Greenpeace Leader Admits Organization Put Out Fake Global Warming Data

tunderbar

Aug 20, 2009, 12:56:04 PM8/20/09
http://www.prisonplanet.com/greenpeace-leader-admits-organization-put-out-fake-global-warming-data.html

Greenpeace Leader Admits Organization Put Out Fake Global Warming
Data

BBC Interviewer calls claim that Arctic ice would disappear by 2030
“misleading information” and using “exaggeration and alarmism”

Greenpeace Leader Admits Organization Put Out Fake Global Warming Data
200809top

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Thursday, August 20, 2009

Greenpeace leader Gerd Leipold has been forced to admit that his
organization issued misleading and exaggerated information when it
claimed that Arctic ice would disappear completely by 2030, in a
crushing blow for the man-made global warming movement.

In an interview with the BBC’s Stephen Sackur on the “Hardtalk”
program, Leipold initially attempted to evade the question but was
ultimately forced to admit that Greenpeace had made a “mistake” when
it said Arctic ice would disappear completely in 20 years.

The claim stems from a July 15 Greenpeace press release entitled
“Urgent Action Needed As Arctic Ice Melts,” in which it is stated that
global warming will lead to an ice-free Arctic by 2030.

Sackur accused Leipold and Greenpeace of releasing “misleading
information” based on “exaggeration and alarmism,” pointing out that
it was “preposterous” to claim that the Greenland ice sheet, a mass of
1.6 million square kilometers with a thickness of 3 km in the middle
that has survived much warmer periods in history, would completely
melt when it had stood firm for hundreds of thousands of years.

“There is no way that ice sheet is going to disappear,” said Sackur.

“I don’t think it will be melting by 2030. … That may have been a
mistake,” Leipold was eventually forced to admit.

However, Leipold made no apologies for Greenpeace’s tactic of
“emotionalizing issues” as a means of trying to get the public to
accept its stance on global warming.

He also argued that economic growth in the United States and around
the world should be suppressed and that overpopulation and high
standards of living should be combated because of the perceived damage
they were doing to the environment, eugenicist rhetoric which will be
familiar to our readers and anyone who has watched Alex Jones’ Endgame
documentary.

(ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW)

Greenpeace Leader Admits Organization Put Out Fake Global Warming Data
150709banner2

As the Watts Up With That blog highlights, “Leipold’s admission that
Greenpeace issued misleading information is a major embarrassment to
the organization, which often has been accused of alarmism but has
always insisted that it applies full scientific rigor in its global-
warming pronouncements.”

Similar claims that the north pole will be “ice free” crop up almost
every summer yet are routinely disproved.

Indeed, it was discovered that during August 2007 to August 2008,
Arctic ice had in fact grown by around 30 per cent, an area equivalent
to the size of Germany.

A new peer reviewed study has also discovered, “Total annual
precipitation in Greenland ice sheet for 1958-2007 to be up to 24% and
surface mass balance up to 63% higher than previously thought.”

As we reported last year, climate scientists allied with the UN IPCC
were also caught citing fake data to make the case that global warming
is accelerating, in another shocking example of mass public deception.

In November 2008, NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS),
run by Al Gore’s chief scientific ally, Dr James Hansen, announced
that the previous month had been the hottest October on record. It
later emerged that the data produced by NASA to make the claim, and in
particular temperature records covering large areas of Russia, was
merely carried over from the previous month. NASA had used temperature
records from the naturally hotter month of September and claimed they
represented temperature figures in October.

Watch a clip from the Sackur- Leipold interview below.

Ouroboros Rex

Aug 20, 2009, 2:11:41 PM8/20/09

Catoni

Aug 20, 2009, 2:50:53 PM8/20/09
On Aug 20, 2:11 pm, "Ouroboros Rex" <i...@casual.com> wrote:
> tunderbar wrote:
> >http://www.prisonplanet.com/greenpeace-leader-admits-organization-put...
>
>   Nice lie article.  lol

And your proof that it is a lie........? We'll wait for it.

Zilch

Aug 20, 2009, 3:36:14 PM8/20/09

Odorous, I'm going to make a reply macro for this! lol

Ouroboros Rex

Aug 20, 2009, 3:41:46 PM8/20/09

"Indeed, it was discovered that during August 2007 to August 2008,

Arctic ice had in fact grown by around 30 per cent, an area equivalent
to the size of Germany."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/10/081002172436.htm

"ScienceDaily (Oct. 3, 2008) - Arctic sea ice extent during the 2008 melt
season dropped to the second-lowest level since satellite measurements began
in 1979, reaching the lowest point in its annual cycle of melt and growth on
Sept. 14, according to researchers at the University of Colorado at
Boulder's National Snow and Ice Data Center.

