
States."

"Pretty obvious when one notes that Solzhenitzin was in the
list, not exactly a conservative target. Anyone who DIDNT
realize this was BS should be ashamed of themselves. "

On the other hand, it might help to remember that the use of the word
"ban" in this thread is bogus as well.

The fact that a library, or even an entire library system, chooses not
to stock a book doesn't mean that the book has been "banned". Until
the government starts burning books and arresting people who write,
sell or own them, that word is not applicable.

Libraries and schools are constantly forced to decide what books to
stock; the processes by which they make these decisions are varied.

In government-run institutions, the process is always subject to
political influence, and the politics might not be to your liking.
Keep the government out of the picture and the controversy ends.

CliffB

Sep 4, 2008, 1:44:39 PM9/4/08
On Sep 4, 12:37 pm, "thomas p." <gudl...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> <palin.bi...@yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelsenews:684c46cb-b055-4228...@b38g2000prf.googlegroups.com...http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee

She left out community organizer Barack Obama's 2 memoirs lol.

John Baker

Sep 4, 2008, 1:45:50 PM9/4/08
On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 10:21:44 -0700 (PDT), jcon <cire...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Agreed. There are enough *real* reasons to oppose Palin's candidacy.
If we harp about her husband's 22 year old DUI conviction, or act as
though her daughter is the only 17 year old who ever got knocked up -
both completely irrelevant - or latch onto bogus crap like this list,
the Repubs will claim we're grasping at straws. And they'll be right.

We often take pleasure in pointing out where Republicans have blown
things out of proportion, twisted the facts and outright lied to
further their own ends. Let's not be hypocrites by doing the same.

Message has been deleted

JohnN

Sep 4, 2008, 1:52:38 PM9/4/08
On Sep 4, 1:33 pm, Bert Hyman <b...@iphouse.com> wrote:
> nu...@bizniz.net (John Baker) wrote innews:0360c4p5s517mecjo...@4ax.com:

> > On 04 Sep 2008 16:10:31 GMT, Bert Hyman <b...@iphouse.com> wrote:
>
> >>So you're in favor of government-run libraries and the associated
> >>political control over the availability of books?
>
> > Planning on opening a scarecrow factory with that straw, Bert?
>
> More hyperbole than strawman, I think.
>
> Besides, it turns out that the list is bogus. From the Web site cited
> by the OP:
>
> http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee/
>
>         "The list cited by Andrew AuCoin is not from Sarah Palin. It
>         actually comes fromhttp://www.adlerbooks.com/banned.html.

>         Its a compendium of all books banned anywhere in the United
>         States."
>
>         "Pretty obvious when one notes that Solzhenitzin was in the
>         list, not exactly a conservative target. Anyone who DIDNT
>         realize this was BS should be ashamed of themselves. "
>
> On the other hand, it might help to remember that the use of the word
> "ban" in this thread is bogus as well.
>
> The fact that a library, or even an entire library system, chooses not
> to stock a book doesn't mean that the book has been "banned". Until
> the government starts burning books and arresting people who write,
> sell or own them, that word is not applicable.
>
> Libraries and schools are constantly forced to decide what books to
> stock; the processes by which they make these decisions are varied.
>
> In government-run institutions, the process is always subject to
> political influence, and the politics might not be to your liking.
> Keep the government out of the picture and the controversy ends.
>
> --
> Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | b...@iphouse.com

People do try to get public libraries to remove books from the
collections. The American Library Association calls that banning
books. The ALA has a website on the subject:
http://www.ala.org/ala/oif/bannedbooksweek/bannedbooksweek.cfm

Librarians work very hard to keep politics out of the collection
process. So you don't know shit about how public libraries are run.

JohnN

Bert Hyman

Sep 4, 2008, 2:04:50 PM9/4/08
jnor...@hotmail.com (JohnN) wrote in

> People do try to get public libraries to remove books from the
> collections. The American Library Association calls that banning
> books. The ALA has a website on the subject:
> http://www.ala.org/ala/oif/bannedbooksweek/bannedbooksweek.cfm

So, now that they've decided to change the meaning of the word "ban",
what word do you propose to use in its place when books are actually
removed by force?

> Librarians work very hard to keep politics out of the collection
> process.

In government-run libraries, the political pressure is always there,
and the pure-as-the-driven-snow librarians don't always get their way.

And, hard as it might be for you to believe, some librarians might
have political views of their own, which are reflected in their own
book choices.

> So you don't know shit about how public libraries are run.

Nice finish.

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | be...@iphouse.com

The Unbearable Frightfulness of Linger-ing

Sep 4, 2008, 2:57:23 PM9/4/08
On Sep 4, 8:57 am, John Baker <nu...@bizniz.net> wrote:
> >Symbols by Edna Barth- Hide quoted text -

There sure are a lot of books by Judy Blume, Stephen King, and Roald
Dahl on that supposed list...damn! I agree that a library in Wasilla
probably wouldn't have all of those books on hand in the first place.
Wasilla's very small, just like Juneau is. When I was a kid, I
remember the local library in Juneau was so small that it was above
the fire station. It was tiny.

I'd imagine the one in Wasilla is equally as dinky. Of course there is
libraries inside the schools and everything, though, but if we're
talking about her banning books at a local neighborhood library in
some kind of a Kenai Peninsula library back in the 90s, it was
obviously a small little hole in the wall type of room. Most longtime
Alaskans (and former Alaskans who lived up there throughout the 70s,
80s and well into the 90s) that I know can vouch for the fact that
she's a whackjob Pentecostal nutcase, however...

S*Babykins

Nancy2

Sep 4, 2008, 3:09:44 PM9/4/08
On Sep 4, 10:22 am, jcon <cirej...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sep 4, 10:06 am, palin.bi...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
>
> > This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the Wasilla
> > library
>
> No it isn't.  This is a list of *all the books that have ever been
> banned* in the US.http://www.adlerbooks.com/banned.html
>
> The whole book banning thing is based on one off the cuff
> remark by a political rival, with no evidence or details given.
>
> As usual, the internet has worked its magic.

I believe it has some teeth; it has been reported in reputable
publications.

N.

John Locke

Sep 4, 2008, 3:18:19 PM9/4/08

Oh oh. That it explains it. It was Playboy magazine she was trying to
censor. No wonder the fundies were all huddled over in the
corner.

