Down to earth approach to global warming

James

Jun 15, 2004, 2:15:19 PM6/15/04
Tue, June 15, 2004
Down to earth approach to global warming
By LICIA CORBELLA, EDITOR

Art Patterson, a geological engineer, says he has a print of a 1706 painting
that shows people skating in the canals of Venice, Italy. Eric Lougheed,
another Calgary geologist, says he has a copy of a print of Britons standing
on a frozen Thames River barbecuing an animal.

A few hundred years before that, however, there is archeological and written
evidence that shows Europe was much warmer -- so warm in fact, Britain had
thriving vineyards and the Danes inhabited Iceland and Greenland -- only to
later die in the subsequent Little Ice Age between the 1400s to the 1800s.

Those slices of life from the distant past are just small slivers of proof
in the mountains of evidence proving that the Earth has always endured
natural warming and cooling cycles that have nothing to do with carbon
dioxide (CO2) levels.

Yesterday, Patterson and Lougheed joined the Calgary Sun editorial board
along with Albert Jacobs, a petroleum geologist, to bring to our attention
just a small mound of those mountains of hard evidence that disproves the
theory of global warming and the need for the Kyoto protocol.

All men are members of the Friends of Science Society, a not-for-profit
scientific organization that receives no funding from oil and energy
companies.

Patterson says those two paintings, as well as volumes of scientific
evidence -- including ice core samples from the Arctic and Antarctic --
proves that so-called "global warming" as a result of CO2 emissions is a
farce.

"In the last 100 years," says Patterson, "temperature increased noticeably
from 1905 to 1940 with little change in CO2 emissions.

"From 1940 to 1975, global temperatures cooled while CO2 increased.

"The lack of correlation between CO2 and temperature change is clearly
evident."

In a six-minute film made by the Friends of Science, three of the world's
leading climatologists don't just poke holes in Kyoto and the global-warming
theory, but destroy it altogether.

Firstly, it is pointed out that water vapour accounts for 97% of all the
greenhouse gasses in the world.

CO2 -- which they point out is not a pollutant but a necessity for life on
Earth -- constitutes just 0.03% of the atmosphere.

And yet Prime Minister Paul Martin wants to cut back on CO2 -- costing
Canada billions of dollars and an estimated 200,000 jobs -- without making a
dent in pollution.

Indeed, Patterson and his colleagues are all in favour of cleaning up our
air and water, but Kyoto will do nothing to combat pollution and will focus
on minimizing a non-toxic substance instead.

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?

And consider this, less than 30 years ago, many of the same doom and
gloomers who were predicting that the world was headed towards another ice
age are the same "sky-is-falling" scientists who are now saying global
warming will destroy the planet.

An April 1975, Newsweek article said this about a predicted ice age: "There
are ominous signs that the Earth's weather patterns have begun to change
dramatically and these changes may portend a drastic decline in food
production -- with serious political implications for just about every
nation on Earth.

The drop in food production could begin quite soon, perhaps only 10 years
from now.

The evidence in support of these predictions has now begun to accumulate so
massively that meteorologists are hard-pressed to keep up with it."

Big oops there, eh?

To his credit, Conservative Party Leader Stephen Harper announced last week
that he will scrap the politically popular Kyoto protocol and deal instead
with cleaning up our air and water instead -- particularly cutting back on
the particulates that cause smog that kills thousands of Canadians annually.

Patterson says while he agrees with Harper's position, he fears the
ignorance Canadians have about "global warming" will hurt Harper's chances
to win at the ballot box.

That's why he urges all Canadians to look at the evidence themselves. You
can start by looking at www.friendsofscience.org

Type=count&ClientType=2&AdID=16034&FlightID=8945&TargetID=2643&Segments=2371,4176,5882,6027,6038,6140,6143,6221,6273,6274,6397,6421,6486&Targets=439,2578,2600,2828,2643,2783&Values=25,30,50,60,72,78,82,91,100,110,150,155,213,255,288,332,334,342,343,344,345,36

Ian St. John

Jun 15, 2004, 2:50:14 PM6/15/04
James wrote:
> Tue, June 15, 2004
> Down to earth approach to global warming
> By LICIA CORBELLA, EDITOR
>

> Art Patterson, a geological engineer, says he has a print of a 1706
> painting that shows people skating in the canals of Venice, Italy.
> Eric Lougheed, another Calgary geologist, says he has a copy of a
> print of Britons standing on a frozen Thames River barbecuing an
> animal.

And when was this painted? During the 'year without summer'? Or during an
extended 'cold snap'? Without such information, such annecdotes are
meaningless.

> A few hundred years before that, however, there is archeological and
> written evidence that shows Europe was much warmer -- so warm in
> fact, Britain had thriving vineyards and the Danes inhabited Iceland
> and Greenland -- only to later die in the subsequent Little Ice Age
> between the 1400s to the 1800s.

Regional climate vary. The MWP is well known to be highly regional and
driven by changes in the *transportation* of heat from the equator to the
poles, NOT the global temperature.

> Those slices of life from the distant past are just small slivers of
> proof in the mountains of evidence proving that the Earth has always
> endured natural warming and cooling cycles that have nothing to do
> with carbon dioxide (CO2) levels.

Lie. Obviously this person cannot tell the difference between *regional* and
*global* or *weather* vs *climate* and is relying on annecdotal evidence
without context even then.

