The Art Of Hypocrisy

Bonzo

Nov 9, 2007, 9:48:50 PM11/9/07

November 09, 2007 12:00am

THE telling thing about the global warming faith is that it's preached

almost entirely by hypocrites. As you're about to see in tropical

technicolour next month.

You see, more often than not a global warming prophet is a frequent
flyer

who's just stepped out of business class to demand you cut the very
gases

he's just blasted out the back of his jet.

Or her jet, of course. I'm thinking here of Laurie David, a producer of
Al

Gore's An Inconvenient Truth, the indoctrination tape for the warming

faithful which demands we Use Less to save the world from choking on our

filthy emissions.

As it turned out, Use Less David was not quite so eager to Use Less
herself,

confessing: "Yes, I take a private plane on holiday a couple of times a

year."

But she had the proper attitude: "I feel horribly guilty about it."

And since global warming is more about how you feel than what you'll do,

that made it all right.

Until this week I thought David - or Gore, who uses more electricity
each

month in just one of his three homes than the average American family
uses

in a year - couldn't be beaten for the title of Grand Hypocrite of the

Warming Faith.

Until this week they'd beaten off even the most shameless of
challengers,

including Google co-founder Sergey Brin, who attends celebrity global

warming conferences to debate ways to make suburban types dim their
lights,

despite having a wide-body Boeing 767-200 for his private plane.

Australia's finest warming worriers also failed to topple Gore and
David,

despite a great late effort by Dr Karl Kruszelnicki, the ABC's celebrity

science spruiker now campaigning for the Climate Change Coalition.

Kruszelnicki's coalition demands we "introduce energy efficiency
standards

for motor vehicles", yet Dr Karl chooses to drive a V8 Holden Monaro -
but

only on the freeway, he insists.

And no doubt he also feels properly guilty, so that's all right, too.

Mind you, our Alarmist of the Year, Tim Flannery, did come close for his

consistent record of demanding we cut the emissions that "can threaten

civilisation as we know it", while showing few signs of cutting his

extravagant own.

His more recent - and best - effort has been to release yet another

doom-preaching book (sales please!) in which he describes his eager
travels

by jet to conferences, treks and luxury resorts on tropical islands.

Some extracts: "I left Europe to return home via Africa. A mate had
started

an ecotourism venture in Kenya and had asked me to come along on a
14-day

safari ... my next trip was to Necker Island in the Caribbean.

"The place is a tropical paradise and we stayed in a pavilion perched
above

a reef ... I left Necker Island for Borneo ... I'd promised to lead a
group

on a trek up Mount Kinabalu in Sabah."

And so on, with Flannery criss-crossing our skies with contrails, while

sitting in business class composing yet another speech demanding we cut
what

he's busily belching. Or else.

What is it with global warming prophets and jets? And luxury? And
tropical

islands?

I ask because what Flannery is doing on his luxurious lonesome, entire

jet-loads of global warming activists are about to do in a gluttonous

mass-orgy - the most spectacular demonstration of warming hypocrisy yet

seen.

The gold medal performance.

I'm talking about the United Nations' Climate Change Conference 2007, to
be

held next month at Bali's luxury tourism precinct of Nusa Dua.

How wonderful it will be there in balmy Bali - with its beaches, its

shopping, its tennis courts, its golf courses, its balmy weather, its

five-star service and its high-minded chatter about how to make people
back

home go without for the sake of the planet.

No wonder the conference has been extended to last a leisurely
fortnight.

Even better for UN staff, they may travel to Bali in business class,
where

no doubt they'll bump into many other delegates off for a little

pre-Christmas conference cheer, courtesy, in most cases, of taxpayers.

Now guess how many people are jetting to this Balinese paradise to
demand we

cut our emissions?

Let me quote a newspaper report in which Indonesian Environment Minister

Rachmat Witoelar gives the startling numbers: "He said 189 countries to
be

represented by some 10,000 delegates and 2500 foreign journalists had

officially registered to take part."

That's right, 12,500.

To fly to a conference that will cost more than $70 million to stage.

I can hear the oinking from here. This gathering of jet-set hypocrites
is

guaranteed not to cut emissions, but increase them, Al Gore-style.

In fact, I've worked it out on the Climate Care emissions calculator:
just

flying all those people to the conference and back will send around
30,000

tonnes of carbon dioxide into the air.

That's more than the greenhouse gases that 7000 family cars typically
emit

in an entire year.

You'd think these warming alarmists would set an example by staying at
home

and, say, video-conferencing instead.

If they really believed our gases were killing the planet, that is.

Al Gore could even have arranged something for them, being a director of

Apple.

But the new green faith was always for the privileged to enjoy, and the

masses to endure, wasn't it?

Hypocrisy is too small a word for so monstrous a circus.

If it wasn't for the fact the planet actually hasn't warmed for nine
years

now, I'd cry.
--

Get The Facts At
http://www.junkscience.com/Greenhouse/index.html

Excellent Links At
http://www.warwickhughes.com/

Regards
Bonzo

"If the atmosphere was a 100 story building, our annual anthropogenic
CO2
contribution today would be equivalent to the linoleum on the first
floor"
D'Aleo

"...and I think future generations are not going to blame us for
anything except for being silly, for letting a few tenths of a degree
panic us"
Dr. Richard Lindzen, Professor of Meteorology MIT and Member of the
National Academy of Sciences

"What most commentators-and many scientists-seem to miss is that the
only thing we can say with certainly about climate is that it changes"
Dr. Richard Lindzen

[most of the current alarm over climate change is based on] "inherently
untrustworthy climate models, similar to those that cannot accurately
forecast the weather a week from now." Dr. Richard Lindzen