BEST COMBO'S AWARD -- README

Todd C. Langan

Jul 21, 1993, 3:11:42 PM7/21/93
I am currently compiling a little list of combos for all characters and the
more people I ask the more amazing combo's they'll give me.

So I was thinking here would be the best place to present the Best Combo
Award...People place your favorite/best combo's for any char with this
message and after awhile awards will be given out...(aka you hold the
title on the a.g.sf2!)

So please post your best/amazing combo's here!

Gambit

--
Marcus -O _ (tla...@cwis.unomaha.edu) \_/ O ÀOÙ Lets
Graham _/=8 {_¯ O ®³³¯- oÄÄÄ\Ù ððoÄÄ|ÄÄoðð RoCK!

RPM

Jul 21, 1993, 4:52:00 PM7/21/93
In article <1993Jul21.1...@news.unomaha.edu>, tla...@cwis.unomaha.edu (Todd C. Langan) writes...

>I am currently compiling a little list of combos for all characters and the
>more people I ask the more amazing combo's they'll give me.
>
>So I was thinking here would be the best place to present the Best Combo
>Award...People place your favorite/best combo's for any char with this
>message and after awhile awards will be given out...(aka you hold the
>title on the a.g.sf2!)
>
>So please post your best/amazing combo's here!

U want the most impressive looking ones?
I'll only post what I know is true (what I've seen or done)
Here it goes:

Honda: Bellyflop (land behind) - standing roundhouse
#all versions

Chun Li: Jumping Fierce (land behind) - standing strong - fierce - Hundred
foot kick (Very hard to do, but possible)
#CE and HF only

Blanka: Jumping Fierce - standing strong - Ball (I never figured this one
out. Only saw it in classic)
#all versions

Ryu: Jumping Fierce - Fierce - HK (Ce and HF only)
Jumping fierce - Short kick - uppercut
Fierce - short uppercut

Ken: Jumping Roundhouse (land behind) - fierce - fierce uppercut
(the famous Touch Of Death (TOD) most powerfull)
#CE and HF only

Guile: Jumping fierce - fierce - sonic boom - fierce (On HF, only in corner)
Jumping fierce - standing fierce - Razor kick (HARD)
#all versions. The second one MIGHT set off a glitch in early classic
versions.

Dhalsim: um......

Zangief: Jumping fierce (swan dive) (land behind) - crouching foreward kick -
Super Pile Driver (Controversial: may be considered
a tick)
Jumping roundhouse - crouching Jab - spinning punch
(misses alot)
#all versions

Balrog: TAP - charging punch (only works if opponent is just getting up and
you do the Turn-Around-Punch early) (also, looks painfull)
Jumping fierce - crouching short - standing short - charging kick(any)
(scares the hell outa some, 'cause it looks devastating.
No severe damage though)
Jumping fierce - standing strong - charging punch (any)
(You see the computer do this all the time)
(does good damage)

Vega: Only heard a description from someone else.
Jumping fierce - crouching short/jab - vegaroll.
(doubt it works, but sounds good)

Sagat: Jumping fierce - standing short kick (buffered: only hits once) - fierce
tiger uppercut (2nd most powerfull combo)
Or use Tiger Knee instead of the Tiger Uppercut. (Hits 4 times, but
does less damage. Looks MEAN)

Bison: Crouching jab - standing jab - scissor kick
I've heard this one for CE, but I kinda doubt it.
Crouching jab - crouching jab - jab - scissor kick - crouching foreward
- foreward. (no way...)

That's all. I know there's more & better. I just don't rely on Combos that
much.
- RPM

RPM

Jul 21, 1993, 5:17:00 PM7/21/93
In article <21JUL199...@rosie.uh.edu>, st...@rosie.uh.edu (RPM) writes...

>In article <1993Jul21.1...@news.unomaha.edu>, tla...@cwis.unomaha.edu (Todd C. Langan) writes...
>>I am currently compiling a little list of combos for all characters and the
>>more people I ask the more amazing combo's they'll give me.
>>
>>So I was thinking here would be the best place to present the Best Combo
>>Award...People place your favorite/best combo's for any char with this
>>message and after awhile awards will be given out...(aka you hold the
>>title on the a.g.sf2!)
>>
>>So please post your best/amazing combo's here!
>>
>U want the most impressive looking ones?
>I'll only post what I know is true (what I've seen or done)
>Here it goes:

I made a few mistakes. Sorry. Below is the correct version:

>Honda: Bellyflop (land behind) - standing roundhouse
> #all versions
>
>Chun Li: Jumping Fierce (land behind) - standing strong - fierce - Hundred
> foot kick (Very hard to do, but possible)
> #CE and HF only
>
>Blanka: Jumping Fierce - standing strong - Ball (I never figured this one
> out. Only saw it in classic)

I don't normally play K/R. I'm sure someone has better stuff to show.

