Problem with 2 houses...

George

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
I recently acquired my second house and am experiencing a problem with my
new house. None of my characters (other than the actual owner) can log out
"immediately" from my new house; and the owner of the second house can't
auto log out from the old house. I thought all characters on the account
would do this? What is the problem?

Sag

Jun 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/17/99
All of your characters can't instant log in both houses. Only the chars
that are not house owners can instant log at both houses. The other two
house owners can only instant log at their respective house. Also another
draw back is that the house owners cannot use the containers that the other
house, bummer. Anyway hope this helps.

Ray

Jun 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/17/99
Well, only your characters who DO NOT own a house are supposed to be able to
be "Friends" of your house. I had a bug and my original character (who had
a house) could quick log & use all containers just fine......but the "New
Owner" lost rights at the 1st house. (This is supposed to happen according
to OSI/GMs.......)

That being said, there is a way around this problem!

1) Bring the character you want to "Friend" to the house, and use an item
which gives our a targetting pointer.

2) Log out that character my pressing the button on the paper-doll. (DO NOT
INVIS/HIDE)

3) Wait the required 6-9 minutes.....

4) Log in with the house owner.

5) Bring up the paper doll.

6) Use the house menu to select "Add a Friend..."

7) Log-Out the owner (with the targetting reticule for the "Add Friend,.."
still active

8) Log Back in the desired character to friend.

9) Click on yourself, the targetting reticule should still be there...

10) He's now a friend of the 2nd house.....enjoy your new abilities at the
2nd house.

The Admirable Merlin

George <alca...@emeraldnet.net> wrote in message

George

Jun 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/17/99
Awesome tip! Thanks!!!

Mehcroh

Jun 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/18/99
There is or was a bug involving the master key to the house that would let you
friend the owner of the second house to the first house and vice versa. I'm
pretty sure it has to be one of the original kieys you recieved when you
placed the house or the ones you get when you change locks. I was able to do
this once, but have never been able to repeat it. Here is how it's supposed to
work: Both characters have to be in the house, the one you want to friend to
the house must have the master key, log him out and even though he won't insta
log you can still log in with the actual owner of the house. If done right you
should see both your characters on the screen at the same time. Now just have
the owner friend the other character to the house and presto he can insta log
and access the secure container now. Then just move the two characters to the
second house and repeat it. If you get it to work let me know. Like I said I
did it once but can't repeat it. (Maybe they fixed it)

In article <tu%93.2784$A24.1...@typ42b.nn.bcandid.com>, "George"