Actress Meredith Eaton's husband actor Michael Gilden found dead

Laninna

Dec 8, 2006, 12:59:21 PM12/8/06

Dec 8, 2006, 8:58:00 PM12/8/06
On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 18:17:16 -0600, "explorer" <No...@ubidnis.com>

Dec 9, 2006, 1:27:16 AM12/9/06

And she's the dwarf on Boston Legal.

Message has been deleted

mc

Dec 9, 2006, 4:47:49 PM12/9/06

explorer wrote:
> x-no-archive: yes
> <Ki...@webtv.net> wrote in message
> I checked both their entries on IMDB -- I still don't know them. I don't
> watch Boston Legal.

Me either, but dang she's short...4'3" on imdb.

mc

AKA

Dec 9, 2006, 6:26:27 PM12/9/06

"mc" <mcsqu...@netzero.net> wrote in message

A lack of height is a prerequisite for playing a dwarf on Boston Legal.

LK

Dec 9, 2006, 6:48:00 PM12/9/06

Laninna wrote:
> Found hanging...
>
> More to come I'm sure ...

Any confirmation of this ????

Mark Stringer

Dec 9, 2006, 8:19:23 PM12/9/06
explorer wrote:

> And she's the dwarf on Boston Legal.

Did he hang himself on a door knob?

(yes, I know I'm going to hell)

Mark Stringer

Dec 9, 2006, 8:25:25 PM12/9/06
AKA wrote:

> A lack of height is a prerequisite for playing a dwarf on Boston
> Legal.

That's heightism or bigotry or somesuch that I want to be offended
about. The roles of dwarfs should be open to people of any stature.

Message has been deleted

Ki...@webtv.net

Dec 10, 2006, 12:04:47 AM12/10/06
brdz...@aol.com (LK) wrote:

>>Found hanging...

Well, not much to go on, but there's this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Gilden

groups...@yahoo.com

Dec 10, 2006, 1:27:23 AM12/10/06
It's true. Michael's father passed away a few days before. He had been
battling severe depression for some time.
Merideth came home and found him hanging in the garage on Tuesday
morning.
Very tragic.

mc

Dec 10, 2006, 8:52:12 AM12/10/06

Wait, she's really known as "the dwarf on BL"? That's rough.

mc

Reality Check

Dec 10, 2006, 9:24:17 AM12/10/06
On 10 Dec 2006 05:52:12 -0800, "mc" <mcsqu...@netzero.net> wrote:

>AKA wrote:
>> "mc" <mcsqu...@netzero.net> wrote in message

>> > Me either, but dang she's short...4'3" on imdb.

>> A lack of height is a prerequisite for playing a dwarf on Boston Legal.

>Wait, she's really known as "the dwarf on BL"? That's rough.

Not really - she *is* a dwarf.

From an answer to a question on
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2006/10/the_strange_cas.html :

"...Meredith (who is a friend of mine), is an actual dwarf - she is 4'
3" ... and one hell of an actress - check out the movie 'Unconditional
Love,' which she totally steals from Kathy Bates and Rupert Everett.
There are many different forms of dwarfism; and in Meredith's case her
head and face are indeed of 'average' size."

LK

Dec 10, 2006, 1:22:12 PM12/10/06

Oh, crap ... that's terrible. My partner has been watching him on NCIS
... and Meredith is awesome on Boston Legal. How awful... for both of
them ... truly very sad ...

LK

Dec 10, 2006, 1:24:14 PM12/10/06

Reality Check wrote:

> Not really - she *is* a dwarf.
>
> From an answer to a question on
> http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2006/10/the_strange_cas.html :
>
> "...Meredith (who is a friend of mine), is an actual dwarf - she is 4'
> 3" ... and one hell of an actress - check out the movie 'Unconditional
> Love,' which she totally steals from Kathy Bates and Rupert Everett.
> There are many different forms of dwarfism; and in Meredith's case her
> head and face are indeed of 'average' size."

She's a terrific actress ... how terrible this must be for her ...

Reality Check

Dec 10, 2006, 1:49:59 PM12/10/06

Are we sure it's true? I can't find anything online about it at all.

Garondo Marondo

Dec 10, 2006, 2:35:01 PM12/10/06

Willaim Shatner's midget girlfriend who he thought for a time was his
daughter throuigh Delta Burke. Assuming she's not involved poor thing.

..
Garondo Marondo!

Message has been deleted

KenStahl

Dec 10, 2006, 5:45:11 PM12/10/06
Garondo Marondo wrote:

That web page doesn't give a date of death, so I have to
wonder if it is true that he is dead.

