HELP ON BLANKA VS. BALROG ?

David Tunnah

Apr 13, 1993, 1:04:53 PM4/13/93
Please, someone give me some winning stratigies or combos for using Blanka
on Balrog (sf2 CE or normal arcade). I can get up to him on one quarter but
thats where I mess up. I can beat the sh*t out of mostly any Ken or Ryu
player but I cannot do anything against Balrog. If anyone has any
information on this PLEASE!

thanks a bunch!

David Tunnah

St. Michael

Apr 13, 1993, 4:59:30 PM4/13/93
tunn...@pvec.bridgewater.ns.ca (David Tunnah) writes:

I assume you're talking about the computer. If so, do crouching forwards
when ever Balrog gets close enough and 90% he will try to jump over them.
You should have your joystick set in the crouching defenisve position by
now and as he jumps BALL him. Works almost all the time. There are times
when Balrog starts wailing on you not giving you a break. In that case you
can revert to using crouching shorts or jabs/strong. I prefer shorts.
The minute he jumps...BAALLLL! Cheap but it works.

>thanks a bunch!

Good luck...

---
Mike (mjk3...@uxa.cso.uiuc)

Keith Miyake

Apr 13, 1993, 8:27:01 PM4/13/93
tunn...@pvec.bridgewater.ns.ca (David Tunnah) writes:

simple strategies (against the computer):
1) Jump straight up and use roundhouse kick
2) crouch and use fierce

Don't have experience playing Blanka gainst good Balrog players.

Keith
--
kmi...@cs.rutgers.edu

Alain Hoang

Apr 14, 1993, 9:19:39 AM4/14/93

AAAhhh old classic Balrog. Well one of the techniques I use is jump
in with a forward. Yes that's right I jumped in :), insane yes but it seems
that wacky forward priority allows you to cut through Balrog Uppercut hell.
After that a headbutt then dizzy. Smack him around a bit with a combo or
something stupid then repeat. Try it.... the computer is a moron (except
for Sagat upp-yourbutts) jumping forward then a headbutt... if they block the
headbutt I presume you could ball them if you charge long enough (do a reverse
headbutt.. it works!). BTW Don't jump in on Guile. Wait for him to make stupid
mistakes and keep him back with low forwards (of course if he gets angry he's
gonna hit you anyways). Ball Guile if he jumps, and when he's down.. time a
slow ball fast ball, medium ball to hit him on the way up. 90% of the time the
computer sucker falls for it and gets to swallow a nice mouthful of fur :).

_/^-^-^-^\
/ _____ |
\ | | | "Might makes Right"
\ | |/ "Suck my Sheng Long"
|------|
|------|
|------|
|------|
Alain Hoang
hoa...@rpi.edu

Sima Yi

Apr 17, 1993, 8:00:09 PM4/17/93
In article <tunna...@pvec.bridgewater.ns.ca> tunn...@pvec.bridgewater.ns.ca

If you're playing against the computer Balrog on CE, just use electricity.
If you are playing a human Balrog on CE, forget, it's not possible to beat
him unless he tries stupid things.

All Balrog, has to do is wait for you and you're finished. Thank you for
playing.

--
//Lui Sieh |How seldom we weigh our neighbor in the same
Mail: si...@panix.com |balance with ourselves. -- Thomas A Kempis

Philip John Stroffolino

Apr 18, 1993, 10:17:20 AM4/18/93
>If you're playing against the computer Balrog on CE, just use electricity.
>If you are playing a human Balrog on CE, forget, it's not possible to beat
>him unless he tries stupid things.

>All Balrog, has to do is wait for you and you're finished. Thank you for
>playing.

on CE, Blanka can wait, too :)

misc CE human stuff:

this match usually degenerates into a test of patience if both players
are aware of their opponent's 'tricks'

best offense for Balrog vs. defensive Blanka:
feint, TAP

best offense for Blanka vs. defensive Balrog:
slow ball -> chomp (I pity the Balrog who tries to block this out of habit)
walk up and poke at Balrog with crouching shorts and/or ducking
fierces... if you can weasel your way in close enough, go for the bite,
headbutt, or just use electricity
- if Blanka is close and has the juice turned on, Balrog is effectively
pinned. if he jumps back, he can be balled
- if you are in a no throw zone, jump at Balrog and fierce claw early -
you'll make out if he goes for a charging uppercut
- oh, and if Blanka ever knocks Balrog down, go for a combo/tick as
Balrog is getting up; Balrog has an excellent reactive defense against
Blanka on CE, but if he makes a mistake, he'll pay...

BTW, Blanka is immune to Balrog's best CE combos

- Phil

Bill Ed Reardon

Apr 23, 1993, 3:39:09 AM4/23/93

Just sit in your electric field (which while lame, works) or
just try to hit him low where he is weak, if he jumps at you, use a crounching upper cut

>William "Ed" Reardon ::College: (312) 702-5796 <
>1009 E 57th St. RM 147x ::Home: (815) 729-2064 <
>Chicago IL, 60637 ::"There is no try, do or do not" - Yoda <

Mr T.M. Haywood

Apr 26, 1993, 1:25:50 AM4/26/93
wd...@quads.uchicago.edu (Bill "Ed" Reardon) writes:
>>Please, someone give me some winning stratigies or combos for using Blanka
>>on Balrog (sf2 CE or normal arcade). I can get up to him on one quarter but
>>thats where I mess up. I can beat the sh*t out of mostly any Ken or Ryu
>>player but I cannot do anything against Balrog. If anyone has any
>>information on this PLEASE!
on sf2 CE, you can just crouch and do heavy punch when he gets in range.
this is lame but it works. (i think in america heavy puch is fierce puch)
(its different in oz)
on sf2 classic, jump in with heavy kick until you hit him then follow
up immediately with a headbutt (medium punch). this should birdy him,
then head butt, head butt. Jump back out of range and repeat.
Works for me everytime.
P.S. never, i repeat never, role (blanka ball in ameica i think) bison in
classic , or on CE on that matter, he will just punch the fuck out of you.
on classic if you role in to his turning or dashing punch you will lose
half of your energy.
Tom Haywod: 2nd Year Bachelor of Computer Science and Engineering
Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia.
Internet : ins...@aurora.cc.monash.edu.au