(no subject)

Vince Hagar, aka ElementalDragon

Mar 25, 2001, 1:17:01 AM3/25/01
Jacob lay awake on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. His eyes were
open, but he was not seeing with them. His mind flew free of his
conciousness through the sky of his imagination. The weight of the
world no longer lay heavy upon his shoulders as he reveled in the
freedom his mind gave him. He came back to himself, and this time the
let down was too much.

Jacob got up with a start and pulled on a pair of shorts and a
T-shirt. He slipped on his favorite pair of sneakers and grabbed his
keys as he practically ran out the door.

They found his car in the morning, a crumpled, mangled heap of scrap
metal in the bottom of the gorge. Nobody knew why he was speeding
along the canyon road that night, or why there were no skid marks.

However, for a moment, he flew.

-Vince
aka Soulsnuffer

Vince Hagar, aka ElementalDragon

Mar 26, 2001, 12:58:58 AM3/26/01
fam...@plonker.com wrote:

> Vince Hagar, aka ElementalDragon w:
> At least, it was the consensus that the body had been thrown clear
> of the wreck, but no body was ever found, and many theories, some
> of them quite wild, were advanced to explain this. Jacob's body
> had been dragged off into the mountains by feral pseudomammoths,
> the big white fluffy creatures that hid among the towels of Jeffrey
> Johnson's bathroom, perfectly camoflaged in the white Egyptian
> cotton, ready to make off with the unwary user. Others suggested
> alien abduction, but Jacob did not live in a trailer home. Others
> suggested he was a bad, weird kid, and not only was the little town
> of Prairy Corners better off without him, it was better off not
> knowing what happened to him. Discrete enquiries revealed that
> Jacob, while not a neglected kid, was a loner, with few friends,
> held in low esteem by his schoolfriends, insofar as any of them
> knew of him at all. Inspection of Jacob's effects, in particular
> his diary, indicated no preparation for any kind of absence, however,
> his diary did reveal a certain level of persecution by one or two of
> his fellow pupils. In particular, one person, Robert Frost, seemed
> to regular demand of Jacob the location of a "key", only one, apparently:
> "the key". Jacob plainly had no clue as to the identify or even
> location of any key but dwelt at length on the humilation and torments
> metered out by the loutish Frost.

*shrug*

kitznegari and the infinite sadness

Mar 30, 2001, 10:53:25 AM3/30/01
Vince said:

>Jacob lay awake on his bed, staring up at the ceiling. His eyes were
>open, but he was not seeing with them. His mind flew free of his
>conciousness through the sky of his imagination. The weight of the
>world no longer lay heavy upon his shoulders as he reveled in the
>freedom his mind gave him.

Sounds like a drug legalization campaign commercial. ;)

>However, for a moment, he flew.

You know... this is actually the best really short short story that I've ever
read :)

- k i t z -
http://pagina.de/glass

Vince

Mar 31, 2001, 8:37:58 PM3/31/01
kitznegari and the infinite sadness wrote:

> Vince said:
<snip>

> >However, for a moment, he flew.
>
> You know... this is actually the best really short short story that I've ever
> read :)

Wow. *blinks* Thank you. I'm not sure whether you've read a whole lot
of short short stories to compare it to, but I still appreciate the
comment :)

-Vince
aka Soulsnuffer

kitznegari and the infinite sadness

Apr 4, 2001, 9:32:26 PM4/4/01
Trivia question since you're all into that sort of thing :)

How many chicks are in the classic novel "Kipper's Book of Numbers"?

The first person to answer correctly gets a bruce-punch and a squeeze bottle
from Cogo's down the road, (postage paid by you, naturally).

On the off chance that anyone should get this correct, I was lying about
sending prizes... it's just the thought that count's, m'kay?

I don't care if this is retarded. I'm hitting "send now". Nyah!

- k i t z -

HEY!! http://pagina.de/glass is currently being transfered to
http://www.altgeek.org/kitznegari please update bookmarks!

bc90021

Apr 4, 2001, 9:39:39 PM4/4/01
> Trivia question since you're all into that sort of thing :)
>
> How many chicks are in the classic novel "Kipper's Book of Numbers"?

17.

> The first person to answer correctly gets a bruce-punch and a squeeze
bottle
> from Cogo's down the road, (postage paid by you, naturally).

How much is the postage? I like squeeze bottles! ;)

> On the off chance that anyone should get this correct, I was lying about
> sending prizes... it's just the thought that count's, m'kay?

Doh! Of course, I'm assuming I'm right, when I have absolutely no idea if
that is true or not. ;)

> I don't care if this is retarded. I'm hitting "send now". Nyah!