Preliminary data also indicate 2008 may represent the lowest volume of
Arctic sea ice on record, according to the researchers. The declining Arctic
sea ice is due to rising concentrations of greenhouse gases that have
elevated temperatures across the Arctic and strong natural variability in
Arctic sea ice, according to scientists."...

----------------------

A new peer reviewed study has also discovered, "Total annual
precipitation in Greenland ice sheet for 1958-2007 to be up to 24% and
surface mass balance up to 63% higher than previously thought."

http://www.nasa.gov/vision/earth/lookingatearth/greenland_slide.html

"Using a novel technique that reveals regional changes in the weight of the
massive ice sheet across the entire continent, scientists at NASA's Goddard
Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md., report that Greenland's low coastal
regions lost 155 gigatons (41 cubic miles) of ice per year between 2003 and
2005 from excess melting and icebergs, while the high-elevation interior
gained 54 gigatons (14 cubic miles) annually from excess snowfall.

"With this new analysis we observe dramatic ice mass losses concentrated in
the low-elevation coastal regions, with nearly half of the loss coming from
southeast Greenland," said lead author Scott Luthcke of NASA Goddard's
Planetary Geodynamics Laboratory. "In the 1990's the ice was very close to
balance with gains at about the same level as losses. That situation has now
changed significantly, with an annual net loss of ice equal to nearly six
years of average water flow from the Colorado River."...

Plenty more where that came from. lol

kdt...@earthlink.net

Aug 20, 2009, 4:23:59 PM8/20/09
On Aug 20, 2:36 pm, Zilch <No...@Acme.invalid> wrote:
> Ouroboros Rex wrote:
> > tunderbar wrote:
> >>http://www.prisonplanet.com/greenpeace-leader-admits-organization-put...

> >   Nice lie article.  lol
>
> Odorous, I'm going to make a reply macro for this! lol
>
> “I don’t think it will be melting by 2030. … That may have been a
> mistake,” Leipold was eventually forced to admit.

Someone should tell algore and his staryeyed followers that even if
the ice were melting, there is absolutely no amount of emission
reductions that could in any way mitigate this melting in time.

But it is just for the intellegentsia to rule our use of energy since
they are so damned worried about our welfare from our own cause of
global warming.

No point in expecting any actual mechanical analysis of a damn thing
they say. We should just watch the images from algore's movie of the
poor polar bears looking for ice, which is a point the British judge
also ruled algore to be in falsification from contemporary science.

Why does algore exclude the fact that the major glaciers of Greenland
melted back to the shore in the 30's when CO2 was just above 300ppm?
This is a good thing, since N Atlantic shipping does not have to worry
about the large icebergs from the calving of the glaciers such as sank
the Titanic.

Oh well, we should all just be thankful for algore and his wonderful
colllection of facts to lead us to our salvation from the melting of
the ice by IMMEDIATE strangulation from carbon fuels.

Algore is a rock star in China. AS A STANDUP COMEDIAN.

HAHAHAHAHhahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahaha
KD

tunderbar

Aug 20, 2009, 4:41:23 PM8/20/09
On Aug 20, 1:11 pm, "Ouroboros Rex" <i...@casual.com> wrote:
> tunderbar wrote:
> >http://www.prisonplanet.com/greenpeace-leader-admits-organization-put...
>
>   Nice lie article.  lol

However, Leipold made no apologies for Greenpeace’s tactic of

“emotionalizing issues” as a means of trying to get the public to
accept its stance on global warming.

Yep, the article was in fact a "lie article", in that it was about
lying. Greenpeace lying about arctic ice.

"Emotionalizing" is the new eco-euphemism for out and out lying.

So arseholesex, you actually are technically correct. But don't get
too proud, even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

James

Aug 20, 2009, 6:11:43 PM8/20/09

Now give us something credible.

Ouroboros Rex

Aug 20, 2009, 5:18:52 PM8/20/09

Poor James has missed his meds again. =)

Ouroboros Rex

Aug 20, 2009, 5:20:01 PM8/20/09

Catoni wrote:

> On Aug 20, 2:11 pm, "Ouroboros Rex" <i...@casual.com> wrote:
>> tunderbar wrote:
>>> http://www.prisonplanet.com/greenpeace-leader-admits-organization-put...
>>
>> Nice lie article. lol
>

> And your proof that it is a lie........? We'll wait for it.

