Expert Shines The (sun)Spotlight On Global Warming

obzno

Jan 19, 2009, 11:33:21 PM1/19/09

Fran Gillespie

SO you thought that global warming is the result of pollution being pumped
into the earth's atmosphere? Think again, says Dr Mark Rose of Qatar
Petroleum. Pollution has got nothing at all to do with global warming, it's
all because of sunspots.

Dr Rose, who has been Head of Environmental Quality at QP for the last three
years, was addressing a packed audience at the January meeting of the Qatar
Natural History Group.

For the last decade or so, he explained, it has been widely accepted that
the use of fossil fuels has increased the level of carbon dioxide in the
atmosphere. This view is promoted by the media as an unarguable truth, and
almost any natural disaster nowadays is unhesitatingly blamed on global
warming resulting from man's indifference to his environment. Anyone who
thinks otherwise, says Dr Rose, is urged to keep quiet and he/she will meet
with considerable reluctance on the part of reputable scientific journals to
publish alternative theories.

We have all been told again and again that the greenhouse gas properties of
carbon dioxide have caused a warming of the earth, and that if significant
reductions of carbon dioxide are not realised soon then the planet will warm
up to the extent of melting the polar ice caps.

But such alarming scenarios result from modelling undertaken by the UN's
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which repeatedly warns of
the dire quandary facing the human race. These gloomy prognostications led
to the Kyoto treaty of 1997, where the Western industrialised nations agreed
to reduce their carbon emissions.

But this human-centred view of changes in the earth's environment, said Dr
Rose, is challenged by many scientists, who argue that climate is, and
always will be, controlled by the sun. Man's puny efforts at changing the
climate is a mere sideshow compared with the unimaginably vast changes in
the sun's solar output. Water vapour, not carbon dioxide, is the major
driving force in climate change.

Dr Rose demonstrated that considerable variations in European climate have
taken place in comparatively recent historical times. In a warm early
medieval period the Vikings ventured far and wide, established a colony in
Greenland and grew corn on what is now Arctic tundra.

This period coincided with a burst of activity on the sun's surface, known
as sunspots, when localised intense magnetic activity results in huge solar
flares.

But when after a few hundred years, the climate suddenly cooled, the
stranded Greenlanders starved to death, unable, unlike the Inuit people, to
adapt to the cold. This was the period when in London winter fairs were held
on the frozen River Thames, and the last of these took place in 1814.

Sunspot activity goes in traceable and predictable cycles, said the speaker,
and these always coincide with fluctuations in the earth's climate. During
the last 50 years sunspots have been unusually active, and this has
coincided with global warming.

Dr Rose faced many questions from his attentive audience after his
interesting presentation of an alternative theory on the causes of global
warming.

If it is true, does it mean that we can all stop worrying about polluting
the earth's atmosphere? Of course not, said Dr Rose, pollution is
increasingly harmful to the health of all living creatures, not just humans.

But blaming it for global warming is another matter altogether.

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/article.asp?cu_no=2&item_no=265524&version=1&template_id=36&parent_id=16

Warmest Regards

Bonzo

Fran

Jan 20, 2009, 12:06:17 AM1/20/09
On Jan 20, 3:33 pm, "obzno" <ob...@l.com> wrote:
> Fran Gillespie

> SO you thought that global warming is the result of pollution being pumped
> into the earth's atmosphere? Think again, says Dr Mark Rose of Qatar
> Petroleum. Pollution has got nothing at all to do with global warming, it's
> all because of sunspots.
>
> Dr Rose, who has been Head of Environmental Quality at QP for the last three
> years, was ...

expanding QP's range of products to include snake oil.