You have a "send now" button? Is there a corresponding "send later" one
too? ;)

> - k i t z -
> HEY!! http://pagina.de/glass is currently being transfered to
> http://www.altgeek.org/kitznegari please update bookmarks!

Updated. :)

bc90021

Methuselah Jones

Apr 4, 2001, 11:03:29 PM4/4/01
kitznegari and the infinite sadness wrote:

> Trivia question since you're all into that sort of thing :)
>
> How many chicks are in the classic novel "Kipper's Book of Numbers"?

Well, there are two hedgehogs, three hamsters, four hens, five tortoises and
eight frogs, but I couldn't find anything about chicks.

--
Methuselah
Timing has an awful lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

kitznegari and the infinite sadness

Apr 5, 2001, 4:31:22 AM4/5/01
Meth said:

>Well, there are two hedgehogs, three hamsters, four hens, five tortoises and
>eight frogs, but I couldn't find anything about chicks.

Jezus! Ok... I gotta know where you found that online!

kitznegari and the infinite sadness

Apr 5, 2001, 4:35:27 AM4/5/01
Tom said:

>17.

So close, and yet so far...

>How much is the postage? I like squeeze bottles! ;)

I don't know! I actually don't even have a Cogo's any closer to me than 250
miles away to the best of my knowledge... I hope they still sell those
squeezies with the slushies!

ps... I hope you're not meaning that you want the liquid that would have been
inside it too! Yeesh!

>You have a "send now" button?

Hey, that's not fair! Jeff was standing behind me while I typed that, so I was
more than a little distracted! ;)

Methuselah Jones

Apr 5, 2001, 6:19:13 AM4/5/01
kitznegari and the infinite sadness wrote:

> Meth said:
>
> >Well, there are two hedgehogs, three hamsters, four hens, five tortoises and
> >eight frogs, but I couldn't find anything about chicks.
>
> Jezus! Ok... I gotta know where you found that online!

By searching for the book title. Part of it came from the summary on Amazon.
Actually, it's not true that I didn't find anything about chicks. One of the
places mentioned all the things Kipper counts, including chicks, but it didn't
say how many of each.

--
Methuselah
If you always tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

kitznegari and the infinite sadness

Apr 5, 2001, 1:10:57 PM4/5/01
Meth said:

>One of the
>places mentioned all the things Kipper counts, including chicks, but it
>didn't
>say how many of each.

That is just amazing that they even had it listed! There are only 10 pages
altogether for goodness sakes!

Methuselah Jones

Apr 5, 2001, 2:13:28 PM4/5/01
kitznegari and the infinite sadness wrote:

> Meth said:
>
> >One of the
> >places mentioned all the things Kipper counts, including chicks, but it
> >didn't
> >say how many of each.
>

> There are only 10 pages altogether for goodness sakes!

That would make sense :)

--
Methuselah
.sig available upon request

bc90021

Apr 5, 2001, 11:17:30 PM4/5/01
> Tom said:

Who is that?

> >17.
>
> So close, and yet so far...

How close? Close enough for a squeeze bottle?

> >How much is the postage? I like squeeze bottles! ;)
>
> I don't know! I actually don't even have a Cogo's any closer to me than
250
> miles away to the best of my knowledge... I hope they still sell those
> squeezies with the slushies!

Hhhmmm... well, if you have to go 250 miles... I think I would still want
one, but I will understand if you don't want to go that far. ;)

> ps... I hope you're not meaning that you want the liquid that would have
been
> inside it too! Yeesh!

Nope. I just want the squeeze bottle itself. ;)

> >You have a "send now" button?
>
> Hey, that's not fair! Jeff was standing behind me while I typed that, so
I was
> more than a little distracted! ;)

I can forgive you for that if you were distracted. :) I was so distracted
by Kris's beauty while I was in Kansas that *I didn't even use the
computer*!! So I can understand. :)

bc90021

Gwen

Apr 7, 2001, 11:30:07 AM4/7/01
Twas kitznegari and the infinite sadness of alt.geek who said:

>>17.
>
>So close, and yet so far...

71

--
Gwen <-- too lazy to find something for her sig

J.S. Cunningham

Apr 7, 2001, 12:58:00 PM4/7/01
Gwen wrote in message ...

>Twas kitznegari and the infinite sadness of alt.geek who said:
>
>>>17.
>>
>>So close, and yet so far...
>
>71

ROFL!

Jeanne Cunningham - Hardware-geek-in-training
Contributing to the delinquency of squirrels everywhere.

kitznegari and the infinite sadness

Apr 7, 2001, 1:56:59 PM4/7/01
>>So close, and yet so far...
>
>71

Well, your first hint is that it's less than 10.

- k i t z -

http://www.altgeek.org/kitznegari

Another Ded Dzhen

Apr 7, 2001, 3:37:54 PM4/7/01
/ >>>17.
/ >>
/ >>So close, and yet so far...
/ >
/ >71
/
/ ROFL!

