Ex-GOP Rep. Pickering had affair, ties to Ensign, Sanford!!

Big J

Jul 16, 2009, 10:51:38 PM7/16/09
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090716/ap_on_re_us/us_ex_congressman_girlfri
end

Wife of ex-GOP Rep. Pickering claims he had affair

JACKSON, Miss. � The estranged wife of former U.S. Rep. Chip Pickering
claims in a lawsuit that the Mississippi Republican had an affair that
ruined their marriage and derailed his political career.

Leisha Pickering seeks unspecified damages in the alienation of affection
lawsuit she filed this week against Elizabeth Creekmore Byrd of Jackson.
The Pickerings filed for divorce in June 2008, but the divorce is not
complete.

The lawsuit says Chip Pickering and Creekmore Byrd dated in college,
reconnected and began having an affair while Pickering was in Congress
and living in a Christian building for lawmakers on C Street, near the
U.S. Capitol.

Pickering, 45, was elected to Congress in 1996, retired in January and is
now a lobbyist in Washington for Cellular South, the company Byrd's
family owns. The lawsuit does not say when the affair started.

He said in a statement Thursday that his marriage is irreparably damaged
and he will not comment further.

"I still believe it is in the best interest of our five boys if our
differences are resolved privately and before the appropriate court and
not in the media," he said.

Pickering is the third Republican with ties to the same C Street complex
to find his personal life making headlines in recent weeks.

The first was Sen. John Ensign, a Nevada Republican and member of the
Christian ministry Promise Keepers who has lived in the C Street house.
Ensign stepped down from the Senate Republican leadership in June after
admitting he had an affair for much of last year with a woman on his
campaign staff.

Just days after the Ensign story broke, South Carolina Republican Gov.
Mark Sanford admitted an affair with a woman in Argentina. He apparently
never lived in the C Street house, but has said he turned to "C Street"
for counsel and solace while having the affair.

The building is affiliated with a Christian group that sponsors the
annual National Prayer Breakfast.

Pickering cast himself as a defender of decency, particularly on
television and the Internet, and was among House members urging then-
President George W. Bush to declare 2008 "the National Year of the
Bible."

Leisha Pickering's lawsuit says that when Republican Trent Lott resigned
from the U.S. Senate in December 2007, Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour
offered the seat to Chip Pickering, who declined. Barbour spokesman Laura
Hipp said Thursday that the governor only offered the Senate seat to U.S.
Rep. Roger Wicker, who accepted it.

The lawsuit contends that Creekmore Byrd gave Chip Pickering an
ultimatum, saying their relationship could not continue if he became a
senator because he would have to stay married.

"Ultimately, Creekmore Byrd gave Pickering the option to remain a public
servant or become a private citizen and continue relations with her," the
lawsuit says.

The voice mail box at Creekmore Byrd's home was full Thursday and
messages left for her divorce attorney were not immediately returned.

Creekmore Byrd, 45, is a member of Mississippi's wealthy Creekmore
family, founders of the Cellular South phone company.

Creekmore Byrd and several relatives and Cellular South executives
donated to Pickering while he was in Congress, and he had kind words for
the company at a 2007 subcommittee hearing where invited speakers
included Cellular South president Victor Meena.

He announced in August 2007 that he wouldn't seek another term. After
leaving office in January, he joined the lobbying firm Capitol Resources
LLC, in which one of Barbour's nephews is a partner. The firm, which
counts Cellular South among its clients, lists Pickering as a member of
its Washington and Mississippi teams.

In the House, Pickering specialized in telecommunications issues,
including one dear to Cellular South: making sure Congress took into
account the interests of cellular companies serving rural areas.

In Pickering's second term, he made it onto the House Commerce Committee,
a post a senior Republican, Rep. Billy Tauzin, R-La., joked that he "had
to fight like a demon" to get.

Creekmore Byrd and her husband, Dr. Douglas Byrd, were married in 1990
but stopped living together in June 2006. They were granted a divorce in
2007 on the grounds of irreconcilable differences.
==========end of article

More Republican family values!!!

Evidently, these nutjobs think that "marriage = 1 man + 1 woman" also
includes fucking around with other women.

I'm sure it was gay marriage that caused all of this. It certainly
couldn't be the HUGE FUCKING HYPOCRISY of so many Republicans, could it?