"The easy confidence with which I know another
man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect
that my own is also" - Mark Twain

SkyEyes

Sep 4, 2008, 3:23:19 PM9/4/08
On Sep 4, 8:06 am, palin.bi...@yahoo.com wrote:

<Snip list of all the good lit I have ever read>

> My Friend Flicka by Mary O’Hara

_My Friend Flicka_??? This bint wants to ban _My Friend Flicka_???
What in christ's name does this ...[I hesitate to use the word] ...
*woman* have against _My Friend Flicka_?

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
BAAWA Knight
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes nine at cox dot net

Brian E. Clark

Sep 4, 2008, 3:57:07 PM9/4/08
In article <b42b64bc-651f-4e48-bc95-47774a3e1b58
@a3g2000prm.googlegroups.com>, SkyEyes said...

> On Sep 4, 8:06 am, palin.bi...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> <Snip list of all the good lit I have ever read>
>

> > My Friend Flicka by Mary O=3FHara

> _My Friend Flicka_??? This bint wants to ban _My Friend Flicka_???
> What in christ's name does this ...[I hesitate to use the word] ...
> *woman* have against _My Friend Flicka_?

Palin aside, parents in Florida had _My Friend Flicka_
removed from reading lists because the book contains
the word "bitch" -- in reference to a female dog.

--
-----------
Brian E. Clark

The Unbearable Frightfulness of Linger-ing

Sep 4, 2008, 4:02:07 PM9/4/08

Maybe she's just not a Tim McGraw fan and it's her way of getting back
at him? Faith Hill will knock her clear on her ass....just you wait.

;-)

S*Babykins

JohnN

Sep 4, 2008, 4:08:26 PM9/4/08
On Sep 4, 2:04 pm, Bert Hyman <b...@iphouse.com> wrote:

> jnorri...@hotmail.com (JohnN) wrote innews:cf4a65b2-7557-4932...@i20g2000prf.googlegroups.com:
>
> > People do try to get public libraries to remove books from the
> > collections.  The American Library Association calls that banning
> > books.  The ALA has a website on the subject:
> >http://www.ala.org/ala/oif/bannedbooksweek/bannedbooksweek.cfm
>
> So, now that they've decided to change the meaning of the word "ban",
> what word do you propose to use in its place when books are actually
> removed by force?

Banned books.

> > Librarians work very hard to keep politics out of the collection
> > process.
>
> In government-run libraries, the political pressure is always there,
> and the pure-as-the-driven-snow librarians don't always get their way.
>
> And, hard as it might be for you to believe, some librarians might
> have political views of their own, which are reflected in their own
> book choices.

Thats why there are more than one person involved in the selection
process. If you have a question about how books are choosen in St
Paul ask the library for their policy.

> > So you don't know shit about how public libraries are run.
>
> Nice finish.

Does that mean you're finished?

And you don't know what you're talking about, I do, I'm a god danm
librarian who makes decisions on book selection and I can't afford to
be political because all my patrons expect me to have the best
collection we can afford, period.

JohnN
> --
> Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | b...@iphouse.com

The Unbearable Frightfulness of Linger-ing

Sep 4, 2008, 4:08:49 PM9/4/08
On Sep 4, 12:57 pm, Brian E. Clark <re...@newsgroup.only.please>
wrote:

I laughed and wasn't a bit surprised when I read that she (supposedly)
had Our Bodies Ourselves removed from the library. I'm not surprised
about the Harry Potter accusations, either, but My Friend Flicka
(?!?!?!?!??!), if true, is a little over the top. Does she hate the
Black Stallion and The Red Pony, too? What about Charlotte's Web and
Runaway Ralph? Stuart Little? Island of the Blue Dolphins, too? I'm
telling PETA about this and I'm alerting Greenpeace at once. If little
Piper will not stand up her mean mommy about the animal literature in
the Alaska library system then someone else must do it for her. (After
they get through slicking back their little brother's hair with the
spit on their hand, of course. Hair slicking with one's own saliva is
ALWAYS a first priority...)

;-)

S*Babykins

JohnN

Sep 4, 2008, 4:20:02 PM9/4/08
On Sep 4, 12:39 pm, "David Moffitt" <dmoff...@stomping-leftist-
twits.org> wrote:
> "Bert Hyman" <b...@iphouse.com> wrote in message

> | drdonmar...@comcast.net (Don Martin) wrote in

> | > [snip--many standard works normally considered "great" by literate
> | > people]
> |
> | What's the source of this list?
> |
> | > The woman is an ignoramus as well as an idiot.
> |
> | I take it that you'll be vigorously campaigning to eliminate
> | state-operated libraries in order to remove any political control over
> | the availability of books.
> |
> | State-run schools must be in your sights as well.
>
> %%%% Did you notice the list contained subversive books like a dictionary,
> the bible and Little Red Riding Hood!

Dictionaries have dirty words in them, the bible contains witchcraft,
murder, adultry, rape, and soft porn, and LRRH is ageist in how
grandmother is depicted. You will notice they are in every public
library in the USA including backwater hamlets in Alaska.

JohnN

> "Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska
> I was mayor of my hometown. And since our opponents in
> this presidential election seem to look down on that
> experience, let me explain to them what the job involves.
> I guess a small-town mayor if sort of like a COMMUNITY
> ORGANIZER, except that you have actual RESPONSIBILITIES."
>
> -Governor Sarah Palin September 9, 2008
>

> | --

> | Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | b...@iphouse.com

znuybv

Sep 4, 2008, 4:24:58 PM9/4/08
On Sep 4, 8:38 am, Don Martin <drdonmar...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Sep 4, 11:06 am, palin.bi...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
>
> > This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the Wasilla
> > library
>
> [snip--many standard works normally considered "great" by literate
> people]
>
> The woman is an ignoramus as well as an idiot.

More likely the ignoramus is the one who believes this nonsense.

Bob Vogel

Sep 4, 2008, 4:37:34 PM9/4/08
On Sep 4, 11:22 am, jcon <cirej...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sep 4, 10:06 am, palin.bi...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
>
> > This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the Wasilla
> > library
>
> No it isn't.  This is a list of *all the books that have ever been
> banned* in the US.http://www.adlerbooks.com/banned.html

hat it does demonstrate is that when people advocate banning books, it
never applies to pornography, the pretext most people adhere to.

