THE COMPLETE M.BISON -MMSF-

un02...@wvnvms.wvnet.edu

Feb 16, 1993, 8:19:33 PM2/16/93
-M.BISON-

Best Against> Dhalsim, Balrog, Blanka

Worst Against> Ken, Ryu, Zangief

This evil dictator from Thailand combines good distance with potent damage and
excellent special attacks. Below is a summary on how to handle certain
opponents.

Ryu: Ryu's non stop spiritball attack and then dragon punch when you jump over
pattern is Bison's largest problem here. Try using your standing roundhouse
just as Balrog would use his standing fierce punch. This will allow you to
knock him out of a spiritball. (if you have trouble perdicting his projectiles
try using the standing short kick. This is much faster while at the same range,
and can be executed just as Ryu starts his spiritball motion allowing you to
knock him out of it). The only problem with this attack is that it does quite a
bit less energy than the roundhouse. Another way out of the spiritball trap is
the flying head stomp. When you execute this move either try and perdict his
projectile, or start it as soon as he begins the spiritball motion. If you
to be close enough and jump over the spiritball before he can dragon punch you
it is best to use a fast attack (this limits the time he has to DP) and then
execute the infamous torpedo body. If he jumps in on you your standing round-
house kick will work well. (use this if he jumps in from about four body widths)
If he jumps in closer the jump straight up fierce punch works well.

Ken: Handle very much as you would Ryu, taking into concederation the usual
awareness of his larger uppercut. When he (or Ryu) helicopter kick you can
torpedo body them out of it if you have time to get your attack fully executed.
If they start it very close just duck under it and try to use the ducking fierce
punch. Or you can just wait and torpedo body him after he lands.
****Torpedo Body--- When you get in close to an opponent throw a few punches
and if they block them execute the torpedo body. This will take off about the
same damage as a roundhouse that connected. Most Bison players already do this
but for beginners, use the torpedo body whenever you can to take off all the
extra damage you can.

E.Honda: The key to defeating Honda is keeping him at a distance. Your standing
roundhouse kick will work nicely for this. When jumping in use fast attacks and
try to aim them so that they just barely hit him in the face (otherwise he may
fierce chop you out of the air.) Another good attack is the torpedo body. He has
no projectile (other than himself) to counter this attack and will take off a
fair amount off damage even if he blocks. Finally a very effective attack is
nonstop attack #1.
****Torpedo pattern---When executing the torpedo pattern you will notice that
the only time you are really vunerable to counters is when you are in between
torpedos (esp in corners). The best way out of this dangerous situation is to
either jump straight up into the air with the fierce punch ready, or immediatly
start jab punching like a mad man, following this up with either a scissor kick
or torpedo body. (Another good way out of the corner is to simply throw your
opponent as you come out of the torpedo body. This is however concederd cheap
in most arcades.)

Chun Li: A non-stop attack stradegy is best here. Your standing roundhouse can
keep her at a safe distance and your jumping straight up fierce punch will
knock her out of almost all air attacks (save head stomp or air throw, but she
has to be close to use these) Non-stop attack #1 is very effective here as is
using the torpedo body after knocking her out of any air attack. When coming out
of the torpedo body in the corner it is better to use the jab defense against
the throw than using the jumping fierce one.

Blanka: Your standing kicks are also very effective against Blanka. Try using
a varity of strength and speed for if you use to many roundhouse kicks he may
get your timing down and can ducking fierce punch you out of it. If you get any
more than three body widths away the torpedo body or scissor kick will work
very well. When he jumps in the best defense is to just jump back and then
torpedo him. (try using different speeds of the torpedo besides fierce for
you can be kicked out of the torpedo if Blanka jumps up and hits you in the
front part of the body.) Like Chun the best way to get out of the corner after
usuing the torpedo body is the jab method not the jump up method. Lastly when
Blanka uses the ball you can either 1- scissor kick him out of it 2- torpedo
body him (he will be able to block this part). The scissor kick is better for
it does slightly more damage and knocks him down. The torpedo is better for
it will set him up for futher attacks as well as damage him.

Zangief: The largest problem here is the airplane punch. It will knock you out
of both the standing kicks and the torpedo body. The best way to counter this
is to use lots of standing short kicks. These will usually draw him off sides
and into his airplane punch. When he is executing this move he can be either
sweept (with the roundhouse slide) or if you have it charged scissor kicked.
When Zangief jumps in the best defense is to jump straight up and roundhouse
kick him.
****Good pattern--A good way to keep Zan pinned down is to get him in the
corner and use several of the jab torpedo bodies. As this drills into him charge
up either another torpedo body or scissor kick and execute non-stop attack #1,
only use the short torpedo body instead of the fierce one.