Big J

-----

Kris Baker

Jul 16, 2009, 11:18:02 PM7/16/09
"Big J" <bi...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090716/ap_on_re_us/us_ex_congressman_girlfri
> end

> The lawsuit says Chip Pickering and Creekmore Byrd dated in college,
> reconnected and began having an affair while Pickering was in Congress
> and living in a Christian building for lawmakers on C Street, near the
> U.S. Capitol.

Ugh. There was an interview with ex-Oklahoma "Christian" (R)
Congressman Steve Largent, yesterday. He talked about how he
lived in the christian house on C street, and how they all had
to confess their misdeeds to each other.

I'm starting to think this spate of affairs are clever beards for
the C-C-Christian-Krewe.

Kris

Big J

Jul 16, 2009, 11:37:41 PM7/16/09
"Kris Baker" <paralle...@gmail.com> wrote in

> "Big J" <bi...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090716/ap_on_re_us/us_ex_congressman_girl

>> fri end

>> The lawsuit says Chip Pickering and Creekmore Byrd dated in college,
>> reconnected and began having an affair while Pickering was in
>> Congress and living in a Christian building for lawmakers on C
>> Street, near the U.S. Capitol.
>
> Ugh. There was an interview with ex-Oklahoma "Christian" (R)
> Congressman Steve Largent, yesterday. He talked about how he
> lived in the christian house on C street, and how they all had
> to confess their misdeeds to each other.
>
> I'm starting to think this spate of affairs are clever beards for
> the C-C-Christian-Krewe.
>
> Kris

And ALL THREE of them said Clinton should resign because of his
infidelity. Pickering was carrying on his affair before he left
Congress.

Have you seen any of the Rachel Maddow segments on the cult that owns C
Street? It's very freaky.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_%
28Christian_political_organization%29

I just ordered a book from Amazon about them.

http://www.amazon.com/Family-Secret-Fundamentalism-Heart-
American/dp/0060559799

The author, Jeff Sharlet, has been on Maddow several times. He
infiltrated the group and then wrote this expose.

They are very cultish, believe this odd, almost
Calvinistic/predestination crap that since they are powerful men, it must
be god's will. They think ordinary rules and morality don't apply to
them.

One of them thought his wife was demonically possesed because she
complained that he wasn't satisfying her sexually. The pastor agreed!!

Big J

-----

Message has been deleted

Big J

Jul 17, 2009, 12:28:22 AM7/17/09
comadrejo <comadr...@mac.com> wrote in

> In article <Xns9C4ACA08CC22E...@216.196.97.130>,
> Big J <bi...@myrealbox.com> wrote:
>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090716/ap_on_re_us/us_ex_congressman_girl
>> fri end

>> Wife of ex-GOP Rep. Pickering claims he had affair
>>
>> JACKSON, Miss. � The estranged wife of former U.S. Rep. Chip
>> Pickering claims in a lawsuit that the Mississippi Republican had an
>> affair that ruined their marriage and derailed his political career.
>

> His father got in a big fight for a Federal Appeals court nomination,
> IIRC correctly. I think he got a recess appointment.
>
> "Chip" Pickering as a former aide to Senator Trent Lott, was sort of
> looked upon as his heir designate to take the seat. It was kind of
> surprise that he did the "spend more time with his family" and not run
> for the Senate seat.
>
> I am guessing this is a big reason why he didn't run for the Senate
> seat.
>
> Well I am deeply ashamed of Chip Pickering, he failed Mississippi in
> such a ho hum scandal, he should had for a higher scandal standard.
> Why couldn't he lived up to someone like former Mississippi
> Representative Jon Hinson who at least survived a a major fire at a
> Gay Porno theatre/multi fun complex.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/mwq7lt

Well, don't give up on the Chipster just yet.

His mistress is Elizabeth Creekmore Byrd of Jackson, Mississipi. Her
family owns Cellular South, the company that employs Chip as a lobbyist.

And Chip's soon-to-be ex wife, Leisha Pickering is suing Creekmore Byrd
for alienation of affection.

So there should be plenty of drama yet to ocme.

More details at: http://tinyurl.com/m8mk8p

Big J

-----

Big J

Jul 17, 2009, 12:30:52 AM7/17/09
Big J <bi...@myrealbox.com> wrote in

Forgot to include one more piece that should up the scandal meter. Not
only is he linked w/ Ensign and Sanford by C Street, but he actually
conducted his affair at C Street as well as other places.

C Street is listed, for tax purposes, as a church.