The Palin book banning thing seems to be corroborated by more than one
person, and considering that the bible belt is where most books get
banned in the U.S., and the fact that Palin is the philosophical
equivalent of a Jerry Falwell, I have no problem believing that she's
a do-gooding, book banning busybody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H-btXPfhGs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q9MMJESywA&feature=related

And that's putting it mildly.

charliekilo

Sep 4, 2008, 4:52:22 PM9/4/08
"Bob Vogel" <bobvog...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

On Sep 4, 11:22 am, jcon <cirej...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sep 4, 10:06 am, palin.bi...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
>
> > This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the Wasilla
> > library
>
> No it isn't. This is a list of *all the books that have ever been
> banned* in the US.http://www.adlerbooks.com/banned.html

hat it does demonstrate is that when people advocate banning books, it
never applies to pornography, the pretext most people adhere to.

The Palin book banning thing seems to be corroborated by more than one
person, and considering that the bible belt is where most books get
banned in the U.S., and the fact that Palin is the philosophical
equivalent of a Jerry Falwell, I have no problem believing that she's
a do-gooding, book banning busybody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H-btXPfhGs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q9MMJESywA&feature=related

And that's putting it mildly.

It's amazing that just a quick web search will prove this story to be
untrue. Here is from where the list originates and it's not from or about
Palin:
http://www.adlerbooks.com/banned.html

Cary Kittrell

Sep 4, 2008, 4:54:46 PM9/4/08
In article <a1bc6cca-bf14-4211...@d77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com> Bob Vogel <bobvog...@yahoo.com> writes:
> On Sep 4, 11:22=A0am, jcon <cirej...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > On Sep 4, 10:06=A0am, palin.bi...@yahoo.com wrote:
> >
> > >http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
> >
> > > This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the Wasilla
> > > library
> >
> > No it isn't. =A0This is a list of *all the books that have ever been

> > banned* in the US.http://www.adlerbooks.com/banned.html
> >

> hat it does demonstrate is that when people advocate banning books, it
> never applies to pornography, the pretext most people adhere to.
>
> The Palin book banning thing seems to be corroborated by more than one
> person, and considering that the bible belt is where most books get
> banned in the U.S., and the fact that Palin is the philosophical
> equivalent of a Jerry Falwell, I have no problem believing that she's
> a do-gooding, book banning busybody.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D9H-btXPfhGs
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D4Q9MMJESywA&feature=3Drelated

> And that's putting it mildly.

True. But I think the immediate question in the
thread is whether Palin wanted the given list
of books removed -- and looking at the original source,
we see that that source itself calls it unsubstantiated.

-- cary

John Baker

Sep 4, 2008, 5:16:59 PM9/4/08
On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 13:24:58 -0700 (PDT), znuybv <tjwi...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Sort of like the ones who believe the nonsense about Obama, eh? <G>

Yes, this accusation against Palin is completely bogus, but don't get
on your high horse just yet. Lying about one's opponent is a
time-honored political "tradition" in this country, and the
Republicans are certainly no strangers to it.

Kate

Sep 4, 2008, 5:48:13 PM9/4/08
On Sep 4, 1:54 pm, c...@afone.as.arizona.edu (Cary Kittrell) wrote:
> -- cary- Hide quoted text -

I've done some research. I don't think there's a list out there and
the librarian isn't talking. I'm not sure she had a specific list -
just that she wanted the librarian to remove some books and the
librarian was almost fired for not agreeing, as were a whole list of
co-workers that vocally supported the librarian.

The whole thing was just as nasty as could be.

jcon

Sep 4, 2008, 6:11:50 PM9/4/08
On Sep 4, 3:54 pm, c...@afone.as.arizona.edu (Cary Kittrell) wrote:

Look, there's really no "question" here. I'm willing to believe bad
things
about Palin, but I seriously doubt she tried to have a specific
edition
of Webster's dictionary banned.

-jc

Cary Kittrell

Sep 4, 2008, 6:20:45 PM9/4/08
In article <716da569-b5b4-4c74...@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com> jcon <cire...@yahoo.com> writes:
> On Sep 4, 3:54=A0pm, c...@afone.as.arizona.edu (Cary Kittrell) wrote:
> > In article <a1bc6cca-bf14-4211-87eb-9581456a7...@d77g2000hsb.googlegroups=

> .com> Bob Vogel <bobvogel2...@yahoo.com> writes:

> la

> > > hat it does demonstrate is that when people advocate banning books, it
> > > never applies to pornography, the pretext most people adhere to.
> >
> > > The Palin book banning thing seems to be corroborated by more than one
> > > person, and considering that the bible belt is where most books get
> > > banned in the U.S., and the fact that Palin is the philosophical
> > > equivalent of a Jerry Falwell, I have no problem believing that she's
> > > a do-gooding, book banning busybody.
> >
> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D3D9H-btXPfhGs
> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D3D4Q9MMJESywA&feature=3D3Drelated

> > > And that's putting it mildly.
> >
> > True. =A0But I think the immediate question in the

> > thread is whether Palin wanted the given list
> > of books removed -- and looking at the original source,
> > we see that that source itself calls it unsubstantiated.
> >
> > -- cary
>
> Look, there's really no "question" here. I'm willing to believe bad
> things
> about Palin, but I seriously doubt she tried to have a specific
> edition
> of Webster's dictionary banned.

Well, that's pretty much what I was trying to say...

-- cary

> -jc

Gary Bohn

Sep 4, 2008, 6:37:12 PM9/4/08

> jnor...@hotmail.com (JohnN) wrote in
> ups.com:
>
>> People do try to get public libraries to remove books from
>> the collections. The American Library Association calls that
>> banning books. The ALA has a website on the subject:
>> http://www.ala.org/ala/oif/bannedbooksweek/bannedbooksweek.cfm
>
> So, now that they've decided to change the meaning of the word
> "ban", what word do you propose to use in its place when books
> are actually removed by force?

You are using too narrow a definition for both 'ban' and
'force'.

From what I understand many words have more than one meaning and
yet most people are able to parse a sentence accurately.

That includes the word "force". Laws can 'force' compliance as
well as a big stick can.

Gary Bohn

Sep 4, 2008, 6:39:51 PM9/4/08
Uncle Vic <vic...@inreach.com> wrote in
s.com:

Kids will be kids.

johac

Sep 5, 2008, 1:15:23 AM9/5/08
In article
palin...@yahoo.com wrote:

> http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
>
> This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the Wasilla
> library

From list:

"Webster零 Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary by the Merriam-Webster"

A dictionary? A dictionary? WTF???????
--
John #1782

thomas p.