Join the USA Congress and then the difference between 1,600,000,000 and
1,200,000,000 becomes something small enough to negotiate.

--
Bush and Dick Bait: Robin Red Breast, Blue Tit, Jackass
Penguin, Erect-crested Penguin, Red-necked Grebe, Fairy

Gwen

Apr 7, 2001, 5:13:04 PM4/7/01
Twas kitznegari and the infinite sadness of alt.geek who said:

>>>So close, and yet so far...
>>
>>71
>>

>Well, your first hint is that it's less than 10.

Oh. hmmmm....

7, then?

kitznegari and the infinite sadness

Apr 7, 2001, 11:25:42 PM4/7/01
Gwen said:

>Oh. hmmmm....
>
>7, then?

YAY!! WOO HOO! GWEN GOT IT!!

:::does a tap dance on the table in your honor:::

Gwen

Apr 7, 2001, 11:37:10 PM4/7/01
Twas kitznegari and the infinite sadness of alt.geek who said:

>>7, then?
>
>YAY!! WOO HOO! GWEN GOT IT!!

yippe!

>:::does a tap dance on the table in your honor:::

::resist urge to start stuffing twenties into the top of your
[pants/skirt/whatever]. :p

bc90021

Apr 7, 2001, 11:58:45 PM4/7/01
> yippe!
>
> >:::does a tap dance on the table in your honor:::
>
> ::resist urge to start stuffing twenties into the top of your
> [pants/skirt/whatever]. :p
>
> --
> Gwen <-- too lazy to find something for her sig

I was about to comment on the fact that you are very generous, Gwen, and
then I realised that we're talking about Canadian money... ;)

bc90021

- No, I couldn't resist... ;) ;) ;)

Another Ded Dzhen

Apr 8, 2001, 12:17:11 AM4/8/01
/ >>>So close, and yet so far...
/ >>
/ >>71
/ >>
/ >
/ >Well, your first hint is that it's less than 10.
/
/ Oh. hmmmm....
/
/ 7, then?

3.5?

1.75?

0.875?

kitznegari and the infinite sadness

Apr 8, 2001, 5:15:12 AM4/8/01
>::resist urge to start stuffing twenties into the top of your
>[pants/skirt/whatever]. :p

Hey now ;)

alt.local.village.idiot

kitznegari and the infinite sadness

Apr 8, 2001, 5:16:34 AM4/8/01
Tom said:

>I was about to comment on the fact that you are very generous, Gwen, and
>then I realised that we're talking about Canadian money... ;)

*snigger*

kitznegari and the infinite sadness

Apr 8, 2001, 5:19:48 AM4/8/01
Another Ded Dzhen said:

>3.5?
>
>1.75?
>
>0.875?

Yes, that's it. There were 0.875 chicks in a book for 2 year olds.

Let me be more specific. It's a postive integer. ;)

bc90021

Apr 8, 2001, 10:51:17 AM4/8/01
> Yes, that's it. There were 0.875 chicks in a book for 2 year olds.
>
> Let me be more specific. It's a postive integer. ;)
>
> - k i t z -

ROTFL!

bc90021

Another Ded Dzhen

Apr 8, 2001, 4:03:36 PM4/8/01
/ > Yes, that's it. There were 0.875 chicks in a book for 2 year olds.
/ >
/ > Let me be more specific. It's a postive integer. ;)
/
/ ROTFL!

Do you want the efficiency of binary search or do you want complete chicks?

kitznegari and the infinite sadness

Apr 8, 2001, 10:12:08 PM4/8/01
>Do you want the efficiency of binary search or do you want complete chicks?

I don't want percentages of chicks, I don't want chickens in binary... I would
not, could not in a boat, I would not could not with a goat, Sam I Am.

- k i t z -

http://www.altgeek.org/kitznegari

alt.local.village.idiot

Another Ded Dzhen

Apr 9, 2001, 2:22:00 AM4/9/01
/ >Do you want the efficiency of binary search or do you want complete chicks?
/
/ I don't want percentages of chicks, I don't want chickens in binary... I would
/ not, could not in a boat, I would not could not with a goat, Sam I Am.

Why did the two chickens cross the creek?

kitznegari and the infinite sadness

Apr 9, 2001, 5:00:46 AM4/9/01
>Why did the two chickens cross the creek?

Why'zat?

J.S. Cunningham

Apr 9, 2001, 4:55:26 PM4/9/01
bc90021 wrote in message ...

::WALLOP:: ;)

Jeanne Cunningham - Hardware-geek-in-training
Contributing to the delinquency of squirrels everywhere.

And a damn proud Canuck!