--
Life is a journey. You don't get to start at the end.

LK

Dec 10, 2006, 6:56:19 PM12/10/06
KenStahl wrote:

> That web page doesn't give a date of death, so I have to
> wonder if it is true that he is dead.

OK ... this is really weird ... the Wikipedia entry for Michael Gilden
stated earlier today that he committed suicide at home on December 5
... but NOW that sentence has been removed from the entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Gilden

Also, there is no obituary in the L.A. Times ... so ... is it really
true or not ?!!!

Message has been deleted

mc

Dec 10, 2006, 9:37:59 PM12/10/06

Someone already posted the wikipedia article. Why wouldn't it be true
btw?

mc

Reality Check

Dec 10, 2006, 9:55:38 PM12/10/06

It's not there now on wikipedia - it's been removed until a citation
is found (according to the history for his page). I haven't been able
to find any mention online anywhere, so I'm hoping it isn't true. I'll
look again, but so far, nothing at all.

Message has been deleted

groups...@yahoo.com

Dec 10, 2006, 10:23:29 PM12/10/06
I assure you the story is not bogus. Meredith is a friend and I was at
the funeral today

On Dec 10, 6:49 pm, "It's the Principle!"
<brandy...@kittylitternewsguy.com> wrote:
> mc <mcsquare...@netzero.net> wrote in alt.gossip.celebrities:
>

> > Reality Check wrote:

> > mcBecause Wiki is a popular dumping ground for vendettas since anyone can
> edit articles. If the story exists no other place but there, and so
> far it looks that way, it's bogus.
>
> --
> Brandy Alexandre
>
> --Everything tastes better with cat hair in it. =^.^=

mc

Dec 10, 2006, 11:50:18 PM12/10/06

groups...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I assure you the story is not bogus. Meredith is a friend and I was at
> the funeral today

God, that had to be the saddest day. :(

mc

Message has been deleted

JDavi...@aol.com

Dec 11, 2006, 12:46:38 AM12/11/06

On Dec 9, 1:47 pm, "mc" <mcsquare...@netzero.net> wrote:
> explorer wrote:
> > x-no-archive: yes
> > <K...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> > >http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0318402/
>
> > And she's the dwarf on Boston Legal.
>
> > I checked both their entries on IMDB -- I still don't know them.  I don't

> > watch Boston Legal.Me either, but dang she's short...4'3" on imdb.

She's a dwarf you idiot and my partner's cousin was Michael Gilden how
dare you!!!

JDavi...@aol.com

Dec 11, 2006, 12:50:31 AM12/11/06

How dare you make such an terrible comment! Michael was my cousin and
his death is horrible! How does someone justify making jokes about
such a horrible tragedy! Meredith's husband is dead and I'd hate to
think of her seeing this crap, How could you!

Lily

Dec 11, 2006, 3:02:33 AM12/11/06
Mark Stringer wrote:

<<That's heightism or bigotry or somesuch that I want to be offended
about. The roles of dwarfs should be open to people of any stature.>>

HAHAHAHA!

That would be a reach.

Oh, wait--

Lily

arg...@priest.com

Dec 11, 2006, 10:23:58 AM12/11/06
Has anybody checked VARIETY? Unfortunately, I don't have a subscription.

Nancy2

Dec 11, 2006, 10:54:29 AM12/11/06

Ki...@webtv.net wrote:

> >>That's too bad. Who are either of them?
>
> >http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0318402/
>
> And she's the dwarf on Boston Legal.

I wonder if they met on the sets of Family Law; that's where I've seen
her in the past, and I note he was in an episode or so.

N.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Reality Check

Dec 11, 2006, 6:27:16 PM12/11/06

>> > And she's the dwarf on Boston Legal.Did he hang himself on a door knob?

>> (yes, I know I'm going to hell)
>
>How dare you make such an terrible comment! Michael was my cousin and
>his death is horrible! How does someone justify making jokes about
>such a horrible tragedy! Meredith's husband is dead and I'd hate to
>think of her seeing this crap, How could you!
>~~~~~~~
>
>For the record, I, "explorer", only commented that I had no idea who these
>people were. The rest is a result of careless <<SNIPPING>> in someone
>else's reply.

Piggybacking here - I finally found something online, and
unfortunately, it's true :(

http://www.etonline.com/tv/news/38038/

No cause of death has been released for the character actor and "NCIS"
star, who died in his home last week.