Sep 5, 2008, 2:37:36 AM9/5/08

> gud...@yahoo.com (thomas p.) wrote in
>> "Bert Hyman" <be...@iphouse.com> skrev i en meddelelse

>>> So you're in favor of government-run libraries and the associated
>>> political control over the availability of books?
>>
>> He did not say that,
>
> Are you saying that?

That is a very silly thing to say.

>> and there is no necessary connection between state financed and
>> politically controlled.
>
> Perhaps not a "necessary" connection, but a universal one nonetheless.

Obviously not.

>>> Why then are you so upset about this particular instance of a
>>> political involvement in the process?
>>
>> Perhaps it is because it is both illegal and contrary to principles
>> concerning the free exchange of ideas.
>
> Government operates by force, which is contrary to principles
> concerning the free exchange of ideas.

Only if it suppresses ideas.

> If you want politicians to control your library systems, education
> systems and medical systems, don't be surprised to find politics
> entering into every aspect of their operation.

You are an incredibly silly person.

Mitchell Holman

Sep 5, 2008, 9:17:05 AM9/5/08
johac <jhac...@remove.sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:jhachmann-
F13044.221...@news.giganews.com:

It had words it that Republicans don't like, such
as "Evolution" and "Scientific Method" and "Equality"
and "Minorities" and "Poverty".

thomas p.

Sep 5, 2008, 9:31:15 AM9/5/08

"Bob Vogel" <bobvog...@yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H-btXPfhGs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q9MMJESywA&feature=related

_______________________________

thomas

I agree, but there is still no need to post bogus lists. It is dishonest.

John Black

Sep 5, 2008, 11:14:34 AM9/5/08
In article <dbd206ab-a04c-411b-b125-
d39753...@s9g2000prg.googlegroups.com>, cire...@yahoo.com says...

> On Sep 4, 10:06 am, palin.bi...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
> >
> > This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the Wasilla
> > library
>
> No it isn't. This is a list of *all the books that have ever been
> banned* in the US.
> http://www.adlerbooks.com/banned.html
>
> The whole book banning thing is based on one off the cuff
> remark by a political rival, with no evidence or details given.
>
> As usual, the internet has worked its magic.

The desperate dems are lying again? What a shocker. Add this to the
recent lies I've heard like she supports banning birth control and that
her baby son is really her daughter's. The dems are in such a panic I
half expect them to trot out Dan Rather to forge some documents for them.

John Black

Message has been deleted

thomas p.

Sep 5, 2008, 2:48:00 PM9/5/08

"John Black" <jbl...@texas.net> skrev i en meddelelse

John Black
______________________________-

thomas p

The posting of the bogus list and your unsupported blaming of Democrats are
two examples of the same kind of dishonesty.

The Unbearable Frightfulness of Linger-ing

Sep 5, 2008, 2:57:49 PM9/5/08
On Sep 5, 6:17 am, Mitchell Holman <Noem...@comcast.com> wrote:
> johac <jhachm...@remove.sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:jhachmann-
> F13044.22152304092...@news.giganews.com:
>
> > In article
> > <684c46cb-b055-4228-ac17-9bf59e233...@b38g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

> >  palin.bi...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >>http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
>
> >> This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the Wasilla
> >> library
>
> > From list:
>
> > "Webster¹s Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary by the Merriam-Webster"

> > A dictionary? A dictionary? WTF???????
>
>     It had words it that Republicans don't like, such
> as "Evolution" and "Scientific Method" and "Equality"
> and "Minorities" and "Poverty".

Word has it that the dictionary did not have the term NASCAR in it, so
Palin got very pissed, threw a tantrum and cried for four days
straight. Her husband Todd was worried she was pregnant yet again, but
she was just being a good NASCAR mom.

;-)

S*Babykins

Firelock

Sep 5, 2008, 3:00:29 PM9/5/08
On Sep 4, 1:18 pm, The Starmaker <starma...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Thank God I ignored the teacher
> when she told me to read a book for homework...
> I just didn't fuckin read it!

Like your math textbook, for example?

> I had other interest..
>
> When I went to the library at ten years old,
> I read what I wanted to read...
>
> The teacher should tell the kids,
> "Your homework is to go to the library and
> read any fuckin book you want!"

I hope such a teacher would have a good list
of books to recommend. Guidance is not
the same as force - and there is a difference
between reading for entertainment and
reading for education.

--
Walt

The Starmaker

Sep 5, 2008, 3:55:42 PM9/5/08
Firelock wrote:

> On Sep 4, 1:18 pm, The Starmaker <starma...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> > Thank God I ignored the teacher
> > when she told me to read a book for homework...
> > I just didn't fuckin read it!
>
> Like your math textbook, for example?

Threw that book away a long time ago...

I don't ever re-call bringing books to schools!

I saw kids in school carrying textbooks I wondered what was that all about?

> > I had other interest..
> >
> > When I went to the library at ten years old,
> > I read what I wanted to read...
> >
> > The teacher should tell the kids,
> > "Your homework is to go to the library and
> > read any fuckin book you want!"
>
> I hope such a teacher would have a good list
> of books to recommend. Guidance is not
> the same as force - and there is a difference
> between reading for entertainment and
> reading for education.

Reading for entertainment? Is there such a thing?? You must
be talking about comic books...right?

bval...@aol.com

Sep 5, 2008, 4:01:23 PM9/5/08
Here is the paragraph that I found most interesting:

"\there’s some buzz being generated that says that this post contains
a comment that lists the books that Palin supposedly wanted banned.
The list is here, but there appears to be no truth to the claim made
by the commenter, and no further documentation or support for this has
turned up."

In other words, the list of banned books is a lie.

Cary Kittrell

Sep 5, 2008, 4:12:35 PM9/5/08
In article <5fc43db3-16ea-4a4a...@a2g2000prm.googlegroups.com> "bval...@aol.com" <bval...@aol.com> writes:
> Here is the paragraph that I found most interesting:
>
> "\there=92s some buzz being generated that says that this post contains

> a comment that lists the books that Palin supposedly wanted banned.
> The list is here, but there appears to be no truth to the claim made
> by the commenter, and no further documentation or support for this has
> turned up."
>
> In other words, the list of banned books is a lie.

As a number of evul librul posters have mentioned.

Including myself. At least twice.

