American Tradition Institute targets UVA server for Michael Mann climate documents

James

Jan 7, 2011, 10:31:48 PM1/7/11
American Tradition Institute targets UVA server for Michael Mann climate
documents
by Chiara Canzi, January 7th 11:58am
Yestarday, the American Tradition Institute (ATI), a nonprofit public
policy organization, filed a Freedom of Information Act request for the
University of Virginia to release global warming-related documents
pertaining to former faculty member Michael Mann. The request follows
multiple civil investigative demands by Virginia Attorney General Ken
Cuccinelli for grant documents tied to Mann, a climate scientist who was
involved in the much publicized "climate-gate."

http://tinyurl.com/2wruflw

Roger Coppock

Jan 8, 2011, 12:39:04 AM1/8/11
On Jan 7, 7:31 pm, "James" <kingko...@iglou.com> wrote:
> American Tradition Institute targets UVA server for Michael Mann climate
> documents
> by Chiara Canzi, January 7th 11:58am
> Yestarday, the American Tradition Institute (ATI), a nonprofit public

Also known as Western Tradition Institute, apparently. Both
organizations seem to have appeared less than a year ago.
Google News has no listing for them except for this article
and a speech Paul Chesser in December last year. Paul
Chesser has links to the Heartland Institute, which recently
has created several front organizations to hide their Tobacco
lobbyist past.

http://www.desmogblog.com/paul-chesser
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Paul_Chesser

Max

Jan 8, 2011, 6:09:07 AM1/8/11

"Roger Coppock" <rcop...@adnc.com> wrote in message

> On Jan 7, 7:31 pm, "James" <kingko...@iglou.com> wrote:
> > American Tradition Institute targets UVA server for Michael Mann climate
> > documents
> > by Chiara Canzi, January 7th 11:58am
> > Yestarday, the American Tradition Institute (ATI), a nonprofit public
>
> Also known as Western Tradition Institute, apparently. Both
> organizations seem to have appeared less than a year ago.
> Google News has no listing for them except for this article
> and a speech Paul Chesser in December last year. Paul
> Chesser has links to the Heartland Institute, which recently
> has created several front organizations to hide their Tobacco
> lobbyist past.
>
> http://www.desmogblog.com/paul-chesser
> http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Paul_Chesser

Thanks Roger, for tracking checking on this American Tradition Institute.
Even more interesting is if you read the actual FIOA that they filed :
http://cei.org/outreach-legal-briefs/university-virginia-freedom-information-act-request

And, surprise, surprise. It the good old Competitive Enterprise Institute !
They are on a role filing FOIAs left and right and last year they threatened
to sue NASA if they would not comply with their FOIA requests.

It looks like they now target the UVa.
They ask for an immense amount of emails and 'related' data.

It's kind of interesting to see what comes out of this.
If they get their way, then I don't see any obstacles for the general public
to get a hold of pretty much any email that is exchanged between any
scientist that is paid by the government.

For example, we could file a FOIA on Dr.Lindzen or Pat Michaels or
Dr.Spencer or Wegman and obtain any email they ever wrote that contains the
word "climate" or "we need to emphasize uncertainty" or "ignore" or "change
the meaning of scientific results" or "how to deceive the US congress".....

Max

Max

Jan 8, 2011, 6:29:49 AM1/8/11

"Max" <nob...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Oops. That was CEI's FOIA request (incidentally also by Chris Horner) from
May 2010.
The actual FOIA requests (there were two) are at the PDF links at the bottom
of this page :
http://www.atinstitute.org/blog_post/show/58

I do not envy the UVa FOIA administrators. What an absurt amount of demands.

Max

Desertphile

Jan 8, 2011, 1:45:25 PM1/8/11
On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 22:31:48 -0500, "James" <king...@iglou.com>
wrote:

> Cuccinelli for grant documents tied to Mann, a climate scientist who was
> involved in the much publicized "climate-gate."

"Climategate" never happened.

--
http://desertphile.org
"Why aren't resurrections from the dead noteworthy?" -- Jim Rutz

Roger Coppock

Jan 8, 2011, 2:06:02 PM1/8/11
On Jan 8, 10:45 am, Desertphile <desertph...@invalid-address.net>
wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 22:31:48 -0500, "James" <kingko...@iglou.com>

> wrote:
>
> > Cuccinelli for grant documents tied to Mann, a climate scientist who was
> > involved in the much publicized "climate-gate."
>
> "Climategate" never happened.

Yes, "Climategate" exists only in a fossil fool fantasy land, where
the spin doctors can misquote and quote out of context.

I'm wondering if these FOIA requests from this front group are
searches for more grist for the mills. Maybe, they're looking for
material to fabricate an American "Climategate."

> --http://desertphile.org

george

Jan 8, 2011, 2:15:43 PM1/8/11
On Jan 9, 8:06 am, Roger Coppock <rcopp...@adnc.com> wrote:

> Yes, "Climategate" exists only in a fossil fool fantasy land, where
> the spin doctors can misquote and quote out of context.

http://www.climate-gate.org/
You enjoy being wrong ?

