*SPRING* has *SPRUNG* [end of WW M3]

thom...@yahoo.com

Mar 2, 2006, 8:16:52 PM3/2/06
Well, forgive the repeitive subject matter, but that's what it was
supposed to read last time.

MOST ANNOYING OBSERVATION LATELY--

Nintendo is *really* determined to annoy non-WiFiers. Anyone who WiFied
over the President's Holiday weekend received a Top Hat in the mail
from Tortimer. Thanks for all the advance warning, Nintendo.

I actually had heard rumors NOA was going to do something special for
Valentine's Day, and made a special effort to open my gates for two
seconds and then shut them. Sure enough, I got my WiFi letter, a
posting on the bulletin board, and a present.

The posting: "Our fingers have been so frozen this winter, we couldn't
type a single word! Oh, and the dog at our homework, too! Sorry!"

The letter: "Roses are nice / and chocolates are, too. / But what's
even nicer / is a bud that's true blue. Your friend, Nintendo"

Sent on Lovely Paper. I'm not even going to go into what the word
"blue" can imply in American English, but I should note that one of the
advertising slogans for the DS was "Touching Is Good."

...I feel unclean.

Oh, and the present was a lovely loveseat.

Anyway...It looks like Nintendo is ramping up their WiFi activity a
notch or two (at least the posting implies as much), so it might be a
good idea to log on for at least a second (you don't need to go
anywhere) on any holiday to see what might be up. Particularly the old
AC/GC holidays which are no longer celebrated. (Remember how
President's Day was transformed into Mayor's Day?)

SECOND MOST ANNOYING OBSERVATION--

The insects are *SMALL*! I'd already gotten peeved this over the last
three months, but now that there are more and more insects out there,
it is becoming really annoying. The graphics are *INSUFFICIENT*. I
mean, some of them were tricky-tiny in AC/GC, but the only one that was
really iffy was the mosquito, and it was supposed to be that way.

In WW, every single bug I've seen has been pixelated to a depressing
degree. So far, the only bugs that are instantly recognizable are the
butterflies, and the Tiger Butterfly still looks pretty ratty.

Should I complain? No. WW is for DS, not GC. There's no real way to
compensate for the smaller screen in this case. I guess I should be
impressed that they did as well as they did. I mean, in the Museum,
they look quite a bit better when you blow them up with the X button.
Even the fly.

But still. Try and find a ladybug. I had to work out it's existence
over three hours today...Something kept buzzing away...But only when
walking by flowers...Buzz doesn't sound like Cockroach (which could be
a flower bug in GC)...Flight path doesn't look like Cockroach...What
were the flower bugs in GC, anyway?...Might be a Ladybug?...Walk real
slow through all the flowers...Dang, another buzzaway...Dang, another
buzzaway...Is that a--dang, another buzzaway...It's gotta be *really*
small...Walk slower...

Finally, I spotted a six pixel red oval dot slowly circling a yellow
flower. Bingo. Ladybug caught.

So it's not impossible, just annoying. Now all I have to do is snag a
black ladybug.

Oh, and I accidentally read the FAQs on how to catch a flea. It's
really funny. I wouldn't go reading them myself if I were you. I think
you'll figure it out when it happens.