BITS AND PIECES 08/05

PUSSSYKATT

Aug 5, 2002, 9:55:30 AM8/5/02
NY POST/MICHAEL STARR....
--"Days of Our Lives" star Nadia Bjorlin, who plays leukemia-stricken Chloe
Lane on the NBC soap, is taking her character's struggle one step further.
Bjorlin, whose father suffered from leukemia and eventually died from the
disease, will become the "official ambassador" for this year's "Light The Night
Walk," sponsored by The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The walk is the
society's annual evening event to celebrate and commemorate those whose lives
have been touched by cancer and to raise money to cure leukemia, lymphoma and
myeloma. Bjorlin's father, Swedish maestro Ulf Bjorlin Sr., died frome leukemia
in 1993. Bjorlin will make public appearances on behalf of the society at
various walks (220 walks are held nationwide by 60 chapters) and serve as
spokesperson for a series of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society PSAs airing on
NBC.

NY POST/PAGE SIX...
--BRITISH TV star Steve Coogan likes to have a back-up plan when it comes to
babes. The comic, who stars in "24-Hour Party People," the new movie about the
Manchester, England, music scene, got phone numbers from two lovely lasses at
the flick's after-party at the Roxy Thursday, and separately invited them to
the David Bowie/Moby concert at Jones Beach. He told both women they were "the
most beautiful girl I've ever seen" and called them repeatedly the next
morning. Problem is, they had a mutual acquaintance and learned Coogan was a
cad. Better behaved at the Roxy: Janeane Garafolo, Karen O from the Yeah Yeah
Yeahs and Moby, who manned the deejay booth.

--NAYSAYERS predicted that Mariah Carey wouldn't come out with another album
until at least next spring, but the sultry songbird has proved them wrong.
Sources say Carey is making her comeback debut with Island Def Jam records on
Dec. 10. "They will release a single in the second week of September," we hear.
The album, titled "Mariah," is produced by Irv Gotti - the genius behind Ja
Rule and Ashanti.

--WITH Michael Skakel safely in jail, his one-time schoolmates are ratting him
out. One guy, who said he grew up with Skakel wrote to Dominick Dunne: "Tommy
[Skakel] and Michael used to mimic Johnny Carson's habit of swinging imaginary
golf clubs and then laugh. They joked about Martha Moxley's death." Another
ex-acquaintance said Skakel once tried to gouge his eye out, and "I had the
unmistakable sense that he was enjoying himself." Dunne includes this info in
his column in the September Vanity Fair.

--WHEN clueless Columbia Pictures signed 19-year-old Alicia Silverstone to a
multi-picture deal six years ago on the strength of "Clueless," the studio gave
her an office, staff and a production deal worth $7 million. These were the
same execs responsible for "Last Action Hero." Now, a few flops later, Alicia
is on Broadway in "The Graduate," and Alanis Morissette doesn't answer her
letters. "We have a mutual friend, so I sent her a letter basically telling her
how much I loved her music, mentioning our mutal friend," Silverstone told
Webster Hall art curator Baird Jones the other night. "I never heard back . . .
Alanis must have lumped me in with her fans. Maybe she thought I was a stalker,
or that I have violent tendencies." In her latest movie, "Global Heresy,"
Silverstone's role was greatly reduced, and the picture co-starring Peter
O'Toole and Joan Plowright went straight to video. Pretty soon she might be a
mere fan.

--DENIS Leary treating five burly firefighters to steaks and drinks - many,
many drinks - at Strip House . . .

--LIAM Neeson at the Club 55 beach in St. Tropez refusing to sign an autograph
for an 8-year-old girl who promptly burst into tears . . .

--USHER and *NSYNC's Joey Fatone getting into a dance-off competition at Boyz
II Men's record release party at Suede.

--KYLIE Minogue doesn't take a slight lying down. The Australian pop tart went
ballistic at a "Saturday Night Live" after-party when she bumped into Bill
Schulz, a Stuff magazine writer who profiled her in a recent issue. "She
slapped me across the face," Schulz told London tabs. "Kylie was not happy at
all by the article. She felt her words had been twisted," a Minogue pal said. A
spokesman denies she slapped Schulz, saying, "It was a verbal assault. She told
him he needed a slap across the face."

--MARISA Tomei is said to be so anxious over the impending anniversary of the
Sept. 11 terrorist attack that she's been dropping by the Kundalini Yoga Center
on Broadway and 18th to "de-stress." And Tomei is not alone. A center spokesman
said free classes are being given each weeknight at 8 p.m. in order "to teach
the community how to de-stress and heal." How does one say "free introductory
offer" in Hindu?