Tom P

Jan 8, 2011, 6:03:09 PM1/8/11

Certainly a long tradition in Republican politics. Now, if only I could
remember that guy's name back in the 1950's, Mac something, not Mac
Donald, something similar, not D, something else ....

James

Jan 8, 2011, 7:46:21 PM1/8/11
> On Jan 7, 7:31 pm, "James" <kingko...@iglou.com> wrote:
>> American Tradition Institute targets UVA server for Michael Mann
>> climate documents
>> by Chiara Canzi, January 7th 11:58am
>> Yestarday, the American Tradition Institute (ATI), a nonprofit public
>
> Also known as Western Tradition Institute, apparently. Both
> organizations seem to have appeared less than a year ago.
> Google News has no listing for them except for this article
> and a speech Paul Chesser in December last year. Paul
> Chesser has links to the Heartland Institute, which recently
> has created several front organizations to hide their Tobacco
> lobbyist past.

Give it a rest Roger. Geez.

Desertphile

Jan 8, 2011, 8:11:09 PM1/8/11
On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 11:06:02 -0800 (PST), Roger Coppock
<rcop...@adnc.com> wrote:

> On Jan 8, 10:45 am, Desertphile <desertph...@invalid-address.net>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 22:31:48 -0500, "James" <kingko...@iglou.com>
> > wrote:

> > > Cuccinelli for grant documents tied to Mann, a climate scientist who was
> > > involved in the much publicized "climate-gate."

> > "Climategate" never happened.

> Yes, "Climategate" exists only in a fossil fool fantasy land, where
> the spin doctors can misquote and quote out of context.
>
> I'm wondering if these FOIA requests from this front group are
> searches for more grist for the mills. Maybe, they're looking for
> material to fabricate an American "Climategate."

The FOIA demands appear to be from the same people, who have
already received the publically-owned data. The intent is to
harass and persecute Dr. Mann by demanding private information
about him, such as his private email and private letters, under
the pretense of acquiring public data. As UVA stated several dozen
times, the demanded information does not fall within the FOIA.

Meanwhile, the "permafrost" is no longer "perma," around 20
glaciers out of over 600 have been melting at various and
sometimes an astonishingly fast rate and not reforming in winters,
the western edge of the Antarctic has been melting and reforming
at higher altitude.... and the anti-science cult's only solution
to the problem is to harass Dr. Mann.

Desertphile

Jan 8, 2011, 8:11:58 PM1/8/11
On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 11:15:43 -0800 (PST), george <gbl...@hnpl.net>
wrote:

http://www.ufocasebook.com/alienabductions.html

Meanwhile, there is zero evidence "climategate" happened.

Desertphile

Jan 8, 2011, 8:13:28 PM1/8/11
On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 00:03:09 +0100, Tom P <wero...@freent.dd>
wrote:

Are you know, or have you ever been, a member of the scientific
community? Failure to answer will result in your arrest.

Desertphile

Jan 9, 2011, 2:27:12 PM1/9/11
On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 19:46:21 -0500, "James" <king...@iglou.com>
wrote:

Do you have any evidence that shows the CRU scientists did
anything wrong? If so, step forward and produce that evidence.
What the bloody anal fuck are you waiting for?! FOX "News" tried
desperately to find such evidence and they could not; tens of
thousands of people combed through the available data and they
couldn't find any such evidence either. STEP FORWARD AND SHARE
YOUR DISCOVERY. What the hell are you waiting for?! Start here:
http://www.ametsoc.org/pubs/journals/jcli/

James

Jan 9, 2011, 8:35:38 PM1/9/11
"Desertphile" <deser...@invalid-address.net> wrote in message

Off topic again. Tsk

tunderbar

Jan 9, 2011, 10:13:42 PM1/9/11
On Jan 9, 1:27 pm, Desertphile <desertph...@invalid-address.net>
wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 19:46:21 -0500, "James" <kingko...@iglou.com>
> wrote:
>

> > "Roger Coppock" <rcopp...@adnc.com> wrote in message

> > > Also known as Western Tradition Institute, apparently.  Both
> > > organizations seem to have appeared less than a year ago.
> > > Google News has no listing for them except for this article
> > > and a speech Paul Chesser in December last year.  Paul
> > > Chesser has links to the Heartland Institute, which recently
> > > has created several front organizations to hide their Tobacco
> > > lobbyist past.
> > Give it a rest Roger. Geez.
>
> Do you have any evidence that shows the CRU scientists did
> anything wrong? If so, step forward and produce that evidence.

google "climategate". LOL.

> What the bloody anal fuck are you waiting for?! FOX "News" tried
> desperately to find such evidence and they could not; tens of
> thousands of people combed through the available data and they
> couldn't find any such evidence either. STEP FORWARD AND SHARE
> YOUR DISCOVERY. What the hell are you waiting for?! Start here:http://www.ametsoc.org/pubs/journals/jcli/
>

> --http://desertphile.org

tunderbar

Jan 9, 2011, 10:14:12 PM1/9/11
On Jan 8, 12:45 pm, Desertphile <desertph...@invalid-address.net>
wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 22:31:48 -0500, "James" <kingko...@iglou.com>

> wrote:
>
> > Cuccinelli for grant documents tied to Mann, a climate scientist who was
> > involved in the much publicized "climate-gate."
>
> "Climategate" never happened.
>
> --http://desertphile.org

> Desertphile's Desert Soliloquy. WARNING: view with plenty of water
> "Why aren't resurrections from the dead noteworthy?" -- Jim Rutz

Denier. LOL.

