T2 Geek Speak.

>^,,^<

Jun 18, 2001, 7:42:55 PM6/18/01
Ginny Fanello wrote...
> What does this mean??
>
> An exception 0E has occurred at C00069FB in VxDVMM (0-) + 00059F8. This was
> called from 0028:C004BFFC in VxD VFAT (01)
>
> I have been having lots of lock ups particually playing tribes lately. I
> think this gibberish indicates a memory problem something which I haven't
> played with lately.
>
> The only system change lately was to activate the second serial port so I
> could add a kids serial trackball to the system.
>
> The only non-lock up weirdness is that when I have my palm program open, my
> mouse remains busy. I don't open the program more then once a day. This does
> have something to do with the serial port. That is why it had been
> deactivated.
>
> This machine came with 32 mgs of RAM.. We added a used 64 mgs a year ago.
>
> When it locked up in tribes (after playing awhile), I got nothing but pretty
> colors all over the screen.
>
> BTW.. I have already deleted and re-installed tribes.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ginny, I'm going to cross-post this in the Tribes group and see
what sort of help we can get for you. If anyone can help with this
problem, it will be a fellow Tribes addict! ;o)

(I'll try to stop the cross post in agst so it doesn't get crazy. :o} )

--
>^,,^< Miracle, aka DkAngel

Ginny Fanello

Jun 18, 2001, 10:32:41 PM6/18/01
Thanks Miracle..

This afternoon, I tried playing.. went nicely.. til my machine suddenly
restarted itself... I think I have a politgist

">^,,^<" <mir...@spamcop.net> wrote in message

IcyHot

Jun 18, 2001, 10:50:34 PM6/18/01
Check grounding on the motherboard. Also check to ensure memory modules are
seated in place. Check the ambient temperature inside the case. Check to
see if your m/b's bios is up to latest flash as well as if you have the VIA
chipset, get the drivers (for Winblowz) at http://www.viahardware.com . I'd
need to know more about system specs before I could isolate it more for you.

IcyHot
--
Long Dongles, Official T2 Mirror Site
http://www.longdongles.com

Bill Z Bubb

Jun 19, 2001, 10:51:09 AM6/19/01
> This afternoon, I tried playing.. went nicely.. til my machine suddenly
> restarted itself... I think I have a politgist

I would check for a cooling problem.

Bill Z "the gist of the problem" Bubb

Squid

Jun 19, 2001, 11:50:44 AM6/19/01
This could be the problem. I find when i run Tribes that I get a little
buzzer going off inside my tower. There is an alarm warning it is to hot
tin there. It almost is exclusive to tribes. I guess it is really
working the system hard.

Jesse Turner

Jun 24, 2001, 12:40:25 AM6/24/01
you mean a bytegeist?

a free floating digitary

a binary ghost?

personally i think bugs bunny knew it all the time.... gremlins..... and not
the dodge type...

"Ginny Fanello" <owly(Xtel)@earthlink.net> wrote in message