NY POST/LIZ SMITH....
--ALL the fame you should look for in life is to have lived it quietly," wrote
the essayist Michel Eyguem de Montaigne.Quietly is the way Ben Stiller intends
to live his life in the future. Ben gave us an exclusive quote that I pass on
to all who looked forward to his co-starring with Danny DeVito in David Mamet's
Pulitzer Prize-winning play, "Glengarry Glen Ross," this January on Broadway.
"I've made the difficult decision to withdraw from 'Glengarry Glen Ross.' My
priorities changed after the birth of my daughter, and the reality of being
separated from my family for the better part of eight months caused me to
rethink my commitment. We decided this would be the best thing for us. "Sadly,
I will miss the opportunity to work with this brilliant team of David Mamet,
director Daniel Sullivan, producer Robert Cole and co-star Danny DeVito -
especially in this masterpiece. I want to publicly apologize to everyone
involved for not being able to be a part of what I know will be an incredible
production. My highest hope is to have the chance to work together sometime in
the future." (Producer Cole says, "I am now exactly where I was in April prior
to Ben Stiller's involvement - I'm sitting on top of the world with Danny
DeVito.") Danny DeVito, who as director is editing his film "Duplex," starring
Stiller and Drew Barrymore, says, " 'Glengarry Glen Ross" is one of my favorite
plays ever. I know it must be tough for Ben. So much has changed for the three
of them in a few months. I don't know who will replace him. I'm leaving that to
the director and producer. However, it's great to be here in New York, as my
wife, Rhea [Perlman] is currently starring in 'The Tale of the Allergist's
Wife.' "

--BOY WONDER, 21-year-old singer Josh Groban, will have his tonsils removed
next week. Don't panic - his golden notes will not be harmed. (But, his
appearance with John Williams at Tanglewood has been nixed.) This kid's hot.
Celine Dion and Barbara Cook love his talent. His fans call themselves
Groban-ites. His album is a Top 10, double-platinum smash. Josh will star in a
coming PBS special and he will recover in time to appear on the Tom
Brokaw-hosted Concert for America at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C., on
Sept. 9.

--LAST WEEK, we told you that Madonna was on Vanity Fair's October cover - her
seventh! And now, she and her man, Guy Ritchie, are considering writing a
children's book. Next, it will be a warm and fuzzy Christmas album . . .

--THE ONE and only Tony Bennett stars at Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw's
East Hampton fund-raiser Sunday to benefit the Shoah Visual History Foundation
recording firsthand accounts of Holocaust survivors. Call (212) 245-6570 . . .

--Broadway's Chita Rivera, who will be honored at the Kennedy Center for her
lifetime achievements, is adding her glitz to the all-star cast of "Nine," due
next year. Chita has worked long, hard and brilliantly, and no matter how big
she gets, she'll always be a "gypsy" in her soul . . .

--Kitty Carlisle Hart is thrilled at the new release of her 1940s-'50s operetta
recordings for Decca. "I listened to these discs, and I must say, I'm
impressed!" said the cultural doyenne and Marx Brothers co-star. Kitty still
travels cross-country with her show, "My Life on the Wicked Stage." Of her
trouping, she says, "There are a lot of people who are 91, but none of them are
singing!"

--AUDIENCES AT the Tony-winning "The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?" stay on to talk
about what they've just seen. Every Tuesday, stars Bill Pullman, Mercedes Ruehl
and the rest of the cast join them and invited panelists to discuss Edward
Albee's provocative drama. The sessions are called "Talk Back Tuesdays," and
tomorrow, our Girl Friday, Diane Judge, who found the drama a mysterious
metaphor for human passion, joins the panel. I'm sorry to miss this
illuminating talk about life among the goatherds.

--AS I LEAVE for vacation, let me bequeath this from Ralph Nader, asking why we
didn't know about corporate corruption sooner? "What amazes me is that there
are thousands of people who could have been whistle-blowers, from boards of
directors to corporate insiders to the accounting firms to the lawyers working
for these firms to the credit-rating agencies. All these people! Would a
despotic dictatorship have been more efficient in silencing them and producing
the perverse incentives for them all to keep quiet? I mean, the Soviet Union
had enough dissidents to fill gulags."