Given the lack of scientific study here, I would suggest that he spend his
time doing something he knows, like gardening maybe, rather than comment on
something he knows nothing about.

Ian St. John

Jun 15, 2004, 2:50:14 PM6/15/04
James wrote:
> Tue, June 15, 2004
> Down to earth approach to global warming
> By LICIA CORBELLA, EDITOR
>

> Art Patterson, a geological engineer, says he has a print of a 1706
> painting that shows people skating in the canals of Venice, Italy.
> Eric Lougheed, another Calgary geologist, says he has a copy of a
> print of Britons standing on a frozen Thames River barbecuing an
> animal.

And when was this painted? During the 'year without summer'? Or during an

extended 'cold snap'? Without such information, such annecdotes are
meaningless.

> A few hundred years before that, however, there is archeological and
> written evidence that shows Europe was much warmer -- so warm in
> fact, Britain had thriving vineyards and the Danes inhabited Iceland
> and Greenland -- only to later die in the subsequent Little Ice Age
> between the 1400s to the 1800s.

Regional climate vary. The MWP is well known to be highly regional and

driven by changes in the *transportation* of heat from the equator to the
poles, NOT the global temperature.

> Those slices of life from the distant past are just small slivers of
> proof in the mountains of evidence proving that the Earth has always
> endured natural warming and cooling cycles that have nothing to do
> with carbon dioxide (CO2) levels.

Lie. Obviously this person cannot tell the difference between *regional* and

Lloyd Parker

Jun 15, 2004, 12:14:06 PM6/15/04
In article <W0Hzc.28$OD4...@fe39.usenetserver.com>,
"James" <jra...@dcr.net> wrote:

>Tue, June 15, 2004
>Down to earth approach to global warming
>By LICIA CORBELLA, EDITOR

Of what? A scientific journal? Yeah, right.

>Art Patterson, a geological engineer, says he has a print of a 1706 painting
>that shows people skating in the canals of Venice, Italy. Eric Lougheed,
>another Calgary geologist, says he has a copy of a print of Britons standing
>on a frozen Thames River barbecuing an animal.

I have a cartoon that shows Fred Flintstone playing with a dinosaur.

>A few hundred years before that, however, there is archeological and written
>evidence that shows Europe was much warmer -- so warm in fact, Britain had
>thriving vineyards and the Danes inhabited Iceland and Greenland -- only to
>later die in the subsequent Little Ice Age between the 1400s to the 1800s.
>
>Those slices of life from the distant past are just small slivers of proof
>in the mountains of evidence proving that the Earth has always endured
>natural warming and cooling cycles that have nothing to do with carbon
>dioxide (CO2) levels.

The amount the Little Ice Age was colder than now is smaller than the earth
will warm in the next 100 years.

>Yesterday, Patterson and Lougheed joined the Calgary Sun editorial board
>along with Albert Jacobs, a petroleum geologist, to bring to our attention
>just a small mound of those mountains of hard evidence that disproves the
>theory of global warming and the need for the Kyoto protocol.

Since there is none, this ought to be good.

>All men are members of the Friends of Science Society, a not-for-profit
>scientific organization that receives no funding from oil and energy
>companies.

Yeah, sure.

>Patterson says those two paintings, as well as volumes of scientific
>evidence -- including ice core samples from the Arctic and Antarctic --
>proves that so-called "global warming" as a result of CO2 emissions is a
>farce.

Then he's an idiot. Explain how you can increase a gas that traps heat and
not have it trap any heat.

>"In the last 100 years," says Patterson, "temperature increased noticeably
>from 1905 to 1940 with little change in CO2 emissions.

False. CO2 levels have been increasing.

>"From 1940 to 1975, global temperatures cooled while CO2 increased.

Explained in the scientific literature, which it appears "Friends of Science"
can't or won't read.

>"The lack of correlation between CO2 and temperature change is clearly
>evident."

So if I add some HCl to a buffer solution, and the pH doesn't change, I can
say the lack of correlation between acid and pH change is clearly evident?

>In a six-minute film made by the Friends of Science, three of the world's
>leading climatologists don't just poke holes in Kyoto and the global-warming
>theory, but destroy it altogether.

Who said they were "leading"?

>Firstly, it is pointed out that water vapour accounts for 97% of all the
>greenhouse gasses in the world.

Total lie. We're talking about the added warming, not the natural.

>CO2 -- which they point out is not a pollutant but a necessity for life on
>Earth -- constitutes just 0.03% of the atmosphere.

Irrelevant. A virus can cause a tiny change in your body's Kelvin temp, but
that can kill you.

>And yet Prime Minister Paul Martin wants to cut back on CO2 -- costing
>Canada billions of dollars and an estimated 200,000 jobs -- without making a
>dent in pollution.

It'd do no such thing. Another lie.

>Indeed, Patterson and his colleagues are all in favour of cleaning up our
>air and water, but Kyoto will do nothing to combat pollution and will focus
>on minimizing a non-toxic substance instead.

Lie again.

>Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?

You do.

>And consider this, less than 30 years ago, many of the same doom and
>gloomers who were predicting that the world was headed towards another ice
>age are the same "sky-is-falling" scientists who are now saying global
>warming will destroy the planet.

Lie repeatedly debunked.