"Indeed, it was discovered that during August 2007 to August 2008,

Arctic ice had in fact grown by around 30 per cent, an area equivalent
to the size of Germany."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/10/081002172436.htm

"ScienceDaily (Oct. 3, 2008) - Arctic sea ice extent during the 2008 melt
season dropped to the second-lowest level since satellite measurements began
in 1979, reaching the lowest point in its annual cycle of melt and growth on
Sept. 14, according to researchers at the University of Colorado at
Boulder's National Snow and Ice Data Center.

Preliminary data also indicate 2008 may represent the lowest volume of
Arctic sea ice on record, according to the researchers. The declining Arctic
sea ice is due to rising concentrations of greenhouse gases that have
elevated temperatures across the Arctic and strong natural variability in
Arctic sea ice, according to scientists."...

----------------------

A new peer reviewed study has also discovered, "Total annual

precipitation in Greenland ice sheet for 1958-2007 to be up to 24% and
surface mass balance up to 63% higher than previously thought."

http://www.nasa.gov/vision/earth/lookingatearth/greenland_slide.html

tunderbar

Aug 20, 2009, 5:28:02 PM8/20/09

Maybe if you type it in caps and repeat it a few more times. Louder
and oftener. It may just make the falsity of it disappear and be
replaced by truth.

Fran

Aug 20, 2009, 8:51:00 PM8/20/09

The claim stems from a July 15 Greenpeace press release entitled
“Urgent Action Needed As Arctic Ice Melts,” in which it is stated
that
global warming will lead to an ice-free Arctic by 2030.

[...]

Sackur accused Leipold and Greenpeace of releasing “misleading
information” based on “exaggeration and alarmism,” pointing out that
it was “preposterous” to claim that the Greenland ice sheet, a mass
of
1.6 million square kilometers with a thickness of 3 km in the middle
that has survived much warmer periods in history, would completely
melt when it had stood firm for hundreds of thousands of years.

The initial claim of an ice free Arctic by 2030 is not something
anyone who is familiar with this field would claim. I assumed that it
was sloppy control over their PR bumpf, and that what they'd actually
meant to claim was that by 2030 the Arctic Sea would be free of ice
sheets in summer, which is quite likely.

If the Greenland Ice Sheet did totally phase change there would be sea
level rises of at least 65 metres, and nobody roughly connected with
the IPCC asserts that is happening anytime in the foreseeable future.

This is an embarassment to Greenpeace as carelessness always is, but
it wasn't lying

Fran

John M.

Aug 21, 2009, 3:07:44 AM8/21/09
On Aug 21, 2:51 am, Fran <fran.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>

> The initial claim of an ice free Arctic by 2030 is not something
> anyone who is familiar with this field would claim. I assumed that it
> was sloppy control over their PR bumpf, and that what they'd actually
> meant to claim was that by 2030 the Arctic Sea would be free of ice
> sheets in summer, which is quite likely.
>
> If the Greenland Ice Sheet did totally phase change there would be sea
> level rises of at least 65 metres, and nobody roughly connected with
> the IPCC asserts that is happening anytime in the foreseeable future.
>
> This is an embarassment to Greenpeace as carelessness always is, but
> it wasn't lying

That would seem to be the case, as the Greenland ice sheet will need
several hundred years to melt at present global temperatures, even if
no snow falls on it meanwhile. The extrapolation of sea-ice data,
however, would lead even the most casual observer to suspect an ice
free North Pole some September in the next 20 - 30 years.

Ouroboros Rex

Aug 21, 2009, 11:59:30 AM8/21/09

As usual, tundy just makes some shit up. lol

tunderbar

Aug 21, 2009, 12:03:45 PM8/21/09

"Greenpeace leader Gerd Leipold has been forced to admit that his

organization issued misleading and exaggerated information when it

claimed that Arctic ice would disappear completely by 2030...."

Ouroboros Rex

Aug 21, 2009, 12:12:52 PM8/21/09

erschro...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2009, 4:23:02 PM8/22/09

They were quoting NOAA, which was talking about Arctic sea ice. Most
people understand that's what you mean by "Arctic ice", not Greenland
ice.