NY DAILY NEWS/RUSH AND MOLLOY....
--Memo to Michelle Pfeiffer, Nicole Kidman, Diane Keaton, Angelina Jolie,
Calista Flockhart and every other actress who has adopted a child: Drew
Barrymore has a question. "Do you think they do it because of their bodies?"
she asks in September's issue of Harper's Bazaar. "That's so [bleeped] up."
Barrymore doesn't mention anyone by name but asserts, "I would never adopt
because I was vain." She also offers that she's in no hurry to remarry after
her 19-day union with bar owner Jeremy Thomas and a slightly longer second
strike-out with comic Tom Green. "I just want to get to know myself better
before I do anything," she says. Good idea.

--Mick Jagger's recent knighthood may have stirred up some unchivalrous rivalry
in fellow Rolling Stone Keith Richards. After trashing Jagger's solo album
"Goddess in the Doorway" in the September issue of Blender - Richards calls it
"Dogs--- in the Doorway" - the rockasaurus muses, "He's not very good without
me, is he?" Regarding Jagger's recent dubbing, Richards says: "He tried to make
out like the whole thing was being foisted on him. It throws him into the same
bin as Sir Paul [McCartney] and Sir Reg [Elton John]. It's a paltry honor. He's
joining the brown-noses. I said, 'Hold out for the lordship, mate.'" Jagger
apparently isn't rankled by the teasing. "Mick's got the skin of a rhinoceros,"
says Keith. And the horn.

--Salma Hayek can't stop gushing about boyfriend Edward Norton.
"I am lucky to have found that one guy that I really got to make true love
with, savoring him, learning the little things about him," the "Frida" star
proclaims in the new issue of Premiere. Norton, meanwhile, glories in his
supposed oddness. In the new issue of Esquire, he and his "Red Dragon" co-star
Ralph Fiennes tick off what they have in common. "We are not pretty, but women
do not mind at all," they say in a joint statement. "We are shy, thus perceived
as aloof and serious. We are particular about how we are addressed. So don't
even think about calling us Eddie or Ralphy." Sorry, but next time we see them,
we're calling them Eddie and Ralphy.

--Lauren Hutton is still beautiful, but a little less metallic. The 58-year-old
actress underwent surgery the other day to remove the titanium rod doctors
inserted in her leg (along with 16 screws in her arm) when she wiped out in a
motorcycle accident in Nevada two years ago. Hutton found that New York's
sidewalks treated her shin like a tuning fork, so she had the rod removed.
She's now getting around on one crutch and planning next month's launch of her
makeup line for older women.

--Even though Martha Stewart's company stock is tanking, she's tacking a new
food line onto her empire. The humbled homemaker was planning on a November
debut for the line, but the date is still up in the air. As usual now,
Stewart's rep declined to comment, reports New York Magazine ...

NY DAILY NEWS/Richard Huff
--WE: Women's Entertainment has added a shopping-spree game show to its fall
schedule. "Spend It Fast" will tour cities including New York, Los Angeles and
Las Vegas in search of female contestants. Those selected will have a limited
amount of time to grab all they can within a set dollar limit and dodge
obstacles and challenges along the way. Contestants who stay within the limit
will keep their take. The network has ordered 65 episodes of "Spend It Fast,"
to air weekdays beginning Sept. 30, with Larry Hoff as host.

--The first of two appearances, on Thursday, by Bruce Springsteen and the E
Street Band on the "Late Show With David Letterman," paid off in the local
Nielsens. The show averaged 321,200 homes tuned in according to Nielsen Media
Research, which was the best performance for the CBS late-nighter on a Thursday
since Dec. 27, when Mayor Rudy Giuliani made his last visit with Letterman
before leaving office.

USA TODAY....
--In what is believed to be the largest gift of postwar American art to a
museum, trustees of the Whitney Museum of American Art donated $200 million of
works by Jasper Johns, Jackson Pollock, Andy Warhol and others to the New York
institution. Ten of the 13 trustees donated art from their private collections.
The donation boosts the museum's holdings in abstract impressionism and pop
art.

--More than 35,000 Grateful Dead fans gathered in Alpine Valley Resort, Wis.,
over the weekend for the first performance of the remaining four members of the
band since leader Jerry Garcia's death in 1997. With a few technical glitches,
the show by the Dead survivors, who call themselves the Other Ones, began with
He's Gone. The Other Ones are Phil Lesh, Bob Weir, Bill Kreutzmann and Mickey
Hart. They launch a 15-show tour in November. Garcia was 53 when he died of a
heart attack while in drug rehab.