>An April 1975, Newsweek article said this about a predicted ice age: "There
>are ominous signs that the Earth's weather patterns have begun to change
>dramatically and these changes may portend a drastic decline in food
>production -- with serious political implications for just about every
>nation on Earth.

So Newsweek is a scientific journal?

>The drop in food production could begin quite soon, perhaps only 10 years
>from now.
>
>The evidence in support of these predictions has now begun to accumulate so
>massively that meteorologists are hard-pressed to keep up with it."
>
>Big oops there, eh?
>
>To his credit, Conservative Party Leader Stephen Harper announced last week
>that he will scrap the politically popular Kyoto protocol and deal instead
>with cleaning up our air and water instead -- particularly cutting back on
>the particulates that cause smog that kills thousands of Canadians annually.
>
>Patterson says while he agrees with Harper's position, he fears the
>ignorance Canadians have about "global warming" will hurt Harper's chances
>to win at the ballot box.
>
>That's why he urges all Canadians to look at the evidence themselves. You
>can start by looking at www.friendsofscience.org

Charles Simpson, President
Eric J. Loughead, B.Sc., P.Geol., Vice-President
Giles H. Wilderman, Secretary
William H. Hommel, B.Sc., P.Eng., Treasurer

So two people with bachelor's degrees (one in the petroleum industry?) and 2
with apparently no scientific training.

Individuals from the Friends of Science have had extensive discussions,
consultations, and correspondence with the following persons, who we consider
to be our prime academic contacts:

Dr. Tim Ball, Emeritus Prof. Climatology; Consultant
Dr. Chris de Freitas, Assoc. Prof. of Geography & Environmental Science, U.
of Auckland
Dr. R. McKitrick, Assoc. Prof. of Economics, U. of Guelph
Dr. T. Patterson, Professor of Geology and Paleoclimatology., Carleton U.

4 "consultants" of which only 3 are in science. Kind of pales with all the
scientists on IPCC, NASA, NOAA, EPA, NAS, doesn't it? Or all those
publishing in scientific journals.

Yes look at the evidence, but go to a scientific group like NASA, EPA, NOAA,
NAS, or IPCC. Don't go to a creationist site for info on evolution.

Eric Swanson

Jun 15, 2004, 7:12:47 PM6/15/04
In article <W0Hzc.28$OD4...@fe39.usenetserver.com>, jra...@dcr.net says...

>Tue, June 15, 2004
>Down to earth approach to global warming
>By LICIA CORBELLA, EDITOR
>

>Art Patterson, a geological engineer, says he has a print of a 1706 painting
>that shows people skating in the canals of Venice, Italy. Eric Lougheed,
>another Calgary geologist, says he has a copy of a print of Britons standing
>on a frozen Thames River barbecuing an animal.

[cut]

>That's why he urges all Canadians to look at the evidence themselves. You
>can start by looking at www.friendsofscience.org

More of the same old denialist lies here.
Look at the science "advisors':

Dr. Tim Ball, Emeritus Prof. Climatology; Consultant
Dr. Chris de Freitas, Assoc. Prof. of Geography & Environmental Science,
U. of Auckland
Dr. R. McKitrick, Assoc. Prof. of Economics, U. of Guelph
Dr. T. Patterson, Professor of Geology and Paleoclimatology., Carleton U.

And, as usual, the throrughly disproven statement"

7.Recognition of temperatures recorded by satellites and weather balloons show
very minor temperature change in the last 50 years. As well, there is a bias
in the geographical distribution of historical surface temperature measurements
(so-called "urban heat islands")..............

James, when will you learn this stuff is all pre-packaged junk science?
It's designed just for idiots like you.....

--
Eric Swanson --- E-mail address: e_swanson(at)skybest.com :-)

David Ball

Jun 15, 2004, 8:03:40 PM6/15/04

It's even worse. The Sun newspaper chain is nothing more than
a lot of right-wing tabloid rag. They've got a good sports section in
their newspapers but don't bother reading them for any kind of
in-depth analysis.

Psalm 110

Jun 15, 2004, 9:35:33 PM6/15/04
"James" <jra...@dcr.net> wrote in message news:<W0Hzc.28$OD4...@fe39.usenetserver.com>...

> That's why he urges all Canadians to look at the evidence themselves. You
> can start by looking at www.friendsofscience.org

Before looking at that evidence, look at this evidence which has real
court documents proving the authenticity...

The CORRUPT Nature of S. Fred Singer --- More documented evidence

1993 and 1994 were busy moments in the life of S. Fred Singer. During
this period of time Singer was using offices provided by Sun Myung
Moon ("moonies") founding his "Science and Environmental Policy
Project" ("SEPP"), orchestrating the "Heidelberg Appeal" to counter
the Union of Concerned Scientists' "Appeal to Humanity", organizing
two corrupt science reports published by Alexis de Tocqueville
Institution attacking the EPA, participating in the Tobacco Institute
"Whitecoats Project", and co-hosting two fraudulent science
gatherings.