>Ryu: Jumping Fierce - Fierce - HK (Ce and HF only)
> Jumping fierce - Short kick - uppercut

> Fierce - JAB uppercut

>Ken: Jumping Roundhouse (land behind) - fierce - fierce uppercut
> (the famous Touch Of Death (TOD) most powerfull)
> #CE and HF only
>
>Guile: Jumping fierce - fierce - sonic boom - fierce (On HF, only in corner)
> Jumping fierce - standing fierce - Razor kick (HARD)

> #all versions. The second combo MIGHT set off a glitch in early classic
> versions.
>
>Dhalsim: um......anyone?

>Zangief: Jumping fierce (swan dive) (land behind) - crouching foreward kick -
> Super Pile Driver (Controversial: may be considered
> a tick)

Sorry about the Balrog error. I think Phil let me know once that I was wrong.

>Balrog: TAP - charging punch (only works if opponent is just getting up and
> you do the Turn-Around-Punch early) (also, looks painfull)
> Jumping fierce - crouching short - standing short - charging kick(any)
> (scares the hell outa some, 'cause it looks devastating.
> No severe damage though)

> Jumping fierce - standing --FOREWARD-- charging punch (any)

> (You see the computer do this all the time)
> (does good damage)
>
>Vega: Only heard a description from someone else.
> Jumping fierce - crouching short/jab - vegaroll.
> (doubt it works, but sounds good)
>
>Sagat: Jumping fierce - standing short kick (buffered: only hits once) - fierce
> tiger uppercut (2nd most powerfull combo)
> Or use Tiger Knee instead of the Tiger Uppercut. (Hits 4 times, but
> does less damage. Looks MEAN)
>
>Bison: Crouching jab - standing jab - scissor kick
> I've heard this one for CE, but I kinda doubt it.
> Crouching jab - crouching jab - jab - scissor kick - crouching foreward
> - foreward. (no way...)
>
>That's all. I know there's more & better. I just don't rely on Combos that
> much.
> - RPM

A thousand pardons for the errors guys......

- RPM

Lyle Fong

Jul 23, 1993, 5:19:10 AM7/23/93
There are some additions and errors I thought I might point out...

st...@rosie.uh.edu (RPM) writes:

>In article <1993Jul21.1...@news.unomaha.edu>, tla...@cwis.unomaha.edu (Todd C. Langan) writes...
>>I am currently compiling a little list of combos for all characters and the
>>more people I ask the more amazing combo's they'll give me.
>>
>>So I was thinking here would be the best place to present the Best Combo
>>Award...People place your favorite/best combo's for any char with this
>>message and after awhile awards will be given out...(aka you hold the
>>title on the a.g.sf2!)
>>
>>So please post your best/amazing combo's here!
>>
>U want the most impressive looking ones?
>I'll only post what I know is true (what I've seen or done)
>Here it goes:

>Honda: Bellyflop (land behind) - standing roundhouse
> #all versions

One great combo that works for me is jumping roundhouse (or anything else
for that matter) and crouching forward kick. (must be certain distance)
If close enough, standing roundhouse would work too.. which is a lot more
damage.

>Chun Li: Jumping Fierce (land behind) - standing strong - fierce - Hundred
> foot kick (Very hard to do, but possible)
> #CE and HF only

>Blanka: Jumping Fierce - standing strong - Ball (I never figured this one
> out. Only saw it in classic)
> #all versions

>Ryu: Jumping Fierce - Fierce - HK (Ce and HF only)
> Jumping fierce - Short kick - uppercut
> Fierce - short uppercut

The HK combo is not very effective because there is enough time to duck
under it if the fierce is just a little bit too far. Therefore, it is
not recommended.

The most powerful Ryu combo besides the TOD is the Jumping Roundhouse,
then immediately jumping roundhouse followed by a HK.

Of course, the fierce/fierce/fireball is always effective.

>Ken: Jumping Roundhouse (land behind) - fierce - fierce uppercut
> (the famous Touch Of Death (TOD) most powerfull)
> #CE and HF only

The TOD works on the classic too.

I think Ken's best 'effective' combo (i.e. works most of the time,
doesn't require jumping behind the guy) is a jumping fierce, standing
strong, jab or strong uppercut. Sometimes it doesn't look like it will
hit, but it is by far the most effective combo Ken has. It takes
off a LOT of damage too.

That's it.. otherwise, I'm glad someone is doing a compilation of
combos.. it's been a while since anyone has done that for the net.

Lyle

University of California at Berkeley

Lyle Fong

L y l e @ n e t c o m . c o m

Nightstalker

Jul 23, 1993, 8:19:50 AM7/23/93
In article <lyleCAM...@netcom.com> Lyle Fong, ly...@netcom.com writes:
>I think Ken's best 'effective' combo (i.e. works most of the time,
>doesn't require jumping behind the guy) is a jumping fierce, standing
>strong, jab or strong uppercut. Sometimes it doesn't look like it will
>hit, but it is by far the most effective combo Ken has. It takes
>off a LOT of damage too.