ASSOCIATED PRESS.....
--The daughter of Sen. Joseph Biden, D-Del., was arrested on a misdemeanor
charge of obstructing a police officer early Saturday, police said. Ashley
Blazer Biden, 21, of Wilmington, Del., was with a group of people on a North
Side street where several bars are located when someone else threw a bottle at
a police officer, police said. When officers went to arrest another person,
Biden blocked the officer's path and made intimidating statements, Officer
JoAnn Taylor said. Biden was arrested on suspicion of obstructing a police
officer. She was released from custody and is scheduled to appear in court
Sept. 20. Sen. Biden's spokeswoman, Margaret Aitken, declined to comment
Saturday, calling it a private, family matter.

--Marilyn Monroe still draws a crowd. On the 40th anniversary of her death
Saturday, hundreds of fans paid homage and soaked up a bit of the screen
siren's legend. Leslie Kasperowicz, who runs the online Immortal Marilyn Fan
Club, led a tour of "Marilyn Homes and Haunts." More than 30 reverent fans
visited 22 sites from Hollywood to Beverly Hills. "She's just so beautiful.
She's timeless," said Monroe look-alike Rebecca Staley, of England. "I just
wanted to see it all." A Monroe look-alike contest and party were scheduled
Sunday in Hollywood, followed Monday by an annual service at the Westwood
Memorial Park cemetery. Monroe died Aug. 5, 1962, at 36 due to an overdose of
sleeping pills.

--Actress Mia Farrow, the United Nation's good will ambassador, visited
famine-hit Angola on Monday, much of which lies in ruins following a recently
ended civil war. In her weeklong visit, accompanied by her 13-year-old son,
Seamus, Farrow will visit humanitarian projects and rebel demobilization camps.
Aid groups say up to half a million people face starvation because of the
fighting and have appealed for an international relief effort. The country is
one of the most heavily land-mined in the world, which hampers food
distribution. There are approximately 4 million to 5 million mines spread
across Angola and 60 people are killed or injured each month, the government
says. The conflict has also driven 4 million people, about a third of the
population, from their homes. Hopes for Angolans rose on Friday when the
Angolan government and UNITA guerrillas declared the official end to their
nearly three-decade old civil war. About 5,000 of the former guerrillas have
already merged with the army under the terms of April's cease-fire. Most of the
80,000 former guerrillas and some 300,000 family members, however, face an
uncertain future in a country facing famine and 70-percent unemployment. The
civil war began after Angola gained independence from Portugal in 1975, and
UNITA fought the Soviet-backed Marxist government. The CIA and South Africa
backed the rebels. The conflict continued almost nonstop until Angola's army
killed the rebel leader, Jonas Savimbi, in February, which led to the peace
deal.

--A sport utility vehicle plowed into a museum on Sunday, destroying
irreplaceable artworks and antiques on display in the 1782 homestead. "It's
devastating. This was the real thing," said William Hosley, executive director
of the Antiquarian and Landmarks Society. Built in 1782, the Butler-McCook
homestead museum recently underwent a $1.3 million renovation and was reopened
to the public in June. The museum housed the largest collection of arts and
antiques made in Hartford. "It was the only original house left in Hartford
when George Washington visited the city for the last time in 1789. It was the
only survivor from Colonial times," Hosley said. Police said a vehicle driven
by 21-year-old Wilfredo Sanchez jumped the curb, plowed into the parlor and
damaged a staircase. Sanchez was charged with driving under suspension, driving
without insurance, misuse of plates and driving an unregistered vehicle.

--Robert Rodriguez doesn't need to be in Hollywood to make box office hits.
He's content in Austin, Texas. The director of the "Spy Kids" movies jokingly
refers to his lakeside home and movie studio as Spywalker Ranch, a nod to
George Lucas' Skywalker Ranch. The studio and home allow him to be writer,
producer, editor and almost everything else for his films. "When I'm in Los
Angeles, I pretend that it's another world," Rodriguez told USA Today in its
weekend editions. "I know that when I get home to Texas, I'll get back to the
serious work." The first "Spy Kids" grossed $112.7 million, and its sequel,
"Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams," opens this week. Rodriguez's other
credits include "Desperado" and "From Dusk Till Dawn."