One of these science gatherings called "Scientific Integrity in the
Public Policy Process", was co-sponsored by International Center for
Scientific Ecology ("ICSE") and SEPP, both which were S. Fred Singer
front organizations, held May 24-25th, 1993, at the Madison Hotel in
Washington, D.C.
http://tobaccodocuments.org/pm/2502284041-4042.html

Singer, already in the employ of the Whitecoats Project, was globally
known to tobacco executives around the world. Here are a few surviving
fax references to the International Center for Scientific Ecology,
linking the Heidelberg Appeal to tobacco stealth activities.
http://tobaccodocuments.org/pm/2028385351.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/pm/2028385382.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/pm/2028385381.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/pm/2028385369.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/pm/2025498347.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/pm/2028385370.html

Three of these faxes explicitly mention the "Heidelberg Appeal" and
the Paris ICSE meeting in the same document. The body of documention
found in tobacco industry files includes materials impossible to
obtain except by collaboration of the Heidelberg Appeal/ICSE key
figures. There are drafts of the guidelines to use for the meeting,
pre-meeting lists of invited panelists, and, of course, there is a
particularly touching post-meeting report by tobacco industry stealth
Whitecoat agent Peter N. Lee.

Lee's report, on the foundational meeting/seminar of an organization
named "International Center for Scientific Ecology" has his amusing
comment "Having said that, it was notable that no members of
environmental organizations had been invited to the conference, so
counter-arguments were often not made." It took a number or reading
for the importance of that fact to sink in -- no ecologists, no
environmental scientists with any understanding of the ecological
world, were invited to an event hosted by "International Center for
Scientific Ecology". Lee's cynical sneering of the "restricted" nature
of this meeting is clear evidence in itself of the pure
industry-propaganda purpose of this organization.
http://tobaccodocuments.org/pm/2028385357-5368.html [page 2].

<begin quote>
''Subject: the Heidelberg Appeal ...This coalition has its roots in
the asbestos industry. ... We are involved ... but we are being
discrete because some of the coalition members are concerned about a
"tobacco connection". Our strategy is to continue discretely
supporting the coalition and help it grow in size and credibility.''
<end quote>
http://tobaccodocuments.org/pm/2025498346.html

Up until the 1994 time period, Richard Mellon Scaife was the principal
ultra-right-wing donor to "Institute of Humane Studies" at George
Mason University. In later years Scaife's continuing donations would
be dwarfed by Koch Industry, owners killer Charles G. Koch, and killer
David H. Koch.
http://www.jimarnoldassociates.com/news_09_24_02.html
http://www.motherjones.com/news/special_reports/mojo_400/51_koch.html
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/11/27/60II/main252545.shtml

http://www.atlasusa.org/highlight_archive/1995/H1995-02-Environment.html
-- In January 1995, the Science & Environmental Policy Project moved
to Fairfax, joining Atlas, the Institute for Humane Studies, The Locke
Institute, and the Center for Market Processes at "4084 University
Drive" near George Mason University. Atlas provided a grant to IPPS to
facilitate the move and help fund the organization during its first
year in Fairfax.

Listed at the same address as SEPP and Atlas are Institute for Humane
Studies, Locke Institute, and the Charles G. Koch Summer Fellow
Program.
http://linux-universe.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2765

The Institute of Humane Studies was a smokescreen affiliation S. Fred
Singer used in an AdTI-tobacco whitecoats fraudulent science report
during the 1993-1994 time period.

Certainly the most indisputable evidence of moral turpitude of S. Fred
Singer was his crafting of the "Science, Economics, and Environmental
Policy: A Critical Examination A Research Report Conducted by the
Alexis De Tocqueville Institution" Date: 11 Aug 1994, Length: 70 pages
http://tobaccodocuments.org/lor/92756807-6876.html

Culpable persons named as being involved in this corrupt activity
were:
Academic Advisory Board -- Dr. Gary Anderson, Professor of Economics,
California State University-Northridge -- Dr. Nancy Bord (Yonge),
Visiting Scholar, The Hoover Institution, Stanford University -- Dr.
Gordon L. Brady, Associate Professor and Director Environmental
Studies, Sweet Briar College -- Dr. Jeffrey Clark, Professor of
Economics, University of Tennessee-Chattanooga -- Dr. Michael Darby,
Professor of Economics, and Director John M. Olin Center for Policy,
University of California, Los Angeles -- Dr. Robert Ekelund, Lowder
Eminent Scholar, Auburn University -- Dr. Michael Gough, Project
Director, Congressional Office of Technology Assessment -- Dr. William
Hazeltine, Environmental Consultant -- Dr. Thomas Hopkins, Gosnell
Professor of Economics, Rochester Institute of Technology -- Dr.
Dwight R. Lee, Ramsey Professor of Economics, University of Georgia --
Dr. Michael Marlow, Professor of Economics, California State
Polytechnic University-San Luis Obispo -- Dr. Thomas Gale Moore,
Senior Fellow The Hoover Institution, Stanford University -- Dr.
Malcolm Ross, Research Mineralogist U.S. Geological Survey -- Dr. S.
Fred Singer Professor Emeritus of Environmental Sciences, University
of Virginia and President Science and Environmental Policy Project
(SEPP) -- Dr. Gerhard Stohrer, Director of Chemical Risk Program,
Science and Environmental Policy Project, and former Department Head
Sloan-Kettering Institute for Cancer Research -- Dr. Mark Thornton,
Professor of Economics Auburn University -- Dr. Robert D. Tollison,
Duncan Black Professor of Economics and Director Center for the Study
of Public Choice, George Mason University -- Dr. Richard Vedder,
Professor of Economics, University of Ohio -- Dr. Richard Wagner,
Professor of Economics and Chairman, Department of Economics, George
Mason University

Author: Kent Jeffreys,
Principal Reviewer: Dr. S. Fred Singer,
Senior Staff and Contributing Associates:
Rachael Applegate, Bruce Bartlett, Merrick Carey, Cesar Conda, Gregory
Fossedal, Dave Juday, Felix Rouse, Aaron Stevens.

