Trammel Deaths (semi-long)

1 view

Bomma

May 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/1/00
After the anticipation of the release of the new lands, and reading (i think
it was on the official website) that in Trammel, you could only be attacked
by others if you give consent, me and a friend travelled across (we don't
have a guild, so we cant spar for fear of assholes notos showing up)
When we got there I switched to war mode, and double-clicked him
Nothing
'Oh well, it must be summat to do with this new party system thing'
So I joined his party, and prepared once more to spar
Still nothing

So.... Is this intentional? Or is it being added? Or did I get it wrong? Or
did OSI just lie?
Is it at all possible to attack any others in the realm of Trammel?

On a similar note, I saw a Player murdering wandering healers in Trammel,
he'd wiped out the entire population of Glow wandering healers, and when i
spoke to him, he claimed to have killed about 30-40 since being in trammel.
And all he was getting was a 2 min grey flag, and not turning red. And none
of us could kill him for his crimes! Is this a bug?

And finally... has anyone noticed that the guards now instakill monsters?
I was being chased by a warband of 7 orcs, and I was luring them into
Delucia so that I could get help from fellow adventurers But their help was
not required. As soon as they stepped into the guard zones, they were
instakilled! I could have sworn this has never happened before.
Does this mean the end of town spawns, and if so, I'm gonna miss the troll
invasions in my home town of Vepser.....

Take Care All
Lordbomma (Armour Plated Monster of Europa)
"Bow down to the Lord!"

Stephen

May 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/3/00
On Mon, 1 May 2000 01:28:19 +0100, "Bomma" <lord...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>After the anticipation of the release of the new lands, and reading (i think
>it was on the official website) that in Trammel, you could only be attacked
>by others if you give consent, me and a friend travelled across (we don't
>have a guild, so we cant spar for fear of assholes notos showing up)
>When we got there I switched to war mode, and double-clicked him
>Nothing
>'Oh well, it must be summat to do with this new party system thing'
>So I joined his party, and prepared once more to spar
>Still nothing
>
>So.... Is this intentional? Or is it being added? Or did I get it wrong? Or
>did OSI just lie?
>Is it at all possible to attack any others in the realm of Trammel?

Consent only means warring guilds, factions and guildmates may attack
each other. The only people you can attack in Trammel are people in
your guild, in a guild you are at war with, or people in a faction
that you are at war with.

>On a similar note, I saw a Player murdering wandering healers in Trammel,
>he'd wiped out the entire population of Glow wandering healers, and when i
>spoke to him, he claimed to have killed about 30-40 since being in trammel.
>And all he was getting was a 2 min grey flag, and not turning red. And none
>of us could kill him for his crimes! Is this a bug?

No, you're not supposed to be able to attack any player in Trammel.
This doesn't mean that someone can't go around and kill NPCs.

>And finally... has anyone noticed that the guards now instakill monsters?
>I was being chased by a warband of 7 orcs, and I was luring them into
>Delucia so that I could get help from fellow adventurers But their help was
>not required. As soon as they stepped into the guard zones, they were
>instakilled! I could have sworn this has never happened before.
>Does this mean the end of town spawns, and if so, I'm gonna miss the troll
>invasions in my home town of Vepser.....

There are no more invasion if you have moved to Trammel. They guards
will kill any monster in the town limits in Trammel.

In Felucca, everything is virtually as it was.

Wesley Martin

May 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/3/00
> After the anticipation of the release of the new lands, and reading (i
think
> it was on the official website) that in Trammel, you could only be
attacked
> by others if you give consent, me and a friend travelled across (we don't
> have a guild, so we cant spar for fear of assholes notos showing up)
> When we got there I switched to war mode, and double-clicked him
> Nothing
> 'Oh well, it must be summat to do with this new party system thing'
> So I joined his party, and prepared once more to spar
> Still nothing

Ah, teh fabled DUELING system
No, it is a lie.....they wont put this dont know why they just wont

> On a similar note, I saw a Player murdering wandering healers in Trammel,
> he'd wiped out the entire population of Glow wandering healers, and when i
> spoke to him, he claimed to have killed about 30-40 since being in
trammel.
> And all he was getting was a 2 min grey flag, and not turning red. And
none
> of us could kill him for his crimes! Is this a bug?