Big J

-----

Twitchell

Jul 17, 2009, 12:45:25 AM7/17/09
In article <comadrejoagua-A05...@news.giganews.com>, comadrejo
says...
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090716/ap_on_re_us/us_ex_congressman_girlfri
>> end
>>
>> Wife of ex-GOP Rep. Pickering claims he had affair
>>
>> JACKSON, Miss. � The estranged wife of former U.S. Rep. Chip Pickering
>> claims in a lawsuit that the Mississippi Republican had an affair that
>> ruined their marriage and derailed his political career.
>
>His father got in a big fight for a Federal Appeals court nomination,
>IIRC correctly. I think he got a recess appointment.
>
>"Chip" Pickering as a former aide to Senator Trent Lott, was sort of
>looked upon as his heir designate to take the seat. It was kind of
>surprise that he did the "spend more time with his family" and not run
>for the Senate seat.
>
>I am guessing this is a big reason why he didn't run for the Senate seat.
>
> Well I am deeply ashamed of Chip Pickering, he failed Mississippi in
>such a ho hum scandal, he should had for a higher scandal standard. Why
>couldn't he lived up to someone like former Mississippi Representative
>Jon Hinson who at least survived a a major fire at a Gay Porno
>theatre/multi fun complex.
>
>http://tinyurl.com/mwq7lt

Like Big J, I watch the RMaddow show. Pickering now works for Cellular South, a
company owned or controlled by his mistress' parents. Amazingly, another
'renter' of C Street was Steve Largent, former football player/congressman, who
is now a lobbyist for some aspect of the cellular phone industry and has done
lobbying in behalf of Pickering.

This story just gets better and more disturbing each day. Much better than the
MJ controversies.

twitch

Big J

Jul 17, 2009, 12:51:17 AM7/17/09
Twitchell <Twitchel...@newsguy.com> wrote in

>>> lfri end

Didja order the Sharlet book? Can't wait till mine arrives! Tonight, he
really spilled some juicy goss.

Big J

-----

Twitchell

Jul 17, 2009, 1:05:59 AM7/17/09
In article <Xns9C4ADE519CC96...@216.196.97.130>, Big J says...

The thing that annoys more than anything is this oath of loyalty to C Street,
placing its importance before ones family. I'm reminded of the Jim Jones story.
I'm starting to wonder is Coe has a Messiah complex.

twitch

Message has been deleted

Twitchell

Jul 17, 2009, 1:25:32 AM7/17/09
In article <comadrejoagua-769...@news.giganews.com>, comadrejo
says...

>In article <h3ovl...@drn.newsguy.com>,
> Oh, horny shameless hypocrites are no fun. At least we can see some
>serious depravity, or some sort of diaper fetish, like Senator Vitter. I
>would like to see one of these guys from the C street Ministry checked
>into rehab for some sort of drinking problem, so they can blame that, I
>like to see some non apology apologies.
>
> Steve Largent has been out of Congress for some time, (I think since
>2000 or 2002) and if he is a horndog. He is much lauded horndog in the
>Pacific Northwest, given he should had run for the Washington's 8th
>Congressional District, and he had a child that was treated for years at
>Children's Hospital in Seattle.
>

>Personally, it would had even more schadenfreude if it was Ralph Reed.

If there was anyone I'd love to see exposed as a hypocrite, it's gotta be Ralph
Reed.

twitch

Font of All Important Info

Jul 17, 2009, 1:41:38 AM7/17/09
On 16 Jul 2009 22:25:32 -0700, Twitchell
<Twitchel...@newsguy.com> felt compelled by mysterious forces to
say:

i have nothing but hunches, but i strongly suspect Ralph Reed is on
the down low. he's been out of the public eye for quite some time,
hasn't he?

--dez

...a pistol-hot cup of Dez...

"Chef of chicanery, your buns are mine!"
--the Tick

Message has been deleted

Kris Baker

Jul 17, 2009, 10:02:45 AM7/17/09
"comadrejo" <comadr...@mac.com> wrote in message
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090716/ap_on_re_us/us_ex_congressman_girlfri
>> end
>>
>> Wife of ex-GOP Rep. Pickering claims he had affair
>>
>> JACKSON, Miss. � The estranged wife of former U.S. Rep. Chip Pickering

>> claims in a lawsuit that the Mississippi Republican had an affair that
>> ruined their marriage and derailed his political career.
>
> His father got in a big fight for a Federal Appeals court nomination,
> IIRC correctly. I think he got a recess appointment.
>
> "Chip" Pickering as a former aide to Senator Trent Lott, was sort of
> looked upon as his heir designate to take the seat. It was kind of
> surprise that he did the "spend more time with his family" and not run
> for the Senate seat.
>
> I am guessing this is a big reason why he didn't run for the Senate seat.
>
> Well I am deeply ashamed of Chip Pickering, he failed Mississippi in
> such a ho hum scandal, he should had for a higher scandal standard. Why
> couldn't he lived up to someone like former Mississippi Representative
> Jon Hinson who at least survived a a major fire at a Gay Porno
> theatre/multi fun complex.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/mwq7lt

Ah..that page contains the funniest juxtaposition of phrases
I've seen in a long time. Intentional?