Not one single member of the "Academic Advisory Board", the so-called
"peer-reviewers", can be found clean of taint of corruption. Almost
every one of them has important monetary attachments to Tobacco
Whitecoats Project, George Mason University (Scaife-Koch) funding,
and/or other dirty-industry flacking.

Recall that ICSE/Heidelberg Appeal "has its roots in the asbestos
industry" and the section on asbestos in this AdTI report makes more
sense than if looked at only as a tobacco-funded smokescreen.

William Hazelton operated a lab for the DDT whitewash -- DDT was
banned as environmentally disasterous, and the bugs soon developed
resistant mutations, so it was ineffectual as well, NOT because it was
cancer-causing, but Hazelton's disproof of cancer-causing is supposed
to show the EPA was wrong to ban DDT. DDT also appeared in tobacco,
having saturated the growing soils and having a very long half-life in
the soils, so tobacco funded the tobacco-friendly spokesperson
Hazelton lavishly.

Hazelton was party to the fraudulent AdTI 1994 'science report" by S.
Fred Singer and Kent Jeffreys. the AdTI report of main controversy
was: "Science, Economics, and Environmental Policy: A Critical
Examination, A Research Report Conducted by the Alexis De Tocqueville
Institution", where Hazelton was listed as "Academic Advisory Board"
member. Hazelton is listed on page 14 of this RJ Reynolds Tobacco
Company document, http://tobaccodocuments.org/rjr/506934337-4358.pdf,
as receiving $479,357 in 1987, $763,995 in 1998, and budgeted for
$550,000 in 1989.

Another turncoat, "whitecoat Robert D. Tollison received these check
numbers:
page 6:
Cumulative General Ledger the Tobacco Institute Inc. Period Ending
09-30-87
* Robert D. Tollison Check #42538 87-MAR-30 $16,450
* Robert D. Tollison Check #44247 87-MAY-29 $14,075
page 7:
* Robert D. Tollison Check #45160 87-JUL-07 $27,388
* Robert D. Tollison Check #45717 87-JUL-22 $7,750 (Totals paid over 5
months = $65,663.)
http://tobaccodocuments.org/ti/TIFL0536080-6087.html

Gary Anderson - Tobacco Industry stealth consultant 1988-1996 --
http://tobaccodocuments.org/ti/TIDN0018432-8476.html (Tobacco
Institute) -- http://tobaccodocuments.org/atc/71008079.html (American
Tobacco Company) -- http://tobaccodocuments.org/ti/TIOK0021837-1844.html
(Tobacco Institute) --
http://tobaccodocuments.org/lor/88116221-6224.html (Tobacco Institute)
-- http://tobaccodocuments.org/atc/71081376.html (American Tobacco
Company) -- http://tobaccodocuments.org/atc/71081377.html (American
Tobacco Company) -- http://tobaccodocuments.org/lor/86015105-5117.html
(Lorillard Tobacco Company) --
http://tobaccodocuments.org/lor/86015122-5123.html (Lorillard Tobacco
Company) -- http://tobaccodocuments.org/lor/92761030-1042.html
(Lorillard Tobacco Company) --
http://tobaccodocuments.org/ti/TIDN0006954-6958.html (Tobacco
Institute) -- http://tobaccodocuments.org/ti/TIDN0011871-1904.html
(Tobacco Institute) --
http://tobaccodocuments.org/ti/TIDN0005687-5689.html (Tobacco
Institute) -- http://tobaccodocuments.org/ti/TIFL0536332-6369.html
(Tobacco Institute) --
http://tobaccodocuments.org/ti/TIFL0536164-6203.html (Tobacco
Institute) -- http://tobaccodocuments.org/ti/TIFL0538126-8164.html
(Tobacco Institute) --
http://tobaccodocuments.org/ti/TIDN0017394-7432.html (Tobacco
Institute) -- http://tobaccodocuments.org/ti/TI16551799-1815.html The
Tobacco Institute -- http://tobaccodocuments.org/pm/2074211106.html
(Philip Morris)

These are the "peer-reviewers" that S. Fred Singer, "senior reviewer"
assembled for the "Academic Advisory Board" on the AdTI smear campaign
on the EPA's scientific integrity.

Psalm 110

Jun 18, 2004, 6:25:08 PM6/18/04
"James" <jra...@dcr.net> wrote in message news:<W0Hzc.28$OD4...@fe39.usenetserver.com>...
> Tue, June 15, 2004
> Down to earth approach to global warming
> By LICIA CORBELLA, EDITOR

Calgary has rich people living in it. Some rich people have
diversified money in nearby Oil, Gas, oilsands, vast acreages of land
that may be explored in the future, or own newspapers. Sometimes rich
people hire less-rich people to lie for them. Licia Corbella is a liar
-- "Friends of Science" is no friend of science, and its principles
have never made a living without depending on the oil geology money to
flow into their pockets.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/CalgarySun/News/2004/06/15/499795.html

Tue, June 15, 2004
Down to earth approach to global warming
By LICIA CORBELLA, EDITOR

Art Patterson, a geological engineer, says he has a print of a 1706
painting that shows people skating in the canals of Venice, Italy.
Eric Lougheed, another Calgary geologist, says he has a copy of a
print of Britons standing on a frozen Thames River barbecuing an

animal...

