Any reason to keep old bridle?

Xymmie

Jan 27, 2008, 6:00:33 PM1/27/08
Once you get the fast mount, is there any reason to save the bridle from
your first mount?

Xymmie

Ashen Shugar

Jan 27, 2008, 6:37:27 PM1/27/08
I think it was "Xymmie" <xym...@gmail.com> that wrote something
like...

>Once you get the fast mount, is there any reason to save the bridle from
>your first mount?
>
>Xymmie

So the RSPCA doesn't get you for cruelty to animals? There's a horse
attached to that bridle after all! ; )

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

Catriona R

Jan 27, 2008, 7:30:56 PM1/27/08
On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 17:00:33 -0600, "Xymmie" <xym...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Once you get the fast mount, is there any reason to save the bridle from
>your first mount?

Nope, but I usually do for nostalgia :-)
--
EU-Draenor:
Balgair - Human Rogue (lvl 70)

Daniel Seriff

Jan 27, 2008, 7:33:11 PM1/27/08
Don't you talk ugly to me, Ashen Shugar. I'll send you to the moon with my
magic shirt!

> I think it was "Xymmie" <xym...@gmail.com> that wrote something
> like...
>
>> Once you get the fast mount, is there any reason to save the bridle from
>> your first mount?
>>
>> Xymmie
>
> So the RSPCA doesn't get you for cruelty to animals? There's a horse
> attached to that bridle after all! ; )

Which you've been carrying around in your backpack for 20 levels worth of
playing time. It seems to me that selling the old bridle is *less* cruel than
hanging on to it after it's obsolete.

--
Daniel Seriff

So many Christians, so few lions.

Message has been deleted

Ashen Shugar

Jan 27, 2008, 8:14:45 PM1/27/08
I think it was Daniel Seriff <mu...@munge.munge> that wrote something
like...

I don't believe you can sell em though. All you can do is throw em
away. No trade in or anything! : (

Ashen Shugar

Jan 27, 2008, 8:16:29 PM1/27/08
I think it was Catriona R <catrion...@totalise.co.uk> that wrote
something like...

>On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 17:00:33 -0600, "Xymmie" <xym...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Once you get the fast mount, is there any reason to save the bridle from
>>your first mount?
>
>Nope, but I usually do for nostalgia :-)

My main has kept all his various mounts. He's also kept his tier
0/0.5 set. : )
My alt's are reclaiming the bank space as they upgrade though.

Lawrence Payne

Jan 27, 2008, 8:49:24 PM1/27/08
"Xymmie" <xym...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Once you get the fast mount, is there any reason to save the bridle from
> your first mount?

Yes. Anytime you find yourself helping lower level guildies quest, you will
need your slower mount so you don't go roaring ahead of them.

Besides, it cost 9g and you can't sell it. You can only destroy it for no
money. Might as well keep it.

Daniel Seriff

Jan 28, 2008, 1:25:18 AM1/28/08
Don't you talk ugly to me, Ashen Shugar. I'll send you to the moon with my
magic shirt!

> I think it was Daniel Seriff <mu...@munge.munge> that wrote something
> like...
>
>> Don't you talk ugly to me, Ashen Shugar. I'll send you to the moon with my
>> magic shirt!
>>
>>> I think it was "Xymmie" <xym...@gmail.com> that wrote something
>>> like...

>>> So the RSPCA doesn't get you for cruelty to animals? There's a horse
>>> attached to that bridle after all! ; )
>>
>> Which you've been carrying around in your backpack for 20 levels worth of
>> playing time. It seems to me that selling the old bridle is *less* cruel
>> than hanging on to it after it's obsolete.
>
> I don't believe you can sell em though. All you can do is throw em
> away. No trade in or anything! : (

Yeah, their blue-book value sucks.

--
Daniel Seriff

I see more poetry in a chunk of quartzite than in a make-believe wood nymph,
more beauty in the revelations of a verifiable intellectual construction than
in whole misty empires of obsolete mythology.

-- Edward Abbey

lcpltom

Jan 28, 2008, 7:54:45 AM1/28/08

As a warlock, I don't have the problem of what to do with my level 40
mount, its a spell and I can call on it anytime without taking up bag
space. Its great when trying to help a low level guildy with
something, or helping someone who hasn't saved the gold for their 150
skill training.

I've been debating what to do with my 60% flying mount. I just got
the 300 riding skill training, and just barely, had 5009g when I
bought the training. Started doing netherwing dailies for the gold,
gotta grind to 200g to get the faster mount to go with the training.
But being able to fly at the speed of others isn't so much of a big
deal as being able to ride at the same speed as other. If you're
escorting someone on the ground, then going their speed is useful.
But in the air you're not really escorting them. You're free to
travel to your destination and then wait there for them.