"....Mississippi voters simply preferred a conservative in
Congress, no matter what his sexuality was. However,
Hinson was also helped by a three-way ..."

That was in my apolitical period, so I don't remember that.
Now I've got a bookmark to slog through ;)

Kris

Big J

Jul 17, 2009, 10:07:05 AM7/17/09

> "comadrejo" <comadr...@mac.com> wrote in message
>> In article <Xns9C4ACA08CC22E...@216.196.97.130>,
>> Big J <bi...@myrealbox.com> wrote:
>>
>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090716/ap_on_re_us/us_ex_congressman_gir

>>> lfri end

>>> Wife of ex-GOP Rep. Pickering claims he had affair
>>>

>>> JACKSON, Miss. � The estranged wife of former U.S. Rep. Chip

>>> Pickering claims in a lawsuit that the Mississippi Republican had an
>>> affair that ruined their marriage and derailed his political career.
>>
>> His father got in a big fight for a Federal Appeals court nomination,
>> IIRC correctly. I think he got a recess appointment.
>>
>> "Chip" Pickering as a former aide to Senator Trent Lott, was sort of
>> looked upon as his heir designate to take the seat. It was kind of
>> surprise that he did the "spend more time with his family" and not
>> run for the Senate seat.
>>
>> I am guessing this is a big reason why he didn't run for the Senate
>> seat.
>>
>> Well I am deeply ashamed of Chip Pickering, he failed Mississippi in
>> such a ho hum scandal, he should had for a higher scandal standard.
>> Why couldn't he lived up to someone like former Mississippi
>> Representative Jon Hinson who at least survived a a major fire at a
>> Gay Porno theatre/multi fun complex.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/mwq7lt
>

> Ah..that page contains the funniest juxtaposition of phrases
> I've seen in a long time. Intentional?
>
> "....Mississippi voters simply preferred a conservative in
> Congress, no matter what his sexuality was. However,
> Hinson was also helped by a three-way ..."
>
> That was in my apolitical period, so I don't remember that.
> Now I've got a bookmark to slog through ;)
>
> Kris

Same here - my apolitical phase. I wasn't aware of that detail....

Big J

-----

Kris Baker

Jul 17, 2009, 10:35:17 AM7/17/09
"Big J" <bi...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

> comadrejo <comadr...@mac.com> wrote in
>
>> In article <Xns9C4ACA08CC22E...@216.196.97.130>,
>> Big J <bi...@myrealbox.com> wrote:
>>
>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090716/ap_on_re_us/us_ex_congressman_girl
>>> fri end
>>>
>>> Wife of ex-GOP Rep. Pickering claims he had affair
>>>
>>> JACKSON, Miss. � The estranged wife of former U.S. Rep. Chip

Seems these C-hristians are pretty heavy into cellular communications.

"Steve Largent is currently the President & CEO of CTIA-
The Wireless Association. CTIA is an international
nonprofit membership organization founded in 1984,
representing all sectors of wireless communications..."
(obviously, a lobbying organization)

But Hillary's smart enough to use these folks for her own
purposes:
http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200611/green-hillary

Obviously, it's part of a larger "public display of christianity"
game that's played in DC.....and the group home allows
the guys to carry on whatever they want, while wifey
and kiddies are home.

And it's a tax-free "church".

Kris

Kris Baker

Jul 17, 2009, 10:41:03 AM7/17/09
"Twitchell" <Twitchel...@newsguy.com> wrote in message

> In article <comadrejoagua-A05...@news.giganews.com>,
> comadrejo
> says...
>>
>>In article <Xns9C4ACA08CC22E...@216.196.97.130>,
>> Big J <bi...@myrealbox.com> wrote:
>>
>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090716/ap_on_re_us/us_ex_congressman_girlfri
>>> end
>>>
>>> Wife of ex-GOP Rep. Pickering claims he had affair
>>>
>>> JACKSON, Miss. � The estranged wife of former U.S. Rep. Chip Pickering

Of course it's better, but do you think the people who NEED to
know what goes on, will pay attention?