... Yesterday, Patterson and Lougheed joined the Calgary Sun editorial

board along with Albert Jacobs, a petroleum geologist, to bring to our
attention just a small mound of those mountains of hard evidence that
disproves the theory of global warming and the need for the Kyoto
protocol.

All men are members of the Friends of Science Society, a
not-for-profit scientific organization that receives no funding from

oil and energy companies. ...
=======================

http://www.rotarycs.org/Bulletins/Bull050902.pdf

Global Warming

Art Patterson & Don Christensen

Guest Speaker Art Patterson was
introduced by Don Christensen. Mr.
Patterson has recently sold his company,
Marpat Resources Ltd. He has
a lifetime experience in the oil and
gas industry both internationally and
locally. Mr. Patterson is an expert on
Global Climate change; past, present
and future. The biggest hoax is that
human beings by their actions are
changing our climate. ...
=======================

http://www.petroleumhistory.ca/archivesnews/2002/phs02-05/phs0205.html

"Notes on Global Climate Change -- Past Present and Future"
An address to the Petroleum History Society Annual General Meeting
By A. M. (Art) Patterson

March 27, 2002
=======================

http://www.reveal.ca/friendsofscience/References.html

* The CO2 and Climate site http://www.co2andclimate.org
* John Daly's websites: http://www.vision.net.au/~daly/ and
http://www.john-daly.com
* CO2 Science Magazine: http://www.co2science.org
* For some effectively debunked myths: http://www.envirotruth.org
* Current articles and news: http://www.home-dome.com
* More current news: TechCentralStation, Enviro-sci (Sallie Baliunas
editor): http://www.techcentralstation.com/1051/enviro-sci.jsp
* Dr.David Wojick's site: http://www.climatechangedebate.org
* Science & Environmental Policy Project (SEPP site):
http://www.sepp.org

=======================

Singer (SEPP), TCS, IDSOs (CO2frauds.org), SALLIE BALIUNAS have all
been debunked as corrupt frauds:

http://www.ecosyn.us/adti/ADTI_Frauds_01.html
http://www.ecosyn.us/adti/Pelosi.html
http://www.ecosyn.us/adti/Singer-1993-1994.html
http://www.ecosyn.us/adti/Singer-Seitz.html
http://www.ecosyn.us/adti/Singer-Nightline.html

Trivia fact of the day: Sallie Baliunas was the "Wesson Fellow" at
Hoover Institute in 1993-1994, during the same moment in time that S.
Fred Singer was orchestrating the infamous science frauds with Jeffrey
Kent at AdTI. Singer was "Wesson Fellow" in the same seat at "Hoover
Institute" in his "Salad Days" as he testified to congress -- the only
"oil" money (salad oil) he ever got, says he.

Amazing what facts a reporter could find on the internet if one
preferred truth to lies...

The Corrupt S. Fred Singer, corrupt Fred Seitz, corrupt AdTI, corrupt
George Marshall Institute.

When the corrupt S. Fred Singer assembles a team of corrupted
academics and scientific "Whitecoats" to lend authority to the tobacco
whitewash reports he was contracted to do, one of the team was William
Hazelton (misspelled in a 1989 RJ Reynolds document as 'Hazleton'.
Because of the typo it was missed in the first computer search of
online documents, but turned up in a second finer search.

Hazelton was party to the fraudulent AdTI 1994 'science reports" by S.

Fred Singer and Kent Jeffreys. the AdTI report of main controversy
was: "Science, Economics, and Environmental Policy: A Critical
Examination, A Research Report Conducted by the Alexis De Tocqueville
Institution", where Hazelton was listed as "Academic Advisory Board"

member. What the corrupt S. Fred Singer forgot to mention about each
and every member of this board was their corrupt ties to big tobacco.

Hazelton is listed on page 14 of this document,

http://tobaccodocuments.org/rjr/506934337-4358.pdf, as receiving
$479,357 in 1987, $763,995 in 1998, and budgeted for $550,000 in 1989.

A scanned OCR text version of this 1989 document is located at
http://tobaccodocuments.org/rjr/506934337-4358.html.

Every single member of this team creating this phoney "Whitecoat
Project" report, a report which was designed to cause confusion in the
public mind that there was no linkage between second-hand smoke and
health hazards to non-smoking people, was on the tobacco company
payrolls or else received funding through ideological partners of the
tobacco companies owners and major stockholders. Most of the academics
also have some clear traceable connections to George Mason University,
Richard Scaife or Koch Industries tying them in a package.

The deliberately deceptive S. Fred Singer co-authored one report in
1994 with Jeffreys which is signed on the title page as both authors
being fellows of Alexis De Tocqueville Institution, which was "the Epa
and the Science of Environmental Tobacco Smoke" located at
http://tobaccodocuments.org/lor/92756102-6120.html.

But it would be transparently corrupt to list AdTI affiliation on the
other report, "Science, Economics, and Environmental Policy: A

Critical Examination, A Research Report Conducted by the Alexis De

Tocqueville Institution", so Singer lists several alternate titles he
varies around. In this report he is not listed as co-author, but as
"senior reviewer" (page 4), and on page 3 as Professor Emeritus of
Environmental Sciences
University of Virginia, and President Science and Environmental Policy
Project.

