Add-ons?

3phase

Apr 30, 2005, 2:32:28 AM4/30/05
Curious what other people use and recommend. I'm only using Benecast at the
moment, it's a small, handy utility that will place buff and heal buttons
near your and your group's avatars.

Deleted cosmos after the most recent patch. Would absolutely love a simple
mapnotes add-on that doesn't require a reset every patch. The only one I've
seen appears to be unsupported now.

cheers,
Stu.

mindseye

Apr 30, 2005, 3:43:11 AM4/30/05
"3phase" <som...@microsoft.com> wrote in message

I use two - Flexbar, for absolute button control, and one whose name I
cannot remember (but I'm sure someone else here knows it, as it was
recommended to me here) that tells me the vendor prices for items in my
bags, as long as I've had at least one item of that type in my bags when I
went to a vendor. I find both of them extremely useful.

-[Blayde]-

Fugwump

Apr 30, 2005, 5:15:32 AM4/30/05
>> Curious what other people use and recommend. I'm only using Benecast at
>> the moment, it's a small, handy utility that will place buff and heal
>> buttons near your and your group's avatars.
>>
>> Deleted cosmos after the most recent patch. Would absolutely love a
>> simple mapnotes add-on that doesn't require a reset every patch. The only
>> one I've seen appears to be unsupported now.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Stu.
>
> I use two - Flexbar, for absolute button control, and one whose name I
> cannot remember (but I'm sure someone else here knows it, as it was
> recommended to me here) that tells me the vendor prices for items in my
> bags, as long as I've had at least one item of that type in my bags when I
> went to a vendor. I find both of them extremely useful.

I just use Telo's bottom bar at the moment, small and handy.
Is it sellvalue v25? Think I may use that myself now.

Nabuu

Apr 30, 2005, 10:43:58 AM4/30/05
In article <d4vd14$4tk$1...@gnus01.u.washington.edu>,
"mindseye" <mind...@u.washington.edu> wrote:

> and one whose name I
> cannot remember (but I'm sure someone else here knows it, as it was
> recommended to me here) that tells me the vendor prices for items in my
> bags, as long as I've had at least one item of that type in my bags when I
> went to a vendor.

Lootlink. I also like Auctioneer, which works with lootlink to tell you
about the item's past AH history.

--
Nabuu, Tauren druid on Dethecus.
Also (rarely):

Marshall

Apr 30, 2005, 12:41:07 PM4/30/05

"3phase" <som...@microsoft.com> wrote in message

Started using CT Mod, from: http://www.ctmod.net/news.ct

It has a lot of the same features as Cosmos, but seems more stable- others
recommended it to me for that same reason. Haven't had it give me any
problems yet. The parts of it I like and use the most, are mapnotes and
coordinates, moveable tooltips (hate the default one in far lower right
corner, I move it to top center), the ability to put the quest level info next
to each quest in your quest log (much more helpful than the vague color-
coding system), the ability to make positive changes and improvements to
the appearance and info displayed on your icon and that of your target, and
of course Telo's Quickloot mod, which comes included with this one. There
is a bunch of other stuff I also use from it that I can't remember at the mo-
ment, but that's the key stuff.
-Marshall

Azzuri

Apr 30, 2005, 3:15:13 PM4/30/05

"3phase" <som...@microsoft.com> wrote in message

I use a fair few add-ons, all standalone now as i decided t stop using the
pre-packaged ones due to not using hardly any of their features

I use

Stunwatch - shows a progess timer on screen for rogue stuns/sap
infobar and several infobar addons - displays various info along the top of
the screen (info bar defense tracker is especially handy since the honour
patch as you dont have to turn off worlddefense to lose the constant tarren
mill spam but instead it sumarises it in the info bar for you)
grudgelist - so i can remember who really must die whenever i see them :)
sellvalue - tracking prices of things that are sold
flexbar - for a few extra buttons and nice flexibility with them
aftt - this is a tooltip mod, basically i like my tooltip top centre of the
screen and this puts it there for me
pvplog - to track kills etc, kinda defunct after the honour system but it
still tracks a fair bit more such as names, levels etc
cooldowncount - shows a timer on the icon of my abilities (such as vanish)
so i know how long is left
hitsmode - displays the combat scroll a little differently and in different
colours
gatherer - to keep track of everywhere i do mining
ct_raid assist - lets you see health of other groups in raid and easy system
for setting a man assist etc
kill log - keeps track of everything you've killed since it was installed,
how much xp you get, how many times etc, also keeps a seperate record of
your maxium hits for each ability

few others i cant remember as well

quite a jumbled list but works well for me

you can see a picture at www.azzuri.myby.co.uk/UI.jpg (dont actually have a
program installed to lower the resolution of the picture, sorry)

Azzuri
Twilight's Hammer

No1uNo

May 2, 2005, 11:29:43 AM5/2/05
insomniax ftw!

Jack D

May 2, 2005, 11:41:32 AM5/2/05

I use a lot of addons with Gypsy as main mod.

I you play a lock shardtracker is very handy. You can see the number of
soulshards you have, assign a specific bag and has small movable
buttons for creating/using healthstones, soulstones and spellstones.

As enchanter I also use enchantrix (on top of lootlink), which shows
the components you can get from disenchanting a certain item, saved me
a lot of money!
--
Nerghal - Undead Warlock lvl 46 - Bloodscalp EU
Gwar - Orcish Warrior lvl 10 - Bloodscalp EU

Stoneskin

May 3, 2005, 10:36:00 AM5/3/05

I use;

Self Cast
Lootlink
Auctioneer
PVPLog
Ultimate Book of the Dead

oh, and a clock.
--
Stoneskin

My personal army of Sash Crackers on Sunstrider are...

Necrofear - lvl 47 Undead Priest
Jericho - lvl 19 Undead Mage
Jigen - lvl 12 Orc Rogue
Wartorn - lvl 11 Tauren Warrior