Not tried this...... maybe it is a bug, after all tis a BLUE target (*note
to self, kill some healers*)

> And finally... has anyone noticed that the guards now instakill monsters?
> I was being chased by a warband of 7 orcs, and I was luring them into
> Delucia so that I could get help from fellow adventurers But their help
was
> not required. As soon as they stepped into the guard zones, they were
> instakilled! I could have sworn this has never happened before.
> Does this mean the end of town spawns, and if so, I'm gonna miss the troll
> invasions in my home town of Vepser.....

You are in trammel right!
:), I guess you must be knew. BEfore the invasions, ALL hostile NPCs (ppl or
monsters) would be killed if you called the guards or a NPC did

J.C. Bengtson

May 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/6/00
Stephen wrote:
> >On a similar note, I saw a Player murdering wandering healers in Trammel,
> >he'd wiped out the entire population of Glow wandering healers, and when i
> >spoke to him, he claimed to have killed about 30-40 since being in trammel.
> >And all he was getting was a 2 min grey flag, and not turning red. And none
> >of us could kill him for his crimes! Is this a bug?

Non-shopkeeper NPCs don't give you murder counts, that's why. He could
do the same thing in Felucca and not get a count. Ditto for murdering
Nobles, Brides, or other escortable NPCs. However, kill some Shepards,
who sell wool, and you'll be red in no time!

>No, you're not supposed to be able to attack any player in Trammel.
> This doesn't mean that someone can't go around and kill NPCs.

Is it possible to kill guards outside town? Like the ones who spawn in
stone towers and such alongside roads? I've never tried, and don't plan
on doing so, but I'm curious. :)

> >And finally... has anyone noticed that the guards now instakill monsters?
> >I was being chased by a warband of 7 orcs, and I was luring them into
> >Delucia so that I could get help from fellow adventurers But their help was
> >not required. As soon as they stepped into the guard zones, they were
> >instakilled! I could have sworn this has never happened before.
> >Does this mean the end of town spawns, and if so, I'm gonna miss the troll
> >invasions in my home town of Vepser.....
>

> There are no more invasion if you have moved to Trammel. They guards
> will kill any monster in the town limits in Trammel.

I saw something hilarious one time, before the patch. I was near Britain
bank very early in the morning on Atlantic, and nobody was around.
Regardless, I hid while doing my banking, and a lizardman/ratman spawn
appeared a moment later. And guess who they attacked?

The Town Cryer!

It was something to behold.. a whole bunch of lizards and rats beating
on the poor guy, who couldn't even move from his spot. Despite the
[invulnerable] flag, I noticed they were able to damage him slightly.
However, the funny thing was that he was actually defending himself, and
wrestling several of the beasts to death with just a few punches!

THAT is what I wish NPCs would do.. attack monsters instead of just
whining and calling for the guards. Only NPCs I've seen who actually
help fight SOMETIMES are the "fighter" types, but even they are chicken
most of the time and just stand there. You'd think that "blacksmiths" or
"mages" would be a little more inclined to combat..

It's also funny seeing Brigands or Evil Mages call for the guards when
they're Red; do they WANT to die? :)

--
J.C. Bengtson
==========================

Uo7

May 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/7/00
most those guards in those towers you can call for help if you are in the tower
ive seen alot of pks die this way run to the guard call em poof dead pk.the
ones ive seen do this are at the tower heading toward covetous and the road n
of xroads.

Europa Kas

May 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/8/00
Hail fellow adventurers,

I wouldn't advise trying to kill the Guards situated out of towns, there
have been numerous times (usually early in the morning) when I've gotten the
craving for some experimenting, and one of these times led me to try and
kill the aforementioned.

I own a house near Compassion desert crossroads thus decided this would be
the best place to perform my foul acts. I popped into the guard section,
slipped into war mode & attacked. *Thwack* Instant death. Not being the sort
to give up so easily I then surrounded the same Guard with small tables so
he physically couldn't reach me. War mode, attacked *Thwack* Instant death.
A close friend claims to have killed one, but he claims so many things that
its safe to assume he's lying.

As for the wandering Guards killing Murderers, I can't really comment, but
I expect I'll be doing some more experimenting very soon. *giggles*

I apologise for all generalisations, assumptions & arrogance within this
post.

Fare thee well & ever richer.

Yours,
Kas (Cool UK, Max Empire, Valentine, Jester Cowlscomb).

Uo7 <u...@aol.com> wrote in message

Uo7

May 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/9/00
another place is on the road from east brit going toward cove the guard tower
ive had alot of new pks chase me in there just to get guard killed heh.