Way 1.9 -- An interesting erotic concept

choic...@hotmail.com

Oct 22, 2005, 5:02:02 PM10/22/05
I'm posting here because (to be honest) I can't stand some of the
antisocial jerks on the yahoo portal, and because I have a bit of a
cachet here.

Eh, enough of the rant, I'm wanting to talk about JP doujin, an area
that most people have had no access to. I'm talking about it here
because a new entryway into JP doujin has appeared, called
http://dlsite.com - an entryway that is largely focused on adult
material and has some highly experimental art. If not strictly AIF,
this stuff is useful for ideas and provocative to the imagination.

On dlsite.com there are image collections, various experiments in
animation, various experiments in erotic 3D, both stills and animation,
and a surpising variety of games. Now, to be honest, 95% of the
material there is crap. Badly drawn, badly written, and JP tend to only
allow their older stuff to be sold to the big-nosed barbarians. Still,
if you have the energy to dig..

This site isn't just for JP doujin circles. Erotic game companies sell
their wares here, including Ringerbell (Circle 'HQ's') and Lilith.
There are JP erotic magazines who sell online editions, and many of the
offerings have female voiced characters. This might explain the
popularity of FF Fight, an animated Crimson Comic released by Durandal,
in which Yuna of FF X will beg for "fuko" if you tease her in the right
way.

Most interesting to me are two other groups, one being "Gimmix" and
"Circle Gimmix" who are making animated comics of a kind I've not seen
before. These stories have excellent pacing and build up combined with
some(IMO) quality graphics. Their works are based on well known Jp ero
manga artists (Zero no Mono comes to mind) and are voiced and the
scenes move.

The other is Ponidog's Way 1.9. I don't know how else to describe Way
1.9 other than to say it is addictive. It is an erotic card game very
similar to Koi Koi (but not the same; it's best to learn Way's game by
playing it). His art style ranges from very interesting to sketchy, his
work is deeply erotic. It suffers in that he makes excuses for his
wildly anal focus; his women are often elves or daemons with some
unique anatomy. But the thing is, it has a story that slowly unfolds.
You have to play it extensively to see the storyline develop. The card
game plays quickly once you learn it, and it requires a surprising
amount of strategy. I've been trying to get away from this game after
playing it three days straight after work until 4 in the morning. Last
night I managed to get away at 2am. I think this is an exciting piece,
especially for those of us who are looking for a fresh look and
approach to erotic literature. It comes highly, highly recommended.

Bibliography

DLSite (English)

http://www.dlsite.com/e_enter.html

F.F. Fight

Art is just okay, but their use of voice and timing and animation makes
this thing popular.

http://www.dlsite.com/work/e_workshow/ra6032

Raika 2 - perhaps RINGERBELL's best available work
Ringerbell is well known to anyone who used to collect erotic CG
graphics in the middle 1990s. A lot of those graphics were stolen from
this company. The games are lightweight but cute, and I've always
admired this artist's style.

http://www.dlsite.com/work/e_workshow/ra5198

Circle Gimmix

These two are among their best. The first is clearly Tifa pr0n but it's
well drawn and extensively illustrated. The second has a deliberately
Iis look. Again, what seems interesting is the meld of comic art and
animation, and the depth and pacing of the fantasy.

Both of these have free demos, which I recommend downloading.

http://www.dlsite.com/work/e_workshow/cs0712
http://www.dlsite.com/work/e_workshow/cs0856

~~~ Ponidog ~~~

Unless Ponidog has updated the version of Way on dlsite.com, I *know*
he has patches that would be useful. I know, because I submitted some
bugs to him which he fixed in 24 hours time. So if you decide to
download Way, go to the site and get the latest patches.

His Site:

http://ponidog.sakura.ne.jp/

His game:

http://www.dlsite.com/work/e_workshow/ea0002

Choices.

langrer

Oct 29, 2005, 10:11:09 PM10/29/05
Hi all.

Choices, I have bought the game but it seem's I can't play it well...
what do you have to do to play the story? I am always with Marielle,
training or doing the test, but I can't have sex with her... what
should I do?

choic...@hotmail.com

Oct 31, 2005, 2:22:44 AM10/31/05

1) You'll need the 1.9c patch minimally. Else you can't have Marielle.
You can't get past the witch otherwise. (I think he's up to 1.9e now.
1.9e fixes the contraception bug).
2) Then score at least 6 points and get past the witch stage.
3) Then the test will open up. At that point you need to play the test,
get at least 6 points, and QUIT. Do not play till you lose all your
points. I tended to play till I nearly had 20 points and then I would
quit. At that point you should be able to have sex with Marielle. If
you can't, then you need to win some contests versus the various
monsters. Winning the contests supplies foods which come in handy.
4) You know you can have sex with Marielle when the ring of
contraception appears.

Choices.

langrer

Oct 31, 2005, 2:50:43 PM10/31/05
3) Then the test will open up. At that point you need to play the test,
> get at least 6 points, and QUIT. Do not play till you lose all your
> points. I tended to play till I nearly had 20 points and then I would
> quit. At that point you should be able to have sex with Marielle. If
> you can't, then you need to win some contests versus the various
> monsters. Winning the contests supplies foods which come in handy.
> 4) You know you can have sex with Marielle when the ring of
> contraception appears.

That was it!!! Oh, man, maybe Ponidog should explain better these
things... do you know if he has made a proper manual in english?

Oh, and thank you very much, Choices!! I am enjoying pretty much the
game.