Zangief combos

Charles Quigley

May 10, 1993, 6:19:02 PM5/10/93
I'm looking for some new combos for Zangief. The one I use now is the
Flying Fierce+short+SPD. I'd like to try some new things.
Any ideas.

Adam <gala...@u.washington.edu>

Kenichiro Tanaka

May 10, 1993, 10:23:10 PM5/10/93
On 10-May-93 in Zangief combos
user Charles Qui...@u.washin writes:

>I'm looking for some new combos for Zangief. The one I use now is the
>Flying Fierce+short+SPD. I'd like to try some new things.
>Any ideas.

Here's a variation of that combo that one of the Zangief players here
(hi John) is trying all the time. He actually succeeds once in a while.
:)

flying neck fierce - crouch jab - crouch jab - crouch short - SPD

The flying fierce has to be really deep, so Zangief's hitting with his shins.

In general, it seems like you can stick in a bunch of jabs and shorts as
long as it doesn't push you out of SPD range. I've seen flying fierce -
standing short - SPD.

Oh and before anyone points this out, there are no true SPD combos.
They're hard as hell to get out of if executed properly, so they might
as well be, though.

Ken

Eu-Ming Lee

May 11, 1993, 1:17:07 AM5/11/93
Kenichiro Tanaka <kt...@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

Some Zangief stuff:

>flying neck fierce - crouch jab - crouch jab - crouch short - SPD
>The flying fierce has to be really deep, so Zangief's hitting with his shins.

>In general, it seems like you can stick in a bunch of jabs and shorts as
>long as it doesn't push you out of SPD range. I've seen flying fierce -
>standing short - SPD.

>Oh and before anyone points this out, there are no true SPD combos.
>They're hard as hell to get out of if executed properly, so they might
>as well be, though.

Thanks for the info. This sounds like an echo of what I posted 6
months ago.

--
Eu-Ming Lee (aka CyberGeek) eum...@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu
Be there when I feed the tree.

John Nishinaga

May 11, 1993, 4:05:52 AM5/11/93

gala...@u.washington.edu (Charles Quigley) writes:

> I'm looking for some new combos for Zangief. The one I use now is the
> Flying Fierce+short+SPD. I'd like to try some new things. Any ideas.

Well, that's not exactly a combo so here's one...

Foward Flip + down Fierce (neck), standing Strong, standing Short, SPD or
crouching Roundhouse against those that can get out of it. What I mean by
those who can get out of it includes Ryu, Ken, Zangief, Dhalsim, Sagat and
Vega or E. Honda, Blanka, Guile and Chun Li if they're charged (not likely).
I don't think there's anything Balrog or M. Bison can do to get out of a SPD
cheap.

(A funk-ier combo is Foward Flip + down Fierce (close), crouching Foward to
Lariet.)
--
John Nishinaga - jnis...@netcom.com

Kenichiro Tanaka

May 11, 1993, 10:00:40 AM5/11/93
On 11-May-93 in Re: Zangief combos
user Eu-Ming L...@mrcnext.cso. writes:

>>[Zangief combos]

>Thanks for the info. This sounds like an echo of what I posted 6
>months ago.

Well obviously, the guy who was asking about Zangief combos can't read
your post from 6 months ago. Duh. Even _your_ precious posts get purged
every so often.

So shut up.

Ken

Thomas Calvin Cannon

May 11, 1993, 12:03:35 PM5/11/93
In article <C6uK0...@news.cso.uiuc.edu> eum...@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Eu-Ming Lee) writes:
>Kenichiro Tanaka <kt...@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:
>
>Some Zangief stuff:
>>flying neck fierce - crouch jab - crouch jab - crouch short - SPD
>>The flying fierce has to be really deep, so Zangief's hitting with his shins.
>
>>In general, it seems like you can stick in a bunch of jabs and shorts as
>>long as it doesn't push you out of SPD range. I've seen flying fierce -
>>standing short - SPD.
>
>>Oh and before anyone points this out, there are no true SPD combos.
>>They're hard as hell to get out of if executed properly, so they might
>>as well be, though.
>
>Thanks for the info. This sounds like an echo of what I posted 6
>months ago.

Could I point something out here? It _is_ ok for information to be reposted
here for the people who don't subscribe to this group religiously. Seems
like whenever someone posts known info, someone else jumps up shouting, " I
thought of that first!" =)

>--
>Eu-Ming Lee (aka CyberGeek) eum...@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu
>Be there when I feed the tree.

---
Tom Cannon
ink...@leland.stanford.edu

np1...@albnyvms.bitnet

May 10, 1993, 8:45:30 PM5/10/93

Try coming in with a Fierce-splash to a low forward to a spinning clothesline.
It always works when the fierce splash is a neck hit. The low forward can be
repleaced by a number of thins such as low short standing jab low jab etc.
Have fun

-Nick

Brian Odom

May 15, 1993, 12:20:38 AM5/15/93

OK, I would like to make a distinction here. I think that there are in fact
some TRUE SPD combos. Just that only certain characters can get out of them.
One can DP or razor kick out of the "combo". Maybe Blanka can ball. I've
tried teleport to no avail, and I think that Balrog is helpless. In other
words, some characters have a move for escape and some do not. I don't think
Vega can do anything about it.

Frank M. Lin

May 21, 1993, 3:15:52 PM5/21/93

Try...

flying fierce
stand-up strong
stand-up short
SPD

You maybe have to change from flying fierce short or forward. In HF,
fierce/roundhouse seem to push them off the range of SPD. But I dunno,
my Zangief on HF just isn't what it used to be. :)

--
frank m. lin
fm...@netcom.com