-- cary

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Preventer of Work

Sep 5, 2008, 7:09:44 PM9/5/08
palin...@yahoo.com wrote:
> http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
>
> This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the Wasilla
> library

This is not the list of books Palin tried to have banned
Keep in mind the year was 1996.
Evidence:

> Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
Published 1998
> Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Published 1997
> Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
Published 1999
> Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Published 2000

Governor Swill

Sep 5, 2008, 10:43:15 PM9/5/08
This is anon...@remailer.hastio.org's brain on drugs:

>> The desperate dems are lying again? What a shocker. Add this to the
>> recent lies I've heard like she supports banning birth control and that
>> her baby son is really her daughter's. The dems are in such a panic I
>> half expect them to trot out Dan Rather to forge some documents for them.
>>
>> John Black
>
>Don't forget the lie about the bridge to nowhere. The dems are
>trying to pin that on her too.

According to the President of the Alaska Senate, Palin supported the
bridge to nowhere during her gubernatorial campaign. Once she was in
office she flip flopped on it, canceled the bridge and diverted the
money into other projects. In other words she believes in pork,
corruption, subterfuge and deliberately deceiving the People.

Swill
--
It's a good thing Palin's a member of the NRA
'cause she's got a shotgun wedding coming up.

johac

Sep 6, 2008, 1:23:08 AM9/6/08
In article <Xns9B10544F...@216.196.97.131>,
Mitchell Holman <Noe...@comcast.com> wrote:

Or "Peace" or "Fair" or "Justice for all".
--
John #1782

Taylor

Sep 6, 2008, 3:32:07 AM9/6/08
She shouldn't have gotten those "Where did I come from?" sex education
books banned from the PUBLIC library... it seems her 17-year-old unwed
pregnant teen daughter could have used something other than "don't
touch down there! that's nasty!". *rolls eyes*

----

http://www.petitiononline.com/palin/petition.html

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0657685/board/threads/

http://i33.tinypic.com/2wny8u8.jpg

Great ExSpangtations

Sep 6, 2008, 3:37:42 AM9/6/08
> [...]

> The Figure in the Shadows by John Bellairs
> The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
> The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson
> The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
> The Headless Cupid by Zilpha Snyder
> The Learning Tree by Gordon Parks
> The Living Bible by William C. Bower
> The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare
> The New Teenage Body Book by Kathy McCoy and Charles Wibbelsman
> The Pigman by Paul Zindel
> The Seduction of Peter S. by Lawrence Sanders
> The Shining by Stephen King
> The Witches by Roald Dahl
> The Witches of Worm by Zilpha Snyder
> Then Again, Maybe I Won’t by Judy Blume
> To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
> Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
> Webster’s Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary by the Merriam-Webster
> Editorial Staff
> Witches, Pumpkins, and Grinning Ghosts: The Story of the Halloween

What's "Daddy's Roommate" about?

<Hands over my mouth and eyebrows highly arched...>

Is this a telltale sign that Ms. Barraaaabarracuuuda Down Down Down
Ohhhnnnn Mahhh Knees is...a...a....a...a...homophobe?!?!?! No! You
don't say? Well, I'm shocked! I had her pegged at first glance for a
card carrying member of PFLAG, The Chicken Soup Brigade and ActUp!,
didn't you all?

S*Babykins

John Baker

Sep 6, 2008, 7:11:37 AM9/6/08
On Fri, 5 Sep 2008 10:14:34 -0500, John Black <jbl...@texas.net>
wrote:

So the Repubs, past masters at lying about their political opponents,
don't like the taste of their own medicine. How utterly
*un*surprising.

>John Black

AlanS

Sep 6, 2008, 7:38:36 AM9/6/08
On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 08:06:35 -0700 (PDT), palin...@yahoo.com wrote:

>http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
>
>This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the Wasilla
>library
>

>Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
>Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
>Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
>Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

Ah, the woman is clearly a psychic/clairvoyant! I'd definitely
recommend voting for her. Not only can she put her powers to good use
in a VP position, but she probably has already seen herself victorious
anyway so resistance is futile.

Come on people, you didn't really fall for this, did you? Ah, I see
that you did... And I just finished reading a post in a.a. complaining
about scientific illiteracy in the US. It seems, however, that the
people who are so vocal and eager to put down others' science
knowledge are the very same ones who most promptly abandon all reason
and critical thinking themselves when they are fed BS that happens to
align with their particular worldview. Being an unreasoning sheep is
much worse than lacking scientific knowledge, IMNSHO.

pba...@worldonline.nl

Sep 6, 2008, 8:23:45 AM9/6/08
On 4 sep, 17:06, palin.bi...@yahoo.com wrote:
> http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
>
> This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the Wasilla
> library

<snip>

> Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

If that is true she should be banned from any public office!
Banning that book contitutes support fro Tyranny and should therfore
be regarded as High-treason!

I am not litterate enough to evaluate all the other books on the list,
but it does seem like most of them are very good books indeed,
and many are very popular
Maybe my judgement is to hasty and she just wanted an excuse to close
the library (because nobody would want any of the remaining books)

Or - hopefully this is all not true.

Love,

Peter van Velzen
September 2008
Amstelveen
The Netherlands

pba...@worldonline.nl

Sep 6, 2008, 8:38:32 AM9/6/08
<snip the list, it is available elsewhere in the thread>

> %%%% Looking at just the titles I know I wouldn't want my grandchildren
> reading over half of these books. Many of the titles I'm not familiar with
> and a few titles were listed twice. Do you want your grade school child
> reading Fanny Hill or the Bible?
>
> "Before I became governor of the great state of Alaska
> I was mayor of my hometown. And since our opponents in
> this presidential election seem to look down on that
> experience, let me explain to them what the job involves.
> I guess a small-town mayor if sort of like a COMMUNITY
> ORGANIZER, except that you have actual RESPONSIBILITIES."
>
> -Governor Sarah Palin September 9, 2008

Unlike the Bible "Fanny Hill" does not support genocide at any page,
So I think "Fanny Hill" would be the lesser evil at least.
That being said I also oppose banning the Bible.

When Geert Wilders proposed to ban the Quran just as Hitler's "Mein
Kampf" is "banned" (you can read it, but you cannot sell it in the
Netherlands), the responsible Minister reacting with proposing to
uplift the ban on "Mein Kampf".
He was heavily critized for that, but personally I think he was right.
However abominal the opininon of the Author,
books should never be banned.

pba...@worldonline.nl

Sep 6, 2008, 8:47:20 AM9/6/08
On 4 sep, 19:18, The Starmaker <starma...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> palin.bi...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
>
> Any book that is forced upon a child to read should be banned.
> Let him read whatever he wants to read.
>
> This guy went to the library when he was ten years old..
> found a book by accident
> and now...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzok8OFA9m8
>
> I don't want to tell you what book I found by
> accident in a library when I was ten years old...