Fran

Mitchell Holman

Jan 20, 2009, 12:57:18 AM1/20/09
"obzno" <ob...@l.com> wrote in news:4975540e$1...@dnews.tpgi.com.au:

> Fran Gillespie

> SO you thought that global warming is the result of pollution being
> pumped into the earth's atmosphere? Think again, says Dr Mark Rose of
> Qatar Petroleum. Pollution has got nothing at all to do with global
> warming, it's all because of sunspots.
>
> Dr Rose, who has been Head of Environmental Quality at QP

I bet you believed all those "doctors" at the tobacco
companies who said there was no health risk from smoking
as well, right?

obzno

Jan 20, 2009, 1:02:00 AM1/20/09

"Mitchell Holman" <Noe...@comcast.com> wrote in message

I believe the doctors that said SECOND HAND SMOKING does not cause cancer.
There might be a health risk, but no cancer.
Is that what you were talking about?

Warmest Regards

Bonzo

Trevor Wilson

Jan 20, 2009, 3:11:34 AM1/20/09

"obzno" <ob...@l.com> wrote in message news:497568d6$1...@dnews.tpgi.com.au...

> "Mitchell Holman" <Noe...@comcast.com> wrote in message
>> "obzno" <ob...@l.com> wrote in news:4975540e$1...@dnews.tpgi.com.au:
>>

>>> Fran Gillespie

>>> SO you thought that global warming is the result of pollution being
>>> pumped into the earth's atmosphere? Think again, says Dr Mark Rose of
>>> Qatar Petroleum. Pollution has got nothing at all to do with global
>>> warming, it's all because of sunspots.
>>>
>>> Dr Rose, who has been Head of Environmental Quality at QP
>>

>> I bet you believed all those "doctors" at the tobacco
>> companies who said there was no health risk from smoking
>> as well, right?
>>

> I believe the doctors that said SECOND HAND SMOKING does not cause cancer.

**No, you idiot. The tobacco companies paid doctors to state that tobacco
was harmless. Right up until the time that the US Surgeon General blew those
claims out of the water. The doctors went to ground.

> There might be a health risk, but no cancer.

**Really? Wanna present your proof?

> Is that what you were talking about?

**Let's see your proof that second hand smoke does not cause cancer. Cite
all the placebo studies you need to.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

chemist

Jan 20, 2009, 5:29:36 AM1/20/09
On Jan 20, 8:11 am, "Trevor Wilson"
<trevor@_SPAMBLOCK_rageaudio.com.au> wrote:
> "obzno" <ob...@l.com> wrote in messagenews:497568d6$1...@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
>
> > "Mitchell Holman" <Noem...@comcast.com> wrote in message

> >>   I bet you believed all those "doctors" at the tobacco
> >> companies who said there was no health risk from smoking
> >> as well, right?
>
> > I believe the doctors that said SECOND HAND SMOKING does not cause cancer.
>
> **No, you idiot. The tobacco companies paid doctors to state that tobacco
> was harmless. Right up until the time that the US Surgeon General blew those
> claims out of the water. The doctors went to ground.
>
> > There might be a health risk, but no cancer.
>
> **Really? Wanna present your proof?
>
> > Is that what you were talking about?
>
> **Let's see your proof that second hand smoke does not cause cancer. Cite
> all the placebo studies you need to.
>
> --
> Trevor Wilsonwww.rageaudio.com.au

I have always believed that smoking causes
cancer . I believed that CO2 caused GW
until I investigated the "science" behind it.

They deny that the CO2 in the 1930s was
as high as the 1990s even though 1000's
of determinations by reputable scientists
indicate that it was.

To cover themselves they moved data from
Ice Cores 83 years forward so it no longer
confirmed this fact.

They produce papers to explain a cooling
Antarctic blaming on the Ozone hole
yet the hole allows more solar energy through.

They claim that CO2 is destroying Ocean
life yet the parts of the ocean that are the
richest in CO2 are the most fertile.

The pretend they can foretell the future
using climate models that must fail due to
the Chaos Theory.

Most of the mechanisms proposed for AGW
would make a perpetual motion machine
workable.

AGW is the biggest scam ever perpetrated
on mankind

DeadFrog

Jan 20, 2009, 4:02:57 PM1/20/09

"chemist" <tom-b...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

You really have dropped off the edge this time.