We're talking about low-information voters, the UNeducated and
poor that the Republicans cater to (yet laugh at behind their backs).

It's pretty easy to co-opt religion, Christmas, patriotism and
the flag and make it "real" to a bunch of rednecks, when
speaking in one or two syllable words. They were flattered
by Joe The Plumber (one of "them"), when they should have been
insulted by the pandering.

Utah has a new congressman mostly famous for leaving his
family behind in Utah, and sleeping on a cot in his office.
He's a Mo, a previous fast-talking pyramid scheme/MLM
salesman...and he's going places. I can't wait for what's
coming from him in the next few years. Chaffetz. Remember
that name. His father was Kitty Dukakis' first husband...
and he used to be a Democrat, before he came to Utah to
play football at BYU. He's ripe for a big fall.....

Kris

Big J

Jul 17, 2009, 10:47:42 AM7/17/09
"Kris Baker" <paralle...@gmail.com> wrote in news:7cbgcnF25v3coU1
@mid.individual.net:

> "Big J" <bi...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>> comadrejo <comadr...@mac.com> wrote in
>>
>>> In article <Xns9C4ACA08CC22E...@216.196.97.130>,
>>> Big J <bi...@myrealbox.com> wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090716/ap_on_re_us/us_ex_congressman_girl

It's interesting to see how Senator Sam Brownback apologized to Hillary
Clinton. when he "confessed to having hated Clinton and having said
derogatory things about her."

At least he had the honesty to admit it. Hating Hillary and making
derogatory comments about her has been a Republican institution since
Bill's presidency.

To some extent, I think it has to do with why current right wingers think
people are "hating on" Palin. Hate is something they are familiar with,
something that is a part of them.

And they confused that hate with political discourse based on ideas and
accomplishments.

It's no wonder they think that articles which detail Palin's inadequacies
are hate.

It's no wonder they can't tell the difference between the 17-year record
of accomplishment of Sotomayor and one comment she made.

Big J

-----

Kris Baker

Jul 17, 2009, 11:32:37 AM7/17/09

> The thing that annoys more than anything is this oath of loyalty to C
> Street,
> placing its importance before ones family. I'm reminded of the Jim Jones
> story.
> I'm starting to wonder is Coe has a Messiah complex.
>
> twitch

Why else do they want to become super-preachers?
Of course, there's always the "religion is a good business"
angle to it; it's like the Michael Jackson theory of PR: you
have to be wackier than the next guy, to get attention.

Isn't it funny how this is the second time that witchcraft
and possession have come up in regards to Republican
politics? Coe's preaching to the men that if their wives
aren't satisfied, it's because they're possessed by Satan.

And apparently, Sarah Palin was so far gone into
Satanic possession that she had to have that public
cleansing.

Kris

Kris Baker

Jul 17, 2009, 11:35:28 AM7/17/09
"Font of All Important Info" <dez...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> On 16 Jul 2009 22:25:32 -0700, Twitchell
> <Twitchel...@newsguy.com> felt compelled by mysterious forces to
> say:
>>
>>If there was anyone I'd love to see exposed as a hypocrite, it's gotta be
>>Ralph
>>Reed.
>
> i have nothing but hunches, but i strongly suspect Ralph Reed is on
> the down low. he's been out of the public eye for quite some time,
> hasn't he?
>
> --dez

Wasn't Ralph Reed outed years ago?

I guess the 102,000 google hits on "ralph reed" and the word "gay"
don't mean anything ;)

Kris

S. Fu

Jul 17, 2009, 7:17:54 PM7/17/09
On 2009-07-16 19:51:38 -0700, Big J <bi...@myrealbox.com> said:

> Leisha Pickering seeks unspecified damages in the alienation of affection
> lawsuit she filed this week against Elizabeth Creekmore Byrd of Jackson.
> The Pickerings filed for divorce in June 2008, but the divorce is not
> complete.

Hoo doggies, you don't see that kind of lawsuit very often. How
Victorian of her!

In California that suit would likely be laughed out of court, but in
Mississippi who knows?

