Elton John the father figure to today's stars?

Billie

Sep 27, 2001, 10:58:55 AM9/27/01
'THE SUN' UK

Elton John sees himself as a father figure to many of today’s stars. On
Day Four of our exclusive series, he talks about his famous friends -
starting with Victoria and David Beckham.

ON POSH AND BECKS
VICTORIA and Mel C went to stay in my house when Geri left the Spice Girls
- they were so upset they couldn’t believe it she was so upset.

I first met David first of all at a fashion show. I’ve become close to
them - me and my David (Furnish) speak to them on the phone a lot. I think
Victoria has been going through hell with her solo thing.

You try and say, calm down, listen, don’t do too much. But Victoria wants
to do everything herself, she wants to organise the dancers, do the
clothes.

I told her she’s got to delegate, otherwise she’s going to lose her mind.
You need people looking after you, doing a better job. I told her she’s
going to collapse, break down, suffer nervous exhaustion if she doesn’t
slow down.

We spoke about that last week and she’s much better now.

David’s adorable - he’s a great role model for young people now he’s
calmed down. He loves his wife, adores his kid, he’s a modern father who
isn’t racist or homophobic.

He loves his fashion. I really don’t think that there is a single bad bone
in his body.

ON ROBBIE WILLIAMS
I’M very protective of newer people and people I like. Being in a group
like Take That is really hard work.

It’s a whirlwind three or four years and then you’re suddenly left alone
and it’s finished. You have so much to cope with from an early age. I
still see Gary Barlow he sings on a song called This Train Don’t Stop
Here Anymore on my new album.

Robbie I keep my eye on from a distance. I worry about him but he seems to
be doing all right. I always feel he’s a bit of a loose cannon. He has
that look in his eye.

Robbie’s still very, very young he’s only 27 and he can’t have a drink
and that scares him, you can see.

He has that self-destruct button which we all have but he wears it on his
sleeve. He has self-esteem problems and he seems to hate himself. He has
cemented himself as the No1 male artist in Britain. But he’s like a little
deer caught in the headlights. I love him. Underneath that frightened
exterior is a sweetheart.

In some ways he reminds me of myself when I was younger though I had much
more confidence than him.

I mean, he’s confident on stage but I wasn’t a jittery wreck off it.

I think he needs to make different records the first one was great but
the other two were disappointing.

I love to see Robbie with guitars and an Oasis-type line-up. He’s
certainly got the charisma and the know-how.

I feel for him but I haven’t seen him for a long time and I regret that. I
miss seeing him. I just worry.

ON GEORGE MICHAEL
I DON’T see George Michael much now. He is very much a loner. I have a
feeling he has fallen out with me - I don’t know why.

We asked him to do something for a documentary and he wouldn’t do it -
have I done something wrong?

In the back of my mind I keep thinking I have - but I think he likes to
keep himself to himself.

ON HEAR'SAY
THEY are the ugliest band I’ve ever seen. If you’re going to have a boy
band or girl band then they’ve got to be good-looking. The guy Danny looks
like Shrek. I feel sorry for them.

’N Sync and Blue are good-looking. The other band, Liberty, are good
looking. With boybands, I like Backstreet Boys and Take That.

Boyzone and Westlife aren’t bad either but they breed so much crap

ON GERI HALLIWELL
I’VE met her at a couple of functions. She’s very sweet. Robbie doesn’t
seem to have many friends and nor does Geri, which is sad.

Whenever you see her she clings on to you and she talks to you -She’s good
company but she and Robbie just seem to be so obsessed with their careers.

I had so much fun when I was young. They should be having the best time
too.

ON ROD STEWART
WHEN me and Rod Stewart get together, I truly believe we are the funniest
two people in the world. We just insult each other - but in a great way.

We came up at the same time and have always been rivals. He is one of the
funniest people I have ever met.

Freddie Mercury was exactly the same. Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe of the
Pet Shop Boys are good friends too.

ON OASIS
They could have been the biggest band in the world but they blew it.

It all came down to the fact that they were not prepared to work. And the
drugs didn’t help during their abortive trips to America.

They made some great records but it’s hard to know what the future holds.

Having said that, I would never write Noel’s future off.

ON DOWNEY JR.
ELEVEN or 12 years ago I was lost in an addiction just like Robert -
that’s why I chose him to be in the video for my new single I Want Love.

I’ve talked to him a couple of times about his problems now he’s in rehab
and he’s doing OK. It’s up to him, he’s got to do the work. You can give
him all the advice in the world but he has to do the legwork and get
himself sober.

Elton’s new album Songs From The West Coast is out on October 1.

"STUPIDITY IS NOT A HANDICAP. Park elsewhere!"

AGC FAQ and FUN STUFF
http://members.aol.com/pusssykatt/agcfaq.html
BLIND ITEM REHASH:
http://members.aol.com/agcgossipqueen/mainpage.html

Cross Postin' Troll

Sep 27, 2001, 6:38:04 PM9/27/01
Queers Suck

razz

Sep 27, 2001, 7:54:23 PM9/27/01

Cross Postin' Troll wrote:

> Queers Suck

Well...of course they do. So do women. Have you invented a novel way,
all your own, to perform oral sex?

Razz