Singer would prefer not to be revealed as co-author, because it would
be widely considered unethical to also be "principal reviewer" of a
transparently fraudulent "peer-review" panel once anybody got curious
enough to investigate all of the members. To be effective in injuring
the EPA (and injuring the American people the EPA is created to
protect), it was necessary to deceptively be partially disclosing of
affiliations which had the appearance of greatest impartiality.

The fact that Singer was so deeply involved in crafting this deception
propaganda at the requests of his paymasters in the tobacco industry,
permanently and irrevokably invalidates S. Fred Singer from
participating in modern science or being accepted as a spokesperson of
scientific trust.

S. Fred Singer was documented as corrupt in 1993 and 1994 by records
since confiscated from tobacco industry files by lawsuits of 46 state
attorney generals. Singer's corruption can be traced further back in
time and forward in time to build a record of constant corruption and
disgrace. His associates for any period of time can likewise be traced
to find similar incriminating documents which shows he has been
actively subvertin compatriots and utilizing for covert subversion of
America willing persons already corrupted.

At the time of Science and Environmental Policy Project creation, SEPP
was housed in a Sun Myung Moon ('moonie') think tank in Washington,
D.C., but soon moved to the Institute of Humane Studies (IHS) at
George Mason University. The present and past AdTI and Singer
connections to IHS/GMU are documented further below. Since SEPP Board
of Directors member Frederick Seitz was involved in a similar attack
on the EPA in 1994, it is worth the attention to notice the
similarieties of deception reports coming simultaneously from partners
at two corrupt think tanks funded by the same ideological backers.

Fredrerick Seitz was thorougly corrupt long before the Marshall
Institute gave him a home -- the evidence just was not visible in
public.

As early as 1980, Seitz was a paid consultant for RJ Reynolds tobacco
company:

http://tobaccodocuments.org/pm/2028359649-9650.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/rjr/504480408-0410.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/rjr/501010102A-0102A.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/rjr/503771382-1388.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/rjr/503136824-6825_D2.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/lor/87697430-7434.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/rjr/508261706-1707.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/rjr/506648613-8613.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/lor/87697428-7429.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/rjr/506535953-5953.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/rjr/506418757-8773.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/rjr/506934313-4334.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/pm/2054399542-9555.html

http://tobaccodocuments.org/pm/2028359649-9650.html
"While the report is primarily focused on the topic of global warming
and ozone layer depletion, it briefly reviews ten other issues on
which the public has been misled. ETS is mentioned as one of the
examples.in the report (p:7).

What makes this report particularly significant is that it is authored
by Dr. Frederick Seitz."

=========================
So in early 1994, the corrupt Frederick Seitz has his coming out at
the shill Debutant's Ball. And considering the ever-after relationship
with the corrupt S. Fred Singer, both officers of the SEPPtic tank
"Science and Environmental Policy Project", it is worth noting that
the corrupt S. Fred Singer is taking boodles of cash to the bank
authoring similar smokescreens on behalf of the tobacco industry
"Whitecoats Project".

In order to be effective, both these SEPPtic tank floaters have to
create the appearance that they are not taking money from the tobacco
companies while the tobacco companies are pretending they are not
putting words in their sock-puppets mouths.

http://tobaccodocuments.org/landman/2023856052-6057.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/landman/2500017054-7063.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/pm/2501254705-4708.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/landman/2500057725-7729.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/landman/TI31049034.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/landman/2023329411-9457.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/landman/2024713141-3156.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/landman/2023920090-0101.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/pm/2023542534.html
http://tobaccodocuments.org/landman/_D5.html

Vendicar Decarian

Jun 20, 2004, 2:26:58 PM6/20/04

"James" <jra...@dcr.net> wrote in message
> www.friendsofscience.org

From this site...

"World Climate Report (2002) shows that concentrations of CO2 in the
atmosphere have remained essentially flat from 1975 to the present - during
a time of maximum production of CO2 from fossil fuels. This casts doubt on
the claim that rapid and dramatic buildups of CO2 will occur in the future."

Which is a bald faced lie.