S. Fu

Jul 17, 2009, 7:26:13 PM7/17/09
On 2009-07-16 20:18:02 -0700, "Kris Baker" <paralle...@gmail.com> said:

> "Big J" <bi...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090716/ap_on_re_us/us_ex_congressman_girlfri
>> end
>>

>> The lawsuit says Chip Pickering and Creekmore Byrd dated in college,
>> reconnected and began having an affair while Pickering was in Congress
>> and living in a Christian building for lawmakers on C Street, near the
>> U.S. Capitol.
>
> Ugh. There was an interview with ex-Oklahoma "Christian" (R)
> Congressman Steve Largent, yesterday. He talked about how he
> lived in the christian house on C street, and how they all had
> to confess their misdeeds to each other.

Oh man. For all the joy Steve brought me and other diehard fans when
he played for the Seahawks, his extremely conservative religious
shennanigans make it hard to keep liking the guy. He was always such a
sweet, nice guy...and yet he's such a moral prig.

> I'm starting to think this spate of affairs are clever beards for
> the C-C-Christian-Krewe.
>
> Kris

Well Steve and Jim Zorn were really, really close early in their
careers with the Seahawks. Close enough that, yes, there were some
arched eyebrows until Largent got married.

S. Fu

Jul 17, 2009, 7:42:33 PM7/17/09
On 2009-07-16 22:07:07 -0700, comadrejo <comadr...@mac.com> said:

> Steve Largent has been out of Congress for some time, (I think since
> 2000 or 2002) and if he is a horndog. He is much lauded horndog in the
> Pacific Northwest, given he should had run for the Washington's 8th
> Congressional District, and he had a child that was treated for years at
> Children's Hospital in Seattle.

Steve was _never_ known as a horndog around Seattle, or anywhere else
that I heard of. Definitely not.

Largent could never have won the 8th district seat. Western Washington
doesn't have that slavish addiction to football that you see in Texas,
OK, Kansas, etc. Many ex-Huskies and ex-Seahawks have tried to turn
their football fame into off-field fortune in the Northwest, with
limited success. Besides, Steve's way more conservative than Dave
Reichert and Reichert has barely managed to hold the seat the last
couple elections. If Darcy Burner's house hadn't burned down, I think
she'd have taken it last fall. It's a Dem seat anyway, or will be.

Message has been deleted

Font of All Important Info

Jul 17, 2009, 8:38:26 PM7/17/09
On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:35:28 -0600, "Kris Baker"
<paralle...@gmail.com> felt compelled by mysterious forces to say:

yeah, i don't spend a lot of time on him! :-) i just know i stopped
hearing about him in the press, and figured he'd been caught.

S. Fu

Jul 17, 2009, 8:53:45 PM7/17/09
On 2009-07-17 17:00:15 -0700, comadrejo <comadr...@mac.com> said:

> In article <4a610dc0$0$14657$ae26...@fe1.newsfeeds.com>,

> S. Fu <fuf...@fubar.org> wrote:
>
>> Besides, Steve's way more conservative than Dave
>> Reichert and Reichert has barely managed to hold the seat the last
>> couple elections. If Darcy Burner's house hadn't burned down, I think
>> she'd have taken it last fall. It's a Dem seat anyway, or will be.
>

> The 8th isn't a Dem seat. It has part of Pierce County (semi rural) in
> it that tilts it to a Republican seat.

Uh yeah, I think I know. I've lived in it for good chunks of the last
six years. Family roots east of the lake, etc.

I've been watching the polling numbers for the 8th the last couple
election cycles (I really, really loathe Reichert). Between the
continuing inflow of techbiz dollars into Bellevue/Redmond, and the
waning of the Boeing Aerospace workforce at their Renton and Kent
sites, the electorate has been steadily shifting to the left.

C'mon, get serious. All the Seattle exurbs are trending to the Dems,
and Obama took the 8th by fifteen points last fall. It's a Dem seat,
just with one with a lucky Reep incumbent who's managed to squeak out
one last term.

> It is mainly a moderate Republican seat.

There is no such thing as a moderate Republican anymore though.
Seriously, not trying to bait you, but that's part of the reason why
one can say that the 8th is now a wobbler seat trending permanently to
the Dems. Western Washington voters are known to be reliably
non-religious (there are hard numbers on this) and actually distrust
candidates who make a big deal of their faith. Moreso than moderate
Reep/independent-leaning voters in other parts of the country, the GOP
is getting killed in WW and Oregon by swearing fealty to the
Savanarola's of the hard right.

> Largent is pretty venerated in Seattle area, and if he ran as a
> moderate Republican he would had won the 8th district, even though
> Jennifer Dunn wouldn't had been pleased...

I know exactly how popular Steve was--I grew up there y'know. I was in
the end zone seats to watch Steve catch the Seahawks first ever
postseason TD against the hated Broncos. God, what a great Christmas
present that win was!