> Thank God I ignored the teacher
> when she told me to read a book for homework...
> I just didn't fuckin read it!
>
> I had other interest..
>
> When I went to the library at ten years old,
> I read what I wanted to read...
>
> The teacher should tell the kids,
> "Your homework is to go to the library and
> read any fuckin book you want!"
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzok8OFA9m8
>
> The Starmaker

<snip the list as it is available elsewhere in the thread>

Thank you for the wonderfull link,
but do not punish the book because it is forced upon a child,
ban the enforcer instead:-)

Al. E. Gator Esq.

Sep 6, 2008, 8:47:25 AM9/6/08

"AlanS" <no...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

shut the hell up, it's working, the horse is out of the barn

Al. E. Gator Esq.

Sep 6, 2008, 8:48:36 AM9/6/08

<pba...@worldonline.nl> wrote in message

no,no, you can be assured it's true, I will personally vouch for the
authenticity, and
everyone knows gators never lie

pba...@worldonline.nl

Sep 6, 2008, 8:53:56 AM9/6/08

Actually the list seems to be true, but has little (probably nothing)
to do wit Palin.
It sums up the idiocy of book-banning effortsin general.

thomas p.

Sep 6, 2008, 10:47:37 AM9/6/08

"John Baker" <nu...@bizniz.net> skrev i en meddelelse

And we have no idea what the politics of the poster of the list is. Even if
he/she is a Democrat, that would not mean that "The Democrats did it".

>>John Black

Messalina

Sep 6, 2008, 12:03:18 PM9/6/08
On Sep 4, 8:22 am, jcon <cirej...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sep 4, 10:06 am, palin.bi...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> >http://www.librarian.net/stax/2366/sarah-palin-vp-nominee
>
> > This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the Wasilla
> > library
>
> No it isn't.  This is a list of *all the books that have ever been
> banned* in the US.http://www.adlerbooks.com/banned.html

Yeah, that list did look suspicious.

> The whole book banning thing is based on one off the cuff
> remark by a political rival, with no evidence or details given.

Wrong. Numerous people have confirmed this story.

Mez

johac

Sep 7, 2008, 1:53:15 AM9/7/08
In article
<2f14a019-910f-41f3...@79g2000hsk.googlegroups.com>,
Taylor <lukeb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> She shouldn't have gotten those "Where did I come from?" sex education
> books banned from the PUBLIC library... it seems her 17-year-old unwed
> pregnant teen daughter could have used something other than "don't
> touch down there! that's nasty!". *rolls eyes*

Exactly. Too bad when she saw her daughter getting serious about
what's-his-face, her mother should have at least taken her aside and
told her what's what. And something more than "Don't!".

--
John #1782

2nz

Sep 7, 2008, 2:59:31 AM9/7/08
On Sep 6, 11:53 pm, johac <jhachm...@remove.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Exactly. Too bad when she saw her daughter getting serious about
> what's-his-face, her mother should have at least taken her aside and
> told her what's what. And something more than "Don't!".

Yeah...or something like, "Can he kill a rutting caribou bull with his
bare hands?"

Mitchell Holman

Sep 7, 2008, 9:13:05 AM9/7/08
2nz <Floonb...@gmail.com> wrote in news:4f4ca028-671c-4141-ae07-
946a55...@y21g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Or at least invite along to go shoot bears from airplanes........

Velouria

Sep 7, 2008, 9:18:59 AM9/7/08
On Sep 4, 10:07 am, "Al. E. Gator Esq." <ObamaCroc08.net> wrote:
> typical book burning Nazi<palin.bi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the Wasilla
> library
>
> A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
> A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
> Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden
> As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner
> Blubber by Judy Blume
> Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
> Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
> Canterbury Tales by Chaucer
> Carrie by Stephen King
> Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
> Christine by Stephen King
> Confessions by Jean-Jacques Rousseau
> Cujo by Stephen King
> Curses, Hexes, and Spells by Daniel Cohen
> Daddy’s Roommate by Michael Willhoite
> Day No Pigs Would Die by Robert Peck
> Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
> Decameron by Boccaccio
> East of Eden by John Steinbeck
> Fallen Angels by Walter Myers
> Fanny Hill (Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure) by John Cleland
> Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes
> Forever by Judy Blume
> Grendel by John Champlin Gardner
> Halloween ABC by Eve Merriam
> Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
> Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
> Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
> Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

Gee, and I've only read about half of them. Guess I'd better get busy
in case McPalin wins in November.

-V

Buttercup

Sep 7, 2008, 9:34:47 AM9/7/08
On Sep 4, 10:06�am, palin.bi...@yahoo.com wrote:

> To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee

To Kill A Mockingbird?

Something wrong with that!

scorp...@yahoo.com

Sep 7, 2008, 11:39:39 AM9/7/08

More Left Wing BULLSHIT! try getting at the truth instead of just
repeating the crap you get off of some partisan web site.

johac

Sep 8, 2008, 12:32:12 AM9/8/08
In article <Xns9B1253A7...@216.196.97.131>,
Mitchell Holman <Noe...@comcast.com> wrote:

Or field dress a moose, take it home, and grind it up for moose burgers.
--
John #1782

Mitchell Holman

Sep 8, 2008, 1:06:44 AM9/8/08
johac <jhac...@remove.sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:jhachmann-
7F1890.213...@news.giganews.com:

It's "What Jesus Would Do".............

johac

Sep 9, 2008, 12:50:26 AM9/9/08
In article <Xns9B131348...@216.196.97.131>,
Mitchell Holman <Noe...@comcast.com> wrote:

> johac <jhac...@remove.sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:jhachmann-
> 7F1890.213...@news.giganews.com:
>
> > In article <Xns9B1253A7...@216.196.97.131>,
> > Mitchell Holman <Noe...@comcast.com> wrote:
> >
> >> 2nz <Floonb...@gmail.com> wrote in news:4f4ca028-671c-4141-ae07-
> >> 946a55...@y21g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

> >> Or at least invite along to go shoot bears from airplanes........
> >
> > Or field dress a moose, take it home, and grind it up for moose burgers.
>

> It's "What Jesus Would Do".............