Brian Westley

Jan 28, 2008, 9:43:07 AM1/28/08
Daniel Seriff <mu...@munge.munge> writes:

You can't sell it, vendors don't want it.

I still think Tran'rek in Gadgetzan should own a glue factory
and be the only NPC who will buy old mounts. Just don't ask
what he does with them.

---
Merlyn LeRoy

PV

Jan 28, 2008, 10:44:36 AM1/28/08
lcpltom <lcp...@yahoo.com> writes:
>bought the training. Started doing netherwing dailies for the gold,
>gotta grind to 200g to get the faster mount to go with the training.

Two days at most if you've got netherwing unlocked. I recently put my third
70 into the air (roflcopter!), so I'm doing dailies for a bit. 1 hour this
morning, 140g.

Aren't you at least exalted with the skyguard? Their mount only costs 160g
then. I used that for the two weeks it took me to get my drake.

>But being able to fly at the speed of others isn't so much of a big
>deal as being able to ride at the same speed as other. If you're
>escorting someone on the ground, then going their speed is useful.

Just ride in circles around them. I move doing that. *
like corkscrews.

Ian Noble

Jan 28, 2008, 11:44:11 AM1/28/08
On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:42:20 -0500, DaFox <Super...@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>While digging out a new addition to the Den, DaFox found a scrap of parchment. On it,

>I keep my slower mount(s) handy incase I need to escort lower level or lesser geared
>guildies to help keep the pack together.

Or to allow them to follow. The other day I was trying to lead a
friend without an epic mount from A to B, and he needed to go on
follow. On the faster mount, I'd have lost him; swapping to the
slower mount worked fine.

Not something I'd normally have considered, but as it happened, I
still had the mount.

Cheers - Ian

lcpltom

Jan 28, 2008, 12:37:21 PM1/28/08
On Jan 28, 10:44 am, pv+use...@pobox.com (PV) wrote:

Nah, still only revered with Skyguard. I don't get time to do dailies
every day, so the rep grinds are kinda slow for me.

Besides that, I hate the skyguard mounts. I really have no interest
in getting one, and only do the dailies for the gold. Given the
choice between a ray and a wyvern, I choose the wyvern, even if it is
40g more.

djar...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2008, 3:43:47 PM1/28/08

There's always room for Jello!

Daniel Seriff

Jan 28, 2008, 10:09:42 PM1/28/08
Don't you talk ugly to me, djar...@gmail.com. I'll send you to the moon
with my magic shirt!

> On Jan 28, 6:43 am, Brian Westley <west...@visi.com> wrote:
>> Daniel Seriff <mu...@munge.munge> writes:
>>> Don't you talk ugly to me, Ashen Shugar. I'll send you to the moon with my
>>> magic shirt!

>>> Which you've been carrying around in your backpack for 20 levels worth of
>>> playing time. It seems to me that selling the old bridle is *less* cruel
>>> than
>>> hanging on to it after it's obsolete.
>>
>> You can't sell it, vendors don't want it.
>>
>> I still think Tran'rek in Gadgetzan should own a glue factory
>> and be the only NPC who will buy old mounts.  Just don't ask
>> what he does with them.
>
> There's always room for Jello!

With little bits of scorpid in.

--
Daniel Seriff

A lie repeated often enough convinces the liar, and many creationists may now
have forgotten that they are lying at all.

--- Frederick Turner

Alphawolf

Jan 29, 2008, 7:49:03 AM1/29/08
On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 09:37:21 -0800 (PST), lcpltom <lcp...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Nah, still only revered with Skyguard. I don't get time to do dailies
>every day, so the rep grinds are kinda slow for me.
>
>Besides that, I hate the skyguard mounts. I really have no interest
>in getting one, and only do the dailies for the gold. Given the
>choice between a ray and a wyvern, I choose the wyvern, even if it is
>40g more.

Personal preference I know, but I find netherrays make ideal warlock
mounts, at least until I someday get a flaming pegasus warlock flying
mount or something (I'd really like one of those beholder demons with
a little riding cupola on top :). My hunter however, really wants to
ride something with wings and not some flying jellyfish. She'll
likely stick with the wyvern, even though she's exhalted with
skyguard. That is, until she saves up another 2k, because she just
*has* to have that hypogriff from CE. The color matches her skin. :)

Haven't worked on getting a gummy dragon on any character, but I think
the pally might like one of those. :)

----
Gnuthulhu, Undead Warlock
Fthagn, Undead Warrior