*** Atmospheric CO2 concentrations (ppmv) derived from in situ ***
*** air samples collected at Mauna Loa Observatory, Hawaii ***
*** ***
*** Source: C.D. Keeling ***
*** T.P. Whorf ***
*** Scripps Institution of Oceanography ***
*** University of California ***
*** La Jolla, California USA 92093-0220 ***
Year Jan. Feb. March April May June July Aug. Sept. Oct.
Nov. Dec. Annual
1958 0 0 315.56 317.29 317.34 0 315.69 314.78 313.05 0
313.18 314.50 0
1959 315.42 316.31 316.50 317.56 318.13 318.00 316.39 314.65 313.68 313.18
314.66 315.43 315.83
1960 316.27 316.81 317.42 318.87 319.87 319.43 318.01 315.74 314.00 313.68
314.84 316.03 316.75
1961 316.73 317.54 318.38 319.31 320.42 319.61 318.42 316.63 314.83 315.16
315.94 316.85 317.49
1962 317.78 318.40 319.53 320.42 320.85 320.45 319.45 317.25 316.11 315.27
316.53 317.53 318.30
1963 318.58 318.92 319.70 321.22 322.08 321.31 319.58 317.61 316.05 315.83
316.91 318.20 318.83
1964 319.41 0 0 0 322.06 321.73 320.27 318.53 316.54 316.72
317.53 318.55 0
1965 319.27 320.28 320.73 321.97 322.00 321.71 321.05 318.71 317.66 317.14
318.70 319.25 319.87
1966 320.46 321.43 322.23 323.54 323.91 323.59 322.24 320.20 318.48 317.94
319.63 320.87 321.21
1967 322.17 322.34 322.88 324.25 324.83 323.93 322.38 320.76 319.10 319.24
320.56 321.80 322.02
1968 322.40 322.99 323.73 324.86 325.40 325.20 323.98 321.95 320.18 320.09
321.16 322.74 322.89
1969 323.83 324.27 325.47 326.50 327.21 326.54 325.72 323.50 322.22 321.62
322.69 323.95 324.46
1970 324.89 325.82 326.77 327.97 327.91 327.50 326.18 324.53 322.93 322.90
323.85 324.96 325.52
1971 326.01 326.51 327.01 327.62 328.76 328.40 327.20 325.27 323.20 323.40
324.63 325.85 326.16
1972 326.60 327.47 327.58 329.56 329.90 328.92 327.88 326.16 324.68 325.04
326.34 327.39 327.29
1973 328.37 329.40 330.14 331.33 332.31 331.90 330.70 329.15 327.35 327.02
327.99 328.48 329.51
1974 329.18 330.55 331.32 332.48 332.92 332.08 331.01 329.23 327.27 327.21
328.29 329.41 330.08
1975 330.23 331.25 331.87 333.14 333.80 333.43 331.73 329.90 328.40 328.17
329.32 330.59 330.99
1976 331.58 332.39 333.33 334.41 334.71 334.17 332.89 330.77 329.14 328.78
330.14 331.52 331.98
1977 332.75 333.24 334.53 335.90 336.57 336.10 334.76 332.59 331.42 330.98
332.24 333.68 333.73
1978 334.80 335.22 336.47 337.59 337.84 337.72 336.37 334.51 332.60 332.38
333.75 334.78 335.34
1979 336.05 336.59 337.79 338.71 339.30 339.12 337.56 335.92 333.75 333.70
335.12 336.56 336.68
1980 337.84 338.19 339.91 340.60 341.29 341.00 339.39 337.43 335.72 335.84
336.93 338.04 338.52
1981 339.06 340.30 341.21 342.33 342.74 342.08 340.32 338.26 336.52 336.68
338.19 339.44 339.76
1982 340.57 341.44 342.53 343.39 343.96 343.18 341.88 339.65 337.81 337.69
339.09 340.32 340.96
1983 341.20 342.35 342.93 344.77 345.58 345.14 343.81 342.21 339.69 339.82
340.98 342.82 342.61
1984 343.52 344.33 345.11 346.88 347.25 346.62 345.22 343.11 340.90 341.18
342.80 344.04 344.25
1985 344.79 345.82 347.25 348.17 348.74 348.07 346.38 344.51 342.92 342.62
344.06 345.38 345.73
1986 346.11 346.78 347.68 349.37 350.03 349.37 347.76 345.73 344.68 343.99
345.48 346.72 346.97
1987 347.84 348.29 349.23 350.80 351.66 351.07 349.33 347.92 346.27 346.18
347.64 348.78 348.75
1988 350.25 351.54 352.05 353.41 354.04 353.62 352.22 350.27 348.55 348.72
349.91 351.18 351.31
1989 352.60 352.92 353.53 355.26 355.52 354.97 353.75 351.52 349.64 349.83
351.14 352.37 352.75
1990 353.50 354.55 355.23 356.04 357.00 356.07 354.67 352.76 350.82 351.04
352.69 354.07 354.04
1991 354.59 355.63 357.03 358.48 359.22 358.12 356.06 353.92 352.05 352.11
353.64 354.89 355.48
1992 355.88 356.63 357.72 359.07 359.58 359.17 356.94 354.92 352.94 353.23
354.09 355.33 356.29
1993 356.63 357.10 358.32 359.41 360.23 359.55 357.53 355.48 353.67 353.95
355.30 356.78 356.99
1994 358.34 358.89 359.95 361.25 361.67 360.94 359.55 357.49 355.84 356.00
357.59 359.05 358.88
1995 359.98 361.03 361.66 363.48 363.82 363.30 361.93 359.49 358.08 357.77
359.57 360.69 360.90
1996 362.03 363.22 363.99 364.66 365.36 364.91 363.58 361.41 359.37 359.50
360.65 362.21 362.57

Vendicar Decarian

Jun 20, 2004, 2:33:29 PM6/20/04

"David Ball" <wra...@mb.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> It's even worse. The Sun newspaper chain is nothing more than
> a lot of right-wing tabloid rag. They've got a good sports section in
> their newspapers but don't bother reading them for any kind of
> in-depth analysis.

The Toronto Sun doesn't even have a page three girl any more. She's
relegated to the third page from the back, and most likely she's a dog.

I occasionally look through the Sun during lunch. Takes about 5 minutes
as the amount of news contained within is about 1 standard news page. the
remaining 50 pages or so are nothing but advertisements.

If you are looking for a used and slightly stained Footon, or need some
bird cage liners, then by all means steal a copy of the Sun.