Google Grupper støtter ikke lenger nye Usenet-innlegg eller -abonnementer. Historisk innhold er fortsatt synlig.

Sac-throw

Sett 36 ganger
Hopp til første uleste melding

Miss E Padgham

ulest,
1. juni 1993, 05:23:4901.06.1993
til
Folks, what is a "sac-throw"?

NERI MARCO

ulest,
1. juni 1993, 12:31:5801.06.1993
til
sac-throw = in a jumping attack against you you walk into it
puposely and then do a throw move. Called sac for taking the hit and
throw for throwing :)

Sung H. Yi

ulest,
1. juni 1993, 13:25:5801.06.1993
til
ne...@ecf.toronto.edu (NERI MARCO) writes:

A sac throw also refers to taking shorts/jabs and in the meantime
trying to throw. Hoping that you'll get a throw in between your oponnent's
crouching shorts. You're sacrificing in order to get a throw in.

Crying Freeman

ulest,
2. juni 1993, 00:11:3102.06.1993
til

>ne...@ecf.toronto.edu (NERI MARCO) writes:

Ummm.. I disagree with this... You are setting yourself up to get stunned.

Sac throw IMO is only taking a high hit by walking into it and throwing...
Quite risky if you are playing anyone half decent.

--
Che-Yuan Wang
cw2...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

Sung H. Yi

ulest,
2. juni 1993, 12:54:3402.06.1993
til
cw2...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Crying Freeman) writes:

>>ne...@ecf.toronto.edu (NERI MARCO) writes:

I guess you could call it a lazy counter. What I'll do when I'm totally
brain dead and my reflexes have failed out on me is to block the first
crouching short (ken/ryu vs ken/ryu.. too many of these battles) then stand
up and start hitting away the button to throw. You don't lose much energy,
and you don't get thrown.. I don't get stunned from this, unless it's
computer ryu.

Eu-Ming Lee

ulest,
3. juni 1993, 01:32:3103.06.1993
til

Here's what you do against lazy counter-throwers like this:
crouching short, crouching uppercut/jab DP.

Most people think that the worst that can happen to them if they use a
'lazy counter' is they get hit by a few jabs... WRONG! Note, that you
can't put a pause between the short and crouching uppercut, otherwise
a non-lazy counterthrower WILL throw you. So it's back to the guessing
game...

--
Eu-Ming Lee (aka CyberGeek) eum...@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu
"It was not I who was exposed, but you! For I have seen the nipple on

Sung H. Yi

ulest,
3. juni 1993, 13:38:0403.06.1993
til
eum...@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Eu-Ming Lee) writes:

There's going to be a pause between the crouching short and the crouching
uppercut. I'm either going to block the uppercut (I'll be pushing away from
you hitting the button to throw) or you're going to get thrown. Many scrubs
stop this lazy counter just by using crouching roundhouse after crouching
short, but if you sense that's coming ya better stop throwing and block low,
or hope you might get the throw in. It's not hard to block the crouching
roundhouse, you can do it by ear. Now a greater threat to the lazy counter
is if your opponent can buffer dp's with multiple crouching shorts, but have
fun trying to get this off consistently.
BTW: you don't get hit by jabs when you do the lazy counter because you can
block them (crouching jabs) while standing up and trying to throw.

Seth James Killian

ulest,
3. juni 1993, 20:23:2103.06.1993
til
sun...@umcc.umcc.umich.edu (Sung H. Yi) writes:

>>Here's what you do against lazy counter-throwers like this:
>>crouching short, crouching uppercut/jab DP.

> There's going to be a pause between the crouching short and the crouching

>uppercut. I'm either going to block the uppercut (I'll be pushing away from
>you hitting the button to throw) or you're going to get thrown. Many scrubs

Wrong. Crouching short kick, standing fierce, jab DP is a combo.
You will not take one hit, and then block, assuming the attacker is doing
everything correctly. If you get thrown or blocked, the attacker blew it.
You did not "counter" him.

>stop this lazy counter just by using crouching roundhouse after crouching
>short, but if you sense that's coming ya better stop throwing and block low,
>or hope you might get the throw in. It's not hard to block the crouching
>roundhouse, you can do it by ear. Now a greater threat to the lazy counter

You can also do it without ears. Crouching short to roundhouse sweep
is not a combo. It can be easily blocked. It is also very easy to throw
the foolish attacker out of this move.

>is if your opponent can buffer dp's with multiple crouching shorts, but have
>fun trying to get this off consistently.

