I have returned to have my SAY.. SACRAMENTOSIRLIN

David Sirlin

Jul 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/21/98
What the hell guys?
all this complaining about Vegas? haven't you guys learned that EVERY
tournament has its problems? if you read that there will be a 7 game
tournament to determine the winner, you can't just expect that happen!! it's
much easier to throw OUT the scoring system and just gloss over the details.
Alex won 4 tournaments. that's all we need to know.
we LA players know how to CAPITALIZE words. the best place to capitalize
them is at RANDOM points in the middle of a sentence. never capitalize the
first word of a sentence.
here are my capitalization RANKINGS:

#1 random places in the middle of a sentence
#2 anytime "LA" is involved
#3 the phrase "FOR FREE"
#4 any mention of "Southern Hills Golfland"
and dead last...
#5 at the beginning of a sentence.
I wish those fools Jason Nelson and Jason Cole would give up capitalizing
at the beginning of sentences. they should know that they'll never win
tournaments that way. and if you don't capitalize LA, then come down to LA
and get your ass whooped by Martin Vega, Alex Valle, or any other number of
players that I could name drop to add credibility to my outrageous claims.

but back to VEGAS. now APOC is a great guy. we all love him. let me tell
you the greatest thing about APOC. he had some really poor planning (but
hard work) at vegas which RESULTED in tournaments being cancelled, money
being given away not totally according to the rules, no matching entry fees,
banning akuma, etc., but this guy had the BALLS to try and pull it off
anyway. so stop blasting this guy. his BALLS far outweigh any unfair things
that happened to you. hell, we LA players got screwed out of money at
Chicago and an sf machine in sunnyvale. so that makes it ok for other non-LA
tournaments to screw people, too.

Subject: Apoc is King of Shit Talking!
From: JScha...@gnn.com (jeff schaefer)
Date: 1996/05/28
Newsgroups: alt.games.sf2
[More Headers]
[Subscribe to alt.games.sf2]
Apoc wins the prize for making people look dumb and stupid.
When he starts talking shit, he is really good at it!!
So don't argue with apoc, he will win everytime!
Jeff S.
Former loser of several arguments with apoc!!
----

this is the section of the post where I only talk about how GREAT the LA
players are. they'rrrrrrre great! who knows why we even leave LA. sure,
David Sirlin has placed first and second in the 3 last big SFA2 tournaments
(B2: 49 players from 6 different states, ECC3: 48 players from several
states, Vegas: 45 players from several states). he's not from LA so we don't
need to prove anything against that scrub. john choi isn't from LA either,
but he has SKILLS, so I enjoy playing him. LA. LA. LA. sometimes I like to
write whole sentences just using "LA" and no other words. I rank other words
dead last when put up against LA.

SFA3 is great. nevermind that I'll be slamming it in a few weeks. Alex
Valle from LA plays Sodom and Zangief. it's only coincidence, but I happen
to RANK those as the top two characters. Dan is the #3 character since Alex
Valle plays him, too.

some people make fun of my FAMOUS rankings. here's some credibility for
you. John Choi and David Sirlin rank the SFA2 characters as follows:

tier1: chun li, ryu, KEN , rose
tier2: zangief, sakura

I know that Alex Valle of LA agreed with those rankings last january, but
he wasn't in LA at the time so he was out of his mind. on the other hand,
let's look at my very own SFA2 rankings FROM deja news archives:

Tier 1
Chun Li
Charlie
Akuma
Dhalsim

Tier 2
Ken
Ryu
Rolento
Sagat
Bison
Rose

Tier 3
Birdie
Adon
Gen
Sodom
Sakura
Guy
Zangief
Dan

notice how I rank dhalsim as top tier, then a week later I told Jason Cole
that he couldn't get laid in a morgue because he played dhalsim. remember
that? in fact, these SFA2 rankings are so ACCURATE that i'll follow up this
post by reposting in entirety my complete SFA2 rankings post from when that
game came out.

later.

(Editor's note: Normally, I wouldn't have to say this, but people lately
aren't actually reading posts. I think they read like every other line and
try to extrapolate or something. Anyway, this is all parody and done in fun.
I have nothing against Jeff or Alex or Apoc or anyone else. gg--David
Sirlin)

steve ferris

Jul 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/22/98
> Akuma
> Dhalsim
>
> Tier 2
> Ken
> Ryu
> Rolento
> Sagat
> Bison
> Rose
>
> Tier 3
> Birdie
> Adon
thank you so very MUCH David, the IS one of the funniest most true things
I have ever read. I love shit like THIS. and Jeff Schaefer thank you FOR
bringing a smile to my face for so many years you fucking rule so MUCH you
don't even know. we hang on every word you say schaefer. it makes
reading alt.games.sf2 so worthwhile-there is A god afterall.
-wes

jason nelson

Jul 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/24/98

David Sirlin wrote:

> What the hell guys?
> all this complaining about Vegas? haven't you guys learned that EVERY
> tournament has its problems? if you read that there will be a 7 game
> tournament to determine the winner, you can't just expect that happen!! it's
> much easier to throw OUT the scoring system and just gloss over the details.
> Alex won 4 tournaments. that's all we need to know.
> we LA players know how to CAPITALIZE words. the best place to capitalize
> them is at RANDOM points in the middle of a sentence. never capitalize the
> first word of a sentence.
> here are my capitalization RANKINGS:
>
> #1 random places in the middle of a sentence
> #2 anytime "LA" is involved
> #3 the phrase "FOR FREE"
> #4 any mention of "Southern Hills Golfland"
> and dead last...
> #5 at the beginning of a sentence.
> I wish those fools Jason Nelson and Jason Cole would give up capitalizing
> at the beginning of sentences. they should know that they'll never win
> tournaments that way. and if you don't capitalize LA, then come down to LA
> and get your ass whooped by Martin Vega, Alex Valle, or any other number of
> players that I could name drop to add credibility to my outrageous claims.

jeffy,are you inhaling too much smog again???