Sure he might have won if he'd run as a moderate, but, by definition,
Largent could never be a moderate Republican so it's a moot
supposition. His deserved fame wouldn't have counted for that much.
Seattle isn't Tulsa. Being Steve Largent would have gotten him the GOP
nomination unopposed (assuming the seat had been open at the time), but
it wouldn't have made that big a difference in the general election.

S. Fu

Jul 17, 2009, 9:03:58 PM7/17/09
On 2009-07-17 17:38:26 -0700, Font of All Important Info
<dez...@ix.netcom.com> said:

Lots and lots of rumors about that guy. I've always assumed that once
he'd been driven out of the Christian Coalition, anyone who had dirt on
him held back since his political career was already tanking.

If he is in the closet it's kind of funny to think that plain ol' graft
may have saved him from being outed.

Kris Baker

Jul 17, 2009, 11:35:48 PM7/17/09
"S. Fu" <fuf...@fubar.org> wrote in message

Yes, he did. He did. Funny how this always happens
after the eyebrows arch.

Methinks they're all over-compensating.

Kris

Big J

Jul 18, 2009, 12:22:08 AM7/18/09

> "S. Fu" <fuf...@fubar.org> wrote in message
>> On 2009-07-16 20:18:02 -0700, "Kris Baker" <paralle...@gmail.com>
>> said:
>>
>>> "Big J" <bi...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message

>>> Ugh. There was an interview with ex-Oklahoma "Christian" (R)
>>> Congressman Steve Largent, yesterday. He talked about how he
>>> lived in the christian house on C street, and how they all had
>>> to confess their misdeeds to each other.
>>
>> Oh man. For all the joy Steve brought me and other diehard fans when
>> he played for the Seahawks, his extremely conservative religious
>> shennanigans make it hard to keep liking the guy. He was always such
>> a sweet, nice guy...and yet he's such a moral prig.
>>
>>> I'm starting to think this spate of affairs are clever beards for
>>> the C-C-Christian-Krewe.
>>>
>>> Kris
>>
>> Well Steve and Jim Zorn were really, really close early in their
>> careers with the Seahawks. Close enough that, yes, there were some
>> arched eyebrows until Largent got married.
>>

> Yes, he did. He did. Funny how this always happens
> after the eyebrows arch.
>
> Methinks they're all over-compensating.
>
> Kris

http://jimzorn.com/?p=1

Big J

-----

S. Fu

Jul 18, 2009, 1:05:04 AM7/18/09
On 2009-07-17 21:22:08 -0700, Big J <bi...@myrealbox.com> said:

>>> Well Steve and Jim Zorn were really, really close early in their
>>> careers with the Seahawks. Close enough that, yes, there were some
>>> arched eyebrows until Largent got married.
>>>

>> Yes, he did. He did. Funny how this always happens
>> after the eyebrows arch.
>>
>> Methinks they're all over-compensating.
>>
>> Kris
>>

> http://jimzorn.com/?p=1
>
> Big J

Ohmigod, where did you find that? Did you make up that page, you bad
boy? Because the rumors about those two are so dusty I can't believe
that anyone but diehard 'Hawks fans would remember. I wouldn't have
even brought 'em up except that I was recently watching some old NFL
Films footage of the two and, well, my now much more mature gaydar was
definitely causing my eyebrows to arch.

Jimmy Z. was quite the handsome young stud in those days.

Hey, they were great, great ballplayers. Exclusive of Largent's moral
mania as a politician, I could not care less about the gender of honey
they chose to bang, then or now. And if it were to come out that they
were cruising the Capitol Hill bars all night long before Sunday games,
I would not think any different of them.

Big J

Jul 18, 2009, 9:18:48 AM7/18/09
S. Fu <fuf...@fubar.org> wrote in news:4a61576d$0$26191$ae266db1
@fe1.newsfeeds.com:

>>> Yes, he did. He did. Funny how this always happens
>>> after the eyebrows arch.
>>>
>>> Methinks they're all over-compensating.
>>>
>>> Kris
>>>

>> http://jimzorn.com/?p=1
>>
>> Big J
>
> Ohmigod, where did you find that? Did you make up that page, you bad
> boy? Because the rumors about those two are so dusty I can't believe
> that anyone but diehard 'Hawks fans would remember. I wouldn't have
> even brought 'em up except that I was recently watching some old NFL
> Films footage of the two and, well, my now much more mature gaydar was
> definitely causing my eyebrows to arch.