--Poultry magnate Frank Perdue has become a star among bobblehead dolls. The
6-inch dolls were given away recently by the Delmarva Shorebirds, the minor
league baseball team whose stadium was financed by Perdue Farms Inc., and have
fetched as much as $75 on eBay — the same as a Willie Mays 1966 bobblehead
doll. The figurine shows Perdue holding a baseball and wearing a Shorebirds
batting helmet. "Frank is really modest about the whole thing," said Tita
Cherrier, a spokeswoman for Perdue Farms. "To him, he doesn't see what all the
fuss is about. He's just a guy who loves baseball." Perdue Farms in Salisbury
is the nation's third-largest chicken company, with about 20,000 employees in
14 states. PHOTO:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/020804/168/1z5em.html

--"Spider-Man" star Tobey Maguire has saddled up for "Seabiscuit," signing a
deal worth $12 million or more to play the jockey atop the horse that became a
fabled figure during the Depression. The Universal Pictures project will shoot
this fall, with release set for winter 2003. Gary Ross ("Pleasantville") will
direct from his adaptation of the Laura Hillenbrand book "Seabiscuit: An
American Legend." Maguire, set to play jockey Red Pollard, will also come
aboard as an executive producer. "There was an incredible toughness and
sensitivity to Red that few people could capture, and Tobey is uniquely capable
of doing that," Ross said. Ross is getting another Hall of Fame jockey, Gary
Stevens, to play jockey George Woolf, a Pollard pal who took Seabiscuit's reins
in his most famous race, a match against seemingly unbeatable War Admiral.
Other roles yet to be cast are Seabiscuit's eccentric owner, Charles Howard,
and the horse's trainer, Tom Smith. Ross has scouted and set filming at horse
tracks from Santa Anita (Calif.) to Saratoga (N.Y.). He then hopes to return to
"Dog Years," the Universal comedy that was scratched close to the starting gate
with Jim Carrey and Nicole Kidman in the leads. Maguire's reps have been
aggressively intent on riding Maguire's "Spider-Man" momentum to get him up to
the $15 million per picture mark. He had been circling "Seabiscuit" along with
such pictures as Warner Bros. -based "Urban Townies." Word was that he'll hit
that $15 million mark easily when perks and performance bonuses are counted,
but studio sources maintain that the salary was closer to $12 million. It is
still a good haul for Maguire, who will be paid about $35 million total for the
three "Spider-Man" films he's pacted to topline.

--In a continuing effort to exploit its franchises, New Line Cinema has
greenlit "Freddy vs. Jason," signing Brad Renfro to star alongside Robert
Englund, who'll be back for his eighth performance as Freddy Krueger. The
studio hasn't yet decided on the actor who'll play Jason Vorhees, the lumbering
maniac from the "Friday the 13th" franchise who will be making his 11th
appearance onscreen. Ronny Yu, the Honk Kong veteran whose credits range from
"The Bride With White Hair" to "Bride of Chucky," will direct the picture, with
shooting to begin Sept. 9 in Vancouver. The film's premise is a simple
collision of legendary evildoers who've each racked up impressive body counts
of promiscuous teens. Renfro ("The Client") will play a character who finds
himself pitted between the two combatants, and so his mission is to try and
stay alive until the end credits. "It's clash of the titans, the ultimate
showdown," said New Line production president Toby Emmerich. "Freddy is the
intellectual manipulator, Jason the killing machine. When you have done 17
movies between these characters, it is hard to stay fresh, but putting these
characters together makes it fresh. There is a hard-core fan base for each, and
we will be out in front of 'Predator vs. Alien' and 'Batman vs. Superman,'
other films putting venerable characters against each other." It is the
studio's second significant franchise move since "Austin Powers in Goldmember"
posted record summer numbers last weekend. The studio just hired Troy Miller to
direct "Dumb and Dumberer," the "Dumb & Dumber" prequel that will hit the
marketplace next summer. Corporate sibling Warner Bros. meanwhile, is mining
its own franchises with plans for Wolfgang Petersen to direct "Batman vs.
Superman."

--"Mobile Court" will be hosted by Judge Kevin Ross, who gets dispatched into
the streets by car with his bailiff. They travel to locations where conflicts
have happened, such as a home, a workplace or a club. "In a legitimate judicial
manner, Kevin unravels both sides and asks deeper questions than just those
about the evidence, like about the emotional impact of a case," said Donna
Harrison, Tribune's senior VP of unscripted and reality programming. A pilot
has already been shot.

--"Jumble" (Tribune) is based on the word unscrambling game seen in hundreds of
newspapers. A host is to be determined.

--"Eliminator" (Disney's Buena Vista), a tentatively titled hybrid quizzer that
blends elements of high drama and comedy. The studio is also developing a show
with Saget, which would "expose a side of Bob people don't know yet," an
insider said. It is in early development on a project with former NFL star and
sports announcer Rashad, while previously reported projects with Joan Cusack
and Tavis Smiley are not likely to go forward for the present.