If you're going to do that, why not:
jumping fierce-standing fierce-jab or strong DP
Sometimes, just for kicks, I do jumping fierce-standing fierce-fierce
DP. Of course,
if not against Balrog, Zangief, Dhalsim, or Sagat, this will only hit 3
times and Ken
will go flying into the air. Any sensible player would combo me as I
come down...
but some players in my area aren't too sensible. Anyway, usually this
kills them, so
I take the chance.

What do you think about jumping fierce-ducking strong-strong DP for Ryu?
I do this
against the above-mentioned large characters, and it seems to do a fair
amount of
damage. One more question about Ryu: for jumping roundhouse-jumping
roundhouse-
HK, do you buffer the second jumping roundhouse? Also, is this a
roundhouse where
you jump straight up, or toward the opponent?

- Nightstalker

Lyle Fong

Jul 23, 1993, 8:14:39 PM7/23/93
Nightstalker <lcs...@athena.mit.edu> writes:

>In article <lyleCAM...@netcom.com> Lyle Fong, ly...@netcom.com writes:
>>I think Ken's best 'effective' combo (i.e. works most of the time,
>>doesn't require jumping behind the guy) is a jumping fierce, standing
>>strong, jab or strong uppercut. Sometimes it doesn't look like it will
>>hit, but it is by far the most effective combo Ken has. It takes
>>off a LOT of damage too.

> If you're going to do that, why not:
> jumping fierce-standing fierce-jab or strong DP
> Sometimes, just for kicks, I do jumping fierce-standing fierce-fierce
>DP. Of course,
>if not against Balrog, Zangief, Dhalsim, or Sagat, this will only hit 3
>times and Ken
>will go flying into the air. Any sensible player would combo me as I
>come down...
>but some players in my area aren't too sensible. Anyway, usually this
>kills them, so
>I take the chance.

Well, that's exactly the problem.. a fierce/fierce/fierce DP (or
for that matter, a rndhouse/fierce/fierce DP) will leave you vulnerable
for a combo or throw when u land (unless it's either a tall char or
the guy get's dazed).. So it is not very effective as a strategy to do
all the time. Where,as a Fierce, strong, jab dp works almost whenever
a fierce/fierce/fireball would work. Damage-wise, it takes off almost
exactly the same as a fierce/fierce/DP.. but it is a lot safer.. and
the fierce pushes the opponent too far away usually to do a JP or
Strong DP.i

> What do you think about jumping fierce-ducking strong-strong DP for Ryu?
> I do this
>against the above-mentioned large characters, and it seems to do a fair
>amount of
>damage. One more question about Ryu: for jumping roundhouse-jumping
>roundhouse-
>HK, do you buffer the second jumping roundhouse? Also, is this a
>roundhouse where
>you jump straight up, or toward the opponent?

I find that the fierce/ducking strong/dp is very effective if u are
close.. it is very hard to counter throw through it.. (I.e. Even computer
Zangief can't throw you through it.. whereas he can throw you through
any other combo) But damage wise, ryu's rndhouse/rndhouse/hk is
a lot more damaging.

It doesn't matter actually if u jump straight up, left, or right..
just as long as you do it fast enough. (though jumping away from him
is very hard, because if u don't do it fast enough, the hurricane
kick will just go away from him instead of hitting him)

I'm not sure what the term 'buffered' refers to, but basically, the timing
is as fast as you can get the HK off.. do it. hee hee

> - Nightstalker

Hope that helps..

Jon Salud

Jul 26, 1993, 7:51:59 PM7/26/93
>Ken: Jumping Roundhouse (land behind) - fierce - fierce uppercut
> (the famous Touch Of Death (TOD) most powerfull)
> #CE and HF only

Jumping Roundhouse (land behind)--it's called a zoned roundhouse.

I did the same combo with Ryu and it appears to be more powerful than Ken's
TOD. I got the computer Guile dizzy with only 1/3 power damage, and then
I did that combo and surpisingly it took Guile out. 7 seconds. I don't
think I'll ever do that again. :-)
~Jon~

Lord Baal

Jul 27, 1993, 12:16:52 AM7/27/93
Jon Salud <U51...@uicvm.uic.edu> writes:
>Jumping Roundhouse (land behind)--it's called a zoned roundhouse.

>I did the same combo with Ryu and it appears to be more powerful than Ken's
>TOD. I got the computer Guile dizzy with only 1/3 power damage, and then
>I did that combo and surpisingly it took Guile out. 7 seconds. I don't
>think I'll ever do that again. :-)
>~Jon

I did not realize they had a name for kicking someone behind...
and you are probably mistaken....the combo you just mentioned with
ryu does not do 2/3 of energy damage....little exaggeration..
`~

(_______)
\ \ / /
\ /