Guile: The key to defeating Guile (esp. if your opponent is a defensive Guile)
is to maintain a non-stop attack. Get close to him (just beyond his foward
sweep range) and try using as few ducking jab punches. This will usually work
well in drawing your opponent off sides into either a sonic boom or an axe-kick.
If he goes for the axe the best thing to do is duck under it and then throw him
as he comes down, follow this up with a non-stop attack. If he goes for a sonic
boom the best counter is a roundhouse scissor kick just as his hands cross each
other and the sonic boom starts to leave him. This will allow you to go over
the sonic boom and land a double hit. When jumping in at a distance the best
attack is a simple short kick. This works well for it has a high priority. If
your opponent jumps in on you the best defense is the straight jump roundhouse.

Dhalsim: The torpedo body is a terror for Dhalsim. Once you start it nothing of
his can counter it (unless he takes a major damage defeciet). He can however
slide under it if you become to predictable. Another good attack is non-stop
attack #1. The best way to break his fireball kick pattern is the flying
head stomp. Dhalsim's slow response time makes him prime bait for this move.
You can knock him out of any standing kick with a ducking fierce punch. The
scissor kick will also knock him out of a standing kick if you execute it
just as his foot starts to retreat. Lastly a bit of forwarning he can
screwdrive (feet first) you out of the torpedo if he hits the front part of your
body.

Balrog: Use your standing roundhouse kick much as you would against Zangief.
This will help to keep him back. The torpedo body works well here, but be
sure that you can get the attack fully executed before you near him. (he can
easily charging uppercut you out of it if he hits you before you are fully
commited). If he charges in the best defense is to duck under the assualt and
scissor kick him as he recovers.

Sagat: Handle very much as you would Ryu. The only major difference is his low
tigers. A good way to counter this is 1- the torpedo body (it easily goes over
the low tigers) 2- scissor kick, works much like 1, 3- let him push you back to
a distance and jump over the tiger just as he starts his motion. Hold your
attack until you are close to the ground (this allows you to easier knock him
out of it and if you hold your attack you are much harder for him to TU). When
using the torpedo pattern it is better to come out into the jabs than into the
jump for obviouse reasons. (Tiger Uppercut)

Vega: The torpedo body is very effective against Vega. It is one of your few
attacks that hit him out of the crouching claw attacks. When jumping in it is
best to use weak attacks for they will stay out longer and easily lead into
future non-stop attacks. When Vega jumps in on you the best defense is the
straight jump fierce punch, or at a slightly larger distance the straight
roundhouse kick. If he uses lots of off the wall attacks the best counter is
either 1- the jumping fierce punch if he goes off the wall closest you or
2- jumping roundhouse if he goes off the wall furthest you. Follow up either of
these attacks with a torpedo body.

M.Bison: The standing roundhouse is good to keep your opponent at bay, and can
also hit him out of his torpedo body if you strike him just as he starts to
crunch up. (have to be close to do this.) The torpedo body is as alaways a good
attack as is the scissor kick which with it's better start up speed can knock
an opponent out of their torpedo body if you hit them as they start it. As far
as attacking and air defense choose a fellow Bison like Vega.

Known Combos:
Bison has no real combos but does have several good non-stop
attacks that can easily destroy an opponent esp. if they
don't block.

1) SCISSOR KICK, ducking FOWARD KICK, TORPEDO BODY.
This will stun if it completly connects but is best for
the amount of damage it does even if blocked.

2) jumping SHORT KICK, ducking JAB PUNCH or more, TORPEDO BODY.
This combo will sometimes stun but is best for its speed
and difficulty in countering.

3) the infamous "Holeclaw" style. BACK AND FORTH TORPEDO BODIES

Closing Quote: "Get lost, you can't compare to my patterns."

Brian Odom

Feb 17, 1993, 1:47:02 AM2/17/93
In <1993Feb16....@wvnvms.wvnet.edu> un02...@wvnvms.wvnet.edu writes:

> -M.BISON-

>Best Against> Dhalsim, Balrog, Blanka

>Worst Against> Ken, Ryu, Zangief

>Dhalsim: The torpedo body is a terror for Dhalsim. Once you start it nothing of

>his can counter it (unless he takes a major damage defeciet). He can however
>slide under it if you become to predictable. Another good attack is non-stop
>attack #1. The best way to break his fireball kick pattern is the flying
>head stomp. Dhalsim's slow response time makes him prime bait for this move.
>You can knock him out of any standing kick with a ducking fierce punch. The
>scissor kick will also knock him out of a standing kick if you execute it
>just as his foot starts to retreat. Lastly a bit of forwarning he can
>screwdrive (feet first) you out of the torpedo if he hits the front part of your
>body.

Really? It's a terror for Balrog, but not for Dhalsim. Now why in the world
would Dhalsim try to slide under a torpedo?? Risky. Dangerous. Listen man,
if you're going to say that he doesn't have a counter, make sure that you know
what you're talking about. Dhalsim can crouch fierce punch to avoid torpedo.
He falls flat to the ground, low enough for Bison to pass over him and it's
easy to do. Dhalsim can give Bison a good fight if he wants to.