I'll bet even Jesus didn't hunt wolves from a helicopter.
--
John #1782

Mitchell Holman

Sep 9, 2008, 8:32:23 AM9/9/08
johac <jhac...@remove.sbcglobal.net> wrote in

The word "hunt" doesn't come close.

Shooting bears from airplanes. Gads.

http://current.com/items/89277542
_sarah_palin_supports_shooting_wolves_and_bears_from_airplanes

http://www.grizzlybay.org/SarahPalinInfoPage.htm

2nz

Sep 9, 2008, 8:38:47 AM9/9/08
On Sep 9, 6:32 am, Mitchell Holman <Noem...@comcast.com> wrote:
> johac <jhachm...@remove.sbcglobal.net> wrote innews:jhachmann-83BE5...@news.giganews.com:
>

> > In article <Xns9B131348B442ta2e...@216.196.97.131>,
> >  Mitchell Holman <Noem...@comcast.com> wrote:
>
> >> johac <jhachm...@remove.sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:jhachmann-
> >> 7F1890.21321207092...@news.giganews.com:

> >>    It's "What Jesus Would Do".............
>
> > I'll bet even Jesus didn't hunt wolves from a helicopter.
>
>      The word "hunt" doesn't come close.
>
>      Shooting bears from airplanes. Gads.
>
> http://current.com/items/89277542
> _sarah_palin_supports_shooting_wolves_and_bears_from_airplanes
>
> http://www.grizzlybay.org/SarahPalinInfoPage.htm

The bears wish they could vote for Palin.
They can't wait to get her out of their neighborhood.

Alex W.

Sep 9, 2008, 8:42:54 AM9/9/08

"johac" <jhac...@remove.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> [...]

He would not need a whirlybird.
He can levitate.

Mitchell Holman

Sep 9, 2008, 8:45:41 AM9/9/08
2nz <Floonb...@gmail.com> wrote in news:745edc10-3b04-4aeb-8886-
d70e43...@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

> On Sep 9, 6:32 am, Mitchell Holman <Noem...@comcast.com> wrote:
>> johac <jhachm...@remove.sbcglobal.net> wrote innews:jhachmann-

83BE57.2150
> 26080...@news.giganews.com:

That's why Texans voted for Bush. Get him out
of the state at all costs..........

mlr

Sep 9, 2008, 11:50:23 AM9/9/08
> This is the list of books Palin tried to have banned from the Wasilla
> library

NOT! FAILIN PALIN didn't get as far as a list. The actual story is
chilling enough, the list is unnecessary. As to who started that, who
knows? Republicans also put out worse stories so they can be debunked
and they can say it was false. All the while the public is duped
into not seeing how she tried to circumvent the Constitution. Palin
is for a change that corrodes the peoples rights.

Palin asked the Wasilla City Librarian, Mary Ellen Emmons, if she
would ban some books. After several tries she tried to get rid of
Emmons for disloyalty. Like Emmons was disloyal to Palin and loyal to
the Constitution and the First Amendement. The librarian is an
American hero.

The America system worked. The town made a choice for their respected
librarian, they stood up against Palin's tyranny. Emmons got her job
back. Palin failed because censorship and loyalty oaths are for
dictators who don't love what this country stands for.

Palin was attending a church that possibly has a list she would
follow. The current list needs to be stated for what it is,
Books Banned at One Time or Another in the United States, it's not
Palin's list.

Palin was the mayor of the methamphetamine mecca of Alaska. Did she
do anything about that so the children of her town would be able to
read?

Palin's failure to usurp the Constitution needs to be told without the
list. The McCain machine is now doing damage control, they distract
from Palin's egregious actions.

If you want to speculate on books Palin would ban, try investigating
her church of 20 years. I think it's a part of the groups that put
out the 2006 documentary "Jesus Camp", a Pentecostal/charismatic
summer camp for children. Her husband was a member of a controversial
Alaskan party until it made political sense to be a Republican.

On Sep 9, 5:45 am, Mitchell Holman <Noem...@comcast.com> wrote:
> 2nz <Floonbust...@gmail.com> wrote in news:745edc10-3b04-4aeb-8886-
> d70e43ca2...@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

> > On Sep 9, 6:32 am, Mitchell Holman <Noem...@comcast.com> wrote:
> >> johac <jhachm...@remove.sbcglobal.net> wrote innews:jhachmann-
> 83BE57.2150

> > 2608092...@news.giganews.com:

edonline

Sep 9, 2008, 1:13:51 PM9/9/08
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/09/politics/animal/main4430259.shtml

Palin's Book-banning Efforts

Sep 9, 2008 (Political Animal)

PALIN'S BOOK-BANNING EFFORTS....

There's been a list making the rounds lately, showing books that Sarah
Palin allegedly tried to ban from Wasilla's public library during her
mayoral tenure. The list isn't true, and in some instances, doesn't
even make sense (some the books hadn't even been published in 1996,
when the incident is alleged to have occurred).

The McCain campaign is apparently aware of the rumor, and is pushing
back.

The McCain-Palin team is continuing its pushback campaign against
stories about VP nominee Sarah Palin that have taken on a life of
their own on the Internet.On Monday, they sent reporters a memo in
response to reports that the Wasilla, Alaska resident had tried to ban
a lengthy list of books when she was mayor of that town.

"This is categorically false. The fact is that as Mayor, Palin
never asked anyone to ban a book and not one book was ever banned,
period," McCain campaign spokesman Brian Rogers said, directing
reporters to campaign research "debunking this smear."

While the purported list is bogus, we do know that something happened
with regards to Palin and at least a question about book banning.

Time reported last week, for example, that Palin asked the Wasilla
librarian, Mary Ellen Baker, about the process for banning books.
Baker was reportedly "aghast" at the question. Soon after taking
office, Palin, according to a New York Times report, fired Baker, and
news reports from the time indicate that Palin thought Baker hadn't
done enough to give her "full support" to the mayor.

Palin reversed course on Baker's dismissal after a local outcry, and
later said the discussions about banning books were "rhetorical."

I can understand why the McCain campaign is pushing back against a
bogus list that's making the rounds. Deceptive claims are deceptive
claims, no matter who the target is. But as long as McCain aides are
talking about this issue, maybe they can answer a couple of additional
questions, such as, "Why did Palin try to fire the librarian in the
first place?" Or how about, "Why did Palin broach the subject of book-
banning if she had no intention of trying to ban books?"