George

Jan 9, 2011, 10:58:53 PM1/9/11
On Jan 10, 8:27 am, Desertphile <desertph...@invalid-address.net>
wrote:

> Do you have any evidence that shows the CRU scientists did
> anything wrong? If so, step forward and produce that evidence.

http://www.climate-gate.org/

gordo

Jan 10, 2011, 12:34:30 AM1/10/11
On Sun, 9 Jan 2011 19:58:53 -0800 (PST), George <gbl...@hnpl.net>
wrote:

He asked if you had evidence which means do you have evidence.It does
not mean go to a denier blog devoted to unscientific garbage.Now show
your evidence please.

Desertphile

Jan 10, 2011, 12:30:05 PM1/10/11
On Sun, 9 Jan 2011 19:13:42 -0800 (PST), tunderbar
<tdco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 9, 1:27 pm, Desertphile <desertph...@invalid-address.net>
> wrote:
> > On Sat, 8 Jan 2011 19:46:21 -0500, "James" <kingko...@iglou.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> > > "Roger Coppock" <rcopp...@adnc.com> wrote in message

> > > Give it a rest Roger. Geez.
> >
> > Do you have any evidence that shows the CRU scientists did
> > anything wrong? If so, step forward and produce that evidence.

> google "climategate". LOL.

google "space alien abduction." LOL.

Desertphile

Jan 10, 2011, 12:30:17 PM1/10/11
On Sun, 9 Jan 2011 19:14:12 -0800 (PST), tunderbar
<tdco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 8, 12:45 pm, Desertphile <desertph...@invalid-address.net>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 22:31:48 -0500, "James" <kingko...@iglou.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Cuccinelli for grant documents tied to Mann, a climate scientist who was
> > > involved in the much publicized "climate-gate."
> >
> > "Climategate" never happened.

> Denier. LOL.

Do you have any evidence that shows the CRU scientists did
anything wrong? If so, step forward and produce that evidence.

What the bloody anal fuck are you waiting for?! FOX "News" tried
desperately to find such evidence and they could not; tens of
thousands of people combed through the available data and they
couldn't find any such evidence either. STEP FORWARD AND SHARE
YOUR DISCOVERY. What the hell are you waiting for?! Start here:
http://www.ametsoc.org/pubs/journals/jcli/

Desertphile

Jan 10, 2011, 12:30:39 PM1/10/11
wrote:

> On Jan 10, 8:27 am, Desertphile <desertph...@invalid-address.net>
> wrote:

> http://www.climate-gate.org/

http://www.ufo-abduction.org/

James

Jan 10, 2011, 1:24:19 PM1/10/11
"Desertphile" <deser...@invalid-address.net> wrote in message

Get a grip desertpile. You are out of control.

James

Jan 10, 2011, 3:15:40 PM1/10/11
> On Sun, 9 Jan 2011 19:14:12 -0800 (PST), tunderbar
> <tdco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jan 8, 12:45 pm, Desertphile <desertph...@invalid-address.net>
>> wrote:

>>> "Climategate" never happened.
>
>> Denier. LOL.
>
> Do you have any evidence that shows the CRU scientists did
> anything wrong? If so, step forward and produce that evidence.
> What the bloody anal fuck are you waiting for?! FOX "News" tried
> desperately to find such evidence and they could not; tens of
> thousands of people combed through the available data and they
> couldn't find any such evidence either. STEP FORWARD AND SHARE
> YOUR DISCOVERY. What the hell are you waiting for?! Start here:
> http://www.ametsoc.org/pubs/journals/jcli/

Hysterics won't help. You are fast becoming irrelevant to the NG.

Desertphile

Jan 10, 2011, 4:47:03 PM1/10/11
On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 15:15:40 -0500, "James" <king...@iglou.com>
wrote:

> Hysterics won't help.

Yeah, nobody said otherwise. Got any evidence the CRU did anything
wrong?

Desertphile

Jan 10, 2011, 4:47:15 PM1/10/11
On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 13:24:19 -0500, "James" <king...@iglou.com>
wrote:

> "Desertphile" <deser...@invalid-address.net> wrote in message

What the bloody anal fuck are you waiting for?! FOX "News" tried
desperately to find such evidence and they could not; tens of
thousands of people combed through the available data and they
couldn't find any such evidence either. STEP FORWARD AND SHARE
YOUR DISCOVERY. What the hell are you waiting for?! Start here:
http://www.ametsoc.org/pubs/journals/jcli/

Giga2

Jan 11, 2011, 10:51:47 AM1/11/11

"James" <king...@iglou.com> wrote in message
> Hysterics won't help. You are fast becoming irrelevant to the NG.

I'm starting to wonder if the debate is really over now? It's starting to
really feel that way from my pov. Have the AGWers got a leg to stand on at
all scientifically any more?