MICHAEL GILDEN -- the actor who most recently starred as PAULEY
PERRETTE's love interest on the CBS drama "NCIS" -- died on Tuesday,
December 5, at his home in Los Angeles, California.

He had also appeared on "Charmed," "Family Law" and "CSI: Crime Scene
Investigation," as well as feature films including 'Pulp Fiction' and
'Star Wars: Episode VI - Return Of The Jedi.'

Gilden was married to another successful acting little person,
MEREDITH EATON-GILDEN, who's been WILLIAM SHATNER's love interest on
"Boston Legal."

The 44-year-old actor was buried Sunday during a private service in
Mission Hills, California.

mc

Dec 11, 2006, 8:57:01 PM12/11/06

Reality Check wrote:

> >> (yes, I know I'm going to hell)
> >
> >How dare you make such an terrible comment! Michael was my cousin and
> >his death is horrible! How does someone justify making jokes about
> >such a horrible tragedy! Meredith's husband is dead and I'd hate to
> >think of her seeing this crap, How could you!
> >~~~~~~~
> >
> >For the record, I, "explorer", only commented that I had no idea who these
> >people were. The rest is a result of careless <<SNIPPING>> in someone
> >else's reply.
>
> Piggybacking here - I finally found something online, and
> unfortunately, it's true :(

I don't understand why anyone doubted it. WTH would make it up?

mc

Reality Check

Dec 11, 2006, 9:14:24 PM12/11/06

I don't know, but it happens. Remember Will Ferrell being killed in a
hang gliding accident? Or Urkel's (i think) untimely death? There
are some pretty sick people out there.

elz...@aol.com

Dec 11, 2006, 10:55:15 PM12/11/06

LK wrote:

> Also, there is no obituary in the L.A. Times ... so ... is it really
> true or not ?!!!

True. Committed suicide. Private services. Pretty sad.

Message has been deleted

Anim8rFSK

Dec 12, 2006, 1:41:04 AM12/12/06
In article <3KidnZvDpac1s-PY...@centurytel.net>,
"explorer" <No...@ubidnis.com> wrote:

> x-no-archive: yes
> <elz...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Obituaries in the local paper aren't automatic. You have to submit them --
> though the funeral director normally does this as part of the service and
> charges for it.

Depending on the paper, they charge, and charge big bucks. We wanted to
run an obit for my Dad in the San Francisco paper (he was born in the
bay area) and they wanted three thousand dollars or something.

--
Killfile Troy Heagy in all (s)he-its many incarnations now:
Troy....@gmail.com,video...@yahoo.com

Message has been deleted

mc

Dec 12, 2006, 8:55:33 AM12/12/06

It's the Principle! wrote:
> explorer <No...@ubidnis.com> wrote in alt.gossip.celebrities:

> > x-no-archive: yes
> ><elz...@aol.com> wrote in message
> >>
> > Obituaries in the local paper aren't automatic. You have to
> > submit them -- though the funeral director normally does this as
> > part of the service and charges for it.
> >
> > Perhaps the family or the deceased himself did not want a big fuss
> > made but wanted to keep it an intimate family matter.
> >

> Sorry, but it's news. It would escape the paper in Los Angeles. And I
> must point out that the OP never came back with a source. I'm not
> saying it's not true, just that the information is 100% suspect.

Well, ET's reporting it, though no cause of death.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/news/38038/

mc

awil...@sjc.edu

Dec 12, 2006, 11:52:37 AM12/12/06

groups...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I assure you the story is not bogus. Meredith is a friend and I was at
> the funeral today

Well, the fans of NCIS at Yahoo groups are very sad at the news,
recently posted by Harriet the producer's assistant. So many of us
would like to offer condolences to Michael's family. We all found his
character charming and really enjoyed his recent performances on NCIS
and were looking to see more of his romance with Abby. In fact, the
recent episode of NCIS in which he appeared (Smoked) was number 3
overall and number 1 for CBS that week I believe. I'm sorry he won't be
around to read all the wonderful things fans have been posting about
him since his appearance, but hopefully someone will save them for his
family.

Ann

arg...@priest.com

Dec 12, 2006, 2:57:30 PM12/12/06

On 11-Dec-2006, "Col. Angus" <bigm...@deepsouth.org> wrote:

> It seems unlikely, especially after reading this...
>
> http://www.tvguide.com/detail/tv-show.aspx?episodeid=3628724&tvobjectid=100100&more=ucepisodelist

Perhaps this was the root of the report. I certainly hope so!

J. B.

Dec 12, 2006, 3:36:35 PM12/12/06

On Monday night's show they said he, "took his own life."