It is only really difficult after 3 or more short kicks. Besides,
after 3 short kicks, you really shouldn't be worried about getting thrown,
as the attacker should be out of range. The lazy counter is simply a bad
idea, which should not be used. That is all.

>BTW: you don't get hit by jabs when you do the lazy counter because you can
>block them (crouching jabs) while standing up and trying to throw.

This needs clarification, as you can't mean anything so stupid as
this appears...

Seth Killian

Sarah Kay Ellerman

ulest,
4. juni 1993, 00:44:3204.06.1993
til
To all you people who think they are safe (from a throw) after 3 short kicks
YOU'RE wrong I have yet to have someone counter a throw after 3 shorts the
first time I've done it to them. It usually works even if you keep doing it.
They also look stupid. Ask MING!!!!

Sarah Kay Ellerman

ulest,
4. juni 1993, 01:04:1504.06.1993
til
Ken and ryu's short kick/ roundhouse may not be a combo, but Zangief's is.
If you are at the proper distance (up to and including his SPD range), Zangief
can hit you with a standing short kick and a crouching roundhouse. Also,
After the opponent falls down, he can go up and do it again. If the opponent
starts blocking it, you just substitute a SPD for the crouching roundhouse.

I also happen to think that I AM CHUN-LI and all men will pay!!!!!!!!!!
JUST you wait, you arrogant little streetfighting posters!! I'll get
you! Yup, I sure will. I think.

Crying Freeman

ulest,
4. juni 1993, 02:29:2904.06.1993
til
sun...@umcc.umcc.umich.edu (Sung H. Yi) writes:

>cw2...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Crying Freeman) writes:

>>> A sac throw also refers to taking shorts/jabs and in the meantime
>>>trying to throw. Hoping that you'll get a throw in between your oponnent's
>>>crouching shorts. You're sacrificing in order to get a throw in.

>>Ummm.. I disagree with this... You are setting yourself up to get stunned.

>>Sac throw IMO is only taking a high hit by walking into it and throwing...
>>Quite risky if you are playing anyone half decent.

> I guess you could call it a lazy counter. What I'll do when I'm totally
>brain dead and my reflexes have failed out on me is to block the first
>crouching short (ken/ryu vs ken/ryu.. too many of these battles) then stand
>up and start hitting away the button to throw. You don't lose much energy,
>and you don't get thrown.. I don't get stunned from this, unless it's
>computer ryu.

When I meant setting yourself up to get stunned, I meant that decent
Ken/Ryu players, (heck, even Ken/Ryu scrubs like me) can buffer a DP
after a crouching short.
--
Che-Yuan Wang
cw2...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

Sung H. Yi

ulest,
4. juni 1993, 19:52:3504.06.1993
til
said: "This needs clarification, as you can't mean anything so stupid as
this appears." Surely, it can be done. Try it you'll like it. It will
work against ken/ryu/guile (and probably others, but I don't have current
experience to base this on.. haven't played since school got out, but I'm
positive about ken/ryu/guile). Block the first jab of the ticker then stand
up as he continuously pounds the jab button and start punding your throw
button (while pushing away from him of course). All crouching jabs will be
blocked while you're standing.

Sima Yi

ulest,
7. juni 1993, 22:40:2307.06.1993
til
In article <C82zF...@news.cso.uiuc.edu> ske4...@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
(Sarah Kay Ellerman) writes:
>I also happen to think that I AM CHUN-LI and all men will pay!!!!!!!!!!
>JUST you wait, you arrogant little streetfighting posters!! I'll get
>you! Yup, I sure will. I think.

Heh, a woman with attitude! At UIUC no less. Something must be right
:-).

//Lui

--
//Lui Sieh |How seldom we weigh our neighbor in the same
Mail: si...@panix.com |balance with ourselves. -- Thomas A Kempis

d. rion hall

ulest,
7. juni 1993, 21:59:1407.06.1993
til

>I also happen to think that I AM CHUN-LI and all men will pay!!!!!!!!!!
>JUST you wait, you arrogant little streetfighting posters!! I'll get
>you! Yup, I sure will. I think.

sieh> Heh, a woman with attitude! At UIUC no less. Something must be right
sieh> :-).

sieh> //Lui

ever irc much? you'll see it big time... ;)

oh... not to offend, sarah... but I don't see too many girls playin' the games
in the arcade... (although those I have seen have beat the livin' daylights out
of me when they do play...)

--

-d. rion hall-

we are the music makers, wandering the lone sea-breakers,
and we are the dreamer of dreams, and sitting by desolate streams.
-- O'Shaughnessy

0 nye meldinger