Nah, I didn't make it up. I just googled "zorn largent gay" and there it
was.

> Jimmy Z. was quite the handsome young stud in those days.

Wasn't he! And Largent had such a pert little butt

> Hey, they were great, great ballplayers. Exclusive of Largent's moral
> mania as a politician, I could not care less about the gender of honey
> they chose to bang, then or now. And if it were to come out that they
> were cruising the Capitol Hill bars all night long before Sunday games,
> I would not think any different of them.

Same here. Same goes for Roy Simmons, Esera Tuaolo and Dave Kopay.

Big J

-----

Kris Baker

Jul 18, 2009, 12:02:30 PM7/18/09
"S. Fu" <fuf...@fubar.org> wrote in message

Largent played in the NFL at the same time my cousin (Dave
Casper) did....but I could never understand why it took Dave
7 years longer to get into the HOF.

Kris

Big J

Jul 18, 2009, 12:03:25 PM7/18/09
"Kris Baker" <paralle...@gmail.com> wrote in

Your cousin is Ghost to the Post?

Big J
(TE for ND, OAK)
-----

Kris Baker

Jul 18, 2009, 12:25:42 PM7/18/09
> Your cousin is Ghost to the Post?
>
> Big J
> (TE for ND, OAK)
> -----

Yup. My dad is his mother's sister (obviously).

Kris

explorer

Jul 18, 2009, 1:49:51 PM7/18/09
"Kris Baker" <paralle...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Your dad is female? :-) Wow.

( I know what you meant, but your typo amused me.)

Kris Baker

Jul 18, 2009, 2:16:53 PM7/18/09
"explorer" <a...@123.com> wrote in message

That IS funny! I don't think I could do it right now, if I tried.

Let's see. His mother and my dad are sister-brother.

Kris
that works better

S. Fu

Jul 18, 2009, 3:03:42 PM7/18/09
On 2009-07-18 09:02:30 -0700, "Kris Baker" <paralle...@gmail.com> said:

>> Hey, they were great, great ballplayers. Exclusive of Largent's moral
>> mania as a politician, I could not care less about the gender of honey
>> they chose to bang, then or now. And if it were to come out that they
>> were cruising the Capitol Hill bars all night long before Sunday games,
>> I would not think any different of them.
>>

> Largent played in the NFL at the same time my cousin (Dave
> Casper) did....but I could never understand why it took Dave
> 7 years longer to get into the HOF.
>
> Kris

Wow, cuz to "Ghost to the Post" Dave? He was quite the
ballplayer...'cept for the fact that he was a FUCKIN' RAIDER!

(Like any 'Hawk fan from the AFC days, I'm a dedicated Raider Hater.
You wanna see me froth at the mouth, get me going on Alzado. Guy's
been dead fifteen year and I still hate his ass.)

No bangs on your cuz but it should be obvious why Largent was a
first-ballot HOF pick.

Big J

Jul 18, 2009, 3:14:31 PM7/18/09
S. Fu <fuf...@fubar.org> wrote in

I understand...but I've been a Raider fan since the days of Lamonica and
Hewritt Dixon, et al.

Big J

-----

Kris Baker

Jul 18, 2009, 3:24:18 PM7/18/09
"S. Fu" <fuf...@fubar.org> wrote in message

Hey, no problem-o here. The only time I watched a football
game in my entire life, was one of the Superbowls that Dave
played in.

Kris

Twitchell

Jul 18, 2009, 5:01:27 PM7/18/09
In article <Xns9C4C7C8828C32...@216.196.97.130>, Big J says...

Same with me, though not so much these days. I do remember Alzado who in the
end became the NFLs poster child for steroid abuse.

twitch

Big J

Jul 18, 2009, 5:09:22 PM7/18/09
Twitchell <Twitchel...@newsguy.com> wrote in

ITA with the "not so much these days." They've sucked since the Rich
Gannon days.

I did have a chance to go see them in the a playoff game around 2003,
IIRC.

Big J

-----

DDark

Jul 23, 2009, 3:04:26 AM7/23/09
On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 21:51:38 -0500, Big J <bi...@myrealbox.com> wrote:

>http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090716/ap_on_re_us/us_ex_congressman_girlfri

>I'm sure it was gay marriage that caused all of this. It certainly
>couldn't be the HUGE FUCKING HYPOCRISY of so many Republicans, could it?

It's impossible for Democrats to be hypocrites because they have no
values.