Poisoning.

Black BarTT

Jan 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/9/99

Kai wrote in message <778sc4$cq0$1...@readme.online.no>...
>Been working on an assasin for a while now.....gotten it up as adept
>swordsman/alchemist/assasin.

Im a fencer/alchemist/assassin (hits faster, more chance to poison)

I have yet to poison anyone.

You probably have, you dont get any indication as to if it has happened. The
thing you poisoned will get a message, unless its a player, you should see
its spam over it about not feeling well, or whatever!

Good luck, keep it up.
SnakeEyeZ, Atlantic Shard!
PS..email OSI about 2 things. First, why not have it give us a clue as to if
we have succeeded in poisoning something, and Second, why should we lose
karma for it, we didnt do anything negative by poisoning metal, and mages
who cast poison dont get karma loss!!

Kai

Jan 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/10/99
Been working on an assasin for a while now.....gotten it up as adept
swordsman/alchemist/assasin.
Now...I make greater poison, poison my viking with a strong dose, and go
huntin'.
The thing is...after using buckets of greater poison, and hitting orcs and
trolls and ettins,etc. but the dusin, I have yet to poison anyone.

Is there a skill that is needed to get the success rate up?(like anatomy or
something) or am I just shit out of luck?

Finally desided to roleplay this game, and what is a better char than
assasin, I ask myself, but the fun of it all is yet to be experienced.

Any thought would be appreciated.

Belgarion of Trinsic, Drachs

Jan 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/10/99
Greetings,

The chance of success in poisoning your target is directly related to the
skill of the person who applied the poison to your weapon. Rather an odd
way to do it, but I guess it's one of the few ways to make a high skill
level in poisoning useful.

Also, it wears off very, very fast. IIRC, it's 12 or 13 swipes with the
poisoned weapon for deadly poison. In other words, after 12 (13?) swipes,
whether you hit the target or not and whether you successfully posion them
or not, the weapon will need re-poisoning.

I have a GM alchemst and master poisoner who poisons my weapons for me and I
have never failed to poison other players who have attacked me. The results
have been very satisfying. Most satisfying of all is watching them trying
to recall or heal with their concentration being interrupted by the poison.

With regard to poisoning monsters, the only way to see if you have managed
is to hit them a few times, back off a little way, hide, and see if their
health bar continues to drop even when you're not hitting them.

Also, I would suggest that a viking is not the best poison weapon for an
assasin. I use a viking or longsword for normal fighting, and whip out a
deadly poisoned katana if I'm attacked by a PK or thief. The speed of the
weapon in my hands is incredible, and the effectiveness of the posion beyond
doubt.

Regards,
Belgarion.