Chief Justice John Marshall Family

Matt Barry

May 22, 2006, 9:38:13 PM5/22/06
I'm seeking any web resources on any ongoing genealogy projects for the
descendents of Chief Justice John Marshall. I'm interested in hearing
from any other members of the family or any genealogy projects/family
tree currently underway.

Matt Barry

the_ver...@comcast.net

May 22, 2006, 11:45:31 PM5/22/06

Did he even have descendants? His wife, Mary Ambler, became an invalid
shortly after their marriage.

--
The Verminator

Hugh Watkins

May 23, 2006, 2:42:41 AM5/23/06
Matt Barry wrote:

who is he?

dates and places ?

do you know how to gogle?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Marshall

have you read some books?

John Marshall (September 24, 1755 – July 6, 1835)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=John+Marshall+%28September+24%2C+1755+%E2%80%93+July+6%2C+1835%29+&btnG=Google+Search

genealogy John Marshall 1755 1835

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=genealogy+John+Marshall++1755+++1835&btnG=Search

http://wc.rootsweb.com/

Results 1-20 of 17934

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?gsfn=john+&gsln=marshall&sx=&gsco=1&gspl=1%2c+&year=1755&yearend=1835&sbo=0&rank=0&prox=1&db=&ti=0&ti.si=0&gl=allgs&gss=ansmp&gst=&so=1&o_iid=21416&o_lid=21416&o_it=23664

http://www.ancestry.com/learn/facts/fact.aspx?ln=marshall&fid=7

http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?father=&given=john+&surname=marshall&mother=&stype=Exact&spouse=&byear=1755&brange=&bplace=&myear=&mrange=&mplace=&dyear=1835&drange=&dplace=&language=en&op=search&db=&ti=0&ti.si=0&gl=&gss=mp-awt&gst=&rank=1&so=3

http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi

Results 1-20 of 212

Name Birth/Christening Death/Burial Database Order
record? Other
Matches
Date Place Date Place

Marshall, (Chief Justice) John 24 SEP 1755 near Germantown, Fauquier
Co., Va 6 JUL 1835 Philadelphia, Pa

download some gedcom
put birth place oak hill
http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=fox2&id=I037357
http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=DESC&db=fox2&id=I037357

try some of the other trees

for descendants

ancestry world tree will be useful but it is a subscription site

Hugh W

Tara

May 23, 2006, 9:34:49 AM5/23/06
"Hugh Watkins" <hugh.w...@gmail.com> wrote in message

<snip>

> for descendants

> ancestry world tree will be useful but it is a subscription site

> Hugh W

I've seen this said several times lately and it's just not true. I can get
AWT results on my computer when I'm not logged into my account and several
times a month, I help a neighbor who is learning the basics of online
genealogy and I can always get AWT results on her computer and she's never
had an Ancestry account.

There seem to be about 155 trees in AWT that contain the correct John
Marshall. I have no idea how accurate they are but they might be good enough
to put the OP in touch with other serious researchers. Of the 7-8 trees I
looked at, several showed up to 9 children, so there should be plenty of
descendants out there to be found.

--
Tara Larkin
Remove NO SPAM to reply by email.

Hugh Watkins

May 23, 2006, 2:12:31 PM5/23/06
Tara wrote:

Ancestry World Tree hosts nearly 400 million names in family trees
submitted by community members.
Search Ancestry World Tree

OK thanks for the update
I see that it is the One World Tree whivch is locked

Hugh W

Matt Barry

May 27, 2006, 6:15:03 PM5/27/06

Yes, I am a descendent myself. John Marshall and Mary Ambler had six
children. I'm interested in trying to contact other descendents or to
see if there were any definitive genealogy projects being undertaken.

Matt