alt.geek is safe...

Scott Torres

Dec 14, 2000, 4:10:07 PM12/14/00
I was sitting here reading slashdot and a.g, while eating my heart
attack in a bag from McDonald's, when I realized that we do not need to
worry about becoming "the in place to be". Slashdot already holds that
distinction, and it is a very public forum. Here we are in our small
corner of the web, laughing and mocking the unenlighted fools who are
never to be enlightened fools like us.

--
~ Scott

But Mommy, my chad hurts!

ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen peepers!

Das machine control is nicht fur gerfinger-poken und
mittengrabben. Oderwise is easy schnappen der springenwerk,
blowen fuse, und poppencorken mit spitzensparken.
Der machine is diggen by experten only. Is nicht fur geverken
by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseenen keepen das
cotten picken hands in das pockets, so relaxen und watchen das
blinkenlights.

Lord [INSERT NAME HERE]

Dec 14, 2000, 3:40:29 PM12/14/00
Scott Torres wrote:

> I was sitting here reading slashdot and a.g, while eating my heart
> attack in a bag from McDonald's, when I realized that we do not need to
> worry about becoming "the in place to be". Slashdot already holds that
> distinction, and it is a very public forum. Here we are in our small
> corner of the web, laughing and mocking the unenlighted fools who are
> never to be enlightened fools like us.

The web? ::punch::

--
Lord [INSERT NAME HERE]
"Read a book about the self / Said I should get expensive help / Go fix

This has been an emergent property of the System. Goodnight.

Scott Torres

Dec 14, 2000, 6:08:31 PM12/14/00

"Lord [INSERT NAME HERE]" wrote:

> Scott Torres wrote:
> >
> > I was sitting here reading slashdot and a.g, while eating my heart
> > attack in a bag from McDonald's, when I realized that we do not need to
> > worry about becoming "the in place to be". Slashdot already holds that
> > distinction, and it is a very public forum. Here we are in our small
> > corner of the web, laughing and mocking the unenlighted fools who are
> > never to be enlightened fools like us.
>
> The web? ::punch::

I understand that my choice of words in this matter may have been in error.
I apologize for any offense taken by us in our "stronghold of human
existance."

But I still hold in the rest of my statement.

--
~ Scott

Curious Gene

Dec 14, 2000, 5:27:25 PM12/14/00
Scott Torres spake thus into the audient void:

> "Lord [INSERT NAME HERE]" wrote:

>> Scott Torres wrote:
>> >
>> > I was sitting here reading slashdot and a.g, while eating my heart
>> > attack in a bag from McDonald's, when I realized that we do not need to
>> > worry about becoming "the in place to be". Slashdot already holds that
>> > distinction, and it is a very public forum. Here we are in our small
>> > corner of the web, laughing and mocking the unenlighted fools who are
>> > never to be enlightened fools like us.
>>
>> The web? ::punch::

> I understand that my choice of words in this matter may have been in error.
> I apologize for any offense taken by us in our "stronghold of human
> existance."

^^^^^^^^^
Don't you mean "existence"? And "unenlightened"?

;-P

(Look, it's Kitz' favorite type of emoticon nose!)

--
Gene Sullivan |System Operator
I wish a new life awaited *me* in some off-world

Methuselah Jones

Dec 14, 2000, 8:57:43 PM12/14/00
Scott Torres wrote:

> I was sitting here reading slashdot and a.g, while eating my heart attack
> in a bag from McDonald's, when I realized that we do not need to worry
> about becoming "the in place to be". Slashdot already holds that
> distinction, and it is a very public forum. Here we are in our small
> corner of the web, laughing and mocking the unenlighted fools who are
> never to be enlightened fools like us.

I started reading slashdot about six months ago.
I stopped reading slashdot about three months ago.

They're just too cool. (sarcasm)

--
Methuselah
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real

J.S. Cunningham

Dec 14, 2000, 10:36:52 PM12/14/00
Methuselah Jones wrote in message <3A397A96...@yahoo.com>...

>Scott Torres wrote:
>
>> I was sitting here reading slashdot and a.g, while eating my heart attack
>> in a bag from McDonald's, when I realized that we do not need to worry
>> about becoming "the in place to be". Slashdot already holds that
>> distinction, and it is a very public forum. Here we are in our small
>> corner of the web, laughing and mocking the unenlighted fools who are
>> never to be enlightened fools like us.
>
>I started reading slashdot about six months ago.
>I stopped reading slashdot about three months ago.
>
>They're just too cool. (sarcasm)

I didn't even make it that long. Tried reading it a couple of times and
just found it dead boring.

J.S.Cunningham - Hardware-geek-in-training
Contributing to the delinquency of squirrels everywhere.