Meredith Baxter reveals she is a lesbian

edonline

Dec 2, 2009, 10:03:05 AM12/2/09
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091202/ap_en_tv/us_people_meredith_baxter

Actress Meredith Baxter reveals she is a lesbian

NEW YORK – Meredith Baxter, who played mother Elyse Keaton on the
1980s TV series "Family Ties," has revealed that she is a lesbian.

"I am a lesbian, and it was a later-in-life recognition of that fact,"
the 62-year-old actress said in an interview Wednesday on NBC's
"Today" show.

Baxter said she has been in a relationship with her girlfriend, a
general contractor, for four years.

"Some people are saying, were you living a lie? And, you know, the
truth is, not at all. This has only been in the past seven years," she
said.

Baxter has been married three times, including to David Birney, her co-
star on the '70s TV series "Bridget Loves Bernie." She is the mother
of five children.

Baxter said she is "extraordinarily happy" and the support from her
family and friends was immediate and unqualified.

Kris Baker

Dec 2, 2009, 11:20:57 AM12/2/09

"edonline" <eron...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091202/ap_en_tv/us_people_meredith_baxter
>
> Actress Meredith Baxter reveals she is a lesbian

This one was a shock. I saw the tease on the Today show, saying
she had something she'd been hiding.

I figured she'd just come out of rehab ;)

Kris

Big J

Dec 2, 2009, 11:26:46 AM12/2/09
"Kris Baker" <paralle...@ggmail.com> wrote in news:7nnifaF39tcsiU1
@mid.individual.net:

> "edonline" <eron...@verizon.net> wrote in message

@l35g2000vba.googlegroups.com...

>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091202/ap_en_tv/us_people_meredith_baxter
>>
>> Actress Meredith Baxter reveals she is a lesbian
>
> This one was a shock. I saw the tease on the Today show, saying
> she had something she'd been hiding.
>
> I figured she'd just come out of rehab ;)
>
> Kris

Kinda surprising to me, too.

I've known several women who came out that late in life. For them, it was
a slow discovery or process to discover their attraction to women rather
than a conscious, closeted life.

Big J

-----

Twitchell

Dec 2, 2009, 11:41:40 AM12/2/09
In article <7nnifaF...@mid.individual.net>, Kris Baker says...

I guess it's time to go thru the list of lesbian BIs to find a match.

twitch

Kris Baker

Dec 2, 2009, 11:42:24 AM12/2/09

"Big J" <bi...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

"Bisexual means you have twice the chance of finding a date
for Saturday night" -- Woody Allen

Kris

MC

Dec 2, 2009, 11:49:30 AM12/2/09
In article <7nnjnhF...@mid.individual.net>,
"Kris Baker" <paralle...@ggmail.com> wrote:

If I were a lesbian I'd have done her - about 40 years ago!

--

"If you can, tell me something happy."
- Marybones

Big J

Dec 2, 2009, 11:56:37 AM12/2/09
"Kris Baker" <paralle...@ggmail.com> wrote in

...and half the chance of knowing if they are the right one...

Big J

-----

Kris Baker

Dec 2, 2009, 12:03:27 PM12/2/09

"Twitchell" <Twitchel...@newsguy.com> wrote in message

Everyone was guessing Mariska Hargitay ;)

DavidTanny

Dec 2, 2009, 12:52:27 PM12/2/09
Hard to believe that during her Family days, I used to whack off to her.