Great ExSpangtations

Sep 9, 2008, 2:56:13 PM9/9/08
On Sep 9, 5:32 am, Mitchell Holman <Noem...@comcast.com> wrote:
> johac <jhachm...@remove.sbcglobal.net> wrote innews:jhachmann-83BE5...@news.giganews.com:

> > In article <Xns9B131348B442ta2e...@216.196.97.131>,
> >  Mitchell Holman <Noem...@comcast.com> wrote:
>
> >> johac <jhachm...@remove.sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:jhachmann-
> >> 7F1890.21321207092...@news.giganews.com:

> >>    It's "What Jesus Would Do".............
>
> > I'll bet even Jesus didn't hunt wolves from a helicopter.
>
>      The word "hunt" doesn't come close.
>
>      Shooting bears from airplanes. Gads.

Yeah, Palin's not just a mere "hunter", she's more like some kind of
crazed, lunatic storm shooter instead. What's even worse is that she's
arrogant about it. :-(

Her husband is part Alaska Native. His people have survived for years
hunting for the actual food itself. She hunts just for the thrill of
the hunt; for the bravado; just like most native Idahoans.

S*Babykins

mlr

Sep 9, 2008, 6:02:26 PM9/9/08
> I can understand why the McCain campaign is pushing back against a
> bogus list that's making the rounds. Deceptive claims are deceptive
> claims, no matter who the target is. But as long as McCain aides are
> talking about this issue, maybe they can answer a couple of additional
> questions, such as, "Why did Palin try to fire the librarian in the
> first place?" Or how about, "Why did Palin broach the subject of book-
> banning if she had no intention of trying to ban books?"

It would not be unique for Republicans to put out the bogus list and
YELL "deceptive" like they are victimized. It deflects the real
story.
They count on dumb people who don't pay attention to the First
Amendment. Why would she ask a "rhetorical" question like that, how
many times? The librarian was fired! She was rehired because of the
outcry against tyranny. All the push back spin doesn't change all her
abuses. That's not to say same old corrupt politicians won't get her
out of Troopergate. McCain got out of Keating Five and too much to
list. Business as usual is all the McCain campaign shows.
On Sep 9, 10:13 am, edonline <eronl...@verizon.net> wrote:
> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/09/politics/animal/main4430259...

johac

Sep 10, 2008, 12:36:54 AM9/10/08
In article <6in9ffF...@mid.individual.net>,
"Alex W." <ing...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

If he was feeling lazy he cold just ask daddy to smite them.
--
John #1782

mlr

Sep 10, 2008, 6:21:43 PM9/10/08
No one disputes there was an outcry against Palin's tyranny. There
are other examples of her abusive behaviors.
Troopergate is the I know that is in the court system. The Judge told
her to stop her child abuse. Read Newsweek on that.
I'll try to find it later.
On Sep 9, 9:36 pm, johac <jhachm...@remove.sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> In article <6in9ffFrc69...@mid.individual.net>,
> "Alex W." <ing...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Angelocracy

Sep 10, 2008, 6:35:05 PM9/10/08

"If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it" a
quotation from Adolf Hitler.

lie after lie about Palin

cnn just had a guest on who said Palin cut funds for special needs
kids, which is another lie, she triple funds as governor

You Nazi bastards

she never tried to ban books, you Nazi bastards

you attack Palin on her faith

you racist bigot Nazi Bastards

dam you dam you all to hell

http://angelocracy.blogspot.com/2008/09/sarah-palin-and-lunatic-fringe.html

Cary Kittrell

Sep 10, 2008, 6:44:42 PM9/10/08
In article <4e9a1501-24f8-46c5...@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com> Angelocracy <ju...@angelocracy.com> writes:
> On Sep 10, 3:21=A0pm, mlr <Lzrya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > No one disputes there was an outcry against Palin's tyranny. =A0There

> > are other examples of her abusive behaviors.
> > Troopergate is the I know that is in the court system. =A0The Judge told
> > her to stop her child abuse. =A0Read Newsweek on that.

> > I'll try to find it later.
> > On Sep 9, 9:36 pm, johac <jhachm...@remove.sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> e07-

> ote:

> bout

> side

> with

> es........

> > > If he was feeling lazy he cold just ask daddy to smite them.
> > > --
> > > John #1782
>
> "If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it" a
> quotation from Adolf Hitler.

> lie after lie about Palin
>
> cnn just had a guest on who said Palin cut funds for special needs
> kids, which is another lie, she triple funds as governor
>

> You Nazi bastards
>
> she never tried to ban books, you Nazi bastards

She didn't have the librarian fired?

> you attack Palin on her faith
>
> you racist bigot Nazi Bastards

Now evangelicals are a race? Did I miss a memo or something?

> dam you dam you all to hell

Well, as long as we're just dammed, and not damned, I suppose it's OK.

> http://angelocracy.blogspot.com/2008/09/sarah-palin-and-lunatic-fringe.html

Doc Smartass

Sep 10, 2008, 8:35:57 PM9/10/08
Angelocracy <ju...@angelocracy.com> wrote in

> dam you dam you all to hell

Nice Mr. Hat content, little pup.

--
Doc Smartass, BAAWA Knight of Heckling
aa # 1939

Don't Blame the telescope if you don't like the view. (Panama Floyd)

Billzz

Sep 10, 2008, 9:02:30 PM9/10/08

"Cary Kittrell" <ca...@afone.as.arizona.edu> wrote in message

> In article
> <4e9a1501-24f8-46c5...@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>
> Angelocracy <ju...@angelocracy.com> writes:
>> On Sep 10, 3:21=A0pm, mlr <Lzrya...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > No one disputes there was an outcry against Palin's tyranny. =A0There
>> > are other examples of her abusive behaviors.
>> > Troopergate is the I know that is in the court system. =A0The Judge
>> > told
>> > her to stop her child abuse. =A0Read Newsweek on that.
>> > I'll try to find it later.

You are not even completely dammed. Something is leaking out.

>> http://angelocracy.blogspot.com/2008/09/sarah-palin-and-lunatic-fringe.html

johac

Sep 11, 2008, 12:38:44 AM9/11/08
In article
<a9e42e50-aa69-4248...@p25g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
mlr <Lzry...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No one disputes there was an outcry against Palin's tyranny. There
> are other examples of her abusive behaviors.
> Troopergate is the I know that is in the court system. The Judge told
> her to stop her child abuse. Read Newsweek on that.
> I'll try to find it later.

New things are coming out about her everyday. I find it astonishing that
she was chosen before anyone checked her out.

--
John #1782

It is loading more messages.