House Refreshing

Dominic

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
Can someone please answer this for me?

I am going away from Wednesday and wont be back until monday. Obviously if I
do not refresh my house it will decay and disappear before I come back. If
I give a key to someone and make them a friend of the house, when they enter
the house, will the house and its contents be refreshed? Or will I still
need to enter personally in order to do is? Also, if the house does rot away
and disappear, what will happen to the contents? Will I lose them too or
will they transfer to my bank box?

Hoping someone can help me:)

Uttar

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
Well, it's np for that period of time. It's 10 days before it decays.

And if decay, no, it won't be transfered to your bank box. People will be
able to take it.

You don't need to give the key to the friend of the house; If he push the
door even if he can't enter, he will have refreshed it.

Uttar

Phoenix

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
10 days no way. in the manual it says 9 days and thats pushing cosidering
OSI. Jut make someone u trust a friend of the house, lock the door, and ask
them to dbl klik the door every couple of days. hope this helps

phx

Erica

Aug 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/1/00
Hehe, I think I qualify for that. I've been to so many falling houses, by
the time my account was two months old, I owned five houses from selling
rares I found in other falling houses, and placing at some of those spots,
too.

It's really random to be truthful. I've seen houses fall at 11 days and some
fall at 13. But I have never seen 9 days - at all. Either way, it won't
matter if you're only going to be gone 6 days. You have no need to refresh
your house at all while you are gone. A house couldn't possibly fall in 6
days, unless it's re-deeded or a GM deletes it on purpose. But as others
have said, if you're still worried, then just friend someone to your house
and lock the door. Friend's can't unlock the door without a key (co-owners
can, but they have to do it in an indirect way). But a friend can refresh
the house by simply double clicking the door - even if it doesn't open.

And just for future reference, to open a door without the key, access the
house sign and make the house public. Open the door, walk in, and make it
private again. The door does not automatically re-lock after the house is
made private again, so you'll have to re-lock it yourself using the key. But
at least you can get inside without the key.

Erica
--
The internet.
It's the socialization key of the new generation.

Myrex wrote in message <8m7l7b$5u37j$1...@ID-40842.news.cis.dfn.de>...
>it was timed by several people, its actually 11 days to total collapse.
just
>ask one of the many regulars here that have waited next to decaying houses
>for a windfall.

Myrex

Aug 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/2/00

G Depledge

Aug 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/3/00
You can make someone a freind to refresh your house but you do not have to
give them a key it will be refreshed just by them double clicking on the
door, they dont have to enter. :)
"Dominic" <dominic.sut...@btinternet.com> wrote in message