--King World Prods. is in development on a daily daytime program featuring Jack
Ford and Alexandra Wentworth that is drawing comparisons to "Live With Regis &
Kelly."

--In addition to the Ellen DeGeneres-led yakker that Telepictures Prods. is
mounting, the Warner Bros. company is developing projects with Larry Elder, who
hosted the studio's former series "Moral Court." Telepictures is also working
on something with Ben Stein.

--NBC Enterprises is focusing much of its development attention on two
projects. One, featuring Court TV's Nancy Grace, is called "Trial by Fire." The
other is a talker from "Saturday Night Live" creator Lorne Michaels.

--Twentieth Television has a handful of concepts in the works and has recently
started regionally testing "Ex-Treme Dating," with Los Angeles TV personality
Jillian Barberie as host.

--Universal Domestic Television announced a project with Sarah Ferguson earlier
this year, as well as a magazine with Will Smith and James Lassiter's Overbrook
Entertainment.

--Travis Tritt has donated $25,000 to the Sipesville Volunteer Fire Co., the
unit that spearheaded the rescue of nine Pennsylvania miners. Tritt made the
presentation during a concert Saturday at the Ohio State Fair in Columbus, just
200 miles from the Quecreek mine where the men were trapped. Tritt said he was
"inspired by the drive and dedication" of the rescuers and hoped the cash would
generate more donations. The money will be used to upgrade the fire hall.

--Lee Ann Womack performs a duet with Harry Connick Jr. on her new Christmas
album, "A Season For Romance." The duo sings "Baby It's Cold Outside" on the
album, which is due for release in October. The recording is made up of
traditional standards and a few originals songs. Womack's new album, "Something
Worth Leaving Behind," is scheduled to be in stores Aug. 20.

--Joe Allison, a prime mover in the rise of country music, died Friday in
Nashville after a long illness. He was 77. Allison started out as a disc
jockey, and later became a songwriter and music publishing executive. The
McKinney, Texas, native founded the Country Music Association and the Country
Music Foundation. "He'll Have to Go," which Allison co-wrote with his former
wife, Audrey, was his greatest song-writing achievement. Jim Reeves' 1959
recording of the song sat atop the country charts for 14 weeks, and inspired
Bing Crosby, Elvis Presley, Eddy Arnold and others to do their own versions.

www.zap2it.com....
--Steve-O, a star of the MTV show "Jackass" was released from a Los Angeles
jail on Friday after posting $150,000 bail. He was arrested on a fugitive from
justice warrant stemming from charges of obscenity and second-degree battery
leveled against him in Louisiana. The 28-year old entertainer was performing
onstage at the Abyss in Houma on the Louisiana coast on July 11 when he
allegedly exposed himself to the audience. In a separate incident, he took part
in a stunt in which a bouncer slammed a 19-year old to the ground, knocking him
unconscious. An audience member caught the act on tape. Steve-O, whose real
name is Stephen Glover, was ordered by the Los Angeles judge to return on Aug.
16 and prove that he went to Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana to face the charges.
If convicted, he faces up to eight years in prison, three of which would be for
the obscenity charge.

By Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith
--"She Spies" star Natasha Henstridge won't be taking time away from her new
series in order to make the big-screen "The Whole Nine Yards 2" with Bruce
Willis and Matthew Perry this fall after all. The actress expects to work on
both productions simultaneously. "My kids think it's bad now," says the mother
of two toddler sons, "but just wait till October when we start the movie. It's
going to be very difficult, but I think it will be worth it."

--"Ally McBeal's" Jane Krakowski is ironing out the details of a deal that will
bring her back to the Broadway musical stage next year. The veteran of
Broadway's "Starlight Express" and "Grand Hotel" tells us she's also looking
over several TV offers. And her ABC Family movie, "Just a Walk in the Park,"
debuts Aug. 18. Krakowski's the leading lady -- and love interest of "C.S.I.'s"
George Eads -- in the telepic that involves a dog walker. "I'm not usually
asked to do romantic comedies, so it was great to be 'the girl,' " says the
actress, who in real life is the longtime love of songwriter Charles Hart.

SEND EMAIL TO PUSSS...@aol.com

AGC FAQ and FUN STUFF
http://www.dreamwater.net/agc/mainpages/agcfaq